We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Mrs. Barber!
VIP November 2013

Are you going to be real or fake? You pick...

Mrs. Barber!, on August 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 83
Saved Save

Ladies, I am stuck between do I want to do real flowers or real touch. When I look on etsy I fall deeply in love with those bouquets.. But some of them are expensive so I wonder if it will be cheaper to do real..Hmmm Anywho, who's doing real flowers and who's fake?

And I am bored at work but I am just fine with that.. lol Smiley smile

83 Comments

• IrishLove™
    Master October 2013
    IrishLove™ ·
    • Flag

I'm doing real. I just posted over sticker shock but FH and I agreed we both agree that we both wanted real and not fake. I think mainly because the last wedding we attended they got fake flowers from a uber cheap store, and it just turned us away from the idea.

• Laura
    Master November 2013
    Laura ·
    • Flag

We are doing real flowers Smiley smile My mom had fake flowers for her wedding, and that has always been a huge regret for her.

That being said, fake flowers have probably come a long way in the last 30 years! There are some beautiful ones out there!

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

I was fortunate enough to find a florist that was pretty reasonably priced, in my book.

For 8 BM bouquets, my bouquet, 8 GM boutonnieres, 1 GM boutonniere, and a flower basket with petals for the FG, everything came up to less than $400. The florist threw in an extra boutonniere for the RB and didn't charge me for delivery.

• Lulu
    Devoted August 2013
    Lulu ·
    • Flag

I'm doing real, not a huge fan of fake flowers even tho they still look lovely. I just love the scent of real flowers

• Mrs. Barber!
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. Barber! ·
    • Flag

Nowadays, fake flowers look better than some real. But ima call around to some florists again today. And Tatiana, that a good deal girl, lucky you!!!!! Smiley smile See, if I can find a deal like that, I will be happy lol

• Love113
    Super September 2015
    Love113 ·
    • Flag

I'm not having flowers..I don't think. We are having a DW on a beach in Florida. Therefore, I've been looking at shell bouquets! I haven't looked at prices but I'm assuming it'd be cheaper to DIY than real flowers.

• Sabrina
    Super October 2014
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

I'm going with silks...we recently went to a wedding and won the centerpiece...the flowers lasted 3 days! We both don't see the point in spending so much money on something that will die so quickly. We have a bunch of wild flowers in our centerpieces and everything else will be silk, including my bouquet and his bout.

• Mrs. Barber!
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. Barber! ·
    • Flag

Courtney, shell bouquets are goregous. A lady on here DIYed her bouquet (shell) and it was beautiful!!

• Mrs.Rebeiro
    Master April 2014
    Mrs.Rebeiro ·
    • Flag

Fake Smiley smile I can't see spending crazy money on flowers that will die. And I paid $80 for everything I need!

• Melissa
    VIP April 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I'm still undecided but leaning toward real. So I'm not much help at all LOL!

• SA Bride!
    Super November 2013
    SA Bride! ·
    • Flag

I'm doing real, simply because there is a florist down the road who has such a bargain it would be a waste NOT to have real (100 roses for R140/ $14).

• Soon-2-B Mrs. K
    Devoted September 2014
    Soon-2-B Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

I’m doing real but that’s just because of our DW. However the guys aren’t getting real boutonnieres. Since we are having a beach wedding, they are getting starfish pins (ones on etsy).

I’ve been in 2 weddings and each of those I had a fake bouquet. Which is nice for two reasons, they won’t fall apart and I saved mine as a decoration piece at home. But the bride had real… even though her bouquet was $600. I don’t think I could spend that much on a bouquet.

• Hilery
    VIP November 2014
    Hilery ·
    • Flag

We are doing real flowers however, I love Courtneys idea of the shell bouquet!

• Singing Diva
    Expert May 2012
    Singing Diva ·
    • Flag

I'm Both!

My bouquet was real touch and by wedding party had real flowers

• Mrs. Barber!
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. Barber! ·
    • Flag

Now, my centerpieces and large arrangements are real touch. (And honey they look gorgeous) Smiley smile But I am wondering will I save money on going to a local florist than spending $400 just for bouquets and that doesn't include boutonnieres.

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

Fake. No way am I spending not even 400 bucks (which is an amazing deal Tatiana) on flowers. I have 3 kids so no can do.

• Mrs. Barber!
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. Barber! ·
    • Flag

Really.. Real touch flowers and real flowers are both expensive.

• Mrs. Barber!
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. Barber! ·
    • Flag

Marlina R., now if I could do my own bouquet like you did. I would have been did it. Now, I'm doing all the flowers for my wedding but I don't think I can do the bouquets tho.

• mrsrobinvalentine
    Master February 2014
    mrsrobinvalentine ·
    • Flag

I thought real flowers were going to be too much for my budget. Between Costco & Sam's Club; I can afford them.

• Mrs. Ross2013
    Super November 2013
    Mrs. Ross2013 ·
    • Flag

We are doing Silk/Fake flowers my florist did an excellent job she made them look real. cant wait to post pics. we went to a wedding that had real flowers. the flowers were dead before the reception started.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles