chocolategirl
Expert August 2010

Are you feeding your vendors

chocolategirl, on February 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Posted in Planning 25

This may sound a bit selfish, but I figure if I am paying you to be here, you can take care of your own meal. My venue will feed one vendor free. However, on average, who pays for the feeding of the vendor, te vendor or the bride/groom? I don't want them to not eat and play terrible music. looking...

This may sound a bit selfish, but I figure if I am paying you to be here, you can take care of your own meal.

My venue will feed one vendor free.

However, on average, who pays for the feeding of the vendor, te vendor or the bride/groom?

I don't want them to not eat and play terrible music.

looking for advice here.

25 Comments

• mandyblank2
    Super May 2010
    mandyblank2 ·
    • Flag

We are feeding our vendors with ourselves. We're having buffet so to us it's just a few more mouths, we don't mind really. We decided this before we signed anything because I wouldn't like it if someone made me work without eating.

• Mrs. Kline (Sass)
    Master December 2010
    Mrs. Kline (Sass) ·
    • Flag

I am feeding them... More than just not wanting bad service, I know if I worked all day and had to be around yummy food I know I would want a meal. I say follow the golden rule.

• mandyblank2
    Super May 2010
    mandyblank2 ·
    • Flag

@July that was what our first thought was, that's why we decided before we signed anything. I would hate to see pics of an unfed photog.

• Christina17
    Dedicated September 2010
    Christina17 ·
    • Flag

My venue charges half price for the vendor meals, which is nice. But I am definitely making sure I feed my photographers and DJ (actually any vendor that is there for multiple hours). While you are paying them, they really do not take a break other than during the meal so I think they should be given a hot meal. They are working extremely hard during your day, and happy, full people always do a better job than a hungry vendor.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics