MOHQueen
Dedicated September 2013

Apologies

MOHQueen, on July 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved Save

In my previous post, I was trying to be humorously helpful.

Over the years I've seen some minor problems escalate into major blowouts because a Bride and her MOH weren't reading the same series, let alone the same book; expectations were either 1) ridiculously high and could not be met by an earnest MOH or 2) reasonably attainable but the MOH couldn't be bothered; or personalities just clashed.

I came here looking for advice because the Co-MOH, whom I have tried repeatedly to talk to, has just blown me away with how much she doesn't seem to care about the bride.

What I found instead were a lot of horror stories from brides. While making me grateful that I don't have to deal with that, I was floored by how some of these MOHs behaved.

So I do what I do best - I wrote a snarky post.

That went as well as -insert cliche about failing here-

So I apologize for anyone offended by it. Much was edited out of the original piece due to space.

To be a good MOH, you just need love.

TY

16 Comments

• MissB
    VIP May 2013
    MissB ·
    • Flag

I think if you had stated that it was snark or a joke it would have been better received

we still love you!!!!

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

I saw the post but didn't get to comment on it. Was it hidden?

I honestly liked the ideas you put out there. I saw what I think @Reenski replied, and I understood what she was saying, but then again I know what YOU (MOHQueen) have had to deal with as an MOH. Most of us would like to think that our MOH's are wonderful ladies with whom we share close ties and that they are willing and able to step up and help us celebrate this special day. For the majority of us, it is probably true. However, the exception proves the rule. And we have ALL seen the posts lately about brides venting about their crazy MOHs. Then you have seen the other side, about crazy brides. But I think you voiced your opinion well. Please don't apologize for being honest Smiley smile

• Harley_Bride102813
    Super October 2013
    Harley_Bride102813 ·
    • Flag

I didn't see the other post or have a clue what you are referring to. But have written a 'snarky' post or two, here and there and come to regret them. It takes a brave person to admit when they goofed and to openly at least attempt to make amends. So I applaud you.

Congratulations on your big day!

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

Oh, and we DO still love ya! I'd love you more if you gave me ham....

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

@harley MOHQueen is the MOH Smiley smile She's been sick of watching crappy MOHs who let down their friends and act all crazy thinking it's THEIR special day, not the bride's.... I know quite a few of the brides on here wished their MOHs were as thoughtful as MOHQueen.

• MOHQueen
    Dedicated September 2013
    MOHQueen ·
    • Flag

I'm so used to having my readers know my personality (I blog elsewhere) that it didn't even occur to me to put a disclaimer LOL

Thanks for the support ladies - and if you need a MOH, just let me know. I work for cocktail shrimp!

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

I wasn't offended, either. While there have been some crappy MOH's here, I think they are more the exception than the rule.

Carry on. (I know, I need to go to bed, dagnabit!)

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

@Tiffanny- that's awesome! We can trade off services and appetizer platters Smiley smile

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

Oh, and I think we ladies in the coolest sa-curity ham gang know your humor better Smiley smile

• Harley_Bride102813
    Super October 2013
    Harley_Bride102813 ·
    • Flag

With my FSD as my MOH and being a PITA, I may just hire ya darlin'! I'll even spring for prawns! LOL

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

Freakin double posts

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

We all need this tonight Smiley winking

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

What if I wrap them in bacon?? *ups the ante*

• About2bMrs.T
    Super October 2015
    About2bMrs.T ·
    • Flag

Look reading this made me hungry!! and All I have near are coconut cookies YUCK!! but the kids love em... I am sure there are not mine by that alone!! No matter if they happen to look like me!

• MOHQueen
    Dedicated September 2013
    MOHQueen ·
    • Flag

No wine, but I have Sprecher. It's not Lakefront, but it gets the job done - the job being tasting awesome!

Can I just state for the record that my Bride is amazing? She's been very chill, patient, and accommodating. She is very kind and loving, and deserves so much good stuff. It really upset me when she had to force Co-MOH to get her dress or else - and then she (Bride) felt bad about having to do that.

I have an arch-enemy - gasp! I know who wouldn't like me, right? - and she has the same last name as Co-MOH. Co-MOH says they're not related and she doesn't know her ... but then how did AE know about something I said *only* to Co-MOH (before when she was just "The New Church Friend") and my BFF (Who really doesn't know AE) if they don't know each other, hmmmm?

• MOHQueen
    Dedicated September 2013
    MOHQueen ·
    • Flag

Has anyone here had Chocoloate Covered bacon?

The trick is that you have to refrigerate the bacon until it is served so that the bacon stays crunchy. You don't want to serve them warm or room-temperature - it gets soggy and gross otherwise.

It's like eating a chocolate piece of awesomeness.

Comment on this discussion