ashley
Savvy September 2014

Anyone planning a Maldives honeymoon?

ashley, on April 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
Saved Save

We're finally at the honeymoon planning stage and we're between the Maldives or doing a split stay in St. Lucia at Jade Mountain and Sandals Grande. Anyone else planning on going to the Maldives? I have looked into so many resorts but I feel like the list is endless. We are likely looking to do a split stay there as well where the first couple days we would like to stay in an overwater bungalow at a romantic, secluded resort and then spend the rest of the days somewhere that has a bit more going on and offers all inclusive options. Any suggestions on resorts you booked or are looking to book?

3 Comments

• Emily
    Super August 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

FH would love love LOVE to go to the Maldives. It is his dream vacation. It is prohibitively expensive for us, though. Maybe someday down the road, but not for the honeymoon...

• Annie
    VIP March 2014
    Annie ·
    • Flag

Always have wanted to go to the Maldives. Jealous. Haha

• Rebecca
    Super July 2014
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

When we were considering doing an elopement we were looking at the st. Regis in Bora bora. The maldives was our dream location but we couldn't find any resorts with ceremony locations we liked there. Were still considering the maldieves or bora bora for a possible honeymoon location later on in the year after our wedding. Right now I can't decide if I would rather go to an island or travel around Europe.

I would take a look here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293953-Maldives-Hotels.html

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics