We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Tammy
Super May 2012

Anyone having a destination wedding? If so where? Is it all inclusive?

Tammy, on August 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM Posted in Planning 0 28
Saved Save

We're having a destination wedding in mexico, I was curious if anyone else is doing a destination wedding and where? I'd love to find someone to bounce some ideas off of.

28 Comments

• Brittany0503
    Dedicated May 2012
    Brittany0503 ·
    • Flag

We are getting married in St. Thomas. There was an all inclusive rate but we decided it wasnt worth it.

• J.S.
    Master June 2010
    J.S. ·
    • Flag

We were married in Punta Cana, but my best friend had a DW in Dreams Cancun and had a great experience.

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

St. Thomas is beautiful! I got my engagement ring in St. Thomas.

I haven't been to Punta Cana but I've heard rave reviews. We were actually looking at Dreams to have our wedding, but decided on the Palace resorts.

What type of reception are you ladies doing. I can't make up my mind if I want to do an informal outdoor reception or a more formal sit-down dinner inside. I'm thinking I would really like to do the outdoor with mariachi band, dj and buffet dinner with tables and lounge areas.

I definitely want to do a photo booth with props!

• Stephanie
    VIP October 2012
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

We are having a DW on the beach in Maui with a semi formal reception at a golf course restaurant overlooking the beach/cliff side. The ceremony will be very informal as you can not have chairs on HI beaches.

• Tori
    Dedicated April 2012
    Tori ·
    • Flag

I'm from Savannah, Georgia, but my fiance and I just moved to Michigan. So, TECHNICALLY it is a destination wedding. We found a great place that is all inclusive. In retrospect, it probably ended up costing more than if I found independent vendors myself. But honestly, the time and effort it will save me in trying to plan each specific detail from so far away is worth the difference in price to me. I like knowing that everything will be taken care of.

• mechellelovin
    Dedicated December 2011
    mechellelovin ·
    • Flag

We live in WI and after the stress....bridal party lies...people wanting to add on extra people we changed our mind to VEGAS (cheesy i know) but I cannot wait. Vegas Weddings will be doing everything for us and The Palazzo gave us a really sweet deal!!

• J
    Master November 2011
    J&R ·
    • Flag

St. Lucia. Not all inclusive, but some of our guests are staying at nearby all-inclusives. The best deal, though, seems to be a group rental of one of the gorgeous villas on VRBO.com.

• Cydney J (Cydney M)
    Master October 2011
    Cydney J (Cydney M) ·
    • Flag

The Palace Resorts in Cancun Mexico and Riviera Mexico have all-inclusive resorts and do weddings and Sandals resorts has wedding options that looked AMAZING! Sandals Resorts are all-inclusive...the weddings are 'Martha Stewart' done weddings...order a catalog...I was kind of jealous I didn't get that before I started planning my wedding.

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

My wedding is at the Cove Palace in the Riviera Mexico but we are staying at the Spa Palace. Cove is for families and the Spa is adult-only. The resorts are side by side. We figured this is best for everyone. Their wedding packages are beautiful. I chose the Emerald package. To be honest I chose the resort because of the wedding package!

• D
    Savvy June 2012
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We live in Louisiana but are getting married in Arkansas. The place that we choose to get married does everything for you.. So much less stressful

• Puffins
    Master November 2012
    Puffins ·
    • Flag

Kind of, it's a couple hours from us, and several hours for family. It's in FL. It is not all-inclusive.

• KT
    VIP October 2011
    KT ·
    • Flag

I was just sitting here telling FH I kind of wish we were doing a DW. I'm envious of those of you who are. I went to one 2 years ago and it was a blast! Happy planning!

• ashlee
    Master January 2012
    ashlee ·
    • Flag

We are having a DW in san juan. it is not a package / all inclusive though. . . long distance planning with people on 'island time' has definitely been a challenge... but we are getting there bit by bit! ;o)

• Brittany0503
    Dedicated May 2012
    Brittany0503 ·
    • Flag

Tammy we are wedding date buddies. We are doing a sit down dinner reception our venue has both and indoor area and a terrace right off the beach so the guests can be both indoors and outdoors. we are still having a more traditional reception with a DJ even though we will only have about 40 people

• C
    Expert June 2012
    C ·
    • Flag

Getting married in Italy. Not all inclusive. I am going in October to meet with florist, taste my menu, and look into photographers and entertainment. I am working with a wedding planner so it's not so bad.

• Tee'z Wife(aka Mrs. Sims)
    Expert November 2011
    Tee'z Wife(aka Mrs. Sims) ·
    • Flag

We're doing St. Thomas not all inclusive though. We have a timeshare so we are using that and we ended up finding a wedding planner to do all the rest.

• Mrs.Williams
    Expert July 2011
    Mrs.Williams ·
    • Flag

We had our wedding at Sandals Montgeo Bay and the resort is all inclusive. We had a cocktail reception . The pre-planning was a bit of a challege but once we got to the resort the wedding planners on site were great to work with. A destination wedding was the best decision we could have ever made. I have no regrets! If you have any questions just PM me.

• Veronica
    Dedicated December 2011
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

We're getting married in Costa Rica. We are going with an all-inclusive. Some of my friends are just coming to the resort the day of the wedding and paying a daily 'resort fee'. I was going to go with the resort wedding package..a lot cheaper. But I decided I would rather spend an extra few grand and get something unique that represents us a bit better. I found a wedding planner online and talked to a few brides who have worked with them and so far it has been great.

I went to a wedding in Mexico, Playa Del Carmen. It was GORGEOUS. So relaxed and beautiful...what an amazing week. There were only 10 of us. They were the reason we chose to do a DW. It will be our first out of country vaca as a couple too. SO PUMPED!!

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

We sort of did a DW. We live near DC, but at the time, none of the local jurisdictions had same-sex marriage, so we were married in Massachusetts. We didn't use an all inclusive. However, the wedding was tiny (only a dozen guests). The reception was a luncheon in the private dining room of a restaurant, with no music, dancing, special decorations, or even wedding cake. Thus, the only vendors we had to deal with in our ceremony area were marriage license bureau, court (for waiver of the waiting period), hair and make-up person, officiant, ceremony venue, photographer, florist, restaurant, and overnight accommodations.

• Julie Ann
    Super December 2011
    Julie Ann ·
    • Flag

We are doing a DW In Ocean City, MD on the beach, at sunrise! Our reception is going to be inside, at a hotel were staying at. We are having one when we ome back as well.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles