Kim
Dedicated September 2015

Anyone have pics of their overall wedding make up look, wearing false eyelashes?

Kim, on July 20, 2015 at 7:45 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save

I was thinking about buying some false eye-lashes, but I was having a hard time choosing from the ones on the wall at the store that would give a fuller but yet still natural look. I wasn't sure whether to trust the sales associate at the store (hers were wild - had red tips and went almost up to her eye brows!), who was telling me the ones I was leaning towards might not be noticeable enough.

32 Comments

• Stacy
    Expert September 2016
    Stacy ·

I'm of no help but am super curious about this!!!!

• Sheila
    Expert August 2015
    Sheila ·

False lashes are a must!!! They look amazing on, even the less dramatic ones really add to the overall look!! Also if you have an outdoor ceremony, they help keep the sun out of your eyes

I will look for a pic from my trial....

• JanelleNicole
    Expert June 2015
    JanelleNicole ·

Falsies were definitely a must for me!

• Stacy
    Expert September 2016
    Stacy ·

Janelle you look gorgeous! So do you buy the ahead of time and have your MUA apply them? Where do you get extensions??

• FutureMrsJohnson
    Super October 2015
    FutureMrsJohnson ·

@OP, Ardell makes nice, natural looking falsies. Go to Sally Beauty Supply. They range from natural to more outrageous. Your MUA or hair stylist should be able to apply them. Bring a set you are thinking about to the trial and if you don't like them, you can go without!

Actual lash extensions to look ALOT more natural, but they are pricey and require upkeep.

• OriginalLaura
    Master March 2017
    OriginalLaura ·

Janelle you look jaw-dropping gorgeous!

• JanelleNicole
    Expert June 2015
    JanelleNicole ·

Thank you @Stacy & @lolsenn!! My MUA got me these ones:

http://www.ladymoss.com/false-eyelashes/koko-lashes.html

She had me try them for the makeup trial and since I liked them, we used the same ones for the wedding day. I have to admit, I do like these ones better than the drugstore kind. They feel real! I do wear false eyelashes often though and Ardell is probably the best bang for your buck.

• Lara
    Master July 2015
    Lara ·

Here's me with falsies on my wedding day. They were $5.

• Allison
    Master May 2015
    Allison ·

I have never worn lashes so my MUA suggested she put them on so I could get used to them before the wedding because, yes, they feel different. I don't have a good picture of mine, but they really weren't much at all, just an addition to what I have already.

• Sheila
    Expert August 2015
    Sheila ·

Sorry these aren't great quality, but you can see the lashes nicely. Please don't pay any attention to the horrible lipstick, that has now been fixed

ETA: I don't know why they are sideways, sorry!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·

False lashes are a MUST!!! I have eyelash extensions for my wedding but I regularly wear false strip lashes for events. This is the exact kind I buy: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Salon-Perfect-Perfectly-Natural-Lash-Starter-Kit-110-Black-3-pc/10448343 and I love them. They are noticeable but not wild.

I'm wearing them in all 3 of these pics: (please ignore FH's super drunk face in pic 2, it was NYE lol)

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·

One more since the last one is kind of far....this one with my eyes kind of closed so you can see from the side.

• B-2-Z
    Super February 2015
    B-2-Z ·

My MUA applied individual lashes, which looked really natural and mostly just added thickness.

• M
    Super September 2015
    Mec_Happens ·

My MUA supplies lashes and I loved how they looked at my trial. One from the front and one from the side.

ETA: I don't know why they are sideways.

• Kelli
    Master September 2015
    Kelli ·

When the MUA put on the lashes at my trial it was like night and day! Totally made the look!

• Doublej079
    VIP August 2015
    Doublej079 ·

Definitely do lashes! I honestly wouldn't get the extensions - too much upkeep and they can damage your natural lashes if done incorrectly. I used Ardell for my trial but I'm switching to Mac brand for the wedding, I like the way they lay on my lash line better, they feel less weird.

ETA - sorry for the extreme close-up, but you can see the lashes better. the normal picture has my horrible sunburn and dirty hair, which distracts from the actual make-up.

• K
    Devoted August 2015
    Krystal ·

Don't mind the lipstick, I was in a hurry and the color is gross. lol These lashes are a little on the long side, just some I had here already.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·

From my trial, minus the veil

• Jillian
    Master May 2015
    Jillian ·

I had false lashes. My girls and I just had the salon we were at do them as they offered different styles and could recommend the best ones. I was just thinking about this last night about how I want to always have false eye lashes ha!

• jenna_
    Master March 2015
    jenna_ ·

Mine were individual falsies that my MUA applied morning of during my makeup application...

Comment on this discussion