Chantal
Savvy July 2020

Anyone have a wedding for less than 10k?

Chantal, on November 9, 2018 at 2:33 PM Posted in New York Planning 0 27
Saved Save
I am planning a wedding and live in NY. What did you do/doing to keep your wedding cost down? I would love the advice. Thank you.

27 Comments

• Tracey & Dr. Julian
    Devoted August 2019
    Tracey & Dr. Julian ·
    How many guest are you having. It is very possible to have a wedding for under 10k. There are halls in NY that you can rent(no food included). You can designate people to cook or you can cater.
    There is a hall called Charisma Ballroom located in Queens, the area is nice and the hall is very nice. The price is 50 to 60 person. Comes with bridal suite, food, alcohol, DJ. Everything included but the cake and centerpieces.
  • Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m looking at 100-150 guests. Thank you I’ll check this place out
  • Brittany
    Savvy April 2020
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl I am def going to look into this place
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·

Hi Chantal! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on your engagement!

Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor venue? And for both the ceremony and the reception, in the same location?

• Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I would prefer outdoor since I want a summer wedding but I don’t mind indoor
  • N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    Queens Botanical Garden is a place you can def build your own wedding around. Other nice places were Atlantis Hall, J Loft (which is a white room you can put your vision on), Royal Chateau in Queens...this is just a few. I would look on here and the Knot as well as other sites since some give better filters for searching. Check IG as well for people advertising their spots.
  • firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·

It's going to be very difficult to pull off a wedding in NYC for 100 - 150 guest for 10K. You should consider cutting your guest list down. I got married in Brooklyn, had 73 people and it cost $24K for everything except honeymoon and rings. Remember, even $50 - $60 pp is not the final cost. There's tax, service charge and gratuities as well.

• Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you again for telling me about this place. I definitely am considering them for my big day.
  • Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the recommendations I went to see Royal Chateau and they made me want to cry for lack of attention to detail they had when talking about my wedding day. They forgot I made an appointment, didn’t know why I was booking the location, and had me travel an hour in the snow to sit down at a table with an online brochure and AirPods in the gentleman’s ears I met with the entire time.
  • N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Ugh, I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I happened to want to meet during a time they were setting up someone else’s party, which I understood (I was just in the area and really wanted to go right then). The guy there was helpful and answered all questions.

I would call and ask to speak with the owner, who I believe is a woman, at a convenient time. If that is not helpful honestly I would leave a negative review so they know that’s NOT ok. I know that may seem like a lot but it unfortunately sometimes that is how they learn best. They should be ashamed!
  • Y
    Savvy March 2020
    Yachita ·
    I’m getting married at Jericho terrace in Mineola and the price for 125 is about 11k. They give you a lot for your money great food choices cake open bar bridal suite grooms suite. Just to name a few things. In the particular room I’m using they have some decor like a flower wall. This price was over my budget but the guy who did my consultation (mike) was just awesome. Which sold me on this place plus it’s beautiful.
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta ·

Hi there, there are a few less costly places I can suggest. Please keep in mind that day of the week and season does play a major key in pricing. I would highly recommend checking out Chateau La Mer, as you might be able to get under $100 p.p and it is right on the water. Also, check out Leonard's in Great Neck, I remember when we looked it was around $100 including tax etc. Some places that I know will be under $100 will be Verdi of Westbury OR Whitestone, for a wedding I would recommend Westbury as they have a very nice garden and also have a bridal suite... a friend of mine tied the knot a few years ago they upgraded every single thing on the menu and it was still only about $100 p/p I think basic menu starts around $50 or so. Lastly, check out Roma View catering or Villa Russo. Please keep us updated on your search, I would love to hear where you ended up booking and if you were able to stay in budget! Happy planning!

• Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow thank you that sounds like a great deal for everything you are getting. I am going to check them out thanks
  • Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey! I am really considering Villa Russo. I’ve checked out Villa Marcello didn’t like their customer service skills and they have a ton of bad reviews. I want to see some more places and compare prices but I am thinking of raising my budget to $15k the wedding venue, food, and open bar looks like $10k alone.
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta ·
    I believe that if you have your wedding on a Sunday villa Russo has all inclusive package which includes dj and all! I went to their bridal expo last fall and I️t was beautiful!
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
  • Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I think I saw something like that online the price quote I got for everything I wanted on a Friday was around 10k but I’m not sure if it includes open bar
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta ·
    I think I️t will include open bar, unless I️t is stated specifically that I️t isn’t. I think you would be able to get everything within your budget at Villa Russo or even Verdis
  • Chantal
    Savvy July 2020
    Chantal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a lot and it won’t include the price of my dress, getting an officiant and etc. That’s my only issue with that package.
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta ·
    Yes this is true!! I forgot about those details. Merp, I️m sorry gal. Maybe we can find something less per person

Comment on this discussion