Tina
Rockstar March 2020

Anyone else not currently live with their Fh?

Tina, on February 6, 2019 at 7:47 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 83
Saved Save

After 5.5 years of dating I am so ready to finally live in one house together and be able to spend every night together! We currently both are single parents and both live in 2 bedroom dwellings, he comes and stays with me on the nights he doesnt have his son which is 50% of the time. And Im happy we have that, but boy sometimes it makes it more difficult for the other 50%!

This summer, if the stars align and everything finally works in our favour we will be buying a house together and being one family unit.

Anyone else the same? Are you waiting til the wedding or getting together sooner?

83 Comments

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    Yes, I’m in the same boat. I prefer it this way.
  • Danielle
    Devoted April 2020
    Danielle ·
    My FH started living with me since we got together lol 5 yrs ago. Many people say that the first 5 years of marriage is hard because that's when you find out the little quirks that each of you do at your own home.
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    We aren’t living together until right after we get married he has a house already so I’ll move in with him after. We like the idea of “a big change”. We felt that if we were already living together, besides signing some paperwork, nothing really would have changed
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Lol...very true!

• Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Do you think it will be difficult once you do get married?

• Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Will he let you put your stamp on the house? At least you wont have the stress of house buying too!

• Malki
    Devoted November 2019
    Malki ·
    I moved in with FH about 6 months after we started dating, it was the perfect choice for us. We do feel like we’ve been married for years bc we’ve always shared finances and everything, but we’re still really excited for a wedding and my dad is especially happy lol
  • Nicole
    Savvy October 2019
    Nicole ·
    We are both single parents with our own houses so we are not currently living together. However after our Oct 2019 we will definitely be under one roof.
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Makes it a very smooth transition into married life then!

• Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Do you find it difficult not seeing him every day or are you used to it?

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    Living together was one of our prerequisites to see how well we could handle our finances and other compatibility. So when we get married we will have lived with each other for 3 years.

I am very excited about the idea of us buying a house not in Chicago! That's our major goal for next year! At least to move out of illinois.
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Are you going to move to New Jersey or stay in the Midwest?

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We're hoping for Chattanooga TN or Charlotte NC. My company has an office in both cities so I'm going to talk to my supervisor when we have our annual review to see if the transfer is possible. FH has a bunch of friends and a brother down in GA and I've always dreamed of living in TN! So it just seems right
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds awesome and think of the winters.....ahhhhh no more snow!

• Candace
    Dedicated October 2021
    Candace ·
    For financial benefits we are waiting to live together until sometime right before or right after the wedding. We have been together for 3 years and will be approaching 6 when we marry.
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yup! He said I can do whatever I want with the house (most likely within reason haha)
  • Brittany
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittany ·
    I don’t live with him right now. I have sort of an old school way of thinking that I didn’t want to live with someone before I married them. It’s just a thing. We have been together for 3 years and we still both live with our parents. Currently house hunting and he will move into the house we buy together before we get married and then I’ll move in after the wedding. I’m excited for the new adventure.
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

One of the reasons we are moving in before the wedding for us...merge the bills, but I understand!

• Candace
    Dedicated October 2021
    Candace ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah we both live with our parents currently, so it wouldn't make sense for us to get established separately or together until closer to the wedding. We dont want to rent.
  • Gonnabeaburch
    Super July 2019
    Gonnabeaburch ·
    I think that is so sweet and special! FH and I have been living together for over 4 years. It's us, our three daughters, and our dog. The big change for us is that if our stars align, we buy a house and he will legally adopt my eldest daughter next year!

Comment on this discussion