Megan
Expert April 2013

Any travel agents or avid travelers :)

Megan, on February 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Saved Save

Ok so Fh booked our cruise about a year ago guess he forget the wedding need to get planned to but he booked out cruise with carnival (not the ship that had problems in the coast thank god.) at first i was like really cause they didnt have any specials going to he got it at the "early saver price" now they posted on thier page that if you can find a lower price that can be verified that they will credit you the difference upto two days before you leave. So i wondering which sites give travelers the best deal when it comes to cruises. The best i have found was priceline which was about $50 each wondering if there was another that beats pricelines pricing. Thanks in advance.

*$50 credit each

14 Comments

• Over the Top♥
    Master June 2013
    Over the Top♥ ·
    • Flag

I'm an avid traveler, but have never been on a cruise. Good luck with your search and let me know how it is!

• Mrs. Pitcher
    Expert June 2013
    Mrs. Pitcher ·
    • Flag

I've got my cruise through the early bird savings. I thought it only applied to carnivals prices? I'll do some looking around and let you know what I find.

• Bad Wolf ..
    Super May 2013
    Bad Wolf .. ·
    • Flag

Www.vacationstogo.com

It is worth your time, trust me!

• Alisa S.
    VIP April 2013
    Alisa S. ·
    • Flag

Try cheapcruises.com. You might also want to check out cruisecritic.com for everything you ever wanted to know about cruising, written by avid cruisers and newbies alike.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

I was going to suggest Crusicritic.com like Alisa said. It is the WW for cruisers so to speak lol

• Krystle Straub
    February 2020
    Krystle Straub ·
    • Flag

Hi Megan,

I am a travel agent and from what I understand about Carnival if you book their "Early Saver" promotion, there are usually a ton of restrictions. Typically that is the best rate for the cruise that they promote however, they very rarely allow any changes. I would call the Cruise Line directly just to make sure that the price change is still applicable under your current rate. As far as finding a cheaper price online try discountcruises.com. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Good Luck!

• Mrswilson2012
    VIP December 2012
    Mrswilson2012 ·
    • Flag

Hello, I’m an avid traveler & frequent cruiser as well.

When booking “Early Saver” with Carnival it guarantees you the lowest price. If your room category (ie, inside, ocean view, balcony, suite,) drops to a price lower than what you paid they will credit your account with OBC (on board credit) up to 2 days before your sailing date. With Early Saver you can only price match on Carnival.com. So if you see a lower price on Priceline, Expedia that would not work. When you see a lower price there is an online form that you fill out on Carnival’s website and submit and within a week they will reply.

On our most recent cruise we booked an early saver rate and got a little over $400 in OBC a few weeks before we sailed due to a bunch of price drops for our room category. The OBC is the same as cash on your account and can be used for drinks, shopping, excursions, the spa, etc.

• Mrswilson2012
    VIP December 2012
    Mrswilson2012 ·
    • Flag

Please keep in mind when booking early saver there are restrictions, any changes have a $50 fee per person. If you cancel your cruise you are charged a $50 per person fee and Carnival will hold your deposit for up to 2 years as a credit that can be used on a future booking.

In my opinion it’s easiest to book with Carnival directly for price drop reasons. For example, if you book an early saver rate with a travel agent and you see a price drop, you cannot go online and fill out the form yourself. Your travel agent has to do it. Carnival will not accept a price drop form from you. So let’s say you see a price drop at midnight and your travel agent is closed/ not available and by the time they open in the morning the price has changed, then you missed out! If you have a travel agent who is available at all times, I see no reason to not book with them if they get some sort of commission and you want them to have credit.

Let me know if you have any more questions! Smiley smile

• 2gurls1bride
    Dedicated May 2013
    2gurls1bride ·
    • Flag

Maybe you can get a promo from them for having shotty cruise ships stranded in the Gulf of Mexico Smiley smile

Bet you they will be dropping their prices in the hopes to recover LOL

• Bride2Be
    Expert September 2013
    Bride2Be ·
    • Flag

I've cruised a lot and I usually find the best deals on Travelocity. Also, I just went on a cruise and someone told me they booked their cruise through CheapoAir.com/Cruises and got a really good deal.

• Kari  Taggard
    February 2020
    Kari Taggard ·
    • Flag

We have been on several cruises and use CruiseFish.net. You plug in your cruise, stateroom category, price etc. and it will monitor price drops for you. You will receive an email alert when the price drops. We went on a Mediterranean cruise last summer and saved over $2400 for a family of 4! It costs just $0.99 to monitor the cruise and is money well spent. I am not affiliated with the site in any way. Found it through cruisecritic.com, which you should definitely check out if you haven't yet.

Kari

• Megan
    Expert April 2013
    Megan ·
    • Flag

@ Kari that sounds great.

We already booked our cruise last spring with the early saver deal through carnival (so we already have it, we're on a newer ship so not too worried about a break down Smiley smile ) but on thier website it says if you can find a lower price on a publicised offer they will give you the difference in onboard credit up to two day before boarding. I personally wouldnt mind a few free drinks on the ship just because.

• Kari  Taggard
    February 2020
    Kari Taggard ·
    • Flag

Definitely check out CruiseFish.net since it monitors price drops up until the day you leave and will notify you. Great site for keeping track of prices once you have booked. The cruise industry does not allow discounting their fares so the prices are set. You may see lower prices by Travelocity, etc because they often will offer incentives to book with them by offering free gratuities or on board credit or other incentives. The cabin rates are set by Carnival, Princess, etc. We booked our last 2 cruises with Costco travel because they give you OBC, which basically covers a chunk of the gratuities.

Kari

• Angela T.
    Expert October 2013
    Angela T. ·
    • Flag

Thanks for the info. We are looking at carnival too

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics