P
Savvy April 2012

Any one in Seattle WA?!

Priscila, on January 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save

Wondering if there was any brides located in Seattle. Tryi g to see what's good out here?! Ideas for our crazy weather =D

9 Comments

• Julie
    Devoted May 2011
    Julie ·
    • Flag

I'm near Seattle. When we booked our wedding, that reception hall offerred out door seating for the ceremony, I said, "Yeah, right!" I don't trust it not to rain, even in May! If you need a photographer, Red Sparrow Photography is awesome and based out of Seattle.

• P
    Savvy April 2012
    Priscila ·
    • Flag

Great!! Lol I'm actually going to take the risk and have an outdoor ceremony I have this idea of having sort of like a tent but not really a tent n call me crazy but I was thinking in case of rain I'll have white umbrellas available personilrz with our initials..am I too crazy?!?

• Anonymous
    Devoted August 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

We're very near Seattle! Smiley smile We're looking at venues mostly outside of the city though -- right now on our list we have Pickering Barn, Red Barn Studios, Laurel Creek Manor, Swan's Trail Farms, and Hidden Meadows. Where are you in the planning process?

• Courtney's mom
    VIP September 2011
    Courtney's mom ·
    • Flag

In Tacoma! Go ahead and have the outdoor ceremony, but do your self a favor and have a back up plan, umbrella idea is super cute, but really won't protect anyone from the rain...is the reception outdoors too? have lots of ideas on venues and vendors, have done MANY months of research, let me know what you need help with Smiley smile

• P
    Savvy April 2012
    Priscila ·
    • Flag

We really just want a ceremony with a water background I know umbrellas probably won't do much but I'm

Thinking if it does make it faster and along as i don't get that wet I think I'll take the risk.the venue I'm looking at right now had a small garden by the water n than a reception hall. Im defenately having the reception indoor never thought about having it out door. If I did have a back up plan it would be to have the ceremony inside but having a water background aswelll ...sortof like huge widowns .. I remember I found something like this a while back but I can't find it any more =(

• Mrs Cupcake
    VIP January 2011
    Mrs Cupcake ·
    • Flag

I got married in a very small beautiful chapel in Issaquah, WA and had beautiful reception in amazing Italian restaurant Pogacha! The restaurant did a lot of work in the room I rented and wow the foods was AMAZING! They did the name cards on table and put candles on table as well. We had our first dance there. Choose wisely about foods because at every weddings I been to, the foods was so bad! Since I got my photographer from Nor Cal, I would recommend Kirsti Llyod photography, she is amazing and works in Seattle!

• Sarah
    VIP April 2011
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Federal Way, WA! Smiley smile Having indoor ceremony/reception but hoping to do some pictures outside.

• Amy
    Savvy January 2012
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I'm in Seattle. We're doing a January 2012 wedding. What do you need to know...what do you still need? I'm happy to offer any ideas, resources I've found, and if you are looking for neat ideas. One idea that I think is very resonably, espeically for out of town guest...buying bulk umbrellas in our wedding colors, never know when you might need one. We are doing indoors both church and reception.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics