K
Beginner November 2017

Any advice for the week before the wedding?

Kayla, on November 2, 2017 at 11:35 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save

I am 9 days away from the big day! Any advice? Or any must do’s or do nots?

15 Comments

• awizardwedding
    Savvy November 2017
    awizardwedding ·
    • Flag

Omg! We are so close!! I'm so nervous

• C
    Just Said Yes November 2017
    Crystal ·
    • Flag

Make lists. Everyone is going to ask you what they need to do and who is doing what. Take the time when you don't yet want to shake everyone and write out list. Bridal party itinerary day before day of... keep them on schedule with what you need. If you take sleeping pills at all bring some with you the night before...

Have someone who will run to get you things you didn't know you needed... superglue, batteries, coffee etc

Breath and try not to get frustrated with everyone. Their are people that text you the day of rehearsal dinner "where is the rehearsal dinner again" when you know you wrote it on the invitation. What time does the ceremony start I've been asked that 100 times and my guest list is 65.....

• M
    Just Said Yes October 2017
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Get lots of rest, drink lots of water. If you have the time to take off work before the wedding, definitely do it! Try to have everything done this weekend so that you can just relax and enjoy!! What do you have left on your list?

• Felita
    Dedicated November 2017
    Felita ·
    • Flag

We are almost there!!!!

• Jessi
    VIP December 2017
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

I'm so jealous of all you 11/11 wedding people!!! That's the day we got engaged and I wanted to have the wedding then but it just didn't work out at all.

Congratulations and good luck and try your best to stay a little calm, and definitely drink a lot of water!

• Jess IsZen
    Just Said Yes November 2017
    Jess IsZen ·
    • Flag

OMG it's so close and I haven't been able to sleep more than 4hrs the last three nights! I'm so nervous and my anxiety is through the roof! lol HELP ME! LOL

• Ekab
    VIP November 2017
    Ekab ·
    • Flag

Hey Date Twins!! We are so close now, I can't believe how fast the last few weeks went! Our last payment for everything was on Wednesday, and it was so freeing! We just have a few small details to clear up this weekend, and then we are good to go.

At this point though, I can't tell if I'm more excited for the wedding or the fact that i will finally be able to cut my hair after almost three years of straight growth.

What does everyone have left to get done?

• soontobeMarchi!
    Devoted November 2017
    soontobeMarchi! ·
    • Flag

Closely watching for advice because I'm two weeks out....ahh I can't believe it we're in the home stretch ladies!!!

• Kati
    Expert September 2017
    Kati ·
    • Flag

One of my biggest regrets was missing time with OOT guests because I was handling little details that didn't matter in the end anyways and it stressed me out. If I could go back I would try to handle all little details a few days before so I could totally enjoy the last couple days before our wedding.

• RustyTheDog
    Dedicated December 2017
    RustyTheDog ·
    • Flag

Don't forget to verify times and deliveries with vendors and your wedding party! A last minute check (or several, lol) is always a good idea!

• Kelly M.
    Super October 2016
    Kelly M. ·
    • Flag

Get your rest in the lead-up (and exercise, if that helps you de-stress).

Make lists - write everything down. Keep super organized. At the same time, realize that you and those around you are going to forget or screw something up on the day of.

At the end of the ceremony, take a moment to just look out at all those who love you and your FS, gathered to see you get married. Take the moment to appreciate.

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

Make a list to keep track of anything you have left to do. Also make a detailed schedule/timeline of the day and share it with any responsible family members and vendors if needed. Keep a list handy with your vendors' cell phone numbers just in case of an emergency. Gather all of the things you'll need for the whole weekend in one place. I used my parents' guest room and had an area for reahearsal dinner stuff (payment for church, marriage license, bridal party gifts, etc.), an area for all the stuff I needed for getting ready in the morning, and a bag for stuff to bring to the venue. Also be sure to put together anything you want your photographer to take detail shots of (invitation suite, jewelry, shoes, etc.), it can be hectic in the morning so I was glad I had put everything out beforehand. If you haven't yet, send your bridal party an email with all the details of the rehearsal dinner, hair/makeup start time, limo pick-up time, etc. And let them know if you are going to be providing them with breakfast/lunch/coffee while getting ready. I like knowing if I need to make a coffee run on my way over or pack some snacks if there is gonna be a long gap between breakfast and cocktail hour lol.

• C&N
    Super October 2017
    C&N ·
    • Flag

Definitely detailed lists and do as much as early as possible so that you can relax and just enjoy some time together or with family. If you're writing any cards to hand out before the ceremony (tips/thank you's, notes to groom or parents, etc.), write these at least a day or two ahead of time. I had grand plans to write a few and ended up doing my mom's and that's it because I ran out of time and it was the one thing I didn't have to do.

If you have a DOC, really trust them to confirm and handle vendors and set up. I had a hard time letting go up until the day of, then I really just wanted to be present.

• David'sBride
    Devoted October 2017
    David'sBride ·
    • Flag

Try to sleep...you probably won't. Stop stressing about small things. No one will care

• M
    VIP November 2017
    M ·
    • Flag

We finally caught up with all our vendors in prep for next week (eeekk) it's been such a weight off since then. Right now I'm anxious and a little nervous but so excited at the same time. All this week I plan on trying to relax and do as little as possible and just take time for myself and FH.

My piece of advice to you is to try and unwind, get good sleep every night and drink a ton of water.

I'm so excited for all of us November brides!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics