We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

L
Beginner July 2016

Antibacterial

Littlemeanprincess, on April 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 27
Saved Save

Ok, so disclaimer, I am a nurse and therefore a germaphobe. I am getting married at the zoo, and while there is a bathroom close, it's not close enough that people will walk to it just to wash their hands before they eat at the Buffet. I wanted to put out a few bottles of antibacterial gel at the beginning of the buffet and maybe the card/gift table or something. I'll decorate them and make them pretty with a in sickness and in health sign, so it's cute. My future husband knows I hate touching people's hands and buffets for that reason but is totally understanding of the gel idea. My MOH is repulsed by the idea, and says its unnecessary and rude. I think it's rude to use the bathroom and then use my buffet. Any input??

27 Comments

• JSmith2U
    Master March 2016
    JSmith2U ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's rude but there's no guarantee that people will use the hand sanitizer before serving themselves. Can you get servers for the buffet? That way no one is touching anything other than the plate that they are going to use.

• L
    Dedicated September 2016
    Lauryn ·
    • Flag

Being ocd and a germaphobe myself I don't really see a problem with it especially with the location. If i was having mine somewhere like that I probably would just have a bottle at the start of the buffet. I also think the "in sickeness and health" is cute because i would have never thought about that and just had the bottle.

• ChangingMyAutoGraff
    Expert May 2017
    ChangingMyAutoGraff ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's rude. I actually think it's considerate and very practical, given the venue location. I say do it! Even though you can't be sure everyone will use it, some likely will, which decreases the risk of germ transmission. (Another nurse here!! Nurses unite!)

• E+T
    Super September 2017
    E+T ·
    • Flag

If I were a guest at your wedding, I would greatly appreciate your thought at putting out hand sanitizer for people. Your MOH is wrong, what's repulsing is people's dirty hands.

• Becoming a Mrs
    Master July 2016
    Becoming a Mrs ·
    • Flag

It's sounds really practical to me. And I love hand sanitizer so if I saw it I would totally use it.

• N
    Super October 2015
    None ·
    • Flag

Wait, you think it's rude to use the bathroom and then eat at your buffet?

Did I read that properly?

I have no issue with the sanitizer at all, I would probably appreciate it. But if I am walking around the zoo grounds and touching all sorts of surfaces, I will likely want to actually soap and water my hands to rid myself of visible dirt and grime. I just thought it was odd you said it rude to use the bathroom first. Are you going to be policing me to make sure I count my 20 seconds while I wash? What an odd thing to say.

Put the bottles out, but know a lot of people (like me) like to actually wash dirt off of their hands before eating, especially if there are any finger foods. If you really are concerned about multiple hands touching food, you should have hired gloved servers.

• Brooke
    Devoted November 2017
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's rude either. I think it's a good idea and maybe not everyone will use it but I think most people will appreciate it

• Future Mrs
    Dedicated November 2016
    Future Mrs ·
    • Flag

Lol I understand completely, I'm a nurse also........DO IT!!!

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag

It doesn't guarantee people will use it, but I absolutely would appreciate it, and I would not think it's rude!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Littlemeanprincess ·
    • Flag

Thank you all, I appreciate your input!! My MOH suggested I just carry some with me, but I think it's beneficial to everyone that wants to use it. Aurelia you took my comment very literally. It was more of a sarcastic remark to my MOH comment. I won't be "policing" anyone haha. That was a bit much. I don't think everyone will use it, but even if a small number of people use it, that's a smaller chance of anyone getting sick. Reality is not everyone washes their hands, not everyone is sick, not everyone covers their mouth when they sneeze, but I'd like to help everyone have a lesser chance of colds or other things getting spread. Thank you ladies for being so helpful! I really just didn't want it to come off weird or rude.

• Hot Like Bea
    Master January 2017
    Hot Like Bea ·
    • Flag

Cancer survivor and germaphobe here- I love this idea.

• Loren
    Super July 2017
    Loren ·
    • Flag

Pump in pump out Lol. But yes, hand sanitizer is a great idea!

• -R-
    Super September 2016
    -R- ·
    • Flag

Your MOH is wrong. LOVE this idea.

• Orisha
    Dedicated July 2017
    Orisha ·
    • Flag

It's a perfect idea period

• Lorith
    Master May 2016
    Lorith ·
    • Flag

Sounds great and I would think the sign is adorable. Nothing repulsive about it.

• Kiss_the_brides
    Expert October 2016
    Kiss_the_brides ·
    • Flag

Do it, an actually I think it's really considerate! The sign would be very cute! Also love the Zoo venue!

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

Buffets freak me out for this very reason! I think it's a great idea; although, I prefer soap and water to wash away the dirt.

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Great idea!

• Yourlilfig
    VIP August 2016
    Yourlilfig ·
    • Flag

I think it's a great idea! Especially if you put cute signs up or decorate them.

• Lisa
    VIP February 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

It's not rude at all! In fact, I may do the same!

Comment on this discussion