Lady App
Savvy November 2016

Am I the only one???

Lady App, on October 23, 2015 at 2:08 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 19
Saved Save

So this video has been popping up on my news feed again where a bride goes to throw her bouquet, and then turns around to hand it to her cousin, whose boyfriend comes out and proposes. Alot of the comments were about how beautiful it was. Am I the only one who would *freak* out if someone proposed at my wedding?? I'm sorry, but I'm not spending 40k and a year of planning to share it with anyone else. All kinds of no. Ladies???

19 Comments

Expert August 2016
    3Lol ·
    • Flag

I honestly think I would be more annoyed if I were the woman getting proposed to. I'd feel like the guy didn't put any real effort into to making it special, just piggybacked off of someone else's planning for a pretty back drop.

• Lucy
    Master April 2015
    Lucy ·
    • Flag

Usually I would say it's a big no-no, but obviously the bride knew about it and was asked for permission before the guy proposed. If she had no problem with it then it's no big deal.

I agree with 3Lol, as the woman I would feel like he just took an easy way out with proposing.

• Rachel
    Dedicated July 2017
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

There was a video out a few months ago where someone took it upon themselves to use the speeches as a way to propose to their partner. Needless to say the Bride had no idea and looked very peeved.

Sorry but its mine and my future husbands day. Get your own lol.

• Kim0423
    Devoted April 2016
    Kim0423 ·
    • Flag

Normally I would say proposing at someone's wedding is 100% wrong, but in this case it doesn't bother me. Obviously the bride knew and even agreed to be a part of it. If she didn't want it happening at her wedding, I'm sure she would have said no.

• Brigit
    Master October 2015
    Brigit ·
    • Flag

Maybe if it had never been talked about with the bride and it was a surprise to even the bride and groom it would be annoying. But this video and the one a few month ago the bride and groom knew. I don't see an issue since the guys proposing had asked.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

Even if the bride & groom know about it, I think it's still wrong. It is taking the focus away from the bride & groom. If I was the person being proposed to I would be upset & embarassed by it.

• ashley
    Master November 2015
    ashley ·
    • Flag

The bride was in on it..and obviously didn't care. i think it was sweet that she would share some of her spot light with her cousin

• KD
    Super December 2015
    KD ·
    • Flag

I don't know, if the bride was totally cool with and it had some significance (like she's the LAST single gal in your group) I think it'd be kinda cute. But I'm not one of those people whom think the reception is all about me... its my time to thank my family & friends.... all my choices have been based on what they'd like the most.

• Mrs. Batog-Huffman
    Master February 2016
    Mrs. Batog-Huffman ·
    • Flag

I don't think I would mind. In my eyes, if the bride was in on it, obviously her cousin means something to her and knew it would make her happy.

• Delisa
    Master July 2016
    Delisa ·
    • Flag

I would not be okay with it at my own wedding. FH and I ask for 1 day to be truly ours, just one day. I mean I know the bride was okay with it, but as the person being proposed to I know I would've hated it. I liked how when FH proposed it was a special intimate moment without a hundred eyes on us. But hey, to each their own.

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

As long as I was close to them I would be so happy to be a part of my friends engagement

• Samantha
    VIP August 2015
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I'm with you. There is no way I would be okay with someone else getting that kind of spot light on my wedding day.

I would also be upset if I was the one getting engaged. I'd be like really you do this here where its kind of hard for me to be obnoxiously happy because its someone else s day.

• OG_MrsC
    VIP September 2016
    OG_MrsC ·
    • Flag

Im with you lol. Sorry not sorry.

• Imtheone4Him
    Master September 2015
    Imtheone4Him ·
    • Flag

I dont like it, id want something personal.

• Corinne_
    Master September 2016
    Corinne_ ·
    • Flag

I'd be annoyed by it too. I remember more than one girl here mentioning that they were approached by guys that wanted to do the same and they asked for advice how to say no without coming off as a bitch/bridezilla. I hope this girl didn't have the same feeling and just said yes.

• Reggie
    Master September 2015
    Reggie ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't like it on either side. When DH proposed to me I was very careful with how we told people. His cousin was getting married soon and I told him we either had to announce it right away (we were over a month out) or wait until after the wedding. I didn't want to be announcing my engagement right before her wedding. I know she only gets one day but I also didn't want people to still be all excited about us ON her day. So I made sure everyone knew and there was time for the buzz to die ahead of time. People still asked questions but I tried not to talk about it much. If he had asked AT their wedding I would have felt so bad about it. Like I was totally stealing her moment.

Here clearly the bride knew so that's fine. Just in that position I wouldn't have liked it.

• Samantha
    Devoted August 2016
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I would not be okay with this at all. Mind you, there is a home video of me as a four year old shouting "Look at meeee Oma look at ME!!!" When my grandma was holding my little sister at her baptism so.... Smiley tongue

• FutureMrs.Davis
    Expert March 2016
    FutureMrs.Davis ·
    • Flag

I guess that bride was really close with her cousin and wanted to share and celebrate together. If they want to do that, it's all good.

But me? HECK NAH. Heck nah at all man. My wedding day is mine. lol.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics