TooSpicy
Super November 2017

Am I missing something?

TooSpicy, on April 2, 2017 at 8:06 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save

Hi all! I feel like I'm missing something, people are posting regarding where they are in the planning process and seem to be really stressed out etc. A lot of them have weddings next year, I'm at the 8 month mark and I feel like I don't have anything to do really. Maybe I'm overlooking something? So my question is if I have these things booked

-Venue(has rentals, and DOC)

-DJ/MC

-Caterer

-Photographer

-Officiant

-STDs

-Bartenders/bar service

Have appointments for:

Florist

Dress

Cake

Dinner tasting

FW attire

BM attire

GM attire

HMU

I need to plan rehearsal dinner, some decor, favors,and invites. I have my bridal party picked too. Just want to see if I'm missing something or if there is something that maybe you forgot about and had to scramble to get done at the last minute? I guess the lack or urgency/stress is stressing me out hahaha Makes me feel like I'm behind and don't even realize it or just flat out overlooking something

7 Comments

• Andrea
    Devoted September 2017
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

I am a little bit stressed not terribly though, there is a plan and my mother is the organizing planning party person...

• Baletica
    Master June 2017
    Baletica ·
    • Flag

I'm POSITIVE that I'm going to forget something but the ww checklist has been keeping me in line. For me it's not the vendors that's stressing me out, it's the variables like the cousin trying to bring 4 children to an all adult event. Also, my FW JUST found her shirt. Today. With 83 days left or the fact that I live in Chicago and am finding it impossible to find a salon that works with natural hair that I like. It seems to be going for you and that's awesome lol

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

Do you need a hotel block or accommodations for any out of town guests? What about transportation for you, your wedding party and/or guests?

• TooSpicy
    Super November 2017
    TooSpicy ·
    • Flag

@Baletica Oh my!!! lol I think when I get to the invitations part I will definitely be having some of those aunts and cousins trying to bring their 10 kids to the event. Not looking forward to that part at all. JEEZE, 83 days and FW just found her shirt, I can see mine waiting til the last possible minute or changing her mind multiple times hahahaah. I guess I should enjoy the peace and quiet now while I can hahaha. Good luck with the Salon, how stressful. Can you look a little outside the city maybe someone will travel in for the wedding to do hair for you?

• TooSpicy
    Super November 2017
    TooSpicy ·
    • Flag

@andrea- That's awesome you have some help! Enjoy it :-D

• TooSpicy
    Super November 2017
    TooSpicy ·
    • Flag

@Earias- Yes!!!! I need to do hotel blocks since FW family is from Massachusetts, Thank you!!!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

You're welcome! I just made arrangements for my guests and I'm a month after you so I figured you might need to as well.

Comment on this discussion