Kara
Expert May 2019

Almost Time!

Kara, on March 26, 2019 at 11:57 AM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

Mailed out invitations last week and already got 5 back, all yes so far! Smiley smile Also, my fiance and I were planning on taking a honeymoon in the fall - but after talking with him about it, he said he wanted to take one right after so it actually felt like a honeymoon and not just a vacation. So we are looking and will be booking our honeymoon cabin by this weekend! We are planning to stay near Gatlinburg, TN. I found a BEAUTIFUL big cabin with a gorgeous view. I am so excited. Waiting on a few things I ordered to get delivered and still need to get the tux fittings done (the tux situation has been a pain in the...) and then next Friday is my first dress fitting and then April 13th we go for our tasting at the venue! I also just booked a new hair and makeup artist. I met my old one and booked her when she did my trial. She was super sweet, did an amazing job.. but then here we are 2 months before the wedding and I'm trying to confirm a time with her to start getting ready and she tells me she has another event that day so she's sorting out her schedule so the start time would PROBABLY be 2 pm.. MY CEREMONY STARTS AT 4:30pm. So I kept trying to follow up with her and she would read my text, not respond. So I finally texted her and told her that 2pm is too late and told her the time I need her at the venue and if she can't do it then I will need my deposit back and I will find someone else. She of course ignored me.. and I don't have a contact unfortunately. But I already found another person who I spoke to months ago and she did my friend's makeup so I got all that sorted out. Just ready for the day to get here and be married and enjoy our honeymoon!

16 Comments

• A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    • Flag

So exciting it's all coming together. I'm glad you found another HMUA. I would not be okay with her having another event that day. What if she is running late? I think you made the right choice. Also, congrats on the honeymoon decision!

• Danielle
    Savvy May 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations on all of this! I’m sorry about the HMUA situation though, she should’ve known better than to do that. Overall it sounds like you’ve been very busy!
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    • Flag

WOW so she basically backed out on you, made it seem like it was you and then kept your deposit. THIS is why people are leary in dealing with people..smh...Well great that you found someone else and that there is a happy ending in your situation

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It is CRAZY! Like she has always sucked at responding, but I just let it go. But it started to be crunch time for the wedding, I needed things confirmed. So I text her a few weeks ago confirming a start time so I can also let my photographer know and she then tells me she has another event that day and is figuring out her schedule but probably 2pm she could start. I thought about it and told her like.. no that is not going to work my ceremony is at 4:30pm (which I told her prior to her text message). She says she will get back to me when she knows 100%. Of course she never did. And I kept having to text her. She even put up an Instagram video which was for sure directed at me and how annoying it is when people keep texting and that she's busy and has 3 jobs and can't always respond and if she says "yes I'll be there" then I'll be there. I let it go, but like cool.. I get if you're busy. But I booked you and if I ask you a question, acknowledge it. But finally I texted her last week and told her what time I needed her there and if she can't do it then I need my deposit back so I can book someone else. She left me on read. Like.. how unprofessional can you be? It blows my mind. I am glad I was able to stop stressing about her though and find someone new who is reliable and doesn't ignore me. My sister and mom should I should write a bad review about her on here, but I'm not that kind of person and hate confrontation but I think it's so messed up what she did.

Sorry for the book, needed to vent lol!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah like when I had my trial with her and booked her, she knew my date. She didn't say anything about another event. Then 2 months before my wedding she mentions this and tells me she probably won't start hair and makeup til 2pm and my ceremony is at 4:30pm. Then ignores me when I tell her when I need her. It's frustrating but I am so glad I found someone else.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    • Flag

O no, I would definitely warn people about her. I just had to write a 2page letter to my venue about their coordinator. She hasnt responded to an email that I sent her a month ago and my SIL is having my niece's Quince at the same venue and she's not responding to her either. So we basically let them have it and told them how we have yet to do our reviews of their establishment. Not only did the GM call us but we now have a new coordinator for our events. We are both 40 and 50 days out for our events. Anytime you put money towards something there is an expectations towards a certain level of service that should be obtained. This lady dropped the ball and whose to say that you are not the first person that she has done this too!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is true. And she's very well known around the Charlotte, NC area. She is also a cheerleader for the basketball team here along with being a hair and makeup artist. That is not how you should act when being booked for a wedding. Just glad I'm done dealing with the stress of her not responding and wondering if my hair and makeup will even be done on time.

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    • Flag

She probably booked something paying more money-people are just rude

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry about the hiccup, but your day is nearly here and all this stress will totally have paid off! You have some super fun stuff coming up, fittings, tastings... which are you most excited for?

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm excited for my fitting because I love putting my dress on. As fun as some of the wedding planning has been, I am ready for it to be over lol.

• A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You should post a review so others know what to expect.

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I just put one up on Wedding Wire. I definitely don't want anyone else dealing with what I did.

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag

In my post I meant contract*, not contact.

• Nicole
    Super September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Definitely made the right choice with HMUA. Everything will work out Smiley smile so exciting about the honeymoon. Enjoy!

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I took a sneaky peak through your photos and I can see why you love putting on your dress so much, it's stunning!

BTW, you and I are nearly ring twins Smiley heart

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics