Soon2BMrsCecil
Expert August 2015

All-inclusive honeymoon ideas!

Soon2BMrsCecil, on October 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 24
Saved Save

FH and I know we definitely want an all-inclusive honeymoon but there seem to be soo many to choose from, it's a little overwhelming! Any suggestions of resorts...also any you recommend we stay away from? Thanks all!

24 Comments

• Mrs. V V
    Master June 2014
    Mrs. V V ·
    • Flag

FH and I went to Mazatlan and stayed at Riu. It was my first trip and it was really nice. I was a lil freaked out to be in that part of Mexico (you hear horror stories), but that hotel was wonderful and we never had to leave. Totally recommend.

• Soon2BMrsCecil
    Expert August 2015
    Soon2BMrsCecil ·
    • Flag

Future M...FH has said some places in Jamaica and Mexico aren't necessarily the safest but goodness they're gorgeous. I personally don't care where it is as long as its on the beach with EVERYTHING included. Thanks!

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

I agree with your FH. We're doing Sandals, Montego Bay. We won't be leaving the resort. We wanted an all-inclusive but Adult Only.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

We went to the El Dorado Casistas Royale in Mexico, it was amazing and I would recommend it absolutely. If you are feeling overwhelmed (I was!) I would recommend using a travel agent, they are free (well at least most are) and they can help find some suggestions based around your price range and wants in a resort! We are super glad we did!

• Alyssa
    Expert February 2014
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

We're doing Sandals St Lucia I wanted adults only. Now we can go to all three resorts

• JennaPie
    Super March 2014
    JennaPie ·
    • Flag

We used a travel agent. No cost to us, we just told her our budget what we wanted and she sent us a bunch if options. We narrowed them down to a free and she came back with pricing. We ended up choosing Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico near Cancun.

• MrsMartin101213
    Super October 2013
    MrsMartin101213 ·
    • Flag

We did Sandals in Negril, Jamaica.. definitely recommended!

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·
    • Flag

We're doing a DW at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya in Mexico. It's of course, partly our honeymoon.

• Soon2BMrsCecil
    Expert August 2015
    Soon2BMrsCecil ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies!! This will help us a lot. And I never even thought about a travel planner!

• Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.)
    Master August 2012
    Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.) ·
    • Flag

I would also recommend a travel agent. Here in Canada we went through CAA (Canadian Automotive Association) since we are a member and it didn't cost us anything. If you are a member of AAA then I would recommend going to them.

Before going though, ask yourself a few questions: where do you want to go (Caribbean, Mexico, etc)? When do you want to go? What are you wanting to do? Are you activities people or more lay on the beach or by the pool people? Do you want an 18 resort or something with possibly families? Do you have a price range in

what you want to spend?

DH and I went to the Golden Paradise Club in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It's an 18+ resort, but has a sister family resort next door that allows you to use all their facilities.

We felt very safe there and even ventured outside of the resort a few times-to get to our activites, to go on a city tour and to walk to a local shopping centre.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

We went through a travel agent as well and it didn't cost anything but took off the pressure of "shopping" and comparing. We told her what we wanted and she got back to me with some names, I visited their websites and looked at reviews and we finally chose Secrets Maroma Beach in CanCun. IT WAS THE BEST VACATION EITHER OF US HAS EVER BEEN ON!! We felt it was exactly what a honeymoon should be like. I highly recommend it.

• M
    Devoted September 2014
    MB ·
    • Flag

We went to a travel agent locally and told her what we wanted to spend roughly. We got an all inclusive, flight there and back, and 7 nights in Punta Cana at Now Liramar for September 2014 for $2800. Would have liked an adult only but it would have been an additional 1000 dollars and since we are going at the beginning of September most kids will probably be back to school so we won't have too many little ones running around was our thought. Hope this hels!

• Jess08
    Super July 2013
    Jess08 ·
    • Flag

We went to Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and we had a great time!

• Soon2BMrsCecil
    Expert August 2015
    Soon2BMrsCecil ·
    • Flag

Thanks so much ladies!

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

We went to Excellence Riviera Maya in Mexico earlier this year. It was an adults-only all inclusive and they seemed to make a big fuss over honeymooners. I loved the resort and the service! It was the best food I've ever had at an all inclusive and you could go to any of the special restaurants (7 I think) on the resort any night (some resorts limit you only certain nights for the special restaurants and make you go to the banquet other nights). I believe they have a location in DR too if you'd rather a different place.

• Paris
    Devoted October 2014
    Paris ·
    • Flag

Iberostar grand in montego bay Jamaica it was amazing we stayed 7 days about 2 weeks ago!

• WeddingDestinationItaly
    Master May 2014
    WeddingDestinationItaly ·
    • Flag

Dominican Republic. Very affordable and nice...make sure you read reviews. They have very high end and then the ones that are not so much.

• WeddingDestinationItaly
    Master May 2014
    WeddingDestinationItaly ·
    • Flag

I love cruises... its an idea. You can travel everywhere, be safe, and not worry about thing but to have fun.

• Kristie & Bryce
    Super April 2014
    Kristie & Bryce ·
    • Flag

I'm going to do all inclusive too. Don't want to worry about having cash for everything. I think we are going to stay at the Weston in Guanacarte, Costa Rica. The reviews I read online were amazing. Unless I find a better from now until June. The plans could change

• Katie
    VIP May 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Sandals St Lucia!! I cannot wait!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics