FutureMrsTurcios
Super December 2016

All Europe Honeymooners- Europeandestinations.com

FutureMrsTurcios, on August 22, 2016 at 5:09 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Saved Save

FH and I have always talked about traveling to Europe (Rome, Venice and Paris mainly) and figured what better than for our honeymoon.

Last night I saw a post about taking a honeymoon in Europe and recommendations but lost it before I could comment -_-

For those who have spent their honeymoon in Europe or plan to -

Has anyone used www.europeandestinations.com to book their honeymoon? Overall they seem to have some pretty incredible packages including round trip airfare, hotels, and transportation by either plane or train between cities, with lots of options for customization. FH thinks it's too good to be true, and unfortunately most of the reviews I find on it are from years ago including past forums on WW. So i was hoping I could get some type of feedback on them or recommendations for a budget friendly way to book a honeymoon in Europe.

8 Comments

• MrsMcCoy
    VIP April 2016
    MrsMcCoy ·

I didn't use them, but I have booked trips with Great Value Vacations. We went to Ireland last year and it was a great deal and we had no issues! I would highly recommend them.

www.greatvaluevacations.com

• Amanda
    Expert August 2017
    Amanda ·

I haven't used it before but I have looked at trips on there before. I think your best (and cheapest) bet is to use that as a guideline and then book the hotels and flights or train tickets yourself. If you book a flight on Ryanair you can get extremely cheap tickets. Keep in mind it is a budget airline but I think the price outweighs the inconveniences of it being a budget airline.

• onawho
    VIP August 2015
    onawho ·

I have been to the EU several times and I have never used a service. I read reviews, stay slightly off the beaten path for better rates and to my best to blend in like a local while enjoying being a tourist.

just remember, when you book through a company, you could be undercutting yourself, they need to get paid too.

I use AirBnB a lot. We are staying in a cottage for 100 euros a night in the swiss alps with a kitchen so we can cook our food and save cash that way.

BUT I will say, I am booking a Viking River cruise for my dad in two years. but only because he is a horrible traveler when he has to move from place to place. I figured a river cruise would be less stressful to see more sites. I have not problem bouncing from place to place via trains and Ryan Air.

• onawho
    VIP August 2015
    onawho ·

ETA Ryan Air is great, they are little out of the way regional airports and they have a limit on how much weight you can carry. I did not learn this until I was in line in Venice flying to Sweden. that was a tough and expensive lesson.

• Elizabeth
    VIP September 2016
    Elizabeth ·

We're not going on a honeymoon immediately, but decided to take a kickass Europe trip in 2018. We're going to AirBnB most nights and travel by train. Lots of money saved that way and you can blend in more. I always hate looking like a tourist haha

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·

Multiple of our friends and family members have been to Europe in the last year or so. They all used air b&b the whole way - they said it was a much more authentic experience, plus so much cheaper than hotels!

I highly recommend getting a travel rewards credit card to help with the flights. We would love to get to Italy next summer so we recently got the Chase sapphire card at the urging of our friends. Our friends used their Chase rewards to completely cover their flights to Europe! Plus, when you book the flights using the rewards you save 20% - so their $1,000 flights became $800 flights and were completely covered by points. Right now, Chase sapphire is running a special where new card members earn 50,000 points if you spend $4,000 in 3 months. You get an additional 5,000 points for adding an authorized user. then, you get 1 pt. for every $1 spent and 2x the points on dining and travel. There is a $95 annual fee but it's worth it for the points for sure. We opened one card in DH's name, made me an authorized user, and we're putting all our expenses on that for the next couple months so we hit the $4,000 mark. Then I will open a card in my name, make DH the authorized user, and do the same thing. We'll cancel one of them after the trip so we don't have to continue to pay the annual fee. If you have good credit and can hit the minimum spend requirement to get the points, that's definitely the way to go! There are lots of travel rewards cards out there though so do a little bit of research and find the best one for you guys.

• onawho
    VIP August 2015
    onawho ·

We are using SPG AM/EX with Lufthansa . We scored business class to Frankfurt Germany from fl and then first class back! All with points. It has taken 2 years, but we did it!

• Ali
    Master June 2017
    Ali ·

I lived in Europe for years and have traveled there numerous times and have never heard of that service. We are doing a river cruise through Europe for our honeymoon and found great deals on our own.

Comment on this discussion