We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

bridetobe27
Dedicated July 2015

Affordable swimwear

bridetobe27, on March 16, 2015 at 6:57 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 25
Saved Save

I'm not familiar with swimwear (don't really go swimming due to religious restrictions) but i'm looking for cute pieces to wear at the honeymoon. Don't want to break the bank...any ideas?

I can only come up with VS and that's like too expensive for a swimsuit that I'm wearing for 5 days tops.

Also, if I'm going for 5 days...are 2 suits enough?

25 Comments

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

H&M

• Mia
    Devoted September 2015
    Mia ·
    • Flag

I purchased off the website venus.com, the prices and quality were good, just make sure you measure well

• Rebekah
    Devoted April 2015
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag

You might want to even just try Target. They have really nice bathing suits at an afordable price.

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·
    • Flag

Venus.com

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2021
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Swimsuits for all seems decent a lot of the time. I'm super aware of whether or not suits are supportive ever since the girls got bigger, which is apparently normal in my family in early/mid 20's and nobody told me until it happened lol. I haven't purchased from them though, I'm a bit paranoid now and want to try swimsuits on. I agree about target, I like target though

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

Target is great, i actually found a couple at Sears last time i went to Cancun. 2 should be enough but it depends where you are going, if the humidity is high it takes some time to dry your bathing suits.

• Katherine
    Super May 2015
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

Like others said target and also jcpenney (plus jcpenney always has online coupons).

• bridetobe27
    Dedicated July 2015
    bridetobe27 ·
    • Flag

@future mrs.jkr - THAT'S exactly my problem. I'll check that site out.

@Future Mrs. B - hmm okay, I'll check out sear's!

Thanks girls! Smiley smile

• Mrs. Willis
    Dedicated July 2015
    Mrs. Willis ·
    • Flag

I got mine from Wal-mart, but looking at their selection now, it's a lot smaller than it was when I found mine (cute white swimsuit with gold designs).

Usually I get mine from Target though. Hope you find a really cute one!

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2021
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

@Bridetobe27--I've seen a lot of good reviews on that site, and a lot of the suits look very cute. I'm glad we're not going tropical for our honeymoon because my current suit is okay for occasional casual pool or jacuzzi, but I would not want to be wearing it all day on the beach! Such a hassel!

• Jennifer
    Devoted May 2014
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Asos.com all the way. They have tons to choose from and generally there are a lot in the sale section. They carry a lot of other brands but the Asos brand ones tend to be cheap, cute and are sized like bra sizes so the fit is easy. They have a good DD and up selection too.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I second www.venus.com

Clothes are adorable and well priced!

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

I swear by Target swim suits! Cute suits and not expensive.

• Kathryn
    Master September 2015
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I love aerie's swimsuits, when on sale they are cheap, I got both pieces for $25 on sale last year.

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·
    • Flag

Try amazon that's where I got mine

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·
    • Flag

Some of these have already been said, but: H&M, Target, Old Navy.

I also like Express. They're a wee bit more than those other 3, but I really like the ruching in the butt. Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it (maybe puckering?). I have a smaller butt, so I look for suits that can make it look a little more plump.

• bridetobe27
    Dedicated July 2015
    bridetobe27 ·
    • Flag

I checked out Venus.com but those suits in the pics look...dated. Maybe it's the model they're using or the layout...those of you that ordered, there wasn't a problem?

How does fitting work? Is it like a bra / undie size or are swimsuits sized differently?

I checked and surprisingly forever 21 seems to have some cute stuff--anyone ordered from them?

• B
    Super August 2015
    Buttons125 ·
    • Flag

I agree Asos has reasonable priced and cute swimsuits.

• Kristin
    Expert August 2015
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Try target! and yes two suits are fine for two days.

• sandpiper
    Super March 2016
    sandpiper ·
    • Flag

VS is too expensive at full price, but keep an eye out for clearance sales (unfortunately you missed the big January one). What I've done in the past is buy like 3 different bottoms and 6 different tops in a color I like, try them all on at home, then keep the one of each I like and send the rest back.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles