We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Ella Marie
Devoted May 2019

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos!

Ella Marie, on May 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 21
Saved Save
Idk, maybe im just being too hard but Im so disspapinted! I think I just expected more! I had numerous contact with our photog the months leading up to them, I sent her pictures of what I liked and idk..im just not happy with them.
For starters, the link with the session had a tom of repeat photos, of the same picture. Im guessing like 2/3 per picture, the photog didnt do any black and white or play around with the lighting. Its not his fault but my fiance squinted in a ton of them 馃ぃ...I counted there were 206 pictures all togther in the gallery, but like I said many were copies and repeats. Heres a ***few*** of the decent ones...

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 1

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 2

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 3

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 4

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 5

Absolutely hate our Engagement Photos! 6

21 Comments

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18
    • Flag

I think you have some really good ones here. I have to admit I was hoping for a TON of great pictures but we had some that I was like "what the heck was this supposed to be?". LOL If you're really unhappy you should speak to the photographer. We have been engaged since August and have used maybe....3 of our E pics total for public consumption. It ended up not being as important as it seemed in the beginning to us. It mostly gave us a chance to get to know our photographer who we love BTW.

• Cindy
    Savvy September 2019
    Cindy
    • Flag

I definitely like the last two photos. and you had some great fun one's in there, I haven't had my engagement pictures done yet and I am so picky when it comes to how I look in photos that honestly I am scared I won't like mine either. Sometimes it is just in our heads.

• Chelsealeigh218
    Super October 2018
    Chelsealeigh218
    • Flag
    I think these are great! If you want some black & white just ask your photog, that's a simple fix. As far as the multiples, that's normal. Think about this.... if you did 30 different poses (random number for example) you don't want just 1 picture of each pose. You want several of each pose to get the absolute best print. It's giving you options to pick what you think is best.
  • A
    Devoted July 2019
    Ally
    • Flag
    The pi tyres of you two are nice but the picture quality is not good. Images shoukd be crisp. If you paid for these, I would demand a retake or a refund. If a friend did it, kindly ask If they would take a few new ones for you. Focus is off.
  • Future mrs.whitman
    Devoted October 2018
    Future mrs.whitman
    • Flag
    I think you have some great ones here. Like said before i would talk with the photographer see if some can be retaken or could tinker with them.
  • A
    Devoted July 2019
    Ally
    • Flag
    Sorry for the typo lol I'm on my phone
  • Sarah
    Devoted June 2018
    Sarah
    • Flag

The ideas behind these pics are good, but they're a bit out of focus, so with that alone I can understand your frustration. I would talk to the photographer and be candid about that. Whether or not you did the same poses or your FH squinted, the pictures should at LEAST be clear and crisp.

• Amanda
    Savvy March 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag

From an outsider, I think your pictures look good.

However you are the bride, and if you had conversation about the expectations of the pictures I would see if you could do a re-take.

• T
    Expert September 2018
    Tia_Fred
    • Flag
    I really like the last 2 pics they are very nice
  • T
    Expert September 2018
    Tia_Fred
    • Flag
    Also if u dont like them then I would ask for a redund or a retake of the photos
  • Kendra
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kendra
    • Flag
    I think they are cute. You're going to have a lot of the same pictures because the previews you get are before you pick which ones to edit. Duplicates are there to ensure the photographer got the perfect shot in case something was amiss. I've done several modeling shoots the last few years and it has always been that way.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany
    • Flag

I think there are definitely a few really good ones there! But you should be happy with the pictures, and if you're not, I'd speak up about your concerns. I see what others mean about the focus of the pictures.

But someone else brought out a really good point - you're really only going to use a few, not all 200 of them. If you hate them all definitely ask if you can do another short shoot. The worst your photographer can say is no (you can always find someone else who will do just an engagement session for you).

• FutureMrs.L
    Master September 2018
    FutureMrs.L
    • Flag

They seem out of focus to me. There's potential there for great photos.

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes
    • Flag

I think some of them look really nice and beautiful. A few do seem out of focus to me but that could be from uploading them to WW. Have you already booked this photographer for your wedding? Sorry if you already answered in a previous post.

• Nicole
    Savvy April 2018
    Nicole
    • Flag

The good news is that the engagement session is often a trial for the big day (assuming, since many people use the same person for both these day), and you have time to hire someone else to do your actual wedding now that you've discovered you don't like the photographer's style!

• Ella Marie
    Devoted May 2019
    Ella Marie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No. We鈥檙e getting married in Myrtle and we have a local photographer there that we鈥檝e actually used before for family photos before who we love! So I鈥檓 not worried about those.. lol! Thank goodness!

• PrincessLawrence
    VIP June 2018
    PrincessLawrence
    • Flag

As I am a photographer (not a wedding one) I do think you have some great ones here and many similar ones can happen. I personally say okay I will give you 15 and I try to make it 15 different poses but hard with 205 of them. You to look wonderful and I love the one with your dog!

• S
    Super May 2020
    Shari
    • Flag

Which photographer?!?!? We're getting married in Myrtle Beach, too, and I'm really on the fence about photographers!

• Morgan
    Devoted June 2018
    Morgan
    • Flag

I kind of had the same thought when I got mine back. I was expecting a bunch of magazine covers or something haha. These are nice pictures, but a couple do look fuzzy. Not sure if it's a screen shot of the photo or something.

• I
    Dedicated June 2019
    intheforest
    • Flag

Hmm, I like the one with your dog. The pictures have potential , but they do not seem really crisp. Also the spin and the dip pictures are a bit weird because your faces are hidden. I would ask for a retake, but they are not really bad.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles