K
Beginner October 2018

9 days until my wedding... anixety kicking in.

katie, on September 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
9 DAYS LEFT! im so nervous, i cant sleep, i dont eat much, all im doing is worrying about everything.

what if we set up and i dont have something.. what if the photographer doesnt show up...

someone please help me im on the verge of a breakdown.

5 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha
    Of course you鈥檙e anxious.

That鈥檚 normal!

You just have to try to relax.

Read a book 馃摎 take a hot bath 馃泙 or meditate.

What calms you / makes you happy?
  • Cindy
    Super October 2018
    Cindy
    Ah I鈥檓 11 days away and trying not to think about every little thing and what could go wrong!!! Try to stay as positive as possible! Everything will be perfect!!
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca

Hi there, katie

I'm so sorry to hear that your nerves are causing you to not eat or sleep!! It's absolutely normal to feel stressed the closer you get to the wedding! I know a lot of our community members feel this way too!

It might make you feel better to check in with your vendors and just confirm all the details. That way you can be sure that you're all on the same page and everything will run smoothly! I also recommend making a list of everything you need to bring to the wedding, who is bringing it, and when! I find that lists and organization always make me feel better!!

As Kenisha suggested, are you able to read a book or take a bath before bed?! Those are two things that I find relax me right before bed!!

• ArwenToHisAragorn
    Expert October 2018
    ArwenToHisAragorn

Hi date twin!!! I know exactly how you feel! We have our final meeting with our venue tonight to drop off our last payment, thank you dinner for the bridal party this weekend...it's really down to the wire.

It's 200% normal to feel anxious and stressed, this is a huge day you've been planning and now it's like everything we've planned is out of our control, right? Here's what I've been trying to tell myself when I start to panic: if at the end of the day, I'm legally married and the food was good, we did it right.

We can't control everything that will happen, but we CAN control how we react. Like everyone said, read a book, take a bath, my personal favorite is going to the gym and using all that anxious energy lol. Talk to FS and see if there's anything you two can do together just the two of you, no wedding talk. That's helped us a lot.

• Mrs.BRound
    Devoted September 2018
    Mrs.BRound
    You will be just fine...i promise!! Our wedding was this last weekend & I was the exact same way all the way up to the wedding day! But honestly, I regret stressing so much. Everything works out the way it鈥檚 supposed to be & your support will be there every step of the way to help. If you don鈥檛 have something, you won鈥檛 even notice it & neither will your guests, those are just small details. We forgot our cake cutting set & we just improvised...no one noticed. Just relax because either way you will be married to the love of your life & that is so exciting. Enjoy these last few days because after you will want to go back & relive those moments! As for the vendors not showing up, check in with them a few days before the wedding. That way you don鈥檛 have to worry about them & a reminder is always good.

Comment on this discussion