Felicia
Dedicated September 2021

8 weeks out and feeling overwhelmed and kind of sad?

Felicia, on July 24, 2021 at 12:37 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 1 4
Saved
I have heard of post wedding blues, and pre-Wedding jitters but I have never heard of feeling overwhelmed and kind of sad that the engagement season is almost over.

I’m 8 weeks out, and feeling sad that this period in my life is coming to an end. I wish I could have and would have enjoyed it more. We got engaged in September 2020 and hit the ground running with planning. Now, having just dropped off invites in the I had an “oh crude moment. This is the end of the beginning”
Is anyone else in this same boat, or has been in this boat that could give me some bridely advice?
I love may fiance and I can’t wait to marry my best friend, but as someone who has always suffered from some moderate anxiety and random bouts of sadness (I don’t want to say depression because I’ve never been diagnosed), I feel it’s hitting me hard now. I think it’s the change coming up, and While i am ready for it, I just can’t get over the fact that I hate change

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kristin, on July 27, 2021 at 4:08 PM
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I think the biggest problem at the 8 week mark is that you kind of hit a pause in planning. Most of the stuff has already been done and the stuff that hasn't been done yet cannot happen until much closer to the wedding itself (within the final 3-4 weeks). So you basically have a month of just... waiting. It feels kind of like nothing land, especially after all the work of wedding planning and the hype leading up to your wedding day.

I can say that as much as I enjoyed wedding planning (pre-Covid, after Covid it was absolutely awful) there was definitely some peace in finally having the day come and go. My mental health is not always where I'd like it to be, and I definitely struggled with the transition to "now what?" I'm still trying to learn to just enjoy being where we and take one day at a time instead of constantly anticipating the next big thing around the corner and feeling like I always need to be working towards some objective.

I'm sorry you feel like you are in a bit of a slump, but you won't be in this weird space very long. It's totally normal to feel how you are feeling right now. I think the best thing to do is make space for things that bring you joy - wedding related or not. This too shall pass. Hang in there!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry you're in a slump right now Felicia, and I'd try to take the time for some self-care!! ❤️

I definitely felt like things got crazy busy again the last 3-4 weeks before the wedding, and I'd try to focus on the fact that your wedding will mean the best change - being married!

Here are some additional resources you can check out that might be helpful:

Planning a Wedding with Anxiety: How to Manage It All

5 Extreme Ways to Relieve Extreme Wedding Anxiety

6 Ways to Check in on Your Partner's Mental Health

Ways to Reduce Wedding-Planning Stress Featuring Headspace

• Kristin
    Just Said Yes January 2022
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    I understand completely. Change is scary and with the added stress of covid… it feels like our exciting engagement season was kind of tainted. I would take it one day at a time and try journaling. Be patient with yourself and acknowledge your feelings. Realize you’re nervous or sad and it’s ok. Your feelings aren’t wrong or unjustified they are just your feelings. Don’t share with people who aren’t supportive. Surround yourself with your support system and ask for help when you need it. 🥰 hope you feel better soon and congratulations
  • Kristin
    Just Said Yes January 2022
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love this answer 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics