Meagan
Dedicated May 2019

6 months = stress

Meagan, on December 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM Posted in Community Conversations
So im just under 6 months and im starting tk stress. I feel like I have nothing to do yet everything to do! I am having a hard time not knowing our final number because I can buy favors or book transportation....even o don't know how many centerpieces I need. Its driving me a little crazy! Does anyone else feel like this? Does anyone have any suggestions to figure stuff out without a final number?
Share:

29 Comments

• Chandra
    Rockstar May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    Girl...right there with you. We're almost 5months out and its rough. We have 110 guests on our list so we planned for ~10 tables (they seat 10 each) and some extra decor for the gift/favor table and sweetheart table. Will we end up needing all 10 tables? I highly doubt it. Its basically a destination wedding. But I got a good deal on everything so a couple extra wont kill me.
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated June 2019
    Stephanie ·
    Nope, right there with you! Wedding date 6/1/19.
  • Nicole
    Dedicated January 2019
    Nicole ·
    You really need a fibal number or at least a good idea to what that number will be... You don’t want to over or under purchase
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    Thats basicly what im thinking too....if I end up with extra I can use the stuff somewhere else.... haha I'll put a centerpiece in the freaking bathroom if I have to lol
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Mines the day before you! 5/31 😁😁😁
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea I don't think I'll under purchase.. but i don't want to purchase stuff and end up with like 50 extra favors! However I'm doing photo frames for our photo booth...so I suppose some people could just get an extra frame.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    I totally get that, I’m just under 6 months too! Is there a reason you can’t wait to get your centerpieces when the RSVPs start coming in?
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    I am painting and and kinda buidling pieces of them so I want to get alot of that out of the way.... just trying ro allieveiate doing so much right at the end
  • Emily
    Dedicated May 2019
    Emily ·
    Totally right there with you! May 30th! Like i feel like i should be doing something but then i feel like it’s too early to keep doing things. I have all these ideas but they don’t necessarily need to be done right this instant but i want them to!
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    Exactly how I'm feeling! I'm the day after you! May 31st. I know stuff doesn't need to be done now and maybe can't or shouldn't be done now but I don't want to jam it all in at the ende either!
  • Chandra
    Rockstar May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    I was just thinking....could you do like half the favors now and wait until closer to figure out how many more you will need?
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    I might do something like that
  •  Halle
    Savvy December 2019
    Halle ·
    Although my wedding is a year away I always thought about this as well !! Like how can I save my money and have the budget wedding when I don’t know how many People to actually expect . My post is not helpful lol but I did want to say you guys are a REALLY cute couple 🤗🤗😍😍
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh you're so sweet. Thank you!
  • Marieke
    Dedicated June 2019
    Marieke Online ·
    I want to do all the stuff I need a count for too! I bought the candle votives for the tables already, I’m assuming I’ll have 15 tables but if I don’t, I can put the votives elsewhere. My mom and stepdad harvest their own honey and that’s going to be my favors, so they’re just going to bottle a ton of little jars of honey and whatever doesn’t get used they’ll just give away or sell.

I want to order my invitations now but I have to wait until our tasting in January to know what food choices to put on the RSVP.
  • Meagan
    Dedicated May 2019
    Meagan ·
    It's so stressful to have so much to do and can't do it yet! Honey sounds great! Thats awesome your family does that!
  • Alyssa
    VIP December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    Following lol

im definitely interested in what to do when stressed and essentially a hostage to time lol

i am ok with extra centerpieces so I’m getting mine at the highest possible lol
    I know florists can be fun too so im not using one lol

i think the only things I actually have to “leave until late” are getting in my food numbers, stressing over kids growing and when to order what for them, and stressing over getting wrong size for bridesmaid who will have baby in march

then worrying that my vendors are perfect lol
    will they be on time? Are they accurate in their set up & break down times? Are they as good as the reviews? I think im going to be worst when I just have to leave it in their hands and seriously pray to God I hired the right people lol
  • Alyssa
    VIP December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I think this is brilliant

im doing origami roses and not really 100% sure how many I need but went ahead and got 1/2 to 3/4 underway lol

bit I have way too long and should not be doing diy yet

i just want to lol
  • Alyssa
    VIP December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol

im right there with you at about a year and I am definitely already doing stuff lol

i already designed my invitations and they’re at printer with deposit so my plates are being made lol
  • AtoZ
    Dedicated May 2019
    AtoZ ·

I understand completely! We're right under 5 months and our 200-person original plan is now 255. All of my current numbers are based on 200 people... so that means more centerpieces, more tables, more cake... I'm dying!

Comment on this discussion