Victorian Bride
VIP December 2019

3rd time a charm? Not for us!

Victorian Bride, on December 19, 2018 at 7:26 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 31
Saved Save
Hi WW friends,

We can't seem to get married. Period. That is our dilemma. I'll try to make this as short as possible, but still explain our situation.

1st try was for April 7, 2018. I had the flu and our very large wedding was postponed until October 20, 2018.

2nd try, we were sabotaged by my FH's brother and sister. There's an old post about it somewhere. So October 20, 2018 fell through.

So then, we decide to elope with just witnesses, during Christmas and have an intimate wedding at a fabulous old mansion. Our wedding was all set for December 23, 2018, in 4 days, and it has recently been cancelled. My FH has become the sole caregiver of his very ill mother; something we never anticipated. His siblings won't visit, much less help. She and he have both decided she is too ill to be home. They are looking for a nice, skilled nursing facility. The process can take months because all the nice facilities are full. I'm grateful I'm marrying a man who is so selfless. But, a 3rd wedding has now been stopped.

Thankfully, our gorgeous venue was very understanding ( love them!) and we didn't lose our large deposit. They are saving it for our wedding. I say wedding because surely we'll make it next time!

So my question is anyone else have trouble " making it to the church on time" then having a fabulous day after all the angst? I hope so! Thanks!!

31 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    Hey sweetheart. I’m so glad to see you back! I’m so sorry that you’re going through this again. I hope everything works out because you truly deserve it.
  • Mcellist
    Super March 2019
    Mcellist ·
    • Flag

Awww. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. You'll get your wedding soon enough! Stay strong Smiley smile

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, Kenisha!! You are so sweet. I almost feel like I'm fully qualified to be at least an assistant wedding planner. I have the process down fairly well now. Believe me, as soon as the deed is done, I'll happily share our BAM. I appreciate your support so much.
  • Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag
    I’m so sorry to hear about all this! I can’t even imagine how stressful all of this is on you. Just keep your head up and know that when everything works out it will be the most perfect day!!!! ❤️
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awwwww, you are a sweetheart!! I feel like it's never going to happen, but I know it will. ❤ Really appreciate your support. Thank you.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Justine, yes, it is incredibly stressful. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I actually had a Drs appt today and he was concerned about my FH, me, and all the stress. I do know when we FINALLY say " I Do" it'll be the happiest day of my life.
  • Danielle
    Expert March 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    Oh my gosh, I remember your post in October and hoped everything finally worked out for you. It does sound like you’ve got a good man. It will happen and it will be perfect.
  • F
    Dedicated March 2019
    Future Mrs. Stevens ·
    • Flag
    I can imagine it's such a stressful time! Your beautiful day will come and I'm sure it will be so special!!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Danielle!❤ Ha! Ha! Yes, it's me. AGAIN. Smiley winking I do have the most wonderful man. I am blessed. Thank you for your continued support. I appreciate you so much!!
  • Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    So sorry you are going through this again! I think both you and your FH are so selfless to continue to put others first and focus on what truly matters and your loved ones health. I can't imagine the disappointment and stress though. Hang in there and I hope things start to look up for you. I know your day will be truly beautiful and well worth waiting for once it comes Smiley heart
  • SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    I remember the ordeal with your October wedding being canceled. Please keep us updated on your future plans. It will all work out for you!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!! ❤ I can't wait to share my BAM with each of you. I pray 2019 is THE YEAR! 2018 was a huge disappointment. Yes, you are right, it will be special because we've been through so much.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Maggie, what sweet thoughts!! Thank you so much.❤ I don't feel selfless because I wish my FMIL were well and we'd have our wedding this weekend. I do know you are correct and our day will be beautiful. I can't wait!! 💐🎩💍
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will definitely keep you all updated. I appreciate you. Just praying it all works our for "sooner rather than later." Thank you so much!❤
  • Britt Brat
    Expert May 2019
    Britt Brat ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry you're having to deal w/ this. Sounds like it sucks Smiley sad Your FH does sound like an amazing man though! You'll get through this and marry him when the timing is right Smiley heart I wish you the best of luck Smiley smile

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry, but marriage is only a piece of paper, you're already with a wonderful guy and that's enough to celebrate! I'm really hoping timing is on your side and 2019 is your year, too! Good luck to you, you are very blessed with or without a wedding!

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I definitely understand how you feel, but it is great that your venue has been so understanding! We recently had to put my grandmother in a facility and it is very very difficult to deal with. Stay strong! You will get to marry your man soon!

• Marcla
    Savvy November 2020
    Marcla ·
    • Flag
    I have been thru this about 3 years ago.. So I am pray that every thing works out for us next year. It's going work out and yall are going have a great wedding..
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

I remember your post! I am so sorry that things have been so tough. Sounds like you have a very wonderful FH. Karma will be kind to you for all you are doing for you FMIL. Hang in there! I hope you have the most beautiful wedding in 2019!

• M.M.
    Devoted December 2018
    M.M. ·
    • Flag
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situations. It plainly stinks. Maybe since you already know where your getting married, after your FH'S mother goes into the home then you can set a date. Be patient Your day will come. Good luck with planning.

Comment on this discussion