Zukas Hilltop Barn Reviews

Zukas Hilltop Barn 7
  • Megan

Megan Rohan · Getting married on 09/27/2020

Amazing! Very nice, very prompt

Beautiful! Absolutely love it there! Can’t wait for our wedding!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/25/2019

The perfect venue!

We cannot recommend the Zukas Hilltop Barn highly enough!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, with views over nearby hills, two gazebos, a pond, and a beautifully manicured garden (this year it had a wall of sunflowers, too.) The food is great (that cake!) and uses some of the produce that they grow there in the garden. Best of all, the coordinator Alyson is amazing—completely organized, answers emails quickly, and so friendly and calm that she puts you at ease immediately. It made the wedding day itself as stress-free as possible, not to mention the months of planning. They also have great recommendations for local vendors, meaning that you get wonderful and very professional people who have often worked at Zukas many times before and are well coordinated with each other. Altogether a great experience—we would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Colleen · Married on 08/02/2019

HIGHLY recommend!

My husband and I got married the first week in August and I am still in awe at how PERFECT our wedding was. Alyson made the year leading up and especially the day of the wedding run so smoothly. She really is amazing at her job! The food and drinks were great, there's so many good places for pictures, and Zukas has the rustic/outdoorsy feel we wanted. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful Zukas was and how much of a good time they had!

The bridesmaids and I got ready in the bridal suite and got our hair and makeup done in the Zukas Spa by Kristen Hickman and her hair and makeup artists. We were all so happy with our choice and loved being right at the venue while we got ready!

We wouldn't change anything about Zukas and our wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily Tessier · Married on 06/02/2019

A dream wedding!

We are so happy that we chose to have our special day at Zukas Hilltop Barn. Not only is it absolutely beautiful but the team there really know how to run things smoothly. We can’t thank Alyson, the coordinator enough for being so professional and sweet throughout the entire process. People were raving about the food and still are in awe of how beautiful it was up there. We want to relive the day over and over because at Zukas everything was so stress free!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Gray · Married on 05/26/2019

Perfect venue for rustic-chic wedding!

Zukas Hilltop Barn was the PERFECT place to have our rustic springtime wedding. Alyson was so helpful and attentive, and certainly helped to calm my jitters on our big day. At the rehearsal, Alyson allowed me to drop off my decor, and she held onto my every word as I told her how I would like everything to be set up the following day. The grounds are beautiful, the food was delicious, and the outdoor ceremony space by the gazebo is unbeatable. 10/10 would recommend Zukas Hilltop Barn. Our day was perfect!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 12/30/2018

So easy to work with (even from far away)!

Our experience with Zukas was great. Alyson was so helpful and easy to reach for the entire year leading up to our wedding. We were planning from across the country, and we had zero stress from anything having to do with the venue. When the day finally arrived, everything went so smoothly and the room (we had an indoor winter wedding) was decorated impeccably. I had provided the decorations and some general instructions about where I'd like what, but they really made it look wonderful. We also received many compliments on the food and cake (which were fantastic). They were very flexible and happy to accommodate the vegetarian and vegan guests we had, and even offered to come up with an off-menu vegan meal since the ones offered didn't really fit the theme of the other meal choices we had picked. It was, hands down, the best vegetarian wedding food I've ever had. The service was also very efficient and well paced. No one felt rushed, but everything was served promptly to leave us plenty of time to dance afterward. One small warning, when we went to the tasting/expo event they do for all the couples hosting their weddings within the year, the food was only okay and the service was eh (must have had something to do with how much variety they provided/service style/volume, which were not at all how a wedding is normally run). Don't be nervous if you feel the same way! I am so happy we chose Zukas for our wedding reception! It was perfect.

Sent on 02/01/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/23/2018

Wonderful Wedding Experience

My fiance and I chose Zukas Hilltop Barn for our wedding because of the awesome package deals and beautiful location. Zukas really makes everything easy, and Alyson (the coordinator) helps with every step of the process. All of the food is delicious, and they are very accommodating to guests with allergies. I also had Zukas make the cake for our wedding (it was included in the package we selected) and it was a great decision! We had many compliments on the food and the cake :). From setup to tear down, the Zukas' staff was awesome. I would highly recommend Zukas to anyone. I would also recommend looking into the spa services at Zukas as it made the wedding day morning very relaxed and easy :). All of the girls hair and makeup came out beautiful.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Alyssa · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfect Barn Wedding

We fell in love with Zukas on our first visit and loved it even more after our wedding day. The wedding coordinator, Alyson, is knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. She is amazing at her job and made everything go smoothly. On the day of she was there to help us set up and during the reception she was there to make sure we were taken care of from start to finish. The barn was a beautiful setting for our Fall wedding and the surrounding farmland and foliage made for beautiful backdrops in our photos. The food was delicious and the chef was awesome about accommodating dietary restrictions and allergies for our guests. The wait staff and bar staff were very attentive, even paying attention to small details like making sure I had a glass of water before walking out for the ceremony. Our goal for our day was for our guests to enjoy themselves from start to finish and Zukas made this easy for us.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2018

We can’t say enough about Zukas! Everything was perfect and everyone was so helpful before the wedding and during! We got so many compliments on the venue of how beautiful it was! We highly recommend Zukas! It was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • MaeganAshley

Maegan · Married on 08/12/2018

Husband and I had our reception at Zuka's 3 weeks ago. We loved Zuka's from the moment we toured it, especially the tent with the bistro lights. Throughout the wedding planning process, everything with Zuka's was straightforward and well organized. Huge perk when planning a wedding. Alyson was attentive, kind, and incredibly responsive. The service for the guests during the reception was top notch. Everyone could not stop talking about the appetizers; the bbq pork on cornbread was a huge hit! So glad we took the time to enjoy our own dinners, they were fantastic. Cake was beautiful and also delicious. Thank you, Zukas!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/20/2018

I cannot say enough about how amazing Zukas was for our wedding! This venue is absolutely stunning! There are beautiful gardens, a pond, and a gorgeous view from the top of the hill. The inside of the building and the tent are so elegant! There is even a fire pit which many of our guests enjoyed!
    The staff was so friendly and accommodating that I felt zero stress! Alyson, the wedding coordinator, made us feel right at ease and we knew we were in good hands. They set up all our decor for us too!
    The food was absolutely amazing! One of our favorite wedding planning stages was when we were able to test taste the food. There were so many delicious options it was hard to choose! The cakes they make are also incredible. We stayed in the honeymoon suite after our wedding which was gorgeous and they even made us a breakfast basket of goodies.
    Everything at Zukas exceeded our expectations! They made our day perfect and so many of our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Phil · Married on 07/14/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better experience working with Zukas. Alyson, our coordinator, did a fantastic job with everything and was incredibly responsive and flexible, particularly the day of. She and her team were fantastic, and the service was excellent.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Christina · Married on 06/29/2018

Zukas was more than my husband and I could have ever hoped for. The grounds are gorgeous offering numerous areas for truly memorable photos. The staff was professional and had everything flowing perfectly and smoothly. The experience truly was once in a life time. I am so happy we picked Zukas for our wedding and if able to do it all again, Zukas would still be the place!!!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Nina · Married on 05/20/2018

Everything about Zukas was seamless from the first email through the end of our wedding day. The venue is beautiful (in all seasons), grounds are kept pristine and the food is great, but most importantly the staff (we worked primarily with Alyson) is incredible. The attention to details, expertise, and calm presence throughout the year and day of made everything so easy and stress free.

We were married in May and with the tricky spring weather had to make a last minute move inside to dodge a rain storm. It was handled so quickly and efficiently and in such a relaxed and professional manner. The ceremony went on without hitch!

Zukas is top notch. I'd host our wedding (or any event) there in an instant. Thank you, Zukas!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Katie · Married on 04/20/2018

Amazing experience working with Zukas! Alyson was so helpful throughout the entire process. The venue is gorgeous! We can't say enough wonderful things!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 11/10/2017

We recently had our wedding at Zuka’s Hilltop Barn and could not have been more pleased with our choice. We felt that what we got for what we paid for far exceeded our expectations. We had both our ceremony & reception onsite indoors. Alyson, the coordinator, is truly exceptional. She was incredibly quick to respond to our dozens of questions from the day we booked through our wedding. She was calm, polished, organized, and always had a smile on her face. Actually, to say that she is organized is an understatement! You’ll have to work with her to see what I mean :) We felt that all of our questions were as important to them as they were to us, and had no worries or stress on our wedding day because of how caring she was. My husband and I found ourselves wrapped up in the whirlwind of the evening and somehow didn’t eat more than the bite of cake we fed each other. To our surprise and delight, not only did the staff pack up the top tier of our cake, but they also boxed up a slice for each of us to enjoy later. All of the food was delicious! The portions were the biggest I’ve ever had at a wedding, and our family and friends raved about the quality of it to us. The venue itself and grounds are so beautiful and well taken care of. My maid-of-honor and I stayed in the Bridal Suite the night before our wedding. We were so comfortable. It provided a lot of peace of mind to have everyone come to us and we did not have to leave to go anywhere. We utilized the Spa for both hair and makeup. Kristen and her team were so fun and friendly and did an amazing job with hair and makeup.

The team at Zuka’s were truly a pleasure to work with. They really made our day what we wanted it to be. It felt and appeared completely effortless and stress-free. I wouldn’t have changed a thing, and 100% recommend this venue to any couple-to-be! I’d love to tell you more, but if you do pick Zuka’s, I want you to be as happy as I was for all the little wonderful surprises throughout the day!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Benjamin · Married on 11/04/2017

Alyson made this a very easy process from the moment we booked Zukas (and we had the added stress of planning our wedding from Texas) The food was excellent and well worth it. We absolutely loved that they offered brunch and all of our guests raved about how great it was. The hall was set up beautifully and the coordination on the day of the wedding from everyone at zukas made it a very stress free day. And the grounds, I can't even put words to describe them. The scenery is unbelievably beautiful and will make for the best pictures!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Venue of our dreams does not even come close to describing Zukas Hilltop Barn. From the moment we took our first tour, we knew this is where we wanted to have our wedding-- and it was well worth the nearly 2 year (Booked in 12/15 for 10/17) wait for a beautiful October Saturday. Alyson will answer any question- no matter how minor, silly, stupid, or how many times you've already asked the same thing. We heard rave reviews about the food before our wedding and received nothing short of the same reaction from our own guests. We requested a carrot cake (sans raisins and nuts) to keep in line with our fall-ish theme and they came through with a delicious and beautiful cake. Alyson arranged for us to have specific signature drinks and was even going to secure a favorite hard cider of ours that is brewed in NY. She allowed us to come and walk the grounds on multiple occasions to check it out and get a feel for exactly what we wanted. We requested the Butternut Squash Ravioli as our vegetarian option due to the multitude of fabulous reviews and they agreed to make it even though it technically isn't this years option. I could literally go on forever- the grounds are magnificent- the tent lights up beautifully- the food is amazing- the service is impeccable. Do yourself a favor and book Zukas for your wedding, I can guarantee that you will feel relieved knowing that your day is in the best hands possible and that they will do everything in their power to make it the wedding of your dreams. Bravo Alyson and the Zukas team, thanks so much for all that you did you make our day exactly what we imagined and more. We wish we could go back and do it over and over and over again.

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 13
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 14
  • cmanchesterr

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2017

I cannot even say enough about Zukas; what a wonderful venue! Everything about the venue is just beautiful; the grounds, the building, the tent, the suite, the greenhouse...I could go on and on. The food was fantastic, the staff is extremely friendly, and Alyson was just amazing. She answered all of my questions in a timely manner, and I asked a lot! Everything was set up beautifully. I even noticed that they filled in for little things I had forgotten, such as a "sign our guestbook" sign. We stayed in the bridal suite for the night, and the staff gave us a breakfast basket, which was just so sweet. I can't even tell you how many compliments we received on the beauty of the venue and the amazing food! Thanks to Alyson and the Zukas team, I was able to enjoy day without any worries, and I can never thank them enough.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Brent · Married on 10/09/2017

The team at Zukas really came through for us on our wedding day. We fell in love with the venue as soon as we visited and had everything planned out perfectly. The weather had other plans. The day of our wedding came with a surprise rain storm. The Zukas team had backup plans on top of backup plans. Our wedding went off without a hitch. We couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 15
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 16
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 17
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 18

abbie · Married on 09/22/2017

We can’t even begin to express how happy we are with the Zukas staff. We held our wedding there in early October, and attribute how smoothly everything went to Alyson and her team. We didn’t have to deal with any of the nitty-gritty detail at all--everything just chugged smoothly along. The food and drinks were absolutely fantastic (we’re still getting complements from stunned guests who were wowed by the cuisine), and the venue was gorgeous as always, even though it rained. The transition of plans from outdoor to indoor was seamless, and everything went off without a hitch. We spent at least the first half of our honeymoon congratulating ourselves for throwing the perfect wedding, but really so much of that credit goes to the Zukas team for their flawless choreography and beautiful setting. Also, but really, the food was incredible. During the planning stages, the Alyson was always quick to respond to questions, and as a policy they are very up-front about any costs associated with their facilities--there were no surprises or hidden charges (this was not the norm at most other places we visited, so it was a very welcome change). We rented the bridal suite as well so we could finish getting ready there and then spent the night on-sight. The suite was the perfect end to a perfect day :D

Their recommended vendors are all fantastic as well--the process of choosing our wedding adventure was very smooth and stress-free thanks to them!! We did a Monday evening wedding in early october with the help of Scott Metzger as photographer and All That Entertainment (Zeke) as DJ. Makeup and bridal hair by Chateau Cheveux (west boyleston), and bridesmaids hair by the Zukas Spa team.

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 26
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 27
    Zukas Hilltop Barn 28

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

Without a doubt, having our wedding at Zukas was a phenomenal experience. From start to finish we had a blast and everything exceeded our expectations. Alyson (the wedding coordinator/catch all for everything) was extremely professional, attentive and responsive throughout the whole experience. Zukas does a great food tasting where there are tons of couples invited and the whole venue is set up almost like a wedding is going on so you get to see everything as it might actually be for your wedding. We also utilized the spa services the day of and the bridal suite the night of. Our servers were so sweet and put together a basket with cake and breakfast food for the next morning. We got married in September and we used the tent and had plans to have our ceremony on site as well outside. Unfortunately, it rained the entire day of our wedding. I have to say I was incredibly sad, but at the end of the day Alyson did a wonderful job of making the tent feel special for our ceremony and setting up an isle to walk down. We ended up having a double rainbow and I wouldn't have asked for a more perfect day. THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Sent on 01/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2017

I cannot say enough about this venue! Besides the fact that Alyson was with me every step of the way during the planning process, the entire staff was truly amazing the night of as well. They always made sure we were accommodated and comfortable, brining us food and drinks while we took photos. Our guests couldn't say enough about the beautiful scenery, the extremely friendly and efficient wait staff, and how seriously delicious the meals were. We even had guests say they wouldn't hesitate to recommend the venue to their friends and family who are getting married soon! There's definitely a reason why this place books up so quickly. We had a truly amazing day and we have all the staff at Zukas to thank for helping us pull it all off without a hitch!

Sent on 08/26/2017
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 08/11/2017

We recently had our wedding at Zukas and everything was perfect from the time we booked until the end of our wedding night! The grounds are absolutely beautiful, all of the food is delicious, the staff is wonderful, and Alyson is by far the nicest person and most prepared coordinator. She responds within minutes to emails and was there every step of the way! Our wedding was an absolute dream in every way! Thank you so very much!!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Liz · Married on 08/04/2017

I cannot express enough with how happy we are with our wedding at Zukas. We booked the venue only a few hours after seeing it. Alyson was super responsive through the entire year leading up to everything, I never waited more than a day for an answer. The vendors (photography/hair/make-up) were all highly recommended and delivered perfectly, it was a huge comfort that they knew Alyson and the venue so well. Although the drive was on the long side, guests were speechless upon seeing the grounds. The place is so well maintained (landscaping/aesthetics) that you don't need to stress about decor too much, let it speak for itself. Additionally, we received many compliments on the food including the veggie option.

Sent on 08/11/2017