Zorz Studios Reviews

48 Reviews for Zorz Studios

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

48 Zorz Studios Reviews

elaine · Married on 08/13/2011

My daughter's wedding was at the Boston Opera House, a gorgeous venue with extremely challenging lighting. Ed breezed though the difficulties and provided us with an album that captured the fun, the beauty, the setting, and the city in a collection of images that are as exciting as was the event itself.

Joel

• Y

yana · Married on 03/03/2011

If you are looking for an amazing photographer here is one!!! When a friend showed me his site right away i knew that i had to have Ed. I told my husband (back then fiance) that we needed to hire Ed no matter what and he agreed we LOVED his style of photos and his amazing personality. We both feel that we not only had an amazing artist taking pictures of us on our amazing day but we had a friend. We got married in Mexico so we flew Ed in and he spend 4 days with us each day we talked about how he wanted to capture more and more and to us it was very important HE wanted this (when the tables should be turned since we are his clients) but he pushed us and i cannot regret it for one second. He is kind and genuine and very professional and know what a good picture is. So dont doubt yourself go with Zorz Studios!

Great photographer and amazing pictures from our event.

I always have two words to describe my Zorz Studios experience. Professional and perfect. These words describe Ed, the process, and the outcome. Amazing work and amazing memories which are worth every single penny! Fan and loyal customer for life!

Rose · Married on 04/16/2010

If you have seen zorz website then need I say more he is amazing!!!!!! I am very picky with all my wedding vendors and when I saw zorz website I knew this photographer was the one! He did my engagement shoot and just shot my wedding this past Friday and I could not believe how on top of their game his entire team was. Their equipment was state of the art and their creativity was amazing and unique. I looooooooove their work and would recommend them to anyone that wants a amazing photographer! The were so great to work with and worked sooooo well with my other vendors! We could not have chosen a better photographer!!! We love u ED and your team! Love rose and joe!

Maya · Married on 03/27/2009

It was by chance that our paths crossed right before our wedding. The moment I saw Ed's work, I knew that I would not want any other photographer. Ed is a master at what he does. His work is incredible, his personality charming, and his demeanor calm and supportive. Ed and his team are highly professional, incredibly creative and fully dedicated to you. It is amazing how fun it was to work with them, with light and ease and lots of humor. Ed has unlimited energy and a very special way of keeping everything rolling and everyone uplifted regardless of the circumstances. Ed also finds and works with amazing people and with him anything is possible.

Winning the Engaged Contest, we came to Ed with an idea for a 1930's inspired Engagement photoshoot. Ed, being himself with his thirst for adventure, quickly took our idea and completely blew it out of proportion of what we could imagine. It was such a memorable experience to have our hair and makeup done at 3am in the home of Vesta, a professional makeup artist, who was so gracious to lend her apartment for preparations while her husband was sleeping in another room; to shoot under the Brooklyn Bridge at 5am when the air was crisp, temperature cold, and our bodies willingly following Ed's directions; and to be in the company of great people who made us laugh and kept us warm :)

Our wedding took place in Jamaica and with Ed it was an adventure we will remember! From shooting underwater in the open ocean, to hikes to the waterfall and even climbing onto an abandoned boat with waves that engulfed us from head to toe. Ed is a master of posed photography and, at the same time, knows how to capture the right moment without any interruptions. He crafts each image instead of shooting thousands of bland photos. His photography is very artistic and expressive, simply unique! We highly recommend this company and would definitely work with them in the future!

Elkin · Married on 03/20/2009

★★★★★ When I first saw Ed's work before he took off to new heights, I knew one day he would raise the bar amongst professional photographers. We flew him in to Palm Beach, FL to study the setting of the Bethesda Cathedral and The Breakers Hotel. As an Aficionado of architecture and photography, I saw Ed walking the grounds, studying the field, paying attention to detail and truly absorbing the emotion of our wedding... This is what great artists are made off and shortly enough he took us all by surprise and set a foot print off his own in the world of professional photography. To say Ed has reached new heights is a short cut to thinking because we will never know how he intends to impress his audience next... You could be Ed's latest master piece. Thank you Ed for taking that memorable photo that today sits in a 100 year old historic home in Florida and previewed by several media outlets.
    Elkin & Erica

alina · Married on 03/08/2009

Zorz Studios took amazing pictures of our wedding. We have many shots that are magazine worthy! I highly recommend Zorz Studios. Ed has a unique approach where he made us feels like models, not just a bride and a groon. Everything was discussed in advance and there were no "surprises" on the big day. But most importantly, pictures! Our pictures came out beautiful and stylish. I highly recommend !

• Iwona and Lukasz

Iwona · Married on 01/10/2009

Ed is an amazingly talented photographer. He is professional, well organized and very easy to work with. He made us feel very comfortable and relaxed (and it is very important on a wedding day). Ed captured breathtaking images, the excitement, beauty and essence of our wedding day. We’ve got so many compliments on our pictures.
    We would highly recommend Ed and Zorz Studios to anyone who needs high quality service, artistic images and polite photographer.

Anya · Married on 11/01/2008

I have been working with Ed Hafizov since the establishment of my brand "Anya Caliendo. Couture Millinery Atelier" in 2008. He has been the exclusive photographer for every single Collection I created and the only photographer I would trust to photograph not only Collections but creative and promotional events. Countless editorials, numerous glossy publications and one groundbreaking Presentation at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center for SS2014, I now strongly feel that Ed is more than a professional photographer, he is an amazingly talented photographer. I am looking forward to many more Collections and events with Ed.

Anya · Married on 10/17/2008

It is an extremely rare occurrence that one comes upon talent that has no boundaries in it's vision.I consider my collaboration with Ed Hafizov, Owner of Zorz Studios, as nothing short of a transcendent experience. Ed had come into my life at a time when I was readying my first collection "Je Ne Regrette Rien" for photography. I had something grander in mind than the "typical": I wanted to capture, not only the collection itself, but create an enchanted illusion of spectacular characters with soul and beauty out of each of my hats.

Ed listened carefully, observed and expanded my vision to a divine level of photographic perfection that I thought unattainable previously. He possesses an astonishingly productive work ethic and a reliability, coupled with the more important fact that he is not solely a photographer in the technical sensibility; he is a true artist of vivid imagination and vision.

am looking forward to future artistic collaborations with Ed on my upcoming collection, "Russia Magical".

• Z

Zena · Married on 10/05/2008

Ed did I really great job with our wedding photographs. He is an extremely talented and creative photographer. My husband and I had a very difficult time narrowing down the photographs for our wedding album because there were so many beautiful photographs to choose from. Ed is very reliable and very professional. We are very happy thus far.

Mary Clare · Married on 08/29/2008

We hired Ed after having reviewed many, many photographers portfolios. We chose to go with Zorz Studios not only for his exceptional work but his obvious attention to detail and absolute commitment to being an accountable, responsible vendor and pleasing his clients in addition to the tremendous value. He travelled across the country for us and shot the wedding day non stop, absolutely full of positive energy and enthusiasm - it really did amaze me how hard he worked throughout that special day. He was directional when he needed to be and he was quiet and observational when we hoped he would be - it could not have gone better just wish it all lasted longer! We highly recommend him.

• I

Shannon · Married on 10/21/2007

Maria and I knew immediately after seeing Ed's past work and meeting him in person that we wanted him to photograph our wedding. Ed is a true professional with a great personality to match. We are very grateful for the wonderful memories that he captured so well in our wedding photos. We highly recommend him for your wedding or any other event. Thanks again Ed.

Elena · Married on 06/30/2007

Out of all things you consider for your wedding day, photography is the one you should take your time to pick the best. We were lucky to know who the best was in the photography world. Ed did a terrific job shooting our wedding and we have the best wedding pictures of anybody we've ever seen.

The first question we get is "Who took these?" Not, "When did you get married?" or "Where did you get married?" It' always "Who took these pictures!" The lodge we got married at wants to replace their existing marketing materials with our wedding pictures....

Ed is really an artist, not a business man. You can tell the difference by the amount of time he spends working to get the right shot and the amount of time he spends processing the photos. If he puts his name on it, it will be art gallery quality. He takes his profession very seriously. If you are planning a wedding, you will have a lot of decisions to make. Do yourself a favor and decide to use Ed, and then go about making all of your other decisions. The pictures will be fantastic. Just look at ours if you want to see an example of this!

Alex · Married on 08/07/2005

Ed has done a superb job on our boudoir photo session. He was able to capture the essence of our relationship which makes our marriage work so well. My kudos to Ed for his passion and his dedication to his work. I highly recommend him! Great job, Ed

Katrina · event on: 10/10/2015

Ed, was fantastic to work with. Very professional in every regard and the whole family truly enjoyed spending time with Ed taking our photos.

Vitaly · Married on 04/23/2013

Having Ed Hafizov working with us on our marriage registration date helped making our modest event fun and memorable. It was more that just taking photos of us. Professional touch and imaginative gutsy art that we have seen earlier in his works happened for us there and then.

We enjoy the resulting photos _and_ the memories of how Ed helped to create them.

Ed Hafizov's work on our wedding was quite exceptional. He has a way of transforming things to look edgy and cool. He pushes the limits of photography and thinks outside the box. His professionalism throughout the process was very refreshing. I definitely recommend him highly. He will not disappoint!

Sergey · Married on 06/25/2011

Ed is a professional, talented, awesome, passionate and enthusiastic. My fiance and I enjoyed his company and there was no problems when taking photos. He accommodated all of our request and had an extremely positive attitude.

Diane · Married on 10/27/2007

We were both really happy with our photographer Ed. We ended up having way more photos to choose from then we had originally thought we would have. His prices are really reasonable especially for someone who is a talented photographer. When you really compare his prices to the photographers in his price range you will really notice how he sticks out from the rest. It only took my husband and I a couple of days until we decided on him. One of the most important things for us was a photographer with an artistic edge. If you want someone who is reliable, artistic, and straightforward then I would highly recommend Zorz Studios.

Jason · Married on 11/16/2013

3.5

We researched a lot of Photographers in NYC and Ed is by far the best. Our shoot was excellent, professional and most of all fun. Ed collaboratively worked with us and delivered great results. We will use Zorz Studio again and would recommend any friends to do the same.

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.5

Our overall experience with Ed at Zorz Studios was mediocre.

The good:
    -Ed was good at capturing candid moments, including some that I had no idea occurred! The happiness of our wedding day was evident. Wedding photos came out nice; overall we're pleased. Ed made it difficult to choose only 75 for our album--which is not a bad thing!
    -The weather on our wedding day was gloomy, but Ed did not let this get in the way of taking pictures outside on our venue's beautiful grounds.

The bad:
    -We HATE our engagement photos and to this day feel cheated out of them and our shoot. They look very forced, and even the "fun" shots do not capture the love between my husband and me. They also lack the originality of Ed's work that was one of the main reasons why we booked him (and was somewhat lax in our wedding photos too, hence "pleased"). My husband and I had a few creative ideas that we wanted to try--and that Ed loved when we described them a month before our shoot--but not one was explored on the day of.

-Although Ed was initially kind and professional, a few incidents make us feel otherwise today.

We asked if we could drop the album and photo books from our package to alleviate some sudden financial strain on our end. Ed said he could not do that because he is "running a business". To me, that means he pocketed some of the album cost that we paid. Brides, do your research on wedding album costs BEFORE adding them to your contract.

Atrocious timing estimates. Ed delivered our engagement photos a month late (after much pestering from us), and he's currently a month behind on our album layout. When I asked him about the layout, he curtly implied that we should cool our jets. No apology for the delay, just excuses.

Our decision to book Ed over another photographer in PA came down to saving several hundred dollars in travel costs. If we could do it all over, we would gladly pay that extra cost to get our top choice--and avoid all the disappointment with Ed.