Zegi Reviews

43 Reviews for Zegi

1 User photo

Zegi 1

Brooklyn · Married on 07/11/2015

After we got engaged the first and easiest decision we made was to hire Mike to be our DJ. We attended a wedding in 2012 that he did and it was so memorable (and FUN!) that we never even looked at other DJs. Mike helped us through the planning process by providing an outline of spaces we'd need music, worked with our eclectic taste and had everyone dancing the whole night. Additionally, Mike could not be a nicer guy; he was always accommodating and made us feel totally at ease at every stage of the planning.
    After the wedding people mentioned over and over to us how much they liked the music and specifically how well the DJ mixed everything together. We had so much fun and it's largely because we hired Mike. Would recommend him to anyone, no hesitation.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/27/2015

If you are looking for the best DJ in town to completely blow away your expectations of how much fun your wedding can be, look no further than Mike Zarin. Mike came highly recommended from pretty much all of our vendors, but of course we had to meet him first. Music is a big part of our lives, and you could tell from our first meeting that Mike got it immediately. He made the planning process simple, and you could actually feel his passion to play great music that keeps people on their feet. After my bride and I greeted our guests, we headed out to the dance floor and did not leave until the final song. I cannot tell you how many compliments we received on the song selection and flow of the music. Two of my out-of-town family members went so far as to find out if Mike would travel to other states for engagements. You are completely missing out if you do not pick Mike to celebrate with you on your day!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Gina · Married on 05/24/2015

My guests cannot stop telling me how much fun they had at our reception and I know it's largely in part to Mike. Before the wedding, he really helped us pick our songs that fit our tastes and that our guests would like. Also - he helped create a mash-up of songs for the Father-Daughter dance that all of our guests loved! At the reception - the dance floor was packed and everyone was having a good time - which was what we wanted for our guests! If you book Mike for your wedding - you and your guests will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Kendall · Married on 05/23/2015

Mike perfectly captured the vibe of our wedding with very little instruction from us, which is a testament to his ability to read a couple, a venue, and a crowd. Our dance floor was packed all night long and we got countless compliments on his work. He was very focused and energetic, actually mixing songs and DJing, not just using a playlist on a laptop as I've seen other wedding DJs do. He was a great communicator leading up to the event, and even drove an hour out to our site to walk through the venue with us and make recommendations. We were nervous about hiring a DJ for our wedding, but hiring Mike was one of the best decisions we made through the whole process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2015

I can't say enough good things about Mike Zarin and the service we received from him at our wedding. He was a dream to work with in the early stages, totally professional and followed up with me as needed. As far as the music itself, I was hugely nervous about having a DJ having attended past weddings with questionable music. Mike has great pre-work that he asks his clients to complete so he gets the feel for your music styles. People raved about our music - it was contemporary and fit the mood based on the events occurring at the time. Additionally, Zegi provided lighting for the wedding which was stunning and absolutely made my dreams come true for how I wanted the room to look. Thank you so much Mike for everything!

Sent on 05/26/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mike Zarin. Finding the perfect DJ was a more daunting task than I had anticipated and I was disappointed after speaking to a couple of the DJ's I found on some of the wedding websites. I found Mike on Yelp and after speaking to him for 5 mins on the phone, I knew he was our guy. He didn't give me some hard sell and assured me he would be the DJ for the wedding. A lot of the other companies I spoke to couldn't promise who would be your actual DJ until much closer to the event which made me uncomfortable as chemistry is important in my opinion. Mike was super patient through the process and very quick to respond. My husband and I gave him a list of songs that fit the vibe we were hoping to achieve and he took it from there. And wow! People were on the dance floor all night and I have had some may comments since the wedding about what an amazing DJ he was. It was the best party ever thanks to Mike!!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

My wife and I had crazy high expectations for the music at our wedding, and Mike surpassed them with flying colors. We had multiple guests ask us how we were able to find such a great DJ with such great musical selection. We of course had a list of songs we wanted to hear that we gave him beforehand, but Mike was able to pull from that short list our general vibe and nailed it perfectly. For us, he hit everything from current radio pop and hip-hop hits all the way back to the classic soul recordings that inspired them. And throughout the pre-planning process he was completely professional and easy to work with. We'd readily recommend him for anyone getting married or just trying to throw a killer dance party!

Sent on 04/25/2015
  • I

Ivan · Married on 11/08/2014

Mike was a fantastic DJ. We gave him very little direction - we like funk and motown and would like people to dance all night - and he just ran away with it. He kept the energy level very high and made a fantastic selection of songs, and our guests repeatedly mentioned to us what a great job he did. He was very easy to work with and generally did a great job of dealing with our pre-wedding neuroticism. He also went out of his way to smooth a potential sound problem with the venue for the ceremony, which helped enormously.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Christina · Married on 10/18/2014

Being introduced to Mike was the one of the biggest points of relief throughout our wedding planning process. Music has a lot to do with where my husband and I had so many memories at the very beginning, and making our wedding the best compilation of our music style and taste throughout the 6 years we’ve been together was one of the most important details for the big day. He always had flexibility to work with your schedule to meet and keep the ball rolling on planning. Mike really understood what we wanted for our guests – and for us – throughout the entire evening, and he did an amazing job. It’s been a few weeks since our wedding and we’re still getting compliments on how awesome DJ was and how the music selection was so thoughtful and tailored. Mike’s the best!

Christina Del Rocco DiLegge

Sent on 11/05/2014

We had a fantastic experience with Zegi at our April wedding at the Trolley Barn in Atlanta. Mike worked with us to create a playlist and experience that was exactly our style. He was professional and responsive throughout the process. On the big day, he kept the party going and the guests dancing, but was never intrusive. We got so many compliments on what a great time it was. Highly recommended! Thanks Zegi!!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2013

We could not have been more thrilled with Mike Zarin’s performance at our November wedding.

Prior to discovering Mike, I was overwhelmed with the hundreds of Atlanta DJ’s on wedding websites. I wanted to find someone that I was comfortable with, who understood my musical interests, and really was just a cool person to have around. I was so very lucky to have a friend recommend Mike Zarin/Zegi. He was absolutely amazing.

We met and emailed several times during the planning process. He was so easy to work with, had great ideas and suggestions, and was flexible with my crazy work schedule. He also helped me build my wedding reception timeline and offered a great template.

The day of the wedding, he was an absolute dream. His playlist was amazing, he totally worked the crowd, and it felt like having a friend at the wedding versus a vendor. Tons of wedding guests complimented me on how much they enjoyed Mike. He was a total professional and has a true passion for what he does.

I would highly recommend Mike. He rocks.

Sent on 11/11/2013

joel · Married on 09/14/2013

To say I would "recommend" Mike Zarin from Zegi for your next big event would be an understatement. I attended a friend's wedding that Mike was the DJ for about 5 years ago. He made such an impression on me that when it came time to recruit a DJ for my wedding, I knew that I only had to make one call. While planning, we didn't realize how the music selection was going to affect the entire flow of the event. Mike met with us and helped us out immensely! He made it easy on us by incorporating Google Docs so we could upload our music selections, timeline, and suggestions online. He took our preferred music and helped coordinate every minute, from entrance song to last dance and everything in between. Everyone had so much fun thanks to the amazing job Mike did. Even the wedding coordinator was asking who our DJ was! I will endorse Mike as a true professional and a master of his craft. Thanks Mike!!!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Julie · Married on 05/26/2013

"When I started the search for a DJ for our wedding I was completely discouraged by the cheesiness my google searches were yielding. I did not want that at my wedding. Then a wonderful florist highly recommended Mike Zarin of Zegi saying "he's got a really cool vibe about him." I emailed him immediately, he responded that day and we set up a time to chat. Mike was super personable and made me feel at ease seeing as I live inNew York and the wedding was in Georgia I knew we wouldn't meet until the big day. We made a timeline together over the phone, using his documents I sent over the info he needed and then wedding day approached.
    Mike is not your typical wedding disc jokey, as my brother said it best "this guy is real deal! " Without exaggeration Mike has got to be one of the most talented djs out there. He doesn't just play music, he gets music and he mixes music that I didn't know could be mixed. He spent time before the wedding going over my song requests and it meant a lot that. Everyone was impressed with his talents and his overall presence. On our honeymoon when we were reminiscing about our wedding Mike Zarin's name kept coming up. My husband and I were just so blown away. He made the night so much fun and I can't wait for the opportunity to see Mike mixing up tunes again at my next wedding jk. But maybe a crazy baby shower. Thanks Zegi"
    Service Category: DJ at my wedding
    Year first hired: 2012
    Top Qualities: Great Results, Personable, Creative

Sent on 02/17/2014

Daniel · Married on 06/04/2011

Mike was our favorite vendor. He did such a great job with our wedding that I recently hired him for my husband's 30th birthday party. He is professional, reliable, and knows how to keep a great party going. Music was the most important thing to me. I interviewed 3 DJs before I met Mike. Within 5 minutes of meeting him, I knew I wanted him to be the dj at our wedding. I made sure to have a contract signed and a deposit to him that same night. He did a great job with our ceremony and reception music. He always responded to my emails and phone calls within a day. He offered to help me find other vendors and gave me wonderful recommendations for the after party, which he helped coordinate. He also helped us with the lighting at the reception. Mike did a great job and my husband and I loved working with him, so much so that we have a picture with him in our wedding album. I highly recommend Mike to anyone (not just brides) that is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 03/12/2012

Stephen · Married on 03/11/2017

We loved working with Mike - he was easygoing and attentive in the planning stages and listened to what we wanted on our day. He was very accommodating with some last minute changes to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. On our wedding day he nailed every part - he was a great emcee coordinating the events and his music selection perfectly matched what we were looking for. If you want a DJ who does actual mixing throughout the night based on what the audience is feeling in order to get as many people out there dancing as possible, Mike is your guy.

Sent on 03/28/2017

A · Married on 05/06/2017

We hired Mike to DJ at our wedding upon a friend's recommendation. From start to finish, Mike was extremely easy to work with. He helped us with customizing the song list and made good suggestions for the lighting package. While seamless planning is important, at the end of the day, everything boils down to the event itself, and we could not have been happier with the outcome. Mike easily read our audience, chose music that matched the evening's mood and smoothly transitioned from one song to the next. He combined our parents' song requests from the 70s and 80s with more contemporary music and turned it into a great set that worked with all guests at our wedding. In addition, he spoke the right amount for what the event called for. We found Mike to be extremely adaptable and outside of his technical abilities, this is what holds him apart. He made the event feel like ours, never pushed his own personal music preferences, was willing to help as much or as little as we wanted, and was generally a very pleasant person to work with. Our wedding guests are already devising ways to book him for an event and we would highly recommend him to anyone in the future.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Mike Zarin exceeded our expectations by a long shot and was absolutely incredible on every level! I was put in charge of the music for our wedding and being a musician myself, I found myself being extremely picky and selective when it came to choosing a vendor. I wanted something different than I kept seeing over and over again scrolling through the wedding sites. I found Mike through Google and coming up on his Yelp page and was intrigued by the testimonials. After reading through them and doing some research on him, we were convinced to give him a call. In the end we were extremely thankful we ended up going with Mike. He was a breeze to work with and get everything set up. If you are like me and have a very specific idea of the music you want, he will respect that and even expand upon it perfectly based on your taste. If you don't know what you want, you can feel very comfortable that Mike is an expert on music and knows exactly what the crowd wants. On our wedding day, he was on top of it - extremely organized, professional, and charismatic. The music was absolutely perfect. The dance party was more like a concert than a DJ. He is the best I've ever seen at seamlessly mixing songs and beats together to create a unique high energy experience. He would also take requests and mix them together on the fly which was really impressive. Everyone I talked to during and after the wedding kept bringing up how "awesome that DJ was" I can't say enough good things about this guy - it made our wedding perfect and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/13/2015
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/03/2012

Mike was great for our wedding reception at Heritage Sandy Springs. We were really careful to stay away from any kind of hokey, stereotypical wedding DJs, and Mike was the right guy (and stylish to boot!). He was more of a club DJ, was good at mixing songs (I don't know DJ-speak) to make them flow one after the other. He also provided subtle lighting in the dance area, and a lav mic for the minister for the ceremony. He made minimal announcements, which was good for us, and didn't try to put on some sort of act like I've seen at other weddings - ugh. One thing we were missing was some slow dancing songs, but honestly we never even realized it until after the wedding so I guess it wasn't noticeable. I just think that some guests won't dance if they can't dance slow, so it may have gotten more people onto the dance floor. I also found out later that people had been requesting songs like Gangnam Style and some Michael Jackson, and that they didn't get played until the end of the night (still super fun though). Truthfully, my husband was the one communicating with Mike during the planning process, so there could be a reason. I have a feeling Mike had a lot of requests from us to begin with and was trying to fit them all in. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2012