Zachary's Red Barn & Farm Events Reviews

10 | Homer Glen, IL

10 Reviews for Zachary's Red Barn & Farm Events

Susan · Married on 08/10/2018

In summary, excellent service. All staff are very helpful and the assortment of inventory they have available to use was incredible. I didn’t have to buy any centerpieces or additional items that a wedding usually requires. They had it all. They also recommended all my vendors and took all the work and worry off of me. Chris, Tessa, Janice, Kim, and even Walt were the best!! Would definitely recommend the Red Barn!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2017

We had our wedding at Zachary's Red Barn this past weekend and it was perfect! The property is gorgeous and so unique. There is really no other venue like it! We added the tractor rides and the shooting range and loved both. The opportunities for picutres are endless. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had!

The staff is super helpful and willing to accommodate. They really went above and beyond our expectations. Bridget and Kim both made sure our day was the best ever! From the planning through the day of they made sure everything was perfect! We can't thank them enough.

We booked our wedding at the end of last year and they keep adding more and more to the property to make it even better then it already is!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kevin · Married on 10/15/2016

We just got married at Zachary's Red Barn September 2016. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and venue itself. They put a lot of work into making the place gorgeous! They were most definitely the most competitive priced barn venue around and provided the most unique property if you are looking for a rustic feel. You can have a super casual wedding there or an over the top rustic chic wedding. Our guests were dressed in formal attire and had a blast! The wedding planner is always available and never minds you calling or texting at any hour with questions. Every guest showered us with compliments on how absolutely beautiful and unique the wedding was. My dad and I pulled up on a Hayride when sun was just about to set right before the ceremony in front of the Red Barn. The tent was huge and could sit 350 comfortably. The fire pits they provided at night were perfect for having smores. The bartenders were on their game. I didn't have one complaint about someone waiting for a drink. They were the friendliest staff, especially Christina who helped plan our wedding. She was there during rehearsal and the night of our wedding. It was great because the bathrooms were new and we didn't need to use outdoor facilities like most of the barns we looked at. They also have another barn there that looks like an old western town which provided us with one of a kind original photo opportunities! They did the set up of tables and cleanup. If you're on a budget they even offer their own decor for you to use as centerpieces. Zachary's Red Barn is a must see!!!

Sent on 01/30/2017

kevin · Married on 09/24/2016

We just got married at Zacharys Red Barn September 2016. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and venue itself. They put a lot of work into making the place gorgeous!

Zacharys Red Barn is a must see!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Jodi · Married on 07/15/2017

Zachary's Red Barn is a fantastic venue for your wedding. Bridget was our wedding coordinator at Zachary's and she was absolutely fantastic. She went out of her way to make our wedding day perfect. You can tell she loves her job and she makes your wedding a priority. The barn is a beautiful and unique venue. My family and friends absolutely loved it. I can't say enough good things about Zachary's!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Shelby · Married on 09/01/2017

This venue was the most beautiful farm wedding I could have dreamed. As the date got closer, Bridget, our wedding planner, was so involved in every aspect of the day. She was very flexible, clear, and had so many opinions to help a bride like me who just wanted it to be beautiful. I highly recommend anyone wanting a wonderful, fun and one of a kind farm wedding to book it here! The price was not too crazy, and there were so many options to make your day as special as you wanted it to be.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Brittni · Married on 06/09/2018

3.8
      2.0

Absolutely loved the venue for our wedding day. Everything turned out perfect! All the guests loved it and the food we picked! It was just so hot in the tent.
    When we got there they must-have just turned on the air maybe 30 minutes before and it was very Hott on there also...we thought we would be able to handle it and get our pictures of
    me putting on my dress but it was roasting.
    Barb did great helping, but we worked with 3 different ladies during our process and everything got messed up at the end with our contract. They are very unorganized!! Make sure you save everything and get everything in writing!!! It was very stressful!!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Regina A Glascott · Married on 11/01/2019

2.2
      3.0
      2.0

I would definitely check out other venues before choosing this one

My son and daughter in law were married here at the beginning of November. The lady who owns the event planning business was very accommodating, pleasant, and attentive. Her staff on the other hand was not. The bartender was straight up rude. It was freezing in the tent and barn. We paid for heaters and were told if they gave us more we’d have to pay double and that heaters were for the ceremony ONLY, not for the entire day, therefore, the bridal party was freezing all day as we got ready. Guests ate their dinner in their winter jackets. It was so cold, guests were leaving early. There were no signs or directions for guests upon arrival. I paid extra for the shooting gallery and it was out of order. Nothing was said about a refund. Also, there were no chairs in the barn whatsoever, so after dinner, guests were standing for the rest of the night.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Sheila · Married on 08/27/2016

2.5
      1.5
      2.5

Although the venue itself is very beautiful and a fun atmosphere, I would highly recommend that if you are looking to book this venue, that you hire someone to help (wedding coordinator, day of coordinator). The lack of communication is very poor, responsiveness very slow, and there were still hiccups dealing with this venue the week of the wedding! Strongly suggest you keep everything in writing also. They seem to be working out some kinks as they are fairly new to hosting weddings. Hopefully the kinks are resolved soon as it really is a nice place to be married and hold your reception! A close friend as well as myself were married here and both had the same complaints. The actual wedding day turned out very nice despite all the obstacles along the way. If you want stress free, there is no doubt a coordinator should be hired when booking here.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Arlan Schattke · Married on 09/01/2018

1.6
      3.0

September 2018 Wedding

Security guard patrolled the wedding like he was looking for someone to arrest. We were kicked out of the venue at 11pm even though we were told we could stay until 2am. Some of the staff was great, some of the staff was terrible. Venue is photogenic and we got some great shots. Price was better than other venues we looked at. Their proffered/recommended DJ and officiant were no good. Temperature was an issue, it was hot that day and the barn and tent were cookin.

Sent on 10/25/2018