Yours, Always Reviews

Yours, Always 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Bononi · Getting married on 01/04/2020

11/10 would recommend

We can’t say enough great things about Kara’s help on our day. We hired her a little late in the planning process after thinking we’d be able to manage everything ourselves. During our first conversation with Kara, we knew instantly that she was knowledgeable, professional, and organized. She helped us tie up a few loose ends (and find the last few vendors for things), took over with the vendors we had booked, confirmed everything, and helped us figure out a lot of details. On the day of the wedding, every little detail was accounted for - from managing family dynamics to making sure we had a plate of food to cleaning everything up afterward. Throughout the process Kara was incredibly responsive to emails and texts. She’s like a human xanax and immediately takes all the stress away. If you’re looking for a day-of coordinator, we can’t recommend Kara highly enough.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Kenzie

Kenzie · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Excellent package for great price, professionalism, and assurancd

We hired Kara of Yours, Always because she understood our needs, explained her mindset towards the big day of and her responsibilities, and totally reassured us we were in good hands with her so we can enjoy our day!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Katy · Married on 09/07/2019

Kara is BEYOND beyond!!

There are no words for how amazing Kara was throughout the entire planning process, and especially on the day. We hired her very early in our engagement and it was the best decision we made, hands down. Having her on board created a domino effect of awesomeness because she hooked us up with the very best vendors, all within our budget (and some well under!). She picked up on our vision immediately and knit our vague idea into this cohesive experience that just flowed so naturally. My photographer told me he’s never been to a wedding that ran so on time—despite having multiple locations, a huge wedding party, and a lot of moving parts, we were early to the ceremony (when does that happen??). The rest of the night was just exactly on the dot for every event. And I can’t even begin to describe how beautiful the spaces were—she had fantastic ideas that she executed at a VERY reasonable cost.

We’ve gotten so many compliments on every aspect of the day, and it really comes down to Kara’s hard work. Every time we started to think something might be an issue, it turned out she’d already come up with a plan to fix it. And a lot of the potential problems we didn’t even hear about until the next day, because she’d just leapt in and smoothed it out before we could even notice. She even got a band playing across the street to hold off on their sound check until the speeches were over! We thought our wedding was just blessed by some mystical force that kept anything from going wrong—which in a way it was, because Kara definitely has some magical problem-solving powers going for her. So if you want a calming, charmed presence to sprinkle some fairy dust on your event, Kara is absolutely the person to hire.

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Yours, Always 8
    Yours, Always 9
    Yours, Always 10
    Yours, Always 11
  • Lauren

Lauren Marschall · Married on 06/29/2019

I can't even begin to convey my appreciation for Kara...

...but I'll do my best to try. To echo others who said this about Kara, she really is an absolute dream. She kept my husband and I sane throughout the entire planning process, and truly went above and beyond for us. She is so professional, attentive to detail, organized, and respectful. Many times, she spoke with our venue and sorted out issues and details when there was confusion. She was amazingly communicative and responsive (especially when I would send her several late-night emails in a row with questions!), and helped me stay calm with her confidence, organization, and experience. Kara helped make the day go so smoothly and was always there when we needed her, but she somehow respectfully stayed behind the scenes. She facilitated a quick turn around/set up between the ceremony and reception beautifully, and the final product was absolute perfection. My husband and I are SO grateful for everything that Kara did for us, and I can't imagine planning a wedding without her. I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Holdeman · Married on 06/14/2019

Kara is an absolute dream

I honestly don't know what I would have done without Kara. My wedding went off without a hitch and was (in the words of my step mother) "absolute perfection" and honestly, this was 99% due to Kara and the work she put in (I have to take at least a little bit of credit!). When I told her I wanted a "hipster-y, moody vibe" she somehow took that vague description and created exactly what I didn't even know I wanted. Her eye for design, while keeping within my budget, was fantastic. She was communicative, professional, and supportive leading up to the wedding, and day of she was an absolute dream. Kara was somehow capable of having a hand in every single detail while maintaining some kind of ninja life distance from the action. I never really saw her, but every time I needed her she was there. If you're looking for someone to help you realize your wedding dream, while staying in budget, and also being just a generally DELIGHTFUL person to spend time with, get Kara on your team ASAP.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Yours, Always 12
  • Charity

Charity McAdams Bailey · Married on 05/11/2019

There are None Better

The only regret that I will ever have about my wedding is not hiring Kara at Yours, Always sooner. She was the coordinator for my wedding, which essentially means that it was her job to take my mass of disorganized bookings and vague wedding fantasies and make them somehow seamlessly real.
    The reviewer who describes Kara as a 'human Xanax' is so on point. It was the first thing my husband said when he met her, and one of the most striking elements of her personality. She's funny, professional, and on top of everything, being next to her is a little like being given a weighted blanket and a cup of honeyed tea. Whether or not you know it yet, it's exactly what you need on your wedding day.
    She coordinated bus rides for 130 people to two different locations, dueling pianos, floral installations, bakery deliveries, winery timelines, and ... well ... everything, and everything ran smooth as silk. More than that, she knows so much about the art of designing an event, as well as food and wine, that she's just a priceless resource throughout. Guests told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and that would never ever have happened without Kara.
    If ever I host another event, she will be the first person that I call. She will make your dreams come true.

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Yours, Always 13
  • Jazzminn

Jazzminn · Married on 11/03/2018

Kara is a dream!

Kara helped to make my wedding a truly incredible experience. She is so thorough and thoughtful. She made planning such a breeze. When I walked into the venue I couldn’t get over how perfect everything looked. It was really a dream come true. She made everything run so smoothly the day of. She is talented beyond measure, it’s very rare you come across someone who is not only creative but also organized and focused. The fact that she handled doing our beautiful florals and signage but also was able to have everything go off without a hitch is a testament to how amazing she is.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Jazzminn & Joshua: Your wedding was such a special project for me, and one I will cherish for a very, very long time! You gave me so much freedom to put together all of your details and design--and it was amazing to be able to put everything together and work on making all the pretty things! Your wedding was an absolute gorgeous blast, full of such kind and happy people, and I can't wait to see the photos from Ellie! I truly miss you guys already now that it's all over... I'll be heading over to the coast for lunch to see you! :)

Ryan Love · Married on 10/06/2018

Your Wedding + Kara Brandon = Awesome!

I worked with Kara for a beautiful wedding at the Evergreen in Portland. I had never worked at that venue before and as a DJ it was great to get diagrams, timeline and helpful load in and set up tips well ahead of time from Kara via email. I found out from her that the venue was upstairs, and that the elevator was slow, and got crowded before the wedding. This was critical information because my role as the DJ is so important for the ceremony to be set up properly and on-time. On her recommendation I showed up extra early, and was glad I did for so many reasons.

During the event Kara was an absolute joy to work with. She has a very calm and smooth demeanor with a positive attitude which makes her a great leader for a wedding day. I have worked as a wedding DJ since 2006 performing at hundreds of weddings. I recommend Kara in the Top 5 wedding planners I have ever worked with based not only on her knowledge and professionalism, but her great communication skills and supportive role before and during the event.

It was awesome to be a part of such a spectacular event from start to finish. I can't wait to work with her again in the future.

Thanks Kara!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Chantelle

Chantelle · Married on 09/08/2018

Kara was amazing and made our day go so smooth and stress free! As soon as we met her, we knew we had made the right decision for a day of coordinator. All of our vendors loved Kara and she was so easy to communicate with. We will recommend her to everyone looking for a wedding coordinator. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Chantelle & Matt! Thank you for your kind words! I had such a great time with you and your families on your wedding day. I'm hoping you guys got some honeymoon camping/outdoorsy-ing in! :) Congratulations to you grade school sweethearts!

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2018

Kara was a dream come true! I tell everyone: I couldn't have gotten married without my husband AND Kara of Yours, Always. She was incredibly responsive and was creative in meeting my budget. Her skills in sign-making, other wedding tools, and designing (and making) all our floral arrangements was unlike anything I imagined when we initially booked. Book Yours, Always and get the wedding dream team you need!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Lauren & Kevin! Here's to the most incredible first dance performance I've ever seen! The two of you were and are incredibly kind hearted, sweet, enthusiastic and fun-loving. You were so, so supportive of me throughout our planning process and during the Rocked event, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time for that. Thank you for hosting such a special event, and for your generosity and kindness throughout. Wishing you the absolute best times ahead!

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Kara from Axe & Wedge events did a FABULOUS job as our wedding coordinator, and I highly recommend her. She helped us plan and execute all sorts of details that made our day special & stress-free, like making sure we had water stations set out for guests to stay hydrated pre-ceremony, decorating the arch that we got married under so it was picture-perfect, and ensuring that our whole wedding day went all according to plan.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Katie & Jay!! I'm hoping you guys had a lovely rest of your Summer! It was a pleasure working with you. If you ever do another celebration in India, I would love to see photos! :) Take care!

Susan · Married on 07/06/2018

Kara helped us coordinate our dream wedding, and it was everything that we have ever dreamed of! She went above and beyond our expectations, and her attention to detail and organization made our day run so smoothly. She is reliable, knowledgeable, and overall a wonderful person to work with. By far one of the best decisions and investments we made for our wedding! Thank you for everything, Kara!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Susan & Samuel! Your wedding was a blast--the photos are stunning! Thank you for bringing your doggo along and for some incredibly powerful emotional moments. You guys are both darling! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot recommend Kara enough! The month before my wedding she stepped in to organize and coordinate. I was just beginning to get a rush of updates/questions from all of my vendors at the same time, but Kara swooped in and assured me that she would take it from there. It was such a relief! Not only did Kara perfectly handle all of the expected services, she even gave my fiancé and I a ride home from our rehearsal so we wouldn’t have to call an Uber. Her kindness and reliability comforted me through planning and all the way through our wedding day. Thanks Kara!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Yours, Always's reply:

Thank you for your kindness & for hosting such a wonderful wedding! I hope London is treating you well! Sending you hugs from Portland.

Carly · Married on 06/16/2018

Kara does it all. She is an incredible wedding coordinator/planner, florist, and all around wedding guru. I cannot speak highly enough about her attention to detail, ability to communicate quickly and effectively, and her calm under pressure; she is a true pro. Even though we knew our day fell in the middle of a busy wedding season we always felt like her main priority and she went above and beyond in every aspect of what she was hired to do. If I could point every one of my friends in Axe & Wedge’s direction I would, she and her staff made our day beautiful and so special. Here is a list of a few extra things Kara and her team did to make our day even more special:
    1. When I ran out of time finishing the groomsmen's boutonnieres she finished them up like a true pro
    2. She helped us configure our table layout, including 5 different options, a google maps satellite view, and organized last minute place cards when I added them in a few days before the wedding
    3. She left the bride tribe a bottle of rose as we got ready in the morning
    4. She made multiple flower market visits when the flowers we planned on using weren't available
    5. Kara helped us order our flower vases from a wholesaler and dealt with the transportation and logistics of all of our flowers
    6. She got everything done but also spent time talking with our families and everyone commented on how kind and caring she and her entire staff were
    7. Our venue owner said that Kara was one of the reasons this was one of the most enjoyable weddings that they had hosted. They felt that the entire day was handled by a professional and had no concerns the entire time.
    Below are a few examples of the florals and signs she made for our wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Yours, Always 14
    Yours, Always 15
    Yours, Always 16
    Yours, Always 17

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Kara was amazing to work with. She brought so much knowledge and experience. I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she ran with it. She did all the decorations, found vendors to fit our needs and our budget, did the florals, and even her husband jumped in to do the bar tending. We were so blessed by Kara's help. We had a baby in the middle of our 1.5 year engagement and we couldn't have had our perfect day without her. I would absolutely recommend Kara to all of my friends.
    We feel so lucky to have found you Kara! Thank you for everything.
    Danielle, Gerek, & Sorin

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Yours, Always 18

Danielle, Gerek & Sorin:
    It was an absolute pleasure to work with you through so many life big life moments! You both are incredibly kind people, and quite obviously, amazing new parents! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day, and Matt & I wish you the absolute best in your new home with your new cutie pie baby!

Lori · Married on 05/12/2018

Where do I begin? The best decision I made by far when planning my wedding was to chose Axe and Wedge for coordination services. Kara was amazingly patient, insightful, and went above and beyond my expectations. She was a calming and reassuring presence for me on the wedding day, and she coordinated every little detail to perfection. She also made me some gorgeous signage on reclaimed wood for such a fair price. So much gratitude - can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Katie · Married on 02/10/2018

Kara was fantastic to work with. She did our flowers, decoration, and coordination of our wedding. She also advocated for us when things didn’t quite go as planned. She was attentive, knowledgeable, and attentive. I don’t think I could have had such a positive experience planning a wedding without her!

We were so grateful for her help for both the planning and the execution of the wedding.

Thank you Kara!

Katie and Ron

Sent on 02/11/2018

Mike · Married on 12/02/2017

I got married early in December in the Bg Sur area and couldn't be more validated in our decision to hire Axe & Wedge for the aesthetics and floral for our wedding. She checked all the boxes in what we were looking for in a event designer. Punctual and prepared. Helpful and absolutely charming. Floral arrangements exceeded what we had in our imaginations for our dream wedding. And the cost was nothing short of inadequate compared to the result of their hard work. To sum it up, it was perfect. Nuff said.

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Yours, Always 19

Angie · Married on 09/30/2017

I played the ceremony for my friend's wedding, and Kara and Matt were absolutely incredible in keeping me informed of the wedding process, keeping my equipment dry when the weather was very unpredictable, and even bringing audio equipment and EQ'ing it so the piano sounded as best as it could! They are definitely both talented at a multitude of different aspects (design to handyman work to live sound expertise), which is such a bonus when it comes to something as complex as weddings. I watched them set everything up with as much care as is possible, and stay on top of everything the entire night. As an observer of Kara and Matt, they definitely seem like they are worth every penny, and much more.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Angie! Thank you for your comments! We loved working with you, and were so pleased by your flexibility and positivity. Thank you for your help, support and teamwork! Your piano was beautiful!

Jeff · Married on 09/30/2017

I am the owner of a wedding venue by the name of Vernonia Springs and see many wedding planners out here. Kara is the best of the best!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Yours, Always's reply:

Such a pleasure to work with you, Jeff. We are looking forward to more weddings at Vernonia Springs!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Kara of Axe & Wedge Events was such a pleasure to work with!! She put together an amazing set up, from the flowers to the cake to the rentals, she thought of every last detail. Her professionalism is top notch, with wonderful communication throughout the planning and execution. I can't wait to work with her in the future!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Yours, Always 27
    Yours, Always 28
    Yours, Always 29

Shari · Married on 07/07/2017

Kara's planning and attention to detail was truly the best! She was able to imagine the vision of such a special day, and everything came together perfectly. Her calm professionalism and ability to smooth out and find solutions to any stressful issues (and they were minor and few) was admirable. Everything was beautiful and we received so many compliments from guests on a lovely ceremony, amazing wine reception (curated by Kara), fabulous dinner, and fun dancing! I couldn't imagine such a magical and special wedding without Kara's expertise! Once again, thank you so much!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2017

Kara and Matt were great to work with! Kara was super organized and helpful with our wedding plans and coordination and her and Matt were an awesome team for the day of set up.
    The flowers were absolutely beautiful and Kara also helped me find a hair stylist on short notice.
    Matt was our server the day of and helped with so much of the setup. Great team!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Yours, Always's reply:

Hi Michelle! Thank you so much! What a great wedding and group of people to be a part of—thank you. Years and years of happiness to you and Jeremy!

CHRISTEEN · Married on 08/18/2018

1.0

Worst experience of my life

This women is a joke. She did not do her job at my wedding and had my family and friends do her job. She was not dressed professionally and made my special day a nightmare. She told me to my face she would have a helper the day of my wedding possibly 2. Then had the nerve to tell me on my wedding day that she did not say that and if I wanted more help it would cost more. I hope she never fucks up another persons wedding like she did mine.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Hi Christeen,

Thank you for your very candid thoughts. Unfortunately, it may have been my failure to communicate to you, but you hired me as a day of coordinator--as I have always said, any set up needs to be communicated before hand. As your coordinator, I am not solely responsible for setting your entire venue. I had called, texted and emailed you to gather these details from you in the weeks leading up to your wedding day and I had very little information and often no response at all. When I arrived at the venue, I went inside to check in and gift you a bottle of wine. There was no thank you, no response, as indication of how the day would progress.

My directions on day of were a hand-written note and a pile of boxes. All of your decor was housed in a garage, which I alone lifted and carried to your reception space. This took over an hour of time and was not something I was responsible for. I also had to help with catering, making beverages, cut and served your cake, and cleaned up your entire buffet line. I was calm, kind and as helpful among a group of people who clearly didn't want me there. I was within ear shot of multiple occasions of guests and family members teasing and saying nasty things about me as I was lifting your boxes and doing all that I could to get your long list of items complete. I have never worked in an environment like this, or been met with such sharp and hurtful comments.

I spent extra time cleaning up with the venue owners, and packing your items up, bagging all of your linens (not something I needed to do, but I did). I spent time picking up the fake flower petals on the lawn used in your ceremony since they were not allowed at the venue and could have resulted in a security deposit fine.

I spent extra time drawing floor plans (Again, not something I was paid to do) so we at least had an idea of how we would lay out the tables. If I had not done so, your linens would not have fit the venues tables. This is just one example of how little of a defined plan there was for this event.

The night ended with your refusal to leave until you took the tip money from the bartenders jar as "the bride's tips". I felt awful the night ended that way. I worked incredibly hard on your day, and I did all that I could to help your family and friends in various roles. I did all that I could to contact you and hold a details meeting. There were guests and wedding party members who thanked me at the end of the night and apologized to me for the tension and behavior they had seen.

Again, I apologize for any miscommunication. I wish you and Robin all the best, and again, if I did not meet your expectations--I accept my failure gracefully.

Kindly,