Your Sweet Expectations Reviews

Your Sweet Expectations 4
Your Sweet Expectations 5
Your Sweet Expectations 6

Jackie · Married on 08/02/2014

Carolyn provided us with the most delicious wedding cake! Our special day was amazing because of the love she put into it. We also had delicious rice Krispy treats and cookies that made our dessert table a huge hit, especially with the kids. It was such an honor to work with Carolyn, she is one of the kindest ladies we have ever met. Anytime we need anything sweet in the future we will definitely be using Your Sweet Expectations.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you!! You and Eric are so sweet and so fun to work with.
    Many blessings!

Robin · Married on 08/02/2014

Carolyn made cupcakes and a small cutting cake for our wedding on August 2. She is easy to work with, and very sweet! During our phone consultation, she had helpful advice about how many cupcakes we would need and what flavors to choose. The cupcakes were arranged beautifully when we entered the reception hall, and our guests raved about how delicious they were! The cutting cake was also beautiful and delicious. Very reasonably priced! Thank you Carolyn!
    ~Robin and Jason

Sent on 08/11/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you! It was an honor. Enjoy!

Meagan · Married on 07/19/2014

We LOVED our wedding cake - both the appearance and taste! Carolyn at Your Sweet Expectations was immediately responsive to my inquiries and was quite flexible when it came to setting up a time for a tasting. I have a gluten intolerance, so Carolyn suggested doing a gluten-free top layer, which I was so happy about (and it was yummy)! For the rest of the cake, we did a white/champagne cake with a raspberry cream filling. We got so many comments from guests on how delicious and moist the cake was, and my husband was still enjoying the leftovers days later :) Our cake was absolutely beautiful. It made for a stunning piece of decor at the wedding, and looks gorgeous in photos! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Excellent Meagan! Thank you so much, you two were wonderful to work with :)

Janet · Married on 07/12/2014

We ordered our cake from Carolyn for our wedding in July. 1. It looked so pretty. The colors were exactly as I wanted, and she was kind enough to indulge my late request of adding little airplanes on to the cake. 2. My guests LOVED the cake. It was champagne cake with raspberry creme filling in one layer and lemon creme filling in another layer, with Carolyn's special whipped cream/cream cheese icing. The guests devoured the entire cake before I could even try one of the favors. 3. The cake was on-time and she worked well with our caterer/venue and florist to make sure it had a lovely display.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you! :) The planes were fun. Did you enjoy the chocolate airplane I left for you? Thanks again, it really was a pleasure.
    Very Best to you!

The best cake ever! All my wedding guest were raving about how good it was! Very pretty too!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Bobbi · Married on 05/25/2014

My wedding cake was not only beautiful but delicious! I could not have asked for anything more. Caroline was an absolute pleasure to work with as well. Would recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Maria · Married on 12/22/2013

Carolyn is amazing! She is a sweet person and very reasonable in pricing. The cake was delicious!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Thank you Maria!!

Christine · Married on 12/07/2013

I was blown away with my cake!! It was a hit at my wedding!! Not only did it look fantastic it tasted even better. It was more than I imagined it would be! We had a hard time deciding on flavors since they have so many wonderful ones to choose from! We went with red velvet with cream cheese filling and butter cream frosting! What a combination! Sweet expectations was so easy to deal with and efficient! We only had to meet one time and the cake wonderful!! I would recommend them for any special event especially a wedding!!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Victoria · Married on 09/07/2013

Carolyn created the cake for our wedding on September 7th, 2013 and it was amazing! We were sold on Carolyn's cakes from the moment we took our first bite at our tasting. For our wedding Carolyn created a 3 tiered cake with two flavors: chocolate/raspberry and lemon/lemon cream, both with her signature whipped cream cream cheese frosting. It was insanely delicious and people raved about the cake. I highly recommend Carolyn and will definitely be ordering cakes from her again!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Aubrey · Married on 10/20/2012

Carolyn was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was as sweet as can be; my grandmother, mother and I all fell in love with her from the first consultation. (Of course, it didn't hurt that the cakes we sampled were DELICIOUS!!!) As opposed to many of our vendors, she was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She was flexible in working with our vision and our wedding cake came out absolutely beautifully. We received many compliments on both the design and the taste. My husband and I are hoping that she is still making cakes ten years from now when we renew our vows, as we would love an excuse to buy another! Overall, we would highly recommend Your Sweet Expectations.

Sent on 03/02/2013

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Aubrey. It was a pleasure working with you and creating your wedding cake! Very Best to you.
  • Katheryn

Katheryn · Married on 09/29/2012

Carolyn did such a wonderful job on our cake; she took an idea from Pinterest and ran with it! Not only did the cake look super cute, it was delicious as well, and I got many compliments on the cake and cupcakes. Carolyn was also very supportive and easy to talk with and so excited to share in our day, thank you Carolyn!

Sent on 10/06/2012

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Katheryn! It was an honor and fun!
    Very Best Wishes to you and Will.

Heidi · Married on 09/29/2012

Let's be honest, sometimes wedding cake is just cake. Not at all the case with Your Sweet Expectations. Carolyn wow'd us at our tasting with her WCCI frosting and her sweet personality. We had cupcakes and a small cutting cake for our wedding and they turned out beautiful. I over ordered the number of cupcakes that Carolyn recommended and am glad that I did. Our guests gobbled them up in minutes with many of them returning for seconds or thirds. We had planned to keep our cutting cake to celebrate throughout the year but couldn't resist and ate the rest of it with our close family the next day. We received many many compliments on our cupcakes. I can't wait to order another cake from her on our first anniversary!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Heidi!!! I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed the cupcakes. Very best to you!

Devon · Married on 09/22/2012

Wanted a cake with silk butterflies cascading up the side for our renewal ceremony/party. The celebration was being held at Safari West so transportation and heat might have been an issue. But not for Carolyn! We had fun at the cake tasting and picking butterfly colors. Carolyn arrived early to the event and had called ahead to make sure the fridge had the space for our cake. The cake was beautiful and tasted great.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure and so fun to see you at Safari West!

Kari · Married on 07/21/2012

Amazing cake that tasted as good as it looked!

Katherine · Married on 06/17/2012

I got my wedding cake through Your Sweet Expectations and am so happy with how everything turned out! The cake turned out even more beautiful than I was picturing and she was so patient at the tasting when we couldn't make up our minds. Not only was the cake beautiful but it turned out so delicious!

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Tilly Leslie

Tilly · Married on 06/09/2012

Sweet Expectations is an incredible bakery! We did cupcakes for my bridal shower and a gorgeous four teir cake for my wedding. Let me tell you not only were the cupcakes and cake beautiful to look at they tasted amazing!! After my bridal shower everyone kept talking about how the cupcakes were the best cupcakes they ever had!! I always say i hate all the frosting and then the cake is dry NOT SWEET EXPECTATIONS!! She makes this special frosting you have to tatse theres no such thing as too much. The cake was far from dry, it was moist it was delisious! We didnt even save our cake topper like were suppose to, it was gone with in a week after the wedding. now i have an excuse to order a cake for our 1 year anniversary:) Also if your into Organic food like we are she has no problem making your cakes or cupcakes organic!!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Erin · event on 06/02/2012

I loved working with Carolyn for both my sisters Bridal Shower and Bachelor party. We did cupcakes in quarantining colors for the bridal shower and a SF Gaints cake for her Bachelor party. She had some very creative ideas and worked very well with what ideas I had and made everything come together. Her WICCI Frosting is amazing. I would recommend and do recommend Your Sweet Expectations to all the brides I come in contact with.

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2012

We had cupcakes for our wedding and they were perfect Especially the red velvet! Yuumm! The cupcakes were delicious, customer service was great and it was a good value for the money. What more could you ask for? I would definitely book with them again. Thank you Carolyn for being part of our special day!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Colin and Lisa · Married on 04/28/2012

Carolyn was a pleasure to work with. She heard our ideas and came up with a design for our wedding cake that we loved. Our cake was delicious and everyone at the wedding raved about it.

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Camille Urmini

Camille · Married on 01/21/2012

Carolyn is a breeze to work with! She and I have worked together professionally and I was excited to try her cakes for my own wedding. Her amazing value is undeniable and it's always great to have something a little different than every other bride (i.e. her WCCC frosting!) She is very responsive to communications whether it be email or by phone. Delivery was on time, professional and the cake was GORGEOUS! Thank you for a beautiful cake that was exactly what I asked for. :)

Sent on 01/25/2012

Kendall · Married on 01/20/2012

AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL! DELICIOUS! Carolyn's cakes are fabulous. Loved my wedding cake, it was better looking then I could have imagined. She was so easy to work with, gave great suggestions and everyone loves her cakes.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2011

I cannot say enough nice things about Your Sweet Expectations. Carolyn is not only warm and friendly but also thorough and makes sure every detail is done to perfection. Her prices are reasonable and my cake was a hit at our wedding. Since then she has made my son's first birthday cake as well as other birthday occasions for family members. I would recommend Your Sweet Expectations to anyone looking for someone to make their wedding cake.

Thank you Jennifer!!

Lisa-Mei · Married on 09/10/2011

Carolyn is A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to several Wedding Expos and tried the wedding cake samples, and HANDS DOWN Carolyn's cakes blows everyone else out of the water!

We sat down, and we discussed what we wanted our wedding cake to look like, and it came out BEAUTIFUL! We also had private discussions on the groom's cake which we made as a surprise to the groom (it was actually a fruit tart, but the top was covered in frosted foam--to look like cake--a bit of a gag on him) and the "fake" cake looked good enough to eat!

Again I can't recommend Your Sweet Expectations any higher! Her cake was SO GOOD we even ordered a "mini" wedding cake to take with us on our honeymoon :) And the Groom normally HATES cake--but he happily gobbled up the Red Velvet!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Sonal · Married on 06/18/2011

Carolyn was a dream come true!

We had been searching for the perfect red velvet cake, with frosting that wasn't too sweet / creamy or over the top in any way. Just delicious.

After visiting over 8 bakeries around SF and the Bay Area, we decided to try a couple closer to our venue in Sonoma. The first was a waste of time, the cake wasn't even red! The second, was Your Sweet Expectations.

Just meeting Carolyn we knew we'd met the perfect person to bake our wedding cake. There's something so nice and genuine about her, which makes you want to sign up immediately. My hubby had bad allergies, so could barely taste anything and yet he loved the samples she laid out for us. She's also the first person to have given us two separate portions, everyone else made us share, which ofcourse means you don't get to taste / enjoy all of it for yourself :)

Anyway, Carolyn packed us a to-go bag so that hubby could try the cake + fillings/frostings the following morning when his allergies would have subsided. We signed up with her before we left because we knew we wanted to work with her. But we decided on our fillings after tasting them at home one last time the following day.

Our cake on the day was PHENOMENAL!!! Our guests are still raving about how delicious it was. Plus, we have frozen what's left of our separate 9 inch cake (which Carolyn threw in for free because of our limited budget - I'm telling you this woman is the best!) which we will savor and enjoy to relive the moments from our wedding.

We chose a double layer: Red Velvet Cake, chocolate truffle in the center, butter cream frosting on the two outer layers and her signature WCCI (whipped cream cheese icing) on the outside. *sigh* It was OOTW (out of this world).

Sent on 06/27/2011

Megan · Married on 06/18/2011

Carolyn @ your sweet expectations was amazing to work with and the cake was amazing!