Your Mix Maui Reviews

69 | Kahului, HI

69 Reviews for Your Mix Maui

1 User photo

Lisa · Married on 06/10/2016

Teddy was amazing to work with! He put our minds at ease with his responsiveness, professionalism and knowledge! We continue to receive compliments from our guests on the music - the dance floor was full all night!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Christina · Married on 04/09/2016

Teddy was the BEST. We read great reviews about him and his business on here 1.5 years before our wedding, and knew we had to meet with him. He was the only DJ we met with, and we knew we wanted to work with him right away. We have heard nothing but great things about our DJ from our guests. I have told so many of them that Teddy was more than our DJ. He helped us plan all of the details of the day. He worked with us on an agenda, made sure he knew what was supposed to happen when, and kept everything on schedule the day of. He provided us with amazing music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and of course the dance. He asked us a lot of questions to get to know our style, and played great choices for everything. When we couldn't decide on a song for the bridal party, he gave us suggestions that were unique and worked perfect. The dance floor was packed the entire time. You can tell Teddy really watches the crowd. When it would start to die down, he would play the best song and get everyone out dancing again. It was amazing!

Teddy's wife Kim has also recently started a business, Your Mix Design. When he heard us talking about having to set and tear down our decorations, he told us about their other business. We worked with Kim to set up all of our centerpieces, front tables and cocktail tables. We had already purchased everything, so a few days before the wedding she picked it all up for us. She did a great job making our vision come to life. At the end of the night, she came back and took all the decorations down. It was a huge relief to not have to do those things ourselves. Our day would not have gone so perfect without Teddy and Kim. We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Alex · Married on 10/23/2015

By far the best DJ we have ever had the pleasure of working with. Teddy is a man of his craft! He knows what he is doing and will make you the priority on your wedding day. He aims to please and delivers. Organized, detail orientated and professional. He will personally tailor your wedding to what you want and make it unforgettable. We had so many positive comments from wedding guest, it was amazing. If you want the best DJ in the business Teddy is the man!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Shelly · Married on 10/10/2015

We had Teddy for our DJ for our wedding. He did such a phenomenal job, we couldn't have asked for a better match! He really got to know us and our music tastes, using a questionnaire and meeting with us in person. He got a sense of our wishes and what our guests would like. He was able to get the guests involved and on the dance floor.
    One thing that Teddy asked me with the planning process was if we knew who the longest married couple on the dance floor would be for the anniversary dance. We knew it would be my grandparents who were married for 65 years. He asked if we could find out their wedding song and play that after they were announced as the longest married couple. I was able to find out so he was able to play THEIR wedding song! It was amazing and really touching to have something so special! Many guests commented how neat it was for him to do that.
    You would never have known that he was so booked with other weddings because he made us feel like his only customers. He put together a dance mix for us for our first dance at no extra charge and made adjustments to my picky nature to make it what we were looking for. In addition to that he also took a lot of time meeting with my now husband to record him singing our first song to be played for our first dance. It was very special and took extra time that he provided for us without extra costs.
    Teddy went above and beyond as well as his assistant the night of the wedding. Unfortunately the venue where we had the reception was very short staffed and we had no bartender for the majority of the evening due to that. Teddy and his assistant stepped in and helped with filling up waters and other things that serving staff should have been responsible for, not the DJ. He stepped up anyway and helped out.
    Thank you again so much, Teddy! We could not have asked for a better DJ! You made sure the night was special for us and went above and beyond. ---Shelly and Matthew

Sent on 10/21/2015

Abby · Married on 10/04/2015

Teddy was wonderful to work with. He has a lot of experience with weddings (and still loves it!) so he asked tons of questions to make sure he understood our plan and vision for our wedding. He knew to ask questions about the layout of the room, the electrical setup, the types of music to play during different portions of the event, all sort of things I hadn't even thought about yet. Whenever I wasn't sure or didn't have a strong opinion, he just chose great music and made it wonderful.

He responded to emails and texts promptly. He spent several hours with us going over the ceremony and reception timeline and music choices, and we never felt rushed. He showed up at our wedding venue early to make sure he was set up and ready to go before the ceremony, so I had no worries about where he was or if he would arrive on time. When we had to move the ceremony indoors, he replied right away and reassured us that it was not a problem. He is extremely professional and he made us feel comfortable and confident.

We highly recommend Teddy. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Abby!

We had a blast at your wedding. I can still taste the pancakes!

This was my first "brunch wedding" and we had such an awesome time, Dancing when the sun is still out is something I am glad to be getting used to!

Thanks again for your trust and supporting my family business!

Cassie · Married on 10/03/2015

Teddy was an amazing addition to our wedding evening. He does a fantastic job at covering every part of the evening, and is even willing to cover music at the ceremony if needed. Teddy was professional and responsive from the moment I met him. He helped us plan out much of the day, and took note of all the details. He was great with all of our guests, and gave us very personalized service. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Christina · Married on 09/12/2015

I loved having Your Mix Entertainment as my DJ and Photobooth. My husband and I were very pleased at how in depth Teddy was. We didn't live close so he gave us the option to Skype, which worked very well for us! He worked with us every step of the way. He also helped me get everyone (other vendors) on the same page. He helped give us ideas to get our minds going on what songs we wanted to use. We also choose to do both a video and photo booth which turned out great with the help of Nate, Teddy's assistant. We couldn't have been more pleased with our decision to go with Teddy!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Susan · Married on 09/05/2015

We booked Teddy and Your Mix Entertainment to provide the photobooth for our wedding reception Sept 5, 2015. We wanted to use him as our DJ also, but he was already booked that day.

Your Mix Entertainment and Teddy's assistant Nate did a PHENOMENAL job! We had interviewed 11 Photobooth providers, and Your Mix Entertainment was by far the best. Teddy was pleasant to work with, very knowledgeable, very professional, and always answered all of our e-mails right away. In addition; Teddy was always willing to help out with any other questions we had regarding weddings.

Teddy's assistant Nate operated the Photobooth and it was definitely his attitude and personality that was a Big part of making the photobooth such a big success at our reception. Throughout the evening, our guests commented on how much fun Nate made the photobooth.

We can heartily recommend Teddy, Nate, and Your Mix Entertainment to family and friends without reservation.

Susan and Fred

Sent on 09/17/2015

Susan,

You were absolutely a pleasure to work for. I am envious of Nate that he was able to attend your wedding. Honestly one of the nicest people I have ever worked for!

Thank you so much for your kind review!

My wife and I met Teddy at a Wisconsin bridal show and hired him on the spot. He impressed us with his enthusiasm, organization, dedication, and thoughtfulness. He also provided more than just music services, we hired him as our trusted wedding planner. He kept us informed throughout our long engagement and offered thoughtful, smart ideas about our wedding day. For example, Teddy suggested that we take a sunset photo. He then gave us the exact time of the sunset as not to waste anytime on photos; we presented this idea to our photographer who likewise thought highly of the idea. He also provided an amazingly popular, fun photo booth (a must for your wedding!). We received many compliments from our more than 200 guests about Teddy including his music, presentation, and respect. He gave us a great financial deal to which we eagerly paid more in tips because we thought his service so superb.

We would enthusiastically hire Teddy again as both our DJ and pseudo wedding planner. We highly encourage you to use Teddy and Your Mix Entertainment for your wedding. Thanks for everything Teddy!

Sent on 09/10/2015

daniel · Married on 07/04/2015

Teddy was more than we could have asked for. He took on so many helpful roles it seems almost disingenuous to say he was only our DJ.

In addition to taking care of all-things-audio (mic's and speakers at the ceremony / mic's for the dinner speeches) Teddy helped us plan, organize, and schedule out the entire day, not just the reception or dancing. Because he only works with one wedding a day he has the freedom and flexibility to really play a leading role in the entire celebration.

The process was very easy. We had two or three quick meetings with one in-person "deep dive" where he really took the time to get to know me and my (now) wife as people and a couple in addition to our tastes in music. Through asking questions about our story he identified things we didn't even realize we wanted. We told him about an album that was very special to us and he found the perfect way to incorporate the entire album into our our celebration by playing it as the dinner music. I had many guests tell me how much they enjoyed that subtle nod to our story.

And yes, he wears many hats when he plans weddings but the bottom line is he is still one hell of a DJ. Teddy is not a "fresh out of the box" or "cookie cutter" DJ For Hire. He is above anything a talented and creative musical mind. He takes the time to get to know who he is working with and plays music according to their style. He created mix's of some of my favorite artists and they were huge hits. Our wedding was on the 4th Of July so he even created a really fun mix of awesome patriotic songs that might have been the hit of the night.

We could not be more pleased to have worked with Teddy. The celebration simply would not have been the same without him.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Your Mix Maui's reply:

You guys! Your review was every bit as awesome as your wedding was. I will never forget the America mix we made! And yes the Red Hot Chili Peppers throughout the night was something I remember thinking was totally blush-worthy!

Thanks for trusting me and supporting my family business!
    -Teddy

Colleen · Married on 06/27/2015

It was an instant connection when I first met Teddy. I was impressed! He offered a great special from a Bridal Expo Show I attended that was impossible not to ignore. His professionalism, experience, attitude and attention to detail is quite amazing. I felt I could honestly trust him to handle our wedding music, etc... He was so helpful and very approachable to work with. He really cares about getting to know YOU and your music preferences before the wedding and supports your decisions. He's very open-minded and easy going as well. The day of the wedding, he was simply a "trooper" by remaining calm, flexible, fun and accommodating. He will pretty much do anything for you! Even borrow equipment so you can have special firework laser lighting during your first dance! :) His equipment is awesome ---- I would highly recommend Teddy and his assistant Nate from "Your Mix Entertainment" to any of my friends or family for special events.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Colleen and Bo.

One of my favorite couples of all time, and the ceremony in the atrium. I was so nervous with all the external sounds and distractions and yet... Things went perfect!

You two are such a good couple, and I have been fortunate to know you, much less to have the honor of being part of a huge day for both of you.

While it was minor, I dont make mistakes at weddings often. So I will never forget accidentally saying during the trivia game that Bo had been "dishonorably charged" from the military. When I meant to say, "honorably discharged"!!! I turned a special shade of red with the microphone in my hand that day.

Thank you again for trusting me and supporting my family business!

Ted did a great job at our wedding. He kept the everybody engaged and dancing all night long. Nobody wanted to leave at the end of the night. We also rented a photobooth through Your Mix. It was a great price and we were able to decide when we wanted it open/closed and also got digital copies of all the photos from the night. We used the photobooth photos as our guestbook and it turned out great. The photobooth was a big hit. If you are looking for someone to do it all (music, uplighting, mc, photobooth), we would recommend Your Mix. The whole process was so easy and Ted is very organized and flexible, which is a must for wedding planning, especially when you are doing it all yourselves.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/24/2015

There is no doubt in my mind that I would give Teddy and his team from Your Mix Entertainment 5 stars! We absolutely loved working with him! From the second we met with him, we knew we were in good hands. His thoroughness and attention to detail is second to none. He made the entire planning process less stressful and was always checking in to make sure that we were doing okay. He even went so far to create a wedding timeline that had every event listed down to the minute and then sent it to all of our major vendors. This guy is ON TOP OF IT! When it came to our big day, Teddy was a rockstar. We had a last minute change and had to move the ceremony indoors due to rain, and he handled the situation with ease. Not to mention that he is an awesome DJ! We have received so many compliments about him, and people have continued to tell us that they have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was that packed all night long. He really knows how to read the crowd and play the necessary songs to keep the party rockin'....it was a serious (sweaty) dance party!! He even created a "Women's Power Medley" and mixed our grand entrance song to accommodate our requests. Teddy is the perfect blend between professionalism while still being young, hip, and fresh. We would recommend Your Mix Entertainment to ANYONE! Teddy is seriously the absolute best in the biz!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Your Mix Maui's reply:

Knowing this review not only came from a bride who had one of the most well-appointed, well-staffed (your other vendors were top notch too) and detailed weddings I had ever worked at. But also, both Bride & Groom have since both became wedding professionals themselves. Makes this review echo that much more!

Thanks for the words, and again for supporting my family business!

Andrea · Married on 05/09/2015

Your Mix Entertainment did the Photo Booth for our wedding. Teddy is amazing to work with! Great communication, quick response time and very professional. He was accommodating and our guests really liked him. He was set-up and ready before guests arrived and was flexible on closing when our timeline was running behind. We have received multiple compliments on the Photo Booth. We highly recommend him and would use him again without hesitation.

Sent on 05/21/2015

• Anne

Anne · Married on 04/25/2015

My new husband Shaun and I can't say enough just how AWESOME Teddy was as DJ for our wedding! Our ceremony was moved indoors at the last minute, and he went out of his way to make the indoor backup site look gorgeous. :) Everything went absolutely perfectly and the night flowed with amazing energy! We got -so- many compliments and I know at least one couple took his card for their future wedding!

Teddy, thank you -so- much for everything you did for us during the past year from the planning to your professionalism. It was a night we will never forget! Anyone would be -crazy- not to hire Your Mix Entertainment!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Your Mix Maui's reply:

What a great review! As ive said in the past. That video game playlist and many of the quirky track selections you guys gave me have stayed in my "utility belt" of dancefloor weapons. One of the best groups of friends I have ever had the pleasure of DJing for!

Thanks again for the review!
    -Teddy
    YourMixMaui.com

Courtney · Married on 03/28/2015

Ted did an awesome job he was very flexible with whatever we asked.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Your Mix Maui

Teddy and Nate you guys were amazing. So professional and awseome to work with, from how the room looked with all the up lighting. Teddy you reLly help make your day special and knowing you had thing under control help us msg relax and have fun. Photo booth no words to decribe it Nate made it so fun and got in there getting people eXcited to go In he even got in with a few guest made for so many memories.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/06/2014

Teddy was a great Dj for our wedding. We were very impressed from the very beginning when we began working with him. Not only was he our Dj, he was our coordinator for the day. My husband and I like to have things planned out well and with the help of Teddy, we were able to have everything for the entire evening planned and taken care of prior to the event. Teddy was extremely responsive and GREAT to work with. Would recommend him to ANYONE!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2014

My new husband and I had an absolutely wonderful experience! I did research online and met Teddy at a bridal expo. I was offered a large discount from another vendor, but even with the discount, we could not beat the value that Your Mix offered. It was clear that Teddy had our best interest in mind! He was so accommodating when we needed it; he offered helpful and creative suggestions. His knowledge of the inner workings of a wedding was incredibly impressive. In the end, we didn't just have a DJ; we had a master of ceremonies. All those worries that come with being a bride were lessened because of how comfortable Teddy made me with his knowledge and thoroughness. His attention to our wants and needs as the couple and the accommodations he made for our families was very appreciated.

The photobooth, too! What a fun addition to our experience! The props! The attendant! The excitement! The keepsake we have now because of the photobooth is priceless!

We are so happy with our experience and definitely recommend Your Mix Entertainment to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Jill · Married on 11/01/2014

If I could give Teddy ten stars, I would without any hesitation whatsoever. My husband and I were immediately impressed with his willingness to work with and personalize his services so they maximized and fit with our ideas for the day. He went the extra mile to meet with us and get to know us as a couple, which was not only fun but incredibly helpful on the big day. As an illustrative example, when the slide show that my husband and I prepared and submitted to our reception site had an error and wouldn't play music, Teddy was prepared with our songs and stepped in to supply the music without any problem or delay -- our guests didn't even know there was any problem! He was interactive and kept the mood throughout our reception fun, light, and celebratory. He was extremely organized and worked closely with us to plan out our day according to our wishes, and our reception was seamless as a result. I really cannot thank him enough for the time and effort he put into ensuring we had a beautiful day that reflected my husband and me perfectly. Additionally, he was an absolute joy and pleasure to work with. He was attentive, professional, and genuinely friendly, nice, and funny. He meshed with our personalities so well and was clearly invested in making our day the best it could be -- and he was very successful! I cannot emphasize enough how highly I recommend him; I guarantee you will not be disappointed with his work.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Your Mix Maui's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words in your review, and for your trust and support of my Family Business! It was our honor to serve and be part of your celebration! ALSO like best food ive EVER had at a wedding, AND the whole thing where we played the academy awards music to tell your dad to wrap up his speech! CLASSIC memory!

Julie · Married on 10/25/2014

We found Ted at a wedding show. Impressed with his thoughtfulness down to what would be shown in pictures we decided to inquire more. The price was a great deal for the service provided. Ted met with us to get a sense of our style. He was prepared with questionnaires that helped defined the style of music we wanted at our wedding. He gave suggestions and also took our requests, made them better and incorporated our wishes into our day. He mixed an important voice message into a song, came up with create ways to still do wedding traditions without taking a lot of time, helped to execute a change of the first dance song order and surprised my husband for his birthday. Ted made everything so easy. We met a few times and those were crucial in discussing our expectations and we were pleased with the results. Ted not only was our DJ keeping the dance floor fun and full the entire night but had a hand in making everything run smoothly. He was in contact with all vendors for the day making sure we stayed on schedule. The time spent planning with him helped us to not worry about a single detail on our wedding day. Now, even a year later people who attended our wedding still talk about “how fun the dance was” and how they “never danced so much at a wedding” in their life. Ted kept the pace on the dance floor flowing so people stayed and danced. I loved his style and have no complaints about the work he does. He was fabulous, easy to work with and thoughtful in the work he does. We would highly recommend Ted to DJ other weddings or events.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Your Mix Maui's reply:

I still tell people to this day about the cupid shuffle voicemail your husband received from the guy who actually made that song!

Beth · Married on 10/18/2014

Ted and his team were fantastic throughout the whole process. If you want a dj that is thorough, professional, prepared, and who provides way more than just music, do not hesitate to book this company. There was never a moment the dance floor wasn't packed. As a bonus, the photo booth was a great addition that our guests loved.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Allison · Married on 10/11/2014

DJ T-Rux is fantastic. Not only is he a dj but he is basically a wedding planner too! He helped organize our day by the minute and even contacted our other vendors and important people to tell them the schedule. He also has the biggest photo booth around and his wife did an excellent job making sure all our guest enjoyed it! I got many complements!

Sent on 10/19/2014

YourMixMaui.Com

Ted was absolutely AMAZING. We met and did a complete planning session several months before the wedding. (Planned down to the minute!!!) It took a long time, but it was completely worth it for the wedding day. He knew so much, which was fabulous because we knew nothing. He made sure we understood everything and always knew what was going on. I felt so relaxed (as much relaxed as a bride can feel...) with Ted in control of all the music and the order of things. He thought about everything before he came and I can honestly say that nothing went wrong! He was very professional and I would recommend him to anyone.

Side note: GET THE PHOTOBOOTH!!!! Our guests LOVED it and we have soooo many hilarious pictures.

He does talk about tipping a lot, which can come across as a little odd after a while, but he and the photobooth operator do a great job :]

Sent on 09/30/2014

Your Mix Maui's reply:

Thanks Miss! Sorry about the tipping conversations, sometimes I forget if I have talked about it or not. But I have to bring it up on behalf of the photobooth operator, because while I as the owner dont really mind if I get a tip or not. As service industry professionals, even though I pay them well for the work, I know that the photobooth operators are going the extra distance to make the booth special for guests while I am busy DJing, and just like a waitress or other server, they are highly motivated by the tips. Your guests were so kind that not only did I give the tip that you and your Mister gave me to the photobooth operator, but some of your guests even gave the operator tips on their own, which was a first for us! Thanks again for choosing us! Great group of friends/family!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/19/2014

OMG where do I start! From the very first time we witnessed the magic that is Your Mix Entertainment (AKA T. Rux), we knew he had to DJ our wedding! What we didn't know was that we were getting not only a DJ but someone who is so detail oriented that he helped lay out our entire day/night from start to finish, quite literally...minute by minute :) The itinerary he typed up was something I referred to quite a bit! Ted had his work cut out with our wedding. We were a very out of the box wedding, so he was able to provide us with not only amazing music, but also an awesome slideshow (highly suggest this), uplighting around the room as well as for our white linen canopy (it was gorgeous!), and he also wired a couple of microphones, my daughter's keyboard, and guitar as she performed during and after the ceremony. He did a sound check beforehand and it sounded perfect!! He catered to our every need and was personal and professional and so friendly. We also rented the photobooth and what a blast that was! Nate was so much fun and everyone loved it!! Also, our music choices were all over the board (from 50s/60s to country line dancing to 90s hiphop) and Ted made it work seamlessly and everyone danced the night away! If you do one thing to make your wedding the most memorable event...hire Your Mix Entertainment. Seriously AMAZING!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Wendy and Brian,

Some of my first customers ever and in a big way, a case study/inspiration for the EXACT type of couples I designed my service for. Such a unique couple, such a unique playlist and a unique look for the whole evening. And thats saying alot from a guy who has been to almost 800 weddings!

I will FOREVER be in your debt!

Thanks so much for getting me started in my own company in many ways! best wishes to the two of you!
    -Teddy Rux