Your Day Your Way! Reviews

84 | Nottingham, MD

84 Reviews for Your Day Your Way!

Your Day Your Way! 1
Your Day Your Way! 2
Your Day Your Way! 3

Elysia · Married on 10/15/2017

Charlene was very responsive and helped out tremendously a few weeks leading up to the wedding, which I was happily surprised about because she was my day-of coordinator. I had a mostly DIY wedding and hadn't properly anticipated just how much time, effort, and money went into DIY. Charlene kept me on a timeline leading up to the wedding to make sure I was getting everything completed and made a timeline for the day that was super helpful. She reached out to vendors to make sure everyone was definitely on time. Only thing that could have been improved upon was that I had a lot of orthodox Jewish elements to my day (my husband's side of the family) and Charlene does not have much experience with that style. However, she was willing to learn and was up to the task. Her pricing was also great compared to others in the area!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Your Day Your Way!'s reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Elysia. Your wedding turned out lovely and we were happy to set up all your DIY elements and to coordinate your very special day.

Diana · Married on 10/03/2010

Charlene was a tremendous help at our wedding - having a day of coordinator was definitely the way to go. From the beginning she was very professional, friendly, warm and extremely organized. She had questions that I never even thought about for the ceremony and reception. She contacted all of my vendors a few days before the big day which was a huge help. Most importantly, she listened and took into consideration what my husband and I really wanted to achieve for our special day. Our wedding was amazing and our family and friends had a great time and we couldn't have done it without Charlene. I would highly recommend her - thanks so much Charlene!!

~ Diana and Adrian Wood

Sent on 10/15/2010

Alexis · Married on 08/09/2008

Charlene and her assistant were really caring and sweet. They made sure we were happy and that the day ran smoothly with no "kinks". They were truly awesome and quite organized!! I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 06/24/2009

Claire · Married on 09/15/2017

4.2
      3.0

Charlene was a good wedding coordinator that helped make my day special! She has a lot of experience to pull from which is always a bonus. She pricing is very affordable which was top of my priority list. Overall, Charlene really assisted in making my day something to remember.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Your Day Your Way!'s reply:

Thank you Claire! I so enjoyed working with you and Sim to coordinate your special day. It was a beautiful wedding and a perfect day. Thank you for allowing me to be your Coordinator!

Heidi · Married on 10/04/2008

4.2
      3.0

Hiring a wedding planner was a great decision for us. It helped us to make sure we covered all of the details weeks before the wedding. Then, day-of, we were able to relax and get ready without worrying about the other vendors. I would recommend Your Day Your Way to assist in any way they can for your wedding.

Sent on 01/08/2009

Rhonda · Married on 11/11/2017

Char really help keep the day of moving along. Thank you for all your help

Sent on 12/15/2017

Your Day Your Way!'s reply:

Thank you Rhonda! It was our pleasure to help you with the set up the day before and to coordinate the wedding day. Everything turned out very nice.
  • Elleni

Elleni · Married on 08/28/2010

3.5
      3.5

I hired Charlene and her assistant Corrine two weeks before my wedding. Everything was planned up to that point, but I needed that extra help for the day of and Charlene definitely filled that spot! She was very affordable and flexible with time. She brought up some great ideas that I had missed. Overall she did a good job.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Calli · Married on 05/14/2016

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

Charlene was nice and easy to work with. I had a good experience with her; however, several guests said she and her team seemed a bit confused and scattered throughout the day.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Your Day Your Way!'s reply:

Thank you for your review Calli. We enjoyed being involved with your wedding. We were not confused and were on top of the schedule the entire day. There were many moving pieces to your wedding and we kept the flow of the guests moving between the Christian Ceremony, the two hospitality breaks, the Baratt, the Hindu Ceremony, the Cocktail Hour and finally the reception. We were not confused but very frustrated and disappointed by the level of service the venue provided. Even though you and I sent the very detailed timeline to the Event Manager, she seemed to be on her own timeline. They threw many curve balls at us which we dealt with. The most frustrating time was when they did not take care of your guests during the second hospitality break. Many of your guests came to me and I explained to them that I did not work for the venue and could not go into the kitchen and get the items and requests they were asking of me. We pitched in and helped in areas that your family had given us specific instructions to let the venue staff handle. We were also on a tight schedule to flip the ceremony room into the reception room and again, we pitched in and put linens on the tables and went beyond what we were asked to do and the only reason we were 10 minutes off schedule, again, was the Event Manager. I’m sorry your guests felt this way and would love to chat with you over the phone about specifics.
  • User7199758 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      3.0

Charlene was great for our day of coordinator! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/13/2016