38 Reviews for Younts Conference Center, Furman University

Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
38 Younts Conference Center, Furman University Reviews

4.7

The staff were very professional and organized. We had an outside vendor bring in chairs and linens and there were no problems with the setup or break down of our event. All the guests loved the food and it was served the way we requested it. The space was perfect for a wedding reception and the dance floor stayed packed due to our awesome DJ from The Party Machine!

Profile Picture User3622775, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.7

We used the Younts Center for the rehersal dinner, and really enjoyed it! They have different menus to pick from, which proved to be really helpful in finding one to accommodate everyone. We chose the Low Country Barbeque buffet option, and everyone who came said it was delicious and that they loved it! Be aware that this is one of only two places where alcohol is allowed on Furman's campus.

Profile Picture Brittany, 1/9/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The chapel was absolutely gorgeous so I did not have to add much decor. There are quite a few rules to abide by, and I would say that is the only downfall to having a ceremony here. Also makes for gorgeous pictures!

Profile Picture Susanna, 4/20/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue and everything was set up exactly as I asked!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/18/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Furman University is a beautiful campus and was a perfect venue to create the overall timeless wedding look we hoped to achieve!

Profile Picture Sundra, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The chapel's requirement that you use one of their coordinators is actually quite great. Mary was a godsend. We didn't have to worry about anything during the rehearsal or the day of. We just showed up and she had things under control.

Also, the chapel is absolutely beautiful and made for stunning pictures, even on a rainy day.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/5/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was amazing. Furman made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing on my special day. They helped me find a wedding coordinator, Amanda Cox, who was amazing! From the food to the reception layout they made sure everything was just how my husband and I wanted it. Our wedding day was a dream come true with no worries, we just enjoyed the day. I would HIGHLY recommend Furman as an event venue for your wedding reception.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
4.2

The chapel is beautiful and well priced!

Profile Picture User4534772, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.1

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony at the Daniel Chapel. It wasn't the cheapest venue, but it was well worth it. They do have strict rules regarding candles among other things, but you have to use one of their approved wedding directors who are familiar with all the rules and help out a ton!! I would recommend using Amanda Crane Cox for your wedding director. She was great to work with and took a lot of stress out of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Erica, 5/24/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Furman was the site for my bridesmaid luncheon- we had a great lunch catered by Aramark at the Cherrydale House, which was a beautiful setting- even in the rain!

Profile Picture Courtney, 3/28/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)
3.2

I loved all the people that worked with us from Younts. However, their caterer, Aramark, was a huge disappointment. I asked for several different canapes. At my tasting, they replaced one of the canapes I requested with a blueberry one. I said several times at that meeting that I didn't want to serve the blueberry one at my reception. The chef told me he would do an apple one instead. When I got to my reception, there were little labels out for all the canapes. One of the labels said Apple, caramel, and boursin. However, there were no apple canapes served. They put out blueberry instead! The director told me that the chef just decided to give us an extra canape, and that there were apple ones at the reception. Well that is a lie. I am a Furman alumni and was truly excited to be back at "home." I would never do business with Aramark again. They just do what they want. They told us we would have two buffet tables. My mother purchased big floral arrangements for both. Then, we only one actual buffet of food. They just made the decision to change without asking me!

Profile Picture Mandy , 4/3/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1.8

While the venue provided the size and acoustics we were looking for, that's where it about ended. The catering is separate so will not be covered in this review. Claire, in charge of the venue made agreements that she didn't follow through with, namely collecting the flowers at the end of the night to give to a nursing home. As a result the parents were saddle with the hassle of empting all the flower vessels and lugging them all home. When the vendor had previously picked them up the following morning Obviously she did not care for the glorious florist we had, or she did not get a "kick back" from one of her preferred florists The tables were rarely, if ever cleared of empty glasses, plates, etc. The bartenders did not keep count of bottles "uncorked" or beer removed from cardboard cases==they left it up to us to "trust" their corking charges. At the end of the night, they were very pushy to get out of the venue even though we paid for additional hours. Claire was a phony salesman until she was paid the total fee than she wanted all the control. She had the nerve to tell the bride she wanted to move an outside bar, inside, two days before the wedding. Although it had been raining, in two days it might have been finel.It did not rain. What coordinator would try to change a bride's plans before the date?!

Profile Picture Pauline, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
1.2

So many things were wrong with my experience that I don't know where to start. All of my issues were with catering. The coordinators were great. First off during my first tasting they have us frozen chicken fingers to taste. I was paying $6000 for catering and they were going to serve frozen chicken fingers. When we called them out on how bad they were they stated the could do hand breaded ones for the same price. Really?? We had to schedule a second tasting to try these when they should have been offered first. The night of the wedding the chicken was dry and the bread on our sliders was falling apart like it was stale. So disappointing.

Second throughout the whole wedding planning I told them multiple times that I didn't want to run out of alcohol. It was the one thing I was worried about for the night. I brought in my own alcohol and went above the necessary amount to ensure that we would not run out. During the wedding one bar was busier than the other and they ran through items faster. Instead of directing people to the other bar or, I don't know, waking to the other bar to grab a bottle, they just told guests we were out. They also closed that bar 30 minutes early yet still made me pay for the bartender. I ended up having some of everything left and $400 worth of alcohol to return. Considering it was my biggest concern you would think they would have made sure that this never occurred. I had guests coming up to me saying they were out of alcohol when I knew they were most definitely not.

Overall we paid a lot of money for a not so great experience with the caterers. I would change my entire wedding plan if I could do it over again.

View Vendor Response