37 Reviews for Younts Conference Center, Furman University

Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
37 Younts Conference Center, Furman University Reviews

4.7

We used the Younts Center for the rehersal dinner, and really enjoyed it! They have different menus to pick from, which proved to be really helpful in finding one to accommodate everyone. We chose the Low Country Barbeque buffet option, and everyone who came said it was delicious and that they loved it! Be aware that this is one of only two places where alcohol is allowed on Furman's campus.

Profile Picture Brittany, 1/9/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our daughter and son in law's wedding was at Furman University's Daniel Chapel and the reception was at Furman's Yount's Conference Center and Cherrydale Alumni House's terrace. We also used DeSantis Pavillion (for the photo booth area). The chapel and reception site proved to be perfection. Having graduated from Furman, our daughter felt this was a perfect venue for her wedding. Mary Hearne was our "Furman approved" event coordinator. (Only approved individuals can assist with coordinating details for the chapel and Yount's.) Mary came highly recommended. From the moment we met for our initial consultation, I knew Mary was going to the perfect individual to facilitate all the details a wedding and reception encompass. She is very organized, provided a wealth of information for vendors, attended each vendor-meeting with me as details were planned and communicated via e-mail and phone throughout the planning period. She was a real god-send! I will never forget on the morning of the wedding, I came to her to obsess about some of the details...she gently hugged me and said, "Mom, I've got this...TODAY you are just the mother of the bride...go..and enjoy your daughter's day." I, indeed, took her advice and had full confidence the day and evening would unfold as planned. To this day, I still appreciate her advice and gentle coaxing for me to leave it all to her. She managed the day's timeline with perfection and kept it all running impeccably. I (we) would highly recommend Mary to anyone that wants a professional, Furman-connected, knowledgeable, coordinator to make your wedding day run smoothly and seamless!

Profile Picture Vicki, 9/25/09, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff members at Younts were incredibly helpful and went above and beyond for our reception! They were always willing and available to meet with you to plan and discuss details of the event... My wedding day was completely stress free because I knew they would handle everything so perfectly- down to the very last detail :) I was VERY pleased with this reception venue! And, they send an awesome goodie bag home with the bride and groom after the wedding!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/23/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chef at Younts is awesome. He took our request to have food that you wouldn't typically see at a reception to heart and came up with an incredible menu. Although the groom and I didn't have the time to truly enjoy the food, what we did have was delicious. Every single person who I have spoken with about our wedding has complimented the food--I wish I could go back in time and taste it all!

Profile Picture Meridyth, 4/25/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Beautiful venue and everything was set up exactly as I asked!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/18/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Furman was the site for my bridesmaid luncheon- we had a great lunch catered by Aramark at the Cherrydale House, which was a beautiful setting- even in the rain!

Profile Picture Courtney, 3/28/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

ABSOLUTELY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! And the Younts Conference center, which is where we held the reception, has some of the best catering! I was actually worried about the dry food you sometimes experience at weddings. I can honestly say that the staff at both the chapel and conference center worked hard to make sure that we had exactly what we wanted for our wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/1/08, 6 Reviews
4.1

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony at the Daniel Chapel. It wasn't the cheapest venue, but it was well worth it. They do have strict rules regarding candles among other things, but you have to use one of their approved wedding directors who are familiar with all the rules and help out a ton!! I would recommend using Amanda Crane Cox for your wedding director. She was great to work with and took a lot of stress out of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Erica, 5/24/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Cherrydale Alumni house where both my ceremony and reception were held were absolutely wonderful!

Profile Picture Brandi, 5/10/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Easy to work with, great results!

Profile Picture Donna, 4/26/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chapel provided a FANTASTIC venue for the ceremony. While there are very specific guidelines as to what can happen during the ceremony (video, photo, etc.), the look and feel of the chapel is well worth the difference.

The Younts Conference Center offered many nice options for the reception, and Meredith helped out immensely. The morning of the event, the folks were there, willing to help, and offered as much assistance as possible!

Profile Picture Grayson, 11/10/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked the Daniel Chapel and the Younts Conference Center for our wedding. You won't find a more beautiful chapel, and the Younts Center provides you so much more room than other reception venues offer. To reserve the chapel, you must use one of their wedding coordinators, but this turned out to be such a huge blessing! I recommend Jean Baiden, she was wonderful! The conference center went above and beyond, even copying our monogram seal from our invitations and posting it on their plasma tvs as you first enter. Don't be scared to book here! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/16/06, 7 Reviews