Younique Vallarta Weddings Reviews

Younique Vallarta Weddings 5
Younique Vallarta Weddings 6
Younique Vallarta Weddings 7

Gloria · Married on 10/22/2016

Kelley with Younique Vallarta weddings is a God send!!!!!!! I was extremely nervous about planning a wedding, even more a destination wedding but she made everything so stress free and easy! She was always available to answer any questions and would always get back to me quickly and didn't make me wait around. She always gave me realistic and concrete time frames so I knew what to expect. She was very knowledgeable when it came to different ideas and trends that brides are now adding and doing. She goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need and really works with you on finding what meets your budget but still making everything look absolutely stunning. You can also really feel how much she loves her job and is always happy to help even if you have a million questions or are a scatterbrain like I am. She really does go above and beyond and far exceeded my expectations on everything she did. I also loved that she wanted to make sure we were on the same page about what I envisioned for my wedding instead of pushing me on what it should be or how she wanted to it to be.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Sandra · Married on 05/20/2016

I don't know what I would have done without Kelley! Planning a wedding in Puerto Vallarta at a venue I'd never seen from thousands of miles away should have been stressful. But with Kelley, it was actually fun. She really listened to our love story, got to know our family, and paid so much attention to our dreams for our day. She never tried to talk us above our budget and on our wedding day, every small detail we dreamt about was presented beautifully. She even planned a super sneaky surprise slideshow with my best friend that had us in tears. I cannot recommend Kelley Kahrhoff enough.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sandra · Married on 05/20/2016

Kelley helped me plan a wedding that was above and beyond what I had imagined could be possible. Somehow, after only communicating via email she turned my ideas into reality. She was also able to do this at a very reasonable cost. I was traveling with children from Seattle and she was incredibly kind to them. She worked with multiple vendors as well as assisting us with the legal documentation for the marriage certificate.
    I cannot recommend Younique Vallarta Weddings highly enough. If you are considering getting married in Puerto Vallarta, she will not disappoint.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Christine · Married on 04/22/2016

We just had our wedding in Puerto Vallarta on April 22 and Kelley was amazing throughout the whole process - I cannot recommend her enough! We had our ceremony at Our Lady of Guadalupe and the reception at Villa Celeste.

My mom and I flew down to PV in September 2015 to scout out a few venues and meet with Kelley. As soon as we met, I knew she was a great fit for me and my family. She's very easy-going, funny and friendly. She's also a cut-to-the-chase type of person, which is right up my alley. She arranged a tasting with our caterer (Bravos) while we were in town and several hotel and villa tours. She spent a lot of time with us and I was so grateful that she was so engaged even though I knew she was working with several other brides at the same time! There was also a mini hurricane the night of our tasting (which was outside next to the pool) and she was so sweet to make sure my mom and I got back to our hotel safely even though I know she was worried about her own family at home! That's just the type of person she is. And it was a really fun night and great memory! :)

Kelley was definitely busy leading up to our wedding, but it never bothered me because she would always check in and give me updates. It was appreciated. I also had a very specific vision in mind for every last detail of the wedding and Kelley was very receptive to taking my ideas and photos and just making my vision come to life. And that she did. She handled all the coordination of my ceremony and reception, my signage, all of my tableware, floral, cake, decor, transportation, cigar roller, donkey, Cuban band, DJ, mariachi band - you name it, she did it! And she did it well!

I was so relaxed and stress-free during my whole wedding and that is 100% because I had amazing vendors who I trusted completely. (Check out my review of Ave Sol Photography). I still have people talking about my wedding and I know that will continue for years to come because of Kelley's amazing work! Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Brenda · Married on 04/09/2016

Kelley did an amazing job planning our wedding at Villa Celeste! I had originally booked another wedding planner but the communication was horrible so I did my homework and found wonderful reviews regarding Younique Vallarta Weddings. From the start, Kelley was quick to answer my emails. Her emails were so friendly and always managed to calm me down during my bridezilla stages. The vendors she works with quoted me almost half the cost of what the original wedding planner had quoted me! I really felt like Kelley was like one of my girlfriends throughout the wedding planning. She understood what I wanted, kept within my budget and gave us wonderful suggestions. I also really enjoyed that Kelley is a mom of two beautiful girls so she knew what I was going through planning a wedding with 4 kids. Her girls and her husband even came to our welcome dinner and they were definitely like part of our family! I can’t thank Kelley and her team enough for making my wedding vision come to life! I won’t ever forget walking up the steps to Villa Celeste after the ceremony and being in aww of how beautiful everything looked! Totally exceeded my expectations!! Thank you for everything Kelley!! I can’ wait to get back to Vallarta to hang out with you guys again!

Sent on 05/06/2016

kelsey · Married on 02/28/2016

The reviews say it all! Kelley was an absolute pleasure to work with. The whole process was stress-free; which is pretty incredible considering the distance between us! From day one Kelley was professional, prompt and fun! She made the process enjoyable. We met Kelley and headed over to the venue (Martoca Beach Garden) for the first time and it was like we were already friends. The day of the wedding was absolutely PERFECT; thanks to Kelley and her team. The venue was something from a magazine (not kidding)… the flowers were stunning. Even guys that don’t usually notice flowers… noticed these ones! Haha! The photographer (Ulesis), the food, the décor, the music, the transportation, the ceremony, the fireworks (my fav!) and officiant all exceeded our expectations. I would recommend Kelley (and Martoca) to anyone out there looking to partake in a destination wedding. We had 73 guests… and Kelley still managed to fit everything into our budget. It’s impressive to look back and realize that amount of money went that far. Everything was so well organized! These are not your typical hotel weddings… Kelley’s weddings are extravagant. I wish I could go back and relive that whole week over again; because it really was that stress-free and that amazing. We are already looking for another reason to go celebrate with Kelley and maybe even Martoca again. Kelley really is the definition of a wedding planner. She has set the bar so high! I could type and type forever… I think I have summed up the perfection of Kelley and Younique Vallarta Weddings.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Judy · Married on 12/03/2015

Kelley Kahrhoff of Younique Vallarta Weddings is the epitome of what a wedding planner should be. I am a travel agent for a couple who married at Martoca Beach & Gardens December 3, 2015. Kelley went above & beyond our expectations in all areas of the wedding planning & hiring all vendors relevant to the wedding - food, décor, dj, flowers & when the photographer we had hired notified us he had the chickenpox 24 hours prior to the wedding, Kelley found us a great replacement Ulises L Guerrero - he was fabulous and offered more services than we originally had booked.

Kelley and her staff exceeded my couples expectations of what their wedding day would be in every aspect. She is bilingual (English/Spanish) which is integral to working with vendors in the Nuevo Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit region.

We had original chosen the RIU Pacifico & as costs continued to mount it seemed at every turn, we were ecstatic to work with Martoca Beach as the venue & Kelley as the planner. Wedding planning is a lot of work but if you work with the right people you'll be rewarded.

Kelley is a true professional, cool as a cucumber and knows where and who can best make your wedding day or celebration a wonderful & memorable experience.

Mucho Gracias my friend,

Judy Beal, TravelOnly Brantford ON Canada

Sent on 12/11/2015

Angela · Married on 11/11/2015

We were looking for a wedding venue different from a Hotel Resort. So had finally found a venue but then we needed a wedding planner. We were referred Kelley from Younique Vallarta Weddings. Right from the beginning Kelley was amazing & always prompt at returning emails & giving advice. Kelley would also give us options & personal opinions of the vendors she was referring to us. It was always super hard to choose so when we would ask for opnion she had something positive to say about all of them. She would never pressure me or my husband (then finance) who to choose. The most important thing for me was the amount of contact I got from Kelley, I've heard stories where you are only allowed so many emails with your planner, with Kelley she never limited our emails. I was even able to face time her to show her the exact wedding color I had chosen. I feel like I made a new friend out of this. She was always so happy in her emails sending smiley faces and "Lols" she made me feel very comfortable. I was confidant that she was, and would make my wedding day amazing! I even emailed her about 1 month before the wedding asking for waterfall beads behind the head table and she was able to find exactly what I was looking for. No one waited for a drink or even there meals, the amount of servers she had organized to come were just enough.Kelley had found everything, organized &contacted everyone from the caterer, servers, bartenders, décor people, Dj, photographer, videographer & people to set up our fire works! Kelley was also even able to recommend limo services and bus pick ups. She organized the whole day right down to different pick up times when some guests wanted to leave early, she stayed the entire evening. I will be for ever grateful for everything she did for me,organizing all the staff &venue. The whole team she brought to the venue were amazing! ! If you are like me,looking for a wedding off the resort with no hassle, privacy& good service Younique is the way to go.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Angelica · Married on 05/09/2015

I can't put into words how amazing Kelley was, evey step of the way. She made my BIG day absolutely amazing. she worked with my budget even though a month before the wedding it was cut in half. she made my budget work nothing was missing it was absolutely the wedding of my dreams. she didn't mind my crazy Mexican family. I could have not asked for anything more. she paid attention to every little detail I had asked for, and went above and beyond for everything I wanted and needed on my big day and before that. planning a destination wedding and not being there to be a scary thing.Kelly and her team are wonderful at what they do and very professional. if anyones looking for a wedding plannet un Puerto Vallarta. Younique Vallsrta Weddings is the team to go with.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Libby · Married on 05/08/2015

How do I even begin to describe how thankful I was to have Kelley helping me through the long, daunting process of planning a destination wedding. She was exceptional. I felt immediately comfortable with her, and it was obvious that she was really listening to what I wanted/didn't want, and dedicated to make the day perfect for me. (Which she did.) Kelley was fun and so pleasant to work with, and I was genuinely excited to see her when we first met, and sad to tell her bye when it was all over. I would recommend her in a heartbeat, should you find yourself getting married in PV.

Sent on 07/23/2015

lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

I could not recommend Kelley at Younique more!!! We had about 10 months to plan a wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We fell in love with the city years back and knew the venue we wanted, even though it was not a traditional venue and was more complex to work with and get the vendor to....all via boat. Kelley worked with the owner to secure it and all was well. To my HORROR, the owner pulled out three months before. I was shocked and terrified we wouldn't find anything. Kelley did everything she could to find an even better venue and she succeeded!! The event space she found was absolutely amazing, and it kept getting better. She found the best food vendor we loved, AND the price of the entire event ended up coming in much less than we were prepared to pay at the "other place".

Kelley also brought all my ideas to light from the decor, to the lighting, to the flowers, everything. I simply sent her pictures of everything I wanted, she proposed a budget for each item and worked to make everything perfect. I would HIGHLY suggest using Kelley for your wedding planning needs in and around Puerto Vallarta. She is amazing to work with and I couldn't be happier with the results!!! Thank you Kelley and Team!!! XO

Lauren and Brett Simonson

Sent on 05/28/2015

Tiffanie · Married on 02/21/2015

This review is long overdue. We were planning a wedding in Vallarta 02/2015 and had to change planners that December which was terrifying. Kelley and her team performed miracles. She's just phenomenal. Very patient, professional and creative. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator nor a more beautiful wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Dawn · Married on 12/13/2014

Kelley--please forgive me for not doing this sooner!!!!!!!

Wow--where to start. From immediately understanding the overall theme of our wedding to her creative vision in suggesting special décor, party favors and our amazing wedding huppah, Kelley went above and beyond for us and coordinated an amazing wedding that our guests still can't stop talking about, not to mention the best day of my entire life. Every vendor she used and/or recommended us was absolutely fantastic (i.e. Karla Benitez Photography, Luis the DJ, Joel Salon, Alley Cat, Daiquiri Dick's, etc, etc).

As if the wedding day itself weren't enough, Kelley also helped us out so much with activities for our guests throughout the entire long weekend. She recommended a fabulous booze cruise (Alley Cat) out of Sayulita, and even came to our rehearsal dinner at Daiquiri Dick's to make sure that everything was going smoothly. Kelley went above and beyond for us and I am so thankful that she was our wedding coordinator.

Planning a destination was a daunting task, especially for a Type A personality like myself. With Kelley, know that everything is going to turn out perfectly and just how you explained your vision to her. Thank you for everything, Kelley!!!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Living in Canada and planning a non-resort "cookie cutter" wedding in Puerto Vallarta, myself was too much of a challenge. I had unique venues, chef and photgrapher booked myself...the rest I could not put together. I hired Kelly and my stress was gone! Kelly was oraganized and well connected. I explained what I wanted out of the day and step by step Kelly and I communicated and the details came together. We met in PV when I arrived to go over last minute details. She was able to hammer out a realistic time line for the day, bouquets, flower arrangemets, tables, chairs, lininens, glasses, a great DJ with lights, violinst,marichi,pastery chef, minister etc...She was onsite to supervise both the chapel decor and reception. She was able to make special arrangements like a lasso made soley of orchids! I was very imprssed with her proffesionalism and willing to go the extra mile (and she did!) in order to make my wedding exactly what I wanted. Kelly and her team were such a breath of fresh air and resonably priced. I highly reccomend:)

Sent on 04/16/2015

Mona · Married on 04/21/2013

Kelley Kahrhoff and Younique Vallarta Weddings made our wedding day so beautiful and memorable. Planning a destination wedding for a city that you've never been to and with a wedding planner that you've never met in person is scary! Thankfully, Kelley worked with us over email by providing us with options, details, photos, and helpful links. We chose to get married at Terra Noble, which was being remodeled, and Kelley took the time to go on-site and take pictures of how the remodel was coming along so that we could get an idea how it was going to look for our wedding.

Although she is laid-back and relaxed over email, you can see that she is very detail-oriented, hard-working, and a perfectionist in person. Once we arrived to Puerto Vallarta on the week of our wedding, Kelley met with us in person to go over the final details. She also showed us around and drove us to Terra Noble so we could see in person, introduced us to the owner/Chef of the restaurant that was serving our reception dinner, and also introduced us to the owner of the restaurant where we held our rehearsal dinner. Kelley always came through for us especially on the day of our wedding. She worked extra hard under pressure to make our dream wedding unique and memorable. With me being Indian and my husband being Filipino, it was important for us to embrace our heritages during the ceremony.

Kelley worked her magic and not only found us a fire pit that matched our wedding theme, but also a matching lasso/chord. And she even found a bakery nearby that baked the BEST tasting vegan cake that we’ve ever had. Kelley is patient, friendly, supportive and highly skilled at wedding planning. We would recommend her to anyone who is considering a "younique" wedding in or near Puerto Vallarta!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kathleen · Married on 05/27/2012

I got my dream wedding! I wasn’t sure with the budget I was given and the quality of weddings I had seen online that I would be able to have my dream wedding . . . until I met Kelley! Living in Orange County, Ca most of my friends had over the top weddings ($30,000 flower bills) so I always thought my wedding was going to look super budget compared to theirs, but I ended up having the wedding of my dreams! First off one of the greatest things about Kelley is her ability and enthusiasm to work with whatever budget you have. Instead of simply shaking her head & telling you it can’t be done, she will find venues, caters, photographers etc. that are within your budget. Second, Kelley goes WAY above and beyond the call of duty. The week of my wedding she also had several other weddings events. My parents were shocked when they found this out because she spent so much time with me. She came to my hotel to help us finish assembling all my programs, favors, place cards etc. She took to me to a floral mock-up for my centerpieces. She took my mom and me champagne tasting. She took my whole family to visit the venue a few days before the wedding. When she spotted a specific type of orchid I wanted for my bouquet at Costco cheaper than the floral supplier a couple days before my wedding, she took me to Costco to buy orchid plants and stored them all at her house! She also managed to surprise me with the wedding flower everyone told me I would never be able to get in PV in late May; peonies!!! I didn’t feel I had a WC, I felt I had a friend in PV making my wedding happen. Finally what makes Kelley truly stand apart from other WCs is her personality! Through the whole planning process she keeps her brides feeling so encourages and excited. On the actual day of the wedding, she will keep you calm and assured that everything will and is going perfectly and by the reception she will be dancing and celebrating with you.

Sent on 04/19/2015
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 03/26/2016

I can't count the amount of emails that went back and forth between Kelley and me leading up to the wedding. It was nerve wracking to plan a wedding in Puerto vallarta while living in California, but she easily put us at ease. From the moment we decided to work with her, she responded to all of our questions in detail and helped us feel relaxed and focused on just having a good time. And that is just what we did! She made all of our wedding wishes come to life. We wanted a donkey, she made it happen. Mariachis? Check. The day of the wedding she was there bright and early with her team to ensure every detail was addressed. The entire day went so smoothly because of her and I can't thank her enough. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Jenny · Married on 08/14/2009

Kelley turned my fairy tale wedding into a reality. She is a pleasure to work with! I'd recommend her anytime!

Sent on 11/20/2017