You Kai Creations Reviews

You Kai Creations 5
You Kai Creations 6
You Kai Creations 7

Leanne · Married on 04/06/2019

Awesome, fun, professional photographer!

I can’t say enough good things about Kevin. He did an amazing job with both our engagement and wedding photos. When I was searching for wedding photographers that could capture a photojournalistic and candid style, Kevin’s portfolio was one of the first ones that I came across. After researching and pricing other photographers in the Houston area, Kevin had such a reasonable rate for the services that he offers. He was so friendly and informative during our initial phone conversation that I didn’t really hesitate when it came time to book. We met him for the first time during our engagement shoot and had a blast! He was great with following our direction for what we envisioned for our photos but was also quick to offer suggestions. When it came to the wedding day, he put everyone at ease and captured some really beautiful moments from our day. Never once did I feel that I had a camera in my face during those big emotional moments throughout the day. I was ecstatic to get our sneak peek literally within a week, the pictures were so beautiful!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    You Kai Creations 8
    You Kai Creations 9
    You Kai Creations 10
    You Kai Creations 11

You Kai Creations's reply:

Thanks for the great review Leanne! I had a blast working with the both of you for the engagement shoot and wedding! The locations were both amazing (JW Marriott Downtown and the Houston Graffiti Wall + Discovery Green). The wedding was also a ton of fun and there were so many awesome moments throughout!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/23/2019

Professional and energetic photographer!!

We received our photos several weeks after the wedding day which was a very pleasant surprise. I was impressed on how quickly we got all our photos from Kevin since I heard from my friends that theirs took at least 8 months to a year when working with different photographers. Kevin was able to get us sneak peaks shortly after the wedding and everything else several weeks after that! AMAZING!! Kevin is very energetic and is good at maintaining that energy throughout the big day showing no signs of slowing down as the day went on. Spoke with him several times before the big day to make sure we were on the same page when it came to what kind of photos I was looking for (even sent him some Pinterest inspo) and timing. I felt like he really listened to me on what I wanted and did his best to incorporate it. Kevin was great at instructing us on how to pose to make sure we got different shots/angles since me and the groom were a little awkward trying to pose. My makeup/hair stylist was being pushy that day and wanted to do things her way (timing and place) but Kevin stood up for me several times to her so I didn't have to look like the bad guy (Thanks Kevin!!). Overall, professional and courteous, would definitely recommend 10/10!

Sent on 08/22/2019

You Kai Creations's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! I did what I had to do with the make up artist! Michelle had a beautiful (and expensive!) bridal suite overlooking the mountains and the ocean and the make up artist wanted her to come up to a small room on top of the mountain without a view! Michelle was too nice to tell the make up artist directly, so I kindly told the make up artist that I didn't think it was a good idea. Michelle also took us on an awesome waterfall tour where we got a bunch of photos of them just hiking and hanging out as a couple that was extremely memorable for me as a photographer. (This has turned into a client review instead of a wedding photography review response, haha). (Also, for those looking through these review reply's. I'm friends with the vast majority of my clients when the weddings are over, so it's a bit strange to respond to reviews afterwards when I still message or keep in contact with them anyways.)
  • springbride

Rebecca · Married on 03/02/2019

The best wedding photographer!!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our wedding photos! Kevin was an amazing photographer and he captured every moment perfectly. From the first message I sent him, he always responded quickly and professionally and was great about answering all my questions. Kevin and his assistant photographed our day for eight hours and he never slowed down! I loved his energy and he kept everyone laughing the whole day. Even with the very limited direction I was able to give him, my pictures are exactly what I had envisioned. The turnaround time for our pictures was extremely quick, but every photo we received had been edited with great attention to detail. We also got an amazing variety of pics, which I loved! No two poses were the same. Absolutely worth every penny and you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019
    You Kai Creations 12
    You Kai Creations 13
    You Kai Creations 14
    You Kai Creations 15

You Kai Creations's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review Rebecca! I had a great time working with you two on the day of the wedding also! You two were such a cute couple and made the day go by super easily. It's a bit strange to reply to a review on WeddingWire considering we're friends on Facebook now, but I should definitely do what all the other photographers do. xD
  • Anu.Michael

Anu.Michael · Married on 02/09/2019

Take the plunge, send a message, and you will be IMPRESSED!

Kevin went above and beyond for us. We wanted a mix of editorial photos that remain timeless as well as candid pictures where we could reminisce a particular moment and he accomplished both, beautifully. As ours was a DIY wedding and multiple days, we at first were concerned that he was a bit outside our budget but he worked with us to customize a package that fit our needs. On top of that, when there was unfortunate emergency, he was able to roll with the punches and as the schedule kept changing, he didn't break a sweat and helped the bridal party significantly so we could stay on track and lifting our mood as well as as our guests!
    Weddings are stressful enough as is but Kevin at You Kai Creations took care of all our photography needs giving us peace of mind on our big day and after, a boatload of these amazing pictures that we shall treasure forever!

Sent on 08/27/2019

You Kai Creations's reply:

Thanks Anu! I had a great time working with you and Michael on the day of the wedding. (Also, thanks for giving me a review right after I asked, haha).

Tina · Married on 09/22/2018

Kevin was very professional, yet friendly and a blast to work with! He was always early/on time, organized, and fully prepared for our meetings. He is also very communicative and listens carefully to your requests to bring your vision to life. Our wedding day was a bit chaotic but Kevin managed to run around and collect all the shots we wanted of our family members and even some unexpectedly beautiful portraits of my husband and I. Though he captured all the big moments, we never felt like he was being obnoxiously intrusive or sticking a lens in our faces during emotional moments. On top of all that, I contacted and priced most of the photographers that were available in the Houston area and his rate was one of the lowest. Our photos were beautiful, and were ready almost immediately after we got back from our honeymoon. I would give more than five stars if I could!

Sent on 10/13/2018

You Kai Creations's reply:

Thanks Tina for the review! I'd take more than five stars if I could as well xD! It was a great wedding at The Grand Hall!

Angie · Married on 05/26/2018

Please dont hesitate to contact Kevin. You will not be disappointed. I had reached out to Kevin because I loved his work and his style, but after working with him, I don't think I could've asked for better experience with a photographer. He was the most responsive photographer out of everyone I contacted and gave amazing wedding planning advice. He's detailed, extremely thoughtful, and processes photos with ninja speed. Our session took place when the rainy cold front came into Houston and 1) he allowed us to reschedule 2 times to avoid rainy skies/muddy floors and 2) he brought hand warmers for us for our session! He is the absolute sweetest. Just reach out and you'll see what I mean :)

Sent on 02/04/2018

Kim · Married on 12/29/2017

Kevin did such an awesome job on our photos ! From the beginning til the end, Kevin has been super helpful and patient. He did both our engagement and wedding photos! Showed up super early, as a matter of fact he and his assistant were the first people who showed up! And they stayed til the party ended.! Coming from a big family, it’s so hard to get everyone together for pictures and Kevin did such a great job at staying calm and focused! He’s so good with candid photos and we love his style !! He’s also very professional and quick at responding to emails!! We highly recommend him and We will for sure book him again for future events. !!

Thank you Kevin!

You Kai Creations 21
    You Kai Creations 22
    You Kai Creations 23

Trung · Married on 12/29/2017

I actually found Kevin and You Kai Creations on a random internet search for wedding photographers for my approaching wedding. I researched his website with his portfolio of work. I told my wife that she should seriously look at his website and online portfolio. We hired him after meeting with him. He has very flexible and affordable packages as well as guiding us along the wedding planning in addition to providing a timeline for the day 5 months out. His work ethic and attentiveness to get to knowing his clients stood out as well. He called, texted and emailed give us updates and reminders of things we should be doing and preparing for. He stayed with my wife and I throughout the whole day of the wedding and never had us without a photographer more than 10 feet away from us. I took me a good part of a day to look at all of the photos his team snapped during the wedding. His work product and creativity are second to none. We plan on hiring him again for family photos.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Amy Lu · Married on 10/07/2017

Kevin is extremely detailed and professional, willing to go the extra mile for that great shot and willing to work with us to get what we wanted. We love his work and look forward to working with him again in the future.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    You Kai Creations 31
    You Kai Creations 32
    You Kai Creations 33

Chan · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Kevin to take our engagement and wedding photos. He did a great job on both! We received sneak pictures of our engagement and wedding photos within less than two weeks. He is very professional, personable, and flexible. It was very helpful that Kevin had multiple forms of communication throughout the process (e.g., phone, text, email, face-to-face). He was always responsive. Kevin is very open to feedback and suggestions, and will execute your ideas to your liking. If you are camera-shy or simply just don’t know what the heck you are doing, he will provide you with great ideas and poses. Overall I had a great experience working with Kevin, and our pictures are amazing. I highly recommend You Cai Creations!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Jim · Married on 12/20/2016

Mr. Yang takes fantastic photos. He really captured our engagement picture by picture. Would highly recommend to all my friends and family

Sent on 01/18/2017

Mae · Married on 09/14/2016

Kevin was very professional when he took our engagement photos. I personally loved how he tailored the photoshoot according to our personality and got to know us as a couple. He was professional throughout the whole time and really captured the moment between my significant other and I. His prices are also reasonable for the quality provided - I felt like it was such a good steal! I would highly recommend Kevin and his team at You Kai Creations!!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Soo Jin · Married on 05/21/2016

Great service, flexible, and bubbly character - definitely knows how to make you smile during your photoshoot.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Dae · Married on 01/07/2012

Definitely top notch. When he took maternity photos for me and my wife, we had so much fun that we forgot it was a session. He really showcased the best of what we wanted.

Kevin is accommodating, friendly, and very professional. He seems very eager to continue growing in his craft and it shows in his work ethic (and product!). I would absolutely book him again and highly recommend others to do so as well.

Sent on 01/11/2017