You Are the Star Weddings Reviews

28 | Tacoma, WA

28 Reviews for You Are the Star Weddings

If you want to actually enjoy your wedding- then you hire Atiya and her crew!!! They are simply THE BEST. I don't have the words to say how grateful I am for her! After the wedding, a number of guests were commenting on how professional she and her staff were and how they kept things going smoothly!
    If anything went wrong for our wedding- I never knew! Atiya handled everything BEFORE it was even brought to my attention; and I can honestly say that everything went just as I wanted!
    Want your venue to look beautiful? Atiya does your set up, clean up AND gets the gifts safely into your car without you ever worrying about them. She understands decor and presentation. Even my photographer commented on how beautiful our altar was- it was all Atiya!
    And did I mention how much $$$ we saved by using her? She lets you use her linens at a fee that is pennies to what the caterer charges you. She did all of our decor for minimal cost (she lets you use whatever she has in her magical wedding closet for free!); she found vendors for us at great pricing and even helped us to save with our wedding video. (We couldn't afford a photographer and a videographer so we had GoPros available to use and record moments- Atiya's crew recorded all of our main moments for us so our friends didn't have to! We were then able to submit the cameras and have a fabulous video made).
    My mother was so thankful for Atiya. Mothers are always worried they will have to keep the wedding going so their daughter can enjoy- Atiya did EVERYTHING! We both were able to have fun and relax.
    She is budget friendly- everything a bride is looking for. She will keep you on track, help you in any way, and ensure that you and your family just enjoy your day! I can't say enough.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Joan · Married on 08/29/2015

Aliya is the best! As the mother of the bride I had no worries the day of the wedding. She and her staff were running the show so we could all just have fun the day of the wedding. I know she helped my daughter immensely with all details in the months prior to the wedding. I would highly recommend "You are the Star Weddings" for a wedding planner service.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2015

My husband and I were super hesitant on getting a wedding planner or day of coordinator for our 4th of July (200 guest count!) wedding. We thought we could handle all the goings on that were coming so quickly. We were soooo wrong!! Looking back on it, we absolutely without a doubt chose the right woman for the job! Atiya was such a marvelous individual to work with! She had us focused on items that we never would have thought of, she gave priceless advice and kept us on our toes as far as sticking to our timeline of events...(P.S. she did all this while being pregnant & then giving birth to a beautiful baby girl!!!) She truly loves what she does for a living and is super dedicated to making sure your vision is exactly what you get for your perfect day!! Our day was absolutely flawless & gorgeous! The only thing WE forgot was the garter belt...but her staff had an extra & saved the day! Thank goodness for her & her staff! These ladies truly made our day the most talked about wedding of the summer by far!!!!! I'm recommending Atiya to any & everyone for all kinds of parties, but especially weddings! She really is talented & was worth every penny & some! Her willingness to come to you to meet up for planning days & her quick responses were much appreciated also, a class act in our opinion! We are so very honored to have her be a part of our Happily Ever After!!!!! Thanks You Are The Star Weddings!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Atiya was and her crew were wonderful! Throughout the whole planning process they were very on top of things and always responded quickly to any questions/concerns I had! Our day went very smoothly!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Pamela · Married on 05/30/2015

Atia was my wedding planner. I can't say enough how amazing she was. The reception was absolutely gorgeous she knew exactly what I had in mind and went above and beyond of anything I could have imagined. I highly recommend using this company it was so nice being able to relax and enjoy my wedding instead of stressing that everything was done. She is truly a rockstar oh and she was pregnant and still blew us away!!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Atiya was absolutely wonderful !! She was there for all our thousand and one questions. My daughter wedding was so beautiful all thanks to Atiya .

Sent on 07/14/2015

Tina · Married on 07/25/2014

Atiya was amazing! I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day! She took on tasks even weeks before just to make sure I wasn't stressed or worries about anything. She was professional and made my vision complete! I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator for my special day and would recommend her services to anyone! She is great at what she does!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Atiya was amazing. She was extremely helpful and listened to what I envisioned for my day. I could not have had the wedding I wanted without her! She was worth every single penny and I would not hesitate to hire her again!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Crystal · Married on 12/31/2013

The title “Wedding Planner” really doesn’t seem to do justice to the job that Atiya and her staff perform. I think Wedding Savior comes closer. When I walked past the You Are the Star’s booth at the Tacoma Wedding Expo I have to admit I had thought a Wedding Planner was a luxury that only couple’s with huge wedding budgets had use for. However, Atiya has made me a believer! I talked to several other wedding planners at the expo, but it wasn’t until I met Atiya that I started to think there might be something to this whole wedding planner “thing” after all. I made an appointment to meet with her, much to my fiancé’s chagrin, to discuss in detail what services she offered. After going over everything You Are the Star offers and discussing our wedding with us, she not only had me sold but my fiancé was ready to sign a contract on the spot! During the planning stages Atiya was able to take our theme and ideas and create something truly magical I never would have been able to pull off without her. Not only was our wedding beautiful, but the money Atiya saved us on things like decorations, chair cover rentals, flowers, and table settings added up to over half of what we were paying her! But where Atiya and her staff REALLY shine is on day of services. Not having to worry about ANYTHING on my wedding day allowed my fiancé and me to really enjoy the moment. They did all the hours of setting up, making sure all the vendors were set up properly and on time, dealing with last minute emergencies, keeping things on schedule, and making sure everyone, not just the groom and I, had a wonderful time. And as the night was ending, her staff packed up everything in our cars for us so we were able to enjoy ourselves right up to the end of the evening. It went so well my guests were commenting on how wonderful Atiya and her staff were! It truly was a magical evening thanks to my wedding saviors from You Are the Star Weddings!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2013

It was great to work with Atiya and her staff from (youarethestarweddings). Having someone by your side throughout the entire planning process was such a blessing. She made the process fun and way because of all the great things they provided with their service.

Sent on 11/08/2013

You Are the Star Weddings's reply:

Thank you!

I kept saying over and over during the wedding planning process that hiring Atiya Canley of You Are The Star Wedding And Events as my wedding planner/coordinator was the best decision I made vendor-wise. I met Atiya at the Tacoma Wedding Expo and from the get go she was dedicated to creating my perfect day. She offered great ideas and always had a solution from problems that came along the way. She was great at keeping me organized and on track with all of my DIY projects and was such a Godsend when she took everything from me a month from the wedding! She saved us thousands of dollars by finding us less expensive but amazing vendors, letting us borrow items she already had, and by offering creative money-saving ideas. We went into the process convinced we couldn’t afford to hire a planner and came out wondering how we would have afforded NOT to hire a planner. The day of was seamless – she identified almost every problem before anyone else did and was still there by my side to make sure I was doing okay. She was an essential part of our big day and I couldn’t imagine what I would have donet without her.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Bryan · Married on 08/08/2013

Atiya and her staff were awesome!! All the vendors recommended were a joy to work with professional and courteous. The one vendor my wife and I chose not recommended by Atiya forgot the date of the most important date of our lives together. All I can say is the Deejay was 2 hours late but her team was absolutely WONDERFUL. The wedding started on time she made a mountain out of a mole hill and the day was as eventful as ever. If she wasn't there that day I don't want to know what the outcome would be if we didn't have her. Thank goodness for your tact and foresight the wedding looked beautiful and the only people who knew there was a glitch was the wedding party.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Sharon · Married on 06/29/2013

Atiya took so much stress off the day that it was amazing! She did what I expected that she would do, plus so much more. I would recommend her to anyone, and hope she is still around when my other kids are ready to get married. The flowers/decorations looked gorgeous! Several members of my family commented about how fabulous she was. She was very professional, and I am so thankful that she was there on my daughter's special day!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Dianne · Married on 06/29/2013

Atiya and her staff were experienced and professional. Atiya was dedicated to the wedding being exactly what the bride and groom wanted. She worked tirelessly to ensure that every little detail was perfect. Her experience enables her to anticipate potential problems and eradicate them. She gathers information to determine what the couple wants, and that is exactly what they get. She can give suggestions, if desired. She has the experience to be able to suggest a myriad of possibilities. However, she makes sure that the couple's desires are adhered to. Atiya takes the time to build an understanding relationship with the couple and the parents. In this way, she is certain to facilitate an amazing day that leaves everyone content. I would definitely recommend You Are The Star Weddings to everyone!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Kim · Married on 06/15/2013

Honestly, our daughter's wedding would not have been successful without the help of Atiya and her staff. They were so professional! Every last detail was taken care of. As Mother of the Bride I was able to enjoy myself, the details were left to "You Are The Star" which really lived up to their title (even though I wasn't THE STAR!).Communication was easy emails were always returned within 24 hours.My only regret is that I didn't learn about this company when our oldest daughter was married 3 years ago, it was so worth the investment!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Tory and Elisa · Married on 08/04/2012

Atiya is amazing. Her company went above and beyond our expectations. I promise that you can NOT find a better company or employees. Words can't express our happiness with Atiya and her company!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Judy · event on: 03/30/2012

Atiya was a huge help in making all the details of my event come together seamlessly. I don't know how I would have done it all without her.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Jairlyn · Married on 03/10/2012

These two ladies were amazing. They made every dream I had for a perfect wedding a reality. No matter how many e-mails I sent, neither one of the planners made me feel like I was asking too much of them. They were the perfect choice in making my wedding day run smoothly. I would recommend You Are the Star to anyone.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Sarah · Married on 01/22/2012

Great to work with, even in a short time frame. My wedding came out beautifully.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Angelita · Married on 11/26/2011

Atiya and her team executed my wedding vision perfectly within budget. All the details I had in my head came to life. From planning to rehearsal to wedding day, she handled it all. I was grateful to be able to enjoy my wedding day without worrying about what was happening behind the scenes. Simply the best!!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Melina · Married on 08/20/2011

Atiya was an absolute blessing. She allowed us to have a fabulous wedding and kept us within budget. All the demands we made for our day was met by Atiya. If something was out of our price range she came up with alternatives that helped to complete our vision and make the wedding special. On my wedding day I didn't have a care in the world we were in great hands. I would recommend hiring You Are The Star Weddings to anyone; especially if I like you :) If you think your budget is too small for a wedding planner but still want a big gorgeous wedding you can not afford to not hire them! They will make your wedding shine!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Amber · Married on 10/04/2009

Everything you may worry about is solved when you use you are the star wedding planning services! Atiya thought of things I would not even begin to think of for my wedding. I would recomend this service to anyone. Everything on my wedding day went alot smoother then it would have without them.

Sent on 10/15/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

Atiya is a wonderful person and an awesome planner. She was great in the process of planning and was always there for me. I was very laid back with all the details but Atiya did a great job in coming up with ideas when i really had no idea. She was very involved, which i really liked, and was able to organize all the planning. She was very open to listen when i did have my own ideas and to incorporate everything together. Which is a feat, now that i think about it, because my husband wanted it to be a tri-cultural themed wedding that wasnt too over the top.
    The day of, Atiya and her team did a great job and my husband and I never had to worry about a thing. That made for a great day and we appreciated everything they all did for us.
    PS our guests say you did a great job to make sure everything was great.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Tonya · Married on 09/21/2013

Star Wedding was absolutely Amazing!! Atiya is the most enjoyable, respectful, dedicated individual anyone could choose to work with. With so much needing to be done to pull off a wedding, I never felt like anything was out of control because again Atiya and her staff were amazing. She went above and beyond with the planning and helping with ideas to use for the wedding. The biggest testimony of course was the Day of the Wedding! Everything was beautiful and everyone had such a great time, we received so many compliments on the event and how beautiful everything turned out, and Star Weddings, didn't stop working for the entire night, we didn't have to worry about anything! Absolutely nothing that alone was our money's worth.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Alona · Married on 05/08/2010

I am glad that i had you to help me out during this stressful moment. You have been very helpful and resourceful,always flexible and ready to meet my needs. It was a pleasure and i really and truly appreciate all the help,you've been wonderful. Of course there were glitches but you made me feel calm and i never get to know about it until afterwards coz like i said u took care of it so that i never have to worry about anything :) thanks-you did great!!

Sent on 06/04/2010