You Are My True Reviews

You Are My True  6
You Are My True  7
  • Erin

Erin DeRoy · Married on 06/08/2019

Amy and Nathan are PHENOMENAL!

Not only were they super easy to work with, but our photos came out absolutely beautiful. We’ve gotten so many compliments about how amazing each and every photo turned out and we could not be more pleased. Also, we barely noticed their presence at our wedding (in the best way possible), but they were still able to capture every single moment! We’re so thankful that we hired You Are My True for our wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely perfect!!

I look at my wedding photos every single day! The tones, the vibes, the people!!!! Amy and Nathan are the most incredible souls!! They captured everything beautifully!!! Best decision we ever made was choosing these two to capture our wedding!! They got the best shots from all the angles!! Their technique is absolutely stunning. They made all of our dreams come true! I will Cherish these photos forever. They not only captured every moment so perfectly, they provided peace of mind during our entire wedding adventure!! All the love for YouAreMyTrue, forever!

Sent on 04/24/2019
    You Are My True  19
    You Are My True  20
    You Are My True  21

libby · Married on 07/23/2017

Among the thousands of decisions that occur when planning a wedding, picking YouAreMyTrue Photography was one of the best my husband and I made. Nathan and Amy constantly went above and beyond the call of duty and always with grace and good humor. They were always in contact and always responded to emails (something I can’t say about most vendors). I truly felt like they took the time to get to know us as a couple. On their website when they say they are story-tellers, they mean it. When we got our completed pictures delivered- looking through them was like living the day over again. Every moment and piece of joy had been captured and reflected. Our wedding day was accompanied by a large summer storm that knocked all the power out at our venue but Nathan and Amy never once seemed flustered or concerned. On the contrary, each went above and beyond to stay a bright light and share their years of professional wisdom to help keep things moving forward. But more importantly, they kept capturing memories. Even though the day had to take several different turns, Nathan and Amy kept capturing the day as it occurred- even as they helped with the changes. Working with these two was easy and uplifting. I cannot recommend them ENOUGH. Choose them for your big day and it will be the easiest vendor decision you have to make.

Sent on 01/05/2018
  • W

Windnie · Married on 05/28/2016

The photographs speak for themselves. They are beautiful and honest, just like their tagline. Nathan and Amy were a breeze to work with, which is just one less thing to worry about in the hectic wedding planning process. It was super hot and humid on my wedding day and it ended up storming that night. They made sure we were well taken care of and still got amazing photos in the short period of time we had to catch the light. They are worth the investment and I couldn't be more thrilled with their professionalism and the outcome of our photos!!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Kelly · Married on 02/07/2015

Nathan and Amy are amazing photographers and people! I met Nathan for a meet/greet when I was deciding between photographers and immediately knew that he and Amy were the right choice. They were professional and prompt in responses, incredibly organized on the day of, and were so relaxed even in the midst of family chaos and directing people. Looking back at our pictures still gives me chills. I couldn't be happier with how they captured our special day. My only regret was not hiring them to capture our rehearsal dinner!!!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Michael · Married on 03/28/2014

Honestly this couldn't have happened without Nathan.... I mean he even tied my bow tie because I wasn't capable. He was an awesome photographer. He was on time. He was motivated. He captured our wedding exactly how we had imagined. We loved working with him! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/18/2013

Nathan and Amy are an absolute blast to work with. My husband and I had our engagement pictures done with them in addition to shooting our wedding. Their work is phenomenal and their style meshed with ours perfectly. They're super fun and easy to be around which causes the final product of the pictures to be stunning. We are SO glad we had the privilege of working with Nathan and Amy and hope we get an excuse to do so again in the future!

Sent on 06/04/2013
  • User4320915 · 2+ years ago

Nathan and his wife were a great team and so awesome on our wedding day! The pictures turned out lovely and we have referred many people their way.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Preeti · Married on 01/12/2013

Nathan and Amy were great! I researched many, many photographers and was very impressed with their shooting style. Nathan was very flexible with our engagement shoot (due to unforeseen events and weather patterns) and was able to get us engagement photos quickly for us to use in our guest book. All of our friends and family absolutely loved our engagement photos - we love how fun and natural Nathan made us look! Nathan and Amy were also very flexible with us on the day of our wedding, and even came and got a few shots of my hair/makeup even though it was before their allotted time. They were absolutely invisible during the ceremony which was amazing (we hate when we see photographers jump in the aisle when the bride is walking down!) and completely blended in with the guests during the reception. One of our friends snapped a picture of Nathan laying on the floor getting a shot of our crazy friends dancing! They were fabulous - and we can't wait to see the pictures!

Sent on 01/23/2013

L&B · Married on 11/24/2012

When selecting a photographer, we wanted someone who was going to help us create a unique and fresh experience from so many others we had seen in the industry. Nathan and Amy are an incredible husband & wife team who work tirelessly to provide the best photography service around. They are so sweet and down to earth that we had no trouble feeling immediately comfortable with them. Nathan took the time to tailor our engagement session to our every desire, traveled with us to multiple locations, and created the most special and unique memories for us. He truly puts his clients and their feelings and desires first above all and could not be a more fun person to work with. On our wedding day, he and Amy were right on time which any bride can appreciate! I was amazed that they seemed to capture every single special little nuance of the day, even though we hardly even knew they were there! After the wedding my husband and I would say, "gosh I hope they caught this or that" and when we got our photos back, we were overjoyed because they literraly did not miss a thing! All of our friends and family just raved about their photos. 5 months later we still have people commenting on how gorgeous all of our photos, engagement and wedding, are. Not only are the filters and colors gorgeous but their fresh perspective is exactly what we wanted. Their professionalism is like no other--you will not be disappointed when you choose them for your next special event! We are still working with them to produce a photo book of our favorites from our wedding day and I have to say, even 5 months after our wedding they still treat us like a priority to them, even though I know they are starting over with countless other lucky couples! My husband and I cannot say enough about how pleased we have been to work with Nathan Russell Photography. I would easily recommend them ten times over!

Sent on 03/28/2013

priscilla · Married on 09/28/2012

Nathan and Amy are the perfect photographer couple. They made both our engagement photos and i cant wait to see our wedding photos so much fun to do! They totally got the idea of the type of photos that we wanted and made sure we got them. I would totally recommend them, both are alot of fun to work with and make sure that they get all the details in, which i love. Thanks guys!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Sandhya · Married on 01/28/2012

Nathan and Amy are amazing! They did our bridal shoot, my mehendi and our wedding day. The bridal shoot pictures were beautiful and really captured what we wanted - something classy and romantic and ethereal. Nathan and Amy both had great ideas, were very friendly and helpful during the shoot. He made sure to go through the list of the poses we had wanted as well.

The pictures from my mehendi captured the event too - fun and girly and they got great pictures of the artwork on everyone. They were fun guests and joined in on the festivities and at no point during the mehendi or wedding did anyone ever feel as though they were in the way - they made everyone feel at ease and comfortable and got some fabulous candid pictures.

Our wedding day was a marathon! Nathan and Amy met with us beforehand and really sat down and wanted to know all about our traditions and what pictures we wanted where and when and discussed all the details of the schedule. We had a smaller wedding than most Indians but it was still crazy nonetheless. We briefly discussed a third shooter and decided it wouldn't be necessary but in hindsight I do wish we had gotten one just so we would have gotten even more variety from the various important moments throughout the day. Our procession down the aisle went too quickly and folks were spread out over the entire venue during the reception so pictures of those types of things would have been easier to get with more shooters. Overall the hectic day made it impossible to do everything and the ones that they did get were amazing but of course we brides will always want more pictures! Keep that in mind if you'll have a larger wedding or even plan to have it in a large space.

We took entrance pictures with everyone and had a photo booth available during the reception - the pictures from both were priceless and everyone had a great time in the photobooth!

We got our pictures in great time and Nathan was always very accessible throughout the process for questions. Nathan and Amy were always professional, incredibly patient and kind with our crazy families and were always on time. They really have an eye for the most important moments in life and how to capture them - their pictures have such immense personality and are absolutely beautiful. They are great, sweet people and we'd work with them again in a second!

Sent on 03/19/2012
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/23/2011

Nathan and Amy were always right where they needed to be to capture everything, and not intrusive in any way. They just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Can't wait to see the photos. I know they will be amazing, as the engagement photos already are. We were able to use some of them at the wedding and were so very pleased with his work. He is very organized and professional, and always quick to respond to calls or emails. His work is amazingly creative, and you would be fortunate to be able to have Nathan and Amy capture your memories.

Sent on 11/02/2011
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/16/2011

Nathan was a great friend of my photographer Anita Roach who joined her as a second shooter for our wedding. I met him the day of the wedding, but I as well as the wedding party was instantly comfortable due to his relaxed nature and sense of humor. He helped to stage wonderful and fun images and captured precious moments throughout the day. His style of editing is unique and fit our vintage theme perfectly. I would highly recommend him for your wedding photography!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Victoria · Married on 09/25/2010

Nathan Russell Photography - the ideal photographer for your wedding or any other occassion!!

Nathan Russell's photography is timeless!! In my search for the best in planning for a wedding, Nathan Russell was an absolute. Nathan has talent, experience, professionalism, and such a genuine personality. His photographs really exemplify the quality and time he puts into his work. Needless to say, we felt like movie stars in our photos!

We were so lucky to find him in our search, and could not have picked a better person to work with. He absolutely captured the best and most beautiful moments from our special day.

Our engagement session was included in our package, and that was a blast! We found a unique part of Austin, and had so much fun taking pictures. Nathan was so positive, energetic, and creative throughout the whole experience. He is SO incredible to work with, and just easy-going. We felt an instant comfortable, friend-like bond with Nathan, and that made it so easy to pose and do the cute, lovey-dovey stuff on camera! Nathan's positive vibes towards the big day became contagious. I could feel a sincere and genuine excitement about our wedding day!

After we got our absolutely amazing engagement photos back, we showed them to friends and family... everyone was blown away! The engagement photos really highlight the relationship we feel in our hearts.

We were married in late September 2010 in Austin, TX. Our wedding day was the most memorable time of our lives, and Nathan was able to capture that in all of his photos. He was non-intrusive and his positive and professional personality blended very well with our families and wedding party. Nathan, his beautiful wife, Amy, and second photographer, Bryan were all taking pictures galore that night, and to be honest... most of the time I had no idea they were even there! Which was so ideal! They were stealth, professional, talented, and most of all... they captured such tendor moments. Nathan, Amy, and Bryan also set up a fun-loving photobooth, and that was such a hit! It was very entertaining for our guests, and the results were such a great surprise for us!!

Bottom line: Our wedding photobooth, ceremony, reception, and dancing photos were amazing! Again, move-star quality, and such great love and fun is evoked from each picture. Nathan Russell knows his photography, and we were so gratelful to have him on our wedding day. We are beyond happy to be able to show these photos for years to come.

We would highly recommend him to anyone for any occasion, and plan to use his services in the future.

Nathan, Amy, and Bryan, We wish much love and happiness to you always!

Victoria and David
    Happy Couple in Austin, TX

Sent on 01/07/2011

Sara · Married on 06/05/2010

My husband and I were so happy with our wedding photos and the overall experience with Nathan Russell Photography. Nathan not only is a fabulous photographer, but he made every step of the wedding photography process easy and fun. He was always on time and well organized. I thought I was doing well without a wedding planner until the rehearsal was completely unorganized lol….Nathan even stepped in to help figure out timing for the ceremony. Nathan and his second, Bryan, were great at capturing all those special memories of our big day. Nathan was great with our wedding guests and he made everyone feel comfortable. We were extremely happy with the final photos that we used for gifts and even a few memories for ourselves including a large wrap photo. The quality of our pictures makes me feel like I’m still there that day. His turnover time for our prints was really fast and his website made it very easy for us and our wedding guests to order pictures. We loved Nathan Russell Photography and so will you!!!

Sent on 01/04/2011

Kathryn · Married on 05/30/2010

Nathan is fantastic, and I can't recommend him highly enough. He was professional, unobtrusive, prepared, and took gorgeous pictures of our wedding! He also shot our engagement photos and bridals, which were stunning.

Our engagement photos were our first experience with Nathan. Nathan spent the morning with us, and while I was nervous that we might look weird or stuffy on camera, he coached us through any potential awkwardness. We selected four locations around Austin and changed outfits three times, and we ended up with over 200 absolutely gorgeous images.

We were so happy with the engagement pictures that we ended up using those images on our wedding website, save the dates, guest book, and engagement party invitations. I was able to scrap the original designs for those items and saved $$$ by using less expensive printers and my own designs!

We were married on May 30, 2010, in a very small destination wedding in Iowa. Nathan and his wonderful wife, Amy, traveled from Austin to Iowa for our big day, and their fees for travel were extremely competitive. We had met twice in advance of the wedding to plan out the day's schedule and the shots that I wanted, so I didn't have to remind Nathan of a single thing on my wedding day. It was such a relief to know that he was keeping track of my (anal retentive and specific!) list of "must haves". Amy was there all the way, serving as an assistant and second shooter, and between them we managed to stay on schedule and get awesome shots before the sun set. The day after the wedding, my groom and I got re-dressed and Nathan shot 3 hours of bridals. My package included engagements, the wedding, and bridals, and Nathan was super flexible in how we scheduled those. Not once in the planning process did he balk or haggle about my requests.

Our wedding and bridal photos were stunning. Nathan delivered a disc of fully edited images ahead of schedule, which I was able to share with family and print as much as I wanted. My parents and grandparents enjoyed looking at our album on his website, which is easy to use. We loved our photos so much that we ended up purchasing an album, a gallery wrap, and several prints from him using his printer, not ours. The quality of all those products was superb. And even today, my husband and I get misty when we look through our wedding album. It's just like experiencing all the best parts of our wedding day together, again.

Finally, I hired Nathan to design and print invitations for a cocktail reception we held here in Austin. He made a custom trifold invite which incorporated some of our bridal images. The invitations were, of course, gorgeous, and much cheaper than the custom letterpress invitations I had been eyeing. They were also an easy way to share our pictures with friends and family. Best part, I didn't have to do much of anything since Nathan took care of the design work and printing for me!

All in all, I can't recommend Nathan Russell Photography highly enough. Nathan and Amy are so much fun to work with, and the quality of their photography and products is outstanding. My husband and I will definitely use Nathan again in the future, for anniversary and family portraits.

Sent on 01/24/2011

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2012

Nathan and Amy are great to work with! They do amazing work, are so friendly and flexible, and a great value for the amazing photos you get. They make you feel very comfortable when taking pictures and are very easy going. I recommend doing engagement, wedding, and face booth! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/19/2012