YL Photography Reviews

14 | Kearny, NJ

14 Reviews for YL Photography

14 YL Photography Reviews

Jaime · Married on 10/02/2015

Yanshu and YL Photography did an amazing job for our wedding. It was a tropical storm all day but Yanshu made it look beautiful. She captured a lot of fun moments and has a great artistic eye. There was a lot of fun energy with her and her assistant Jonathan. I will definitely have her do more photos for us!

I absolutely love Yanshu and YL Photography. She did our engagement photos and they were absolutely stunning. We are incredibly anxious to see our wedding photos and are sure they will be even better! Working with Yanshu is a breeze! She's professional, very quick to respond to emails, offers suggestions but also gives the bridge/groom leeway for the photos they'd like to include as well. Hiring a photographer was one of the most difficult decisions we had to make in the wedding-planning process but we are so happy we went with Yanshu. Highly recommended!

• I

Irene · Married on 05/24/2015

We had no doubts YL Photography would do an amazing job capturing our wedding day. We have been following her work since she started and we just knew we would want to hire her as our wedding photographer one day. From the day we met to discuss the wedding until we received our album, Yanshu was always there to answer all our questions and put our mind at ease. She was really professional and very accommodating to my special requests. We were completely comfortable working with her and it really shows in our photos. Her and her assistant were able to capture all the details and emotions throughout the day. I was surprised how fast the turnaround for the photos and album were. The album was beautiful and of high quality. I highly recommend YL Photography if you need an event photographer.

Siomara · Married on 12/13/2014

We first hired Yanshu of YL Photography for our proposal and engagement photos; and after such an amazing experience we knew we had to have her for our wedding day! She is nothing short of amazing; punctual, professional, kind and extremely talented! She becomes familiar with her clients and is sure to make them feel comfortable and at ease. With her kin photography eye, she is able to capture moments that take you back to that specific emotional state. Her photos are just magical; not only is a memory captured but the emotion, relation, energy, and thought behind the photo is captured as well. Her photos make you feel like you can revisit that day like it was yesterday and its a feeling that's deeper than just a memory. It is a feeling that every family member, friend and most importantly Bride and Groom want to relive again and again. And after such a special day that happens in a blink of eye we are forever grateful that we can. <3

We truly admire the work of YL Photography and highly recommend Yanshu to anyone who is reading this. We guarantee you'll be writing a 5 star review below. A big thank you Yanshu and her amazing assistants for all their great energy and hard-work!!

Siomara & Guillermo
    12-13-14 <3

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2014

Yanshu was absolutely fantastic to work with! She is so skilled, so pleasant, so humble, and hiring her was possibly the best decision we made during the wedding planning process.

We were faced with the task of planning a wedding in NY while living in NC and met her via Skype for the first time. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about us and our history together. We had a lot of communication through email and she was always very quick to respond with clear answers.

As the wedding day approached I was fearful of the rainy forecast. Little did I know that she had some photography tricks up her sleeve just in case the weather didn't agree with us. The day came, it rained, Yanshu saved the day, and it resulted in the most breathtaking picture I've ever been a part of. It ended up being featured on Mashable.com and Weather.com which was pretty cool.

Yanshu perfectly captured so many emotions and she was completely unobtrusive in the process. Never once did we feel as though we were being followed around and she was not distracting at all during the ceremony or reception.

The photo albums she creates are quality too.

I highly, highly recommend her services to anyone who is searching for a talented photographer to capture their memories.

Yanshu is an amazing and talented photographer! Her work is sooo incredible and it's really evident that she puts a lot of hardwork and time into her work. It is also very apparent that Yanshu also puts a lot of thought into her work and pays very close attention to detail which makes her photos even more amazing and beautiful. Every time I see her work, I'm seriously blown away by how beautiful and awesome it is. We are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos and would recommend her to EVERYONE! Yanshu is not only a talented photographer but she is also a very personable, professional, and flexible person. She was easily accessible to our questions and always accommodating to our needs. She made us feel very comfortable around her when we took our photos and this was very important to us because my husband and I felt that we would feel very awkward while taking our photos. Yanshu made us feel so comfortable that we never felt awkward or nervous once. She is just that amazing of a photographer and person. You will not be disappointed!

Thank you!!!!

Sue-Lynn + Dennis
    17 May 2014

We were very selective in choosing our photographer. After interviewing countless talented candidates, Yanshu outshined the others. She has a sense of calm and friendliness that puts you at ease so the most natural pictures can be captured. Her passion and natural talent is evident in each photo.
    Yanshu was extremely catering throughout the entire process and was very quick to response to our demands. When we were given proofs of the pictures to select for our album there were shots that we didn't even know she was around for. Yanshu is a true gem. I have passed her information along to all my engaged friends.

We loved everything about our experience with Yanshu. From the beginning, we clicked from our first interview over the phone to our current experience of creating a beautiful photo album. She is caring, considerate, attentive, creative, and easy to work with. She is an amazing talent. We have nothing but wonderful compliments on her skill, dedication to get a great shoot, and ability to frame great moments. I still remember back to our engagement shoot almost a year ago now, where she was in the woods, next a stream balancing herself near the edge, very close to falling in, just to get the perfect shot. Further, one thing that was very important to us was to get true ‘in the moment’ shots. We loved all the unexpected moments she captured. Our images are amazing and she had a unique ability to capture the true essence of our relationship. Finally, the turnaround time with photos was quite quick, much faster than other friends have seen, and she does a facebook preview of one shot within 48 hours, which our friend and family loved. She was SO much fun to work with. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience, and feel lucky to have had her documenting this important part of our life. We would highly highly recommend YL photography!!!

Yanshu is a true talent. She captured my wedding last month and she is a pleasure and delight to work with. I received many comments about how unobtrusive the photographer was, "It was like she melted into the background." I was thrilled that I picked her to be with me on this special day!

I received my pictures yesterday and can not stop looking at them. They are so beautiful and artistic. I highly recomment Yanshu's services to anyone getting married - you will not be dissapointed.

Catherine · Married on 12/15/2012

YL Photography did our engagement and wedding photos. Full disclosure- I have been following Yanshu since she first started her business and love her artistic and modern style. I was definitely looking for someone who would be able to take advantage of our venue, which was a non ballroom space and had a view of the NYC skyline. She did just that. She is extremely easy to work with and is very professional in answering questions and making sure that we had a timeline and all necessary items prepared ahead of time. After seeing our wedding photos, I was amazed at the stuff that she captured. The angles made our wedding ceremony so grand and really captured the loft, open feeling of the venue. In addition, our reception was just hours of crazing dancing and she captured that perfectly as well with some photos displaying as if it was in motion. Her eye for detail is excellent as well and which I was very glad for since we did a lot of custom details to make the wedding more special to us. I would gladly recommend her for her work and her professionalism. We've have received a lot of great feedback already on our pictures.

Lori · Married on 11/17/2012

Yanshu photographed our wedding ceremony and reception. She was extremely professional and responsive to our needs before during and after the event. The pictures are amazing and we have received numerous positive comments. She also meticulously designed a gorgeous wedding album that impresses everyone who sees it. Definitely include Yanshu in your wedding plans.

Brianna · Married on 07/21/2012

Unlike some of the other brides that posted a review, Yanshu was my first and only photographer that I met with for my wedding. My sister had found her through "theknot" a wedding website. She originally found someone who was a bit out of our price range but he ended up referring my sister to Yanshu who used to work with him as an assistant photographer. I have never communicated with a vendor who was as responsive as Yanshu was. Everytime I emailed her with any question, she would respond well within 24hrs, often it would be with just a couple of hours.

In regards to the wedding photos, I couldn't have been more happy with the candid shots that she took..she captured every moment, from my dad first seeing me in my dress, to my husbands grandmother (who flew all the way from India for the wedding) blessing me right before I walked down the aisle. She was everywhere without being in anyway intrusive or stifling. I honestly barely noticed her at the wedding, and I mean that as a complete compliment!

And not only was she prompt, flexible and personable, but she has continued to email us to wish us well on the different holidays and just to say hi!

I would and do recommend her to anyone that needs a photographer, and I look forward to all of her blog posts!

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2012

It's hard to sum up everything about working with Yanshu in just an online post. When I first went around to meet with photographers I had horrible experiences and met people whose style was completely outdated, or photographers so expensive that their payment would be a small downpayment on a home. I was just about at my wits end when my best friend met Yanshu at a restaurant. My friend was a waitress there, and Yanshu was shooting a rehearsal dinner. My friend was amazed at how personable and professional Yanshu was, and told me she was climbing at every different angle to get the perfect shots. I immediately called her and set up a meeting. From the first moment I met Yanshu she made me feel not only comfortable but like we were friends. Yanshu showed us examples of her work, and every picture was creative, innovative, and exactly what I wanted when I thought of how I wanted to look back at my wedding. From the moment we signed on with Yanshu, my husband and I adored every minute of working with her. She encouraged us to enter into her engagement shoot contest where we ended up winning! The engagement session came out AMAZING, and it was just a small taste of what was to come. On my wedding day Yanshu made me laugh, feel calm, and cared for. She captured every small detail from my son holding a favorite toy, to a special dance with my mother. Working with Yanshu was one of the hi lights to my wedding. I can not wait for the next big event in my life so I can have an excuse to work with her again. Choosing her as a photographer was one of the best decisions I made, and now I can't wait to have a life long photographer and friend to capture all the special moments in my family's life.