Yellow Door Floral Designs Reviews

Yellow Door Floral Designs 1
Yellow Door Floral Designs 2
Yellow Door Floral Designs 3
Yellow Door Floral Designs 4

John Duffy of Yellow Door Floral was extremely responsive and professional and provided the most beautiful flowers for our son's rehearsal dinner. Of the 3 florists I contacted, his was the best price. The entire process of dealing with him was just flawless, and we received many compliments on the gorgeous floral centerpieces. I would highly recommend John and his company for beautiful flowers, excellent value and easiness of the whole process.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Nadia · Married on 09/29/2012

Our flowers for the wedding were magnificant! Mokara orchids submerged in cylindrical vases with candlelight on the top and high arrangements with a beautiful variety of flowers. I especially liked the fact that John was open to idea of having 4 different flower arrangements spread out over the 16 guest tables that we had.
    As our guests moved around the dining room after dinner, everyone commented that they loved looking at the different arrangements. My bouquet was gorgeous as was my bridesmaids. The white flowers on the wedding cake looked like a million bucks! The finishing touch for our guests was a lovely arrangement in the ladies room. John thinks of everything! And his prices are very competitive. He's the best!

Sent on 10/04/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/02/2012

John Duffy at Yellow Door provided the most beautiful floral arrangements for our wedding at the Fairmont in D.C. I know my descriptions of “all white” and “classic” didn’t give him a whole lot to work with, but he was able to take my limited vision and transform it into something greater than I could’ve ever imagined. The centerpieces were beautiful and I absolutely loved all of the girls' bouquets, especially mine. The table with the escort cards was amazing as well! If you are looking for elegant and classic floral arrangements, I can testify that John is the right guy for you.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Stephen · Married on 09/02/2012

John was fantastic, especially with only a couple of week's notice for the event. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on centerpieces, and I wanted a fairly small and simple bouquet. He was the only florist I spoke to who actually *listened* to me and came up with a proposal that included a viable alternative to the more expensive traditional centerpieces: He suggested floating gerbera daisies in bowls of water filled with glass stones. It was lovely -- pretty, unobtrusive, and inexpensive. He also personally delivered the flowers during a torrential hurricane-like rain storm (I sat in my car watching him run in and out of the venue getting soaking wet, as I waited for the rain to calm down a little before going out there.) It's been a year and I never thanked him personally, so if you are reading this, John, thank you!

Sent on 09/02/2013

LeeAnn · Married on 06/23/2012

AMAZING! John was very professional and so easy to work with, I could not have been happier with all of our gorgeous flowers. I basically showed him a picture of a bouquet that I loved and he recreated it perfectly. Because he was recommended by two friends who used him I completely trusted him with his designs for our centerpieces. They were beautiful and perfect. I highly recommend Yellow Door Floral Designs.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Lori · Married on 05/20/2012

The flowers were just amazing - incredibly gorgeous! Everyone thought they were the most beautiful flowers they had seen at an event. The chuppah was also gorgeous; and it was very easy to work with John --
    he was friendly and professional. If I ever need a florist again, I will be using Yellow Door!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Kimberly · Married on 05/12/2012

My flowers absolutely blew me away! From my very first consult with John, I knew he understood exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. He wrote up an initial proposal that I had some changes I wanted made. John listened to my suggestions and quickly responded with an updated proposal. I fell in love with my flowers from just the proposal, and seeing them on my wedding day certainly exceeded my expectations! John was so great to work with and was very responsive whenever I had any questions, concerns, or updates. Thank you Yellow Door!!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2012

John Duffy was one of the easiest wedding vendors I had the pleasure to work with in planning our wedding day. Yellow Door is a company that he runs out of his home, so it seems that he is able to pass on the savings of lack of overhead from leasing an office to the customer.

Flowers were always something I never particularly was interested in, and I was always more concerned with maintaining my budget. John was able to create beautiful displays by asking me very specific questions about how I wanted my wedding day to feel, and he kept it well within the planned budget. He was the only florist that I spoke to that did that, so I knew he was the right choice! The flowers themselves were amazing. My bouquet was drop dead gorgeous and smelled so good. The arrangements were very fresh and went perfectly with the other wedding decor.

John Duffy and Yellow Door Floral Designs did a great job with all of the florals on my wedding day and we couldn't have asked for a better florist to execute such a beautiful presentation.

Sent on 05/19/2012
  • F

Friederike · Married on 03/31/2012

John Duffy at Yellow Door Floral is absolutely amazing. Choosing him to do the flowers for our March 2012 DC wedding was the easiest and BEST DECISION my fiance and I made throughout our planning process! We looked at several other florists and John was by far the most helpful. We came in with only a rough idea of what we wanted, and John was patient and very creative in helping us come up with the floral designs that would work for us. We wanted something modern, and he designed the most gorgeous architectural arrangements for us. My fiance and I were absolutely speechless when we saw our reception space for the first time - it looked better than anything I ever could've imagined! So many of our guests came up to us throughout the evening and said the same thing.

I should mention that the flowers were not only perfect, but also exactly within the budget that we'd given John. He was the ONLY florist out of the four that we interviewed who gave us a proposal that stuck to the budget we set out.

If you are looking for a wedding florist, look no further. John Duffy is a consummate professional and very talented at what he does. I'm positive that he'd make even the pickiest bride happy.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2012

John is amazing! He was a pleasure to work with and so flexible with our changes. We wanted to incorporate pearls through out our wedding and he made this happen. He included them in my bouquet, our chuppah and the centerpieces. The flowers were stunning and so fresh. The bridesmaids bouquets were perfect size and everything had a wonderful scent. John was so easy to work with and was always willing to take our suggestions. He is calm and professional and incredibly timely. I have worked with John before and he is always on point with every event. I highly recommend John for all events!Thank you John!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2011

It was a pleasure working with John Duffy at Yellow Door. I was impressed with John from the very beginning because he had a lot of great ideas right away and seemed much more interested in the floral design than in making a sales pitch. Throughout the planning process, John was quick to respond to my emails, and he made a number of major last-minute adjustments -- including adding rehearsal dinner flowers and designing pew flowers for the church -- without any problems. John also helpfully recommended other vendors for chair covers and for floral preservation. Most importantly, the flowers themselves were beautiful! All flowers, from the bouquets to the centerpieces to everything in between, were in fantastic shape when they arrived on the wedding day and kept their color and freshness well into the following day. I would highly recommend John and Yellow Door -- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/09/2012
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/01/2011

John is a wonderful florist as soon as my mom and I had our meeting with him he knew exactly what I wanted. The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful! I still have my bouquet in my refrigerator because it is so beautiful! I highly recommend Yellow door!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Marie · Married on 08/14/2011

John was a wonderful florist, he knew exactly what I wanted from the first few minutes of our meeting. He was attentive, flexible and professional during our first meeting and in all the emails after. The flowers at the ceremony and reception were better than I imagined and I was so pleased with the work he did. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Rachel · Married on 06/12/2011

John was great. The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Both my mom and I felt like he was an artist and put a lot of care and creativity into his work. He was very aware of our cost restraints and worked with our budget. Furthermore, we happened to meet with him over mother's day weekend and he had a small arrangement for my mother as a gift! We found Yellow Door through a friend and I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the DC area. The flowers John produced were simply beautiful.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2011

Do not look any further stop reading and call John at Yellow Door RIGHT NOW! My wedding was so beautiful because of the flowers that John designed for us. When I say my bouquet for the first time my eye filled with tears it was so much better than I had envisioned. John was so easy to work with and he helped my husband and myself find what the perfect look and feel for our wedding. He was kind and patient and even made a special magnetic corsage for my grandmother.

Everyone at my wedding was raving about the flowers and how fresh, full and lovely they were.

I can not say this enough CALL JOHN TODAY you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Amy · Married on 05/07/2011

The flowers John created for our wedding were fabulous. Everything was vibrant, classy, and elegant. At our initial meeting John took the the time to walk us through a whole encyclopedia of flowers to tell us what came in the colors we wanted and in season for our wedding. The final look was amazing. We couldn't have been happier. He was flexible with our changes, responsive with communication, and a true pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Meagan · Married on 03/26/2011

Working with John was wonderful--I met with several florists and he was the most impressive and creative. He understood exactly what I wanted and all of our flowers were amazing. My bouquet was gorgeous and lasted forever still looking and smelling wonderful. We got a million compliments on the flowers. I would recommend John to any of my friends.

Sent on 04/12/2011

Jodee · Married on 07/04/2010

We checked out many florists; we chose yellow door and they were fabulous; creative; different; cost was very reasonable; flowers were delivered and set up on time; room was absolutely beautiful; I would use them again and I would recommend them to anyone who wants stunning flowers; John Duffy was wonderful

Sent on 02/11/2011

Melissa · Married on 07/03/2010

John is wonderful...listens to YOU and designs beautiful arrangements and bouquets! Super happy!!!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Samantha · Married on 06/19/2010

John was amazing to work with! I met with almost 5 different florists and didn't feel like I connected with any of them. John was the last one I met and I knew right away he would be our florist. He has such great taste and was able to create floral designs that perfectly matched the look I was going for at the wedding. He created flower centerpieces for the cocktail hour, and reception as well as ceremony flowers. He made a beautiful and simple huppuh that I loved! He also provided the isle runner and ribbon ties for the linen at the cocktail hour. My bouquet was beautiful and so were my bridesmaids! The groom and his groomsmen also had very nice boutonnieres. His prices are fair and we got a lot for what we paid. John even provided vases filled with water (at no cost) for us to put the bridesmaids bouquets in at the reception. We knew that flowers were very important to us and would be a large portion of our budget, and I am so happy we spent the money to do the flowers right. They were amazing and fresh! He created one bouquet in my mothers personal vase for a credenza that was the most gorgeous arrangement I have ever seen. My mom took the flowers home with her and they lasted a long time. I was thrilled with all the flowers and definitely recommend John and Yellow Door.

Sent on 07/10/2010

Randi · Married on 06/12/2010

Besides the colors of the flowers, I had no idea what I wanted. John at Yellow Door made beautiful arrangements in the exact colors I wanted at the price I wanted to spend. They were beyond what I expected and helped to enhance the look of my wedding day!

Sent on 06/20/2010
  • Marc C

Marc · Married on 10/17/2009

John at Yellow Door is great to work with when planning a wedding. We weren't sure what we wanted as far as color scheme, etc and he provided us with many ideas for a fall wedding that fit into our reception venue and budget. We made a number of changes throughout the year and he always accommodated with a pleasant demeanor. They did a really nice job on the floral arrangements, giving our tables some wonderful colors.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Amber · Married on 09/19/2009

John Duffy was the epitome of professionalism from start to finish! He helped create a unique environment that was still classy but not too cookie cutter, which was exactly what we asked for. John's prices were very competitive and he included lots of special touches like our sweet bathroom arrangement free of charge. We met with John twice before the wedding and he was very responsive on email in between. Everything turned out exactly as we discussed, and we would absolutely refer John to anyone looking for a great florist in the VA/DC area.

Sent on 09/23/2009

e · Married on 07/11/2009

110% satisfied. John is patient, creative, and professional. A great choice and value for downtown DC weddings.

Sent on 07/13/2009

Shania · Married on 06/06/2009

John and his team were amazing. He worked with us on various aspects of the decor and really got our vision for the day. The final result was more than I was hoping for- he really helped us create a mood and people are still talking about the flowers. Thanks so much, Yellow Door!

Sent on 06/26/2009