Yellow Door Floral Designs Reviews

Yellow Door Floral Designs 2
Yellow Door Floral Designs 3
Yellow Door Floral Designs 4

Kristy · Married on 04/18/2015

John was such a pleasure to work with! He was very professional and polite. He was the only vendor that kept me right below my budget! We got married at the Carnegie Institution for Science. My flower theme was all white and very modern. We had these long calle lilies that fanned out on top of the fake ice that were really gelatin tubes filled with water. This was an economical way to have half the number of flowers needed. John was able to take my vision and make it even better. I was so pleased at how the tables looked. They even delivered the flowers to the hotel and the venue which a time gap in-between without charging us extra. John isn't really reachable by phone but is responsive via email. You won't be disappointed with John. He really listens to what you want. Come prepared with pictures of what you are envisioning and he will take it to another level like you never imagined.

Sent on 05/10/2015

John Duffy at Yellow Door did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding! At our initial meeting I showed him a few images of flowers and arrangements I was interested in and he worked with me to achieve a similar, but unique look. He is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced, and I highly recommend him and his team for any event.

Sent on 05/23/2015

Meaghan · Married on 02/07/2015

I highly recommend with full confidence John Duffy and Yellow Door Floral Designs. John did all of the flowers for my sister's wedding six years ago and did mine this past February. Already knowing how incredible his work is we were still blown away by the truly stunning high and low floral arrangements, gorgeous bouquets, precious flower baskets, corsages and boutonnieres, not to mention the magnificent floral arrangement on the escort table. Walking into the ballroom was unbelievable, the flowers were beautiful and aromatic, it was just like a dream! In addition to being very reasonably priced, John is extremely talented, creative and easy to collaborate with to make sure your wedding is perfect for you. His experience, professionalism, attention to detail, and easy nature make him wonderful to work with. After confirming with John, he handled everything which was a huge relief when planning a wedding. We can't thank John Duffy enough for making our wedding so beautiful and special!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 01/10/2015

My daughter got married recently at the National Women's Museum of the Arts in Washington DC and I must say that the floral arrangements from the table settings to the beautiful long stemmed calla lilies on the escort table to the bridesmaids and bride's bouquets were exquisite. John Duffy was able to capture the look my daughter wanted easily and was very professional. I would highly recommend Yello Door!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Andrea · Married on 11/08/2014

I'm very pleased we choose to work with Yellow Door! John was a pleasure to work with. Flowers were not a high priority for me, so I had a relatively small budget (compared to the reset of the event) and hoped that I could use some of the arrangements for both the ceremony and reception. I also only had a few ideas about what I wanted. John not only helped me figure out what I wanted, he stayed within my budget and helped me figure out how to best reuse some arrangements (rather than recommending additional ones as other florists had). He was quick to respond by phone and email and all of the flowers were delivered to the venue on time.

Most importantly, the flowers were beautiful! My bouquet was so pretty; I got compliments on it all night long. And the centerpieces were gorgeous, and have stayed beautiful several days later. I highly recommend Yellow Door!

Sent on 11/10/2014

We hired Yellow Door Floral Designs to provide the flowers for my daughter’s wedding and we couldn’t have been more delighted with the job they did. John Duffy was fabulous to work with. He translated my daughter’s wedding colors and ideas into a beautiful dream floral design. All the flowers were so fresh and stunningly beautiful, including my daughter’s bouquet of peonies, the beautiful flowers for the cake and the amazing table floral arrangements. So many of our guests commented on the gorgeous flowers. Yellow Door Floral Designs is the BEST!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2014

Yellow Door Floral Design is AWESOME!

I spoke to some other florists who told me that my budget for flowers needed to be doubled. when I met with John, he listened to what I wanted, talked me through different kinds of flowers and designs, and then presented me with a proposal that was well within my budget. He was very flexible and responsive as I made final changes to the flowers.

On the day of the wedding, he delivered the bouquets to the hotel (and was very flexible with timing) and they were GORGEOUS. I absolutely loved my bouquet and my bridesmaids had the most beautiful yellow flowers that just popped next to the grey dresses. When we got to the reception, I was also just blown away by the beautiful centerpieces. We could take home the flowers (and give them away) at the end of the night, which was really special. We took a bunch back to the hotel and they smelled amazing. They stayed fresh for days afterwards.

Yellow Door is flexible and offers great value. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/25/2014

John Duffy of Yellow Door was an absolute joy to work with, and the flowers for our August wedding were knock-your-socks-off gorgeous.

My future mom-in-law and I first met with him with some things set in mind (color scheme, modern look) and some things undecided (types of flowers, size of arrangements, etc.) We chose him because he took the time to walk us through a number of ideas, made sure he understood exactly what we envisioned and helped us fill in the blanks about the things we weren't sure about. (His estimate also came in below several competitors). He gave frank answers, worked diligently to save us money by suggesting some alternative flowers in season, and offered smart suggestions about how to make the impact we wanted. We changed our minds about a small few details late in the game, and John quickly drew up a modified contract. Everything was delivered promptly and placed beautifully. Most of all, the flowers themselves were gorgeous, high quality and fragrant. You can't go wrong with this florist - five stars!

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/09/2014

John Duffy at Yellow Door was fantastic to work with from start to finish. After our initial consultation, he provided the most detailed and thorough proposal, which really helped me to get a clearer vision of what our flowers would look like as well as a clear idea of cost. He took the ideas and inspiration photos that I'd sent him and built upon those with flowers I'd specifically requested as well as flowers I'd never heard of before. He was happy to adjust and update the proposal as we needed to tweak things throughout the process. Additionally, his prices were much more reasonable than many others in the area for a truly outstanding product. When the flowers arrived on our wedding day (right on time), I was blown away. They were absolutely stunning, down to the details of the finishes (satin ribbon wrappings, pearl pins, etc.). He clearly had thought through plenty of small details that I wouldn't have otherwise considered - even including an extra groomsman boutonniere just in case. The centerpieces and flowers he provided for our cake really pulled my decor vision together. I would 100% recommend Yellow Door to any other D.C.- area brides.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Monica · Married on 07/13/2014

Our first impression was that John cared and understood our budget. We didn’t really know anything about flowers but John took the time to listen about our colors for the wedding and the look we wanted to create. He went through several books and videos of flower options and various types of vases that could be used on tables. The final results was a breathtaking floral designs from my bridal bouquet to the bridesmaids bouquets and finally to all the variety of floral arrangements at the wedding, cocktail hour and the reception.

John Duffy and his team at Yellow Door provided us with beautiful arrangements at an outstanding value. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding a beautiful event.

Monica

Sent on 10/14/2014

Natasha · Married on 06/07/2014

Couldn't recommend my florist more highly. John is fantastic. He takes your vision, makes a couple of suggestions, and then comes the wedding and it's even better than what you were expecting. He really listens and he works with your budget to make it both beautiful and feasible. Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/16/2014

I was married last week and I can't tell you how thrilled we were with the floral designs from Yellow Door. John Duffy worked tirelessly to ensure my vision came to realty - from the ceremony to the cocktail reception to the dinner reception. He was also very flexible in helping us stay within budget and answered my countless number of questions with patience. We went to several other florists before selecting Yellow Door and we were impressed how he showed us the different vases and really took the time to listen. You will not regret selecting Yellow Door as your florist!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Anna · Married on 03/29/2014

John was very professional and extremely organized from the moment we had our consultation. He had great examples and great advice - so much so that we hardly changed anything from our initial consult to the day-of. He understood what we wanted and made sure it was executed perfectly. From the corsages to the bouquets to the centerpieces, we couldn't have asked for more beautiful flowers. We even kept a few after the wedding and they lasted at least a week (talk about fresh!). We highly recommend Yellow Door without hesitation to our closest family and friends.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/16/2013

I was completely satisfied with the process, and end result, of flowers from Yellow Door. I only needed personal flowers, including bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and a flower halo, and felt that John Duffy took my order seriously even though it was a smaller job. He was communicative, prompt, and made adjustments to accommodate my budget. I didn’t have especially strong preferences about the flowers, but did come in with some inspiration photos, and John helped understand what I would like by asking excellent questions. My mother-in-law and many guests were impressed with the flowers.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Susan · Married on 10/26/2013

The flowers at my wedding were amazing! John Duffy did a fabulous job. I showed him pictures of arrangements I liked and he made them even better. The centerpieces were perfect at the reception. He was very responsive and flexible, and everything was perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend Yellow Door Flowers!!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Yellow Door did an amazing job on my wedding in October! The quality of the flowers was truly top notch - and the price was so reasonable. John took the time in our consultation to really learn the flowers I liked and didn't, and asked all of the right questions to make me feel like we were on the same page with the look and feel of the design for the ceremony and reception. The large arrangments to fill the church and the restaurant were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. He was both timely and responsive to all of my concerns and made adjustments as needed approaching my big day. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding florals!

Sent on 12/08/2013

This is the second wedding where we have used Yellow Door Floral and once again we were completely pleased and satisfied. John is easy to work with, listened to what my daughter wanted and then delivered flowers that were even more beautiful than we envisioned. Everyone at the wedding commented on how beautiful the flowers looked!! The bridal bouquet was spectacular.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Sherry · Married on 09/14/2013

We worked with three flower vendors - Yellow Door Floral Designs, Da Vinci’s Florist and GreenWorks, before selecting Yellow Door to handle our wedding floral arrangements.

John Duffy from Yellow Door was wonderful to work with. His work is simply beautiful and value unmatched. He listened to our ideas, made suggestions and ultimately put together a stunning array of arrangements. Our guests raved about the designs and beauty of all the arrangements, and we could not have been more pleased. We highly recommend Yellow Door Floral Designs, for all your floral needs.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/31/2013

The floral arrangements at my wedding by John Duffy of Yellow Door Floral Designs were superb. I can’t begin to write about just how amazing the flowers were. From the floral arch under which my husband and I said our vows, to the spectacular focal point in the entry area, to the variety of floral arrangements in each room that adorned the café tables, to the floral bouquets that greeted guests as they chose their seats, to the bouquets carried by the bridesmaids, to the single orchids worn by the groom, and to the extra thoughtful touches of flowers for the godmothers – all were truly spectacular! I have a number of friends that I consider flower snobs when it comes to using flowers in exactly the correct way such that they make the ultimate statement. These friends all wanted contact information John Duffy. Lastly, and possibly most significantly, I must mention my cascading bridal bouquet of fuchsia phalaenopsis orchids. Truly breathtaking!!! My mother and I knew we were in good hands with Yellow Door Floral Designs from our first meeting with John Duffy when we saw his portfolio. It was extremely important to us that we work with someone who would actually listen to our thoughts about the look we wanted to create. John listened to and delivered on everything we said about our signature look. We are so very pleased that chose Yellow Door Floral Designs!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2013

John Duffy and Yellow Door Floral Designs were extremely easy to work with and really wanted my wedding flowers to reflect my tastes and style. Our initial consult was over an hour long and he helped me pick out flower styles I liked that were in season for my wedding. He typed up a well written proposal explaining all of the details of the specific designs and sent them via email. As the wedding date approached, he didn't give me a hard time when I wanted subtle differences in the designs or colors. He and his crew delivered the flowers on time to our church and venue and everything looked better than I imagined! Definitely made my life easier during planning. Thanks John!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Baht · Married on 06/23/2013

THE FLOWERS BY JOHN DUFFY AT YELLOW DOOR BLEW US AWAY. His vision was spot on and our wedding flowers greatly enhanced the room. My bridal bouquet was gorgeous as were my bridesmaids. He was smart at being cost effective by using centerpieces during the ceremony as aisle runners on columns. Each table had a different centerpiece and they were each unique and absolutely gorgeous. He knew the venue space well. He was patient while I figured out what I wanted. I loved the boutonnieres. The chuppah matched the room perfectly. I was extremely happy with Yellow Door.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2013

It was a pleasure working with John at Yellow Door. I was overwhelmed by colors and choices and he really was able to help guide me through the process. He was quick to respond to e-mails and adjust the proposal as necessary. He was not overwhelmed at all when I wanted to change the colors about a month away. He was very flexible! The bouquets, bouts, and centerpieces were beautiful! He also was able to create the simple, but beautiful chuppah that we wanted without much guidance from us. I was blown away with how perfect it was because it clearly demonstrated how he listened to what we wanted! His prices were very reasonable and he took the little input I gave him and created something beautiful.

Sent on 07/18/2013

The flowers at my ceremony and reception were BEAUTIFUL! John Duffy was fantastic to work with. He was always very responsive. I met with him and sent him pictures of what I wanted and he exceeded my expectations. We even kept a lot of flowers for our brunch the next day.

Sent on 05/23/2013

John has a keen eye for design and beauty. They don't disappoint and tell you exactly what you need. My flowers surpassed my expectations and everyone commented on the flowers.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Katherine · Married on 11/03/2012

We used Yellow Door Floral Designs after a friend referred us. Our contact was John Duffy and he was phenomenal. I had an idea of what I wanted for florals and John really helped us figure out what was right for the season and what florals looked good together. He gave us all the details we needed for the big day and was very flexible as we made changes to the floral order. What I loved most was that John provided us with a centerpiece when we went for our tasting at the reception. It gave me a chance to see the florals and I was in love. John made it all happen and was responsive. He wasn't afraid to offer other suggestions or advice and I appreciated it because he is the professional and knows best. The cost was super reasonable and we stayed within our budget. Yellow Door will help you achieve your budget as long as you're willing to make changes. Again, I would recommend Yellow Door hands down.

Sent on 11/28/2012