98 Reviews for Yellow Door Floral Designs

Chuppah Decor (3)
Non-Floral (3)
Single Flowers (3)
98 Yellow Door Floral Designs Reviews

John was just what we were looking for. He could create a picture of what we wanted and put it into action. His attention to detail was amazing and his work was gorgeous. Even better, I didn't even worry about his arrival or setup on the day of the wedding. Everything went so smoothly that I honestly couldn't be happier with our choice. I highly recommend Yellow Door!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The wedding flowers were gorgeous! We could not have been happier with them. It was amazing to see John convert what we had talked through and the photos we had showed him into a perfect floral display for us. He is clearly very experienced and knowledgeable. He offered lots of different options, was willing to make small tweaks, answered tons of questions for us, and was very responsive and professional. We really appreciated that he came for the walkthrough of the venue and was willing to make changes after we had decided on the initlal proposal. We got multiple compliments on how beautiful the flowers were! He was easy to work with even for somebody not as familiar with all the types of flowers and greenery. We were so happy we chose Yellow Door!

Profile Picture Sondra, 6/2/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

John and his team created the most beautiful floral arrangements for our daughter’s wedding at Westfield’s Marriott last weekend. My daughter had a vision for what she wanted her chuppah to look like and John exceeded our expectations. The bridal bouquets and table arrangements were beautiful and we received so many compliments from guests and even hotel employees. John was excellent to work with – he was always available to meet in person and by phone. The flowers were delivered and set-up on time. He listened to our suggestions and offered advice … even regarding the lighting in the room that the photographer greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend Yellow Door. You won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Arlen, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was worried about the flowers because I didn't have an idea of what I wanted. That was easily resolved once we chose Yellow Door. We had an initial meeting and after that it was so easy to get everything I didn't know I wanted.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Petals

From start to finish, John and his team listened and executed exactly the look and feel that our daughter dreamed of for her wedding day!! The final result was stunning and our guests raved about how beautiful the centerpieces, bridal bouquets and escort table looked. In addition, John and team created a totally different, colorful and casual look for the groom's parents who hosted a welcome party the evening before the big day. Equally perfect, they hit a home run for both of our families. John was responsive, easy to work with, exceptionally creative and made the wedding spectacular. We will forever be grateful for the beautiful and unforgettable "look" of this amazing event!

Profile Picture Kathy, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John Duffy at Yellow Door was a dream to work with.! He was our Vendor MVP! He was professional, responsive and understood my vision clearly and well. He was one vendor I didn't have to worry about - he was autonomous, on time and had good suggestions. He also went above and beyond, picking up the flowers at the end of the night and delivering them to our Sunday brunch venue. The flowers themselves were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS - even more beautiful than what I had pictured. And in terms of pricing, he is very reasonable for the DC area. A MUST for a DC bride.

Profile Picture Ally, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

John Duffy was so easy to work with and very flexible When he first met with us, he had a slide show filled with ideas with our color scheme. He truly is an artist. The flowers were magnificent. Every table at the reception was different some high, some low and some in between. They were not overwhelming but elegant. He made the church look so lovely and then proceeded to take those flowers and use them at different places at the reception. The bride's bouquet was exactly what she wanted and the bridesmaids were equally beautiful. John was amazing.

Profile Picture Arlene, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Single Flowers, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

John is creative and organized and did a wonderful job creating the beautiful floral designs for our wedding. We received many compliments and we loved the flowers!

Profile Picture G, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

John Duffy was absolutely fantastic to work with. From the moment I meet him on my first visit he was attentive and talked me through all my options. I was working on a budget and he helped design my flowers to meet my plan. When the day came I was absolutely stunned how beautiful everything was, especially the table centerpieces! He made my dreams come true (one of my colors was blue and he did a lot of work to keep my colors in the flowers).

Profile Picture Liz, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John was fantastic to work with! He took the time to understand our vision for our wedding and had excellent suggestions that were both beautiful and reasonably priced. The arrangements that they put together helped turn our venue into something truly magical. We very highly recommend working with Yellow Door!

Profile Picture Erin, 12/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Wonderful experience with Yellow Door Floral! Planning long distance and on a budget, I relied on John's expertise and design and everything was perfect and very elegant!

Profile Picture Heather, 11/19/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

We met with a number of florists, looking for someone who had good taste and would be reasonably priced. From the moment we met John, it was clear that he would be the perfect choice for us, and we couldn’t be more pleased with how everything worked out. He works out of his house in suburban Virginia, so his overhead is low, which probably makes it possible for him to provide very good value. Beyond that, he was very cost-conscious in terms of choosing flowers that would be beautiful, tasteful, and affordable at the time of year of our wedding. He has impeccable taste and style and is truly an artist with flowers. He was lovely to work with and reliable. When I wanted to incorporate peacock flowers in the boutonnieres, although he had never done that before, he was happy to work with me, and we got lots of compliments on them and on all of the flowers. The delivery and removal were both flawless. The chuppah and simple flowers worked perfectly in the Hotel Monaco (DC) ballroom, for a very reasonable price compared to other florists we met with. Highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture User6154564, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Chuppah Decor, Table Arrangements

I'm the mother of the groom and selected Yellow Door to handle the flowers for our rehearsal dinner. Because I live about 100 miles away, we did all the planning via email and telephone. John was familiar with our venue and came up with a great proposal, which I decided not to change at all. When I walked in on the night of the dinner I was thrilled with what he had done! The arrangements were even more beautiful than I had imagined!! Our venue was a restaurant with no windows, so I felt that the flowers were so important. We used lots of roses, and they were truly at their peak - just perfect! He created a large arrangement for the place card table, smaller arrangements for the guest tables for dinner, and bud vase size ones for the high cocktail tables. John did an outstanding job for the bride's family with the wedding flowers for the ceremony and reception the following day. I highly recommend Yellow Door Floral Designs.

Profile Picture Ann, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

You should probably stop your wedding florist search right now and just book Yellow Door. Seriously. I feel very strong about this. John Duffy did an incredible job with our wedding flowers and I really can't say enough about him!! We were married at the Hotel Monaco DC in April, and at first, I was going to have a florist friend do my flowers. I am SO glad that I decided to leave this in the very capable hands of Yellow Door. My friend who is a florist, saw the flowers and also the price and told me that she could not have done the quality of flowers for that low of a price. For someone who wasn't really sure what I wanted in terms of flowers, John was extremely patient and really listened to me. The result....was absolutely what I wanted (and didn't even know I did!) I can't tell you how many guests (even my father-in-law) came up to me during and after the wedding to tell me how gorgeous the flowers were. You know how you always hear that people don't remember the flowers from a wedding? Well, I actually think in this case, Yellow Door did such a stunning job that people will always remember the beautiful flowers from my wedding.

Profile Picture Mary, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Table Arrangements

Very creative and cooperative. Worked within budget and client desires.

Profile Picture Paul, 2/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I did my due diligence when it came to choosing an affordable, KNOWLEDGEABLE florist for my January 1 wedding. He was recommended to me by my (now) mother-in-law's friend who had used him for her daughter's wedding, and I was nothing short of amazed. He was reasonably priced, conscious of our budget, flexible and accommodating of our requests, and basically helped us create our vision for our dream wedding. He had his own ideas and suggestions, but never forced anything upon us or insisted we "needed" anything extraneous.

He was a pleasure to work with, and I will recommend his services to all of my friends and family who get married in the DMV area.

Profile Picture Karen, 1/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

John was great! I leave in MA and got married in DC. He was so flexible with his time to meet with me and my husband when we were in town. When I described what we were going for as the vision of our wedding he was the first florist (talked to about 8) that understood what I wanted. We had a very garden, loose floral look with baby ferns and white, green and peach flowers. It was exactly what I wanted. John sent us a detailed contract with every flower he was going to use and his cost was so reasonable. He made my day and vision come true. The colors were perfect and our guests were so impressed with the flowers. My mother in-law still talks about the escort table arrangement and she wished she could have taken it back to MA. We loved John!

Profile Picture User5340917, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We were very fortunate to have Yellow Door Floral Design create the most beautiful floral arrangements for our daughter's wedding. When we first met with John he understood our vision completely and took it even further than we could have imagined. He was absolutely wonderful to work with. The flowers over the old doors and the flowers he created for the aisle and trellis were breath-taking!! He worked so hard in the down pouring rain and we truly are so thankful. Luckily the sun came out and all of the beautiful creations were spotlighted. I can't say it enough John, thank you so much for making our daughter's wedding stunning! Clair and Dwayne Meranta

Profile Picture Clair, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John Duffy with Yellow Door was great to work with - he was responsive and thorough in all his communication. The flowers were amazing!! The day of flowers absolutely met his written description. I highly recommend Yellow Door!

Profile Picture User5158186, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John did an amazing job with our flowers. He was warm, friendly and listened to our ideas from the moment we met him. He took a collection of ideas and turned the arrangements, bouquets, and other floral details in to something more perfect then we ever could have imagined. The colors were vibrant, the flowers were breathtaking, and he put it together so effortlessly. It was a pleasure to work with John, and we would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

On the day we first met John Duffie of Yellow Door, my daughter, Sarah, and I knew immediately that he was the perfect person to work with us. We had met with other floral designers but we just hadn’t found quite the “right fit.” We had talked with some at wedding shows, we had meetings with others who made presentations to us on computer screens. And then we went to Yellow Door. Bingo!
Why did John and Yellow Door immediately stand out? His initial presentation! We met in his home/office. He had a round banquet table in his dining room with a table cloth on it. He had a large screen on the wall with a slide presentation of his wedding floral designs. The slide presentation was simply background “music” if you will – it was not the focal point of any power point demonstration. John’s presentation was masterful. He wants your thoughts…he gives you his. He expands on your thoughts – and then he goes to his basement and brings up all sorts of vases, flower boxes, and candles. He made us feel so much a part of his conversation….what works, what doesn’t work etc. He told us that the initial floral design often changes ….he is responsive to changes and he expects them as the day draws near.
EVERYONE just raved about the flowers! And raving they still are!
The passion for the work John does was so evident when we met him -- and it just exploded in color and design and hard work on this special day. John Duffie, we can’t thank you enough!

Profile Picture User5203626, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John was such a pleasure to work with! He was very professional and polite. He was the only vendor that kept me right below my budget! We got married at the Carnegie Institution for Science. My flower theme was all white and very modern. We had these long calle lilies that fanned out on top of the fake ice that were really gelatin tubes filled with water. This was an economical way to have half the number of flowers needed. John was able to take my vision and make it even better. I was so pleased at how the tables looked. They even delivered the flowers to the hotel and the venue which a time gap in-between without charging us extra. John isn't really reachable by phone but is responsive via email. You won't be disappointed with John. He really listens to what you want. Come prepared with pictures of what you are envisioning and he will take it to another level like you never imagined.

Profile Picture Kristy, 4/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

John Duffy at Yellow Door did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding! At our initial meeting I showed him a few images of flowers and arrangements I was interested in and he worked with me to achieve a similar, but unique look. He is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced, and I highly recommend him and his team for any event.

Profile Picture User4306669, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend with full confidence John Duffy and Yellow Door Floral Designs. John did all of the flowers for my sister's wedding six years ago and did mine this past February. Already knowing how incredible his work is we were still blown away by the truly stunning high and low floral arrangements, gorgeous bouquets, precious flower baskets, corsages and boutonnieres, not to mention the magnificent floral arrangement on the escort table. Walking into the ballroom was unbelievable, the flowers were beautiful and aromatic, it was just like a dream! In addition to being very reasonably priced, John is extremely talented, creative and easy to collaborate with to make sure your wedding is perfect for you. His experience, professionalism, attention to detail, and easy nature make him wonderful to work with. After confirming with John, he handled everything which was a huge relief when planning a wedding. We can't thank John Duffy enough for making our wedding so beautiful and special!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 2/7/15, 1 Review