89 Reviews for Yaritza Colon Photography

User Photos
+27
89 Yaritza Colon Photography Reviews

I found Yaritza's work when I searched the internet for wedding photos taken at the venue we booked. I was immediately attracted by the color and emotions captured in her photos. We specifically drove to Worcester to meet her since I thought it's really important to be able to connect with your photographer. After meeting her, I knew that we'd work together very well. My husband is very shy about photos but she managed to make him look more natural than he ever was in front of the camera. At the wedding she captured so many happy moments of us, our family and all of the guests. We both love the photos! In addition to her talent and personality, communication was smooth. I also appreciate that pricing is very transparent and all the billing, payment, and final delivery are handled by a nice online platform which make everything very easy. We cannot recommend Yaritza enough. Thank you for documenting our special day!

Profile Picture Shumei, 6/2/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding Yaritza was like finding the needle in the haystack! It took us forever to find a photographer that we liked in our budget. Like most photographers, Yaritza has a very specific style. It's very candid, and there are very few posed pictures, which is exactly what we wanted. She did a great job capturing the mood and vibe of the festivities and capturing honest, real moments. Every time I look at my photos, I smile, because she was able to capture the joy and love of our wedding day and translate it to film. She was also very responsive and flexible with our needs, and very non-intrusive on the day of - we were able to just be ourselves and forget that she was there, which worked out perfectly for us. I'm so glad we went with her!

Profile Picture Carol, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

One of the most important things we wanted when planning our elopement was proper documentation of the event (Sorry, Dad- your iphone candids bum me out). Cue Yaritza. She was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Not only was she friendly and funny (and a dog enthusiast) but incredibly professional. My husband and I both hate having our pictures taken. Yaritza made us feel very relaxed and gave us direction on poses and places to go. During the ceremony she was like a ghost ninja- it was like she wasn't there but she captured the whole thing beautifully from every possible angle. She delivered over 500 high-res photos from the three hours we were with her and every one whether candid or posed is amazing. Our day went by in a blur but these photos are perfect for reliving our elopement. I'll just be over here ugly crying over how beautiful they are. Whether you elope like us or you do a big shindig, I highly recommend Yaritza Colon.

Profile Picture Kristin, 2/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was the perfect choice for my husband and I’s New Hampshire wedding. We struggled for months finding someone in our price range and that would capture the look we were going for. Yaritza was incredibly quick to get back to me after I expressed interest in her studio. She asked about both of our families dynamics, what we were looking for, what we hoped for the ceremony/reception/overall feel of the wedding. I feel that gave Yaritza a really great idea going into it of exactly what we wanted. Day of, she was prompt, professional, and attentive. She met us and our bridal party at our air bnb to do getting ready/first look photos. Unfortunately it was raining (didn’t think I’d have to worry about that for my February wedding in NH) but we still have some really sweet photos of my husband seeing me in my dress. During the ceremony it never felt like Yaritza was imposing. There was no time when I felt she had disrupted the natural flow of the wedding and was in the right place for the right moments. We stepped out after the ceremony for some family and loved one photos which, of course I wanted some posed photos but I didn’t want to lose a lot of time from our cocktail
Hour or miss our reception. Yaritza breezes through our portraits with ease and we were back partying before we knew it! I didn’t expect this but some of the posed photos ended up being my favorites. We really wanted the food, the fun, and the friends and family to shine candidly in the reception/party photos. Which is exactly what we got!
The DAY my husband and I got home from our honeymoon we had our photos. We were absolutely in love with the service and the product we got using Yaritza. I would highly recommend using her for your special day.

Profile Picture Hayley, 2/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was THE best decision of our wedding. We were looking for a photographer who had a unique "lens" to the way moments were captured. All of the wedding coverage I saw from Yaritza had a beautiful and different perspective than other photographers I found. The composition, the color, the moments... she was different. And once we found her, there was no one that even came close!
Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever!!

Profile Picture Benjamin, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever.

Profile Picture Casey, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza wasn't pur first choice. Or even our second. But because of a series of strange events, we were introduced on the recommendation of another photographer. You know that saying, "If it's meant to be, it will"? Well, All I can say is the universe knew EXACTLY what it was doing when it put us in touch. Yaritza knew our aesthetic from the first conversation - her portfolio spoke to the candid, raw, emotional moments we were looking to capture (and without all the retouching that just isn't our thing). She met us in-person to go over the day, and throughout the process kept in touch and was very patient with me when it came to finalizing last-minute details (that should not have waited to the last minute, LOL). The day-of she was there but somehow managed to blend into the surroundings and just captured our loved ones in their element. She nailed it, and we could NOT BE ANY HAPPIER with our photos (which, by the way, were ready just a short few weeks after the shindig).

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I LOVED Yaritza!! We had a pretty intimate wedding and Yaritza was amazing at blending in! She captured so many moments that I didn't even realize she was there for! For the portraits, she made me and my husband laugh and feel very comfortable around her (we are not ones to take pictures often)! Overall, excellent quality and quick turnaround, would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

THE. BEST. Yaritza was fabulous to work with from day one and her photos are extraordinary. I cried happy tears when I saw them for the first time!

I interviewed at least 10 photographers who I didn’t click with before finding Yaritza. And then, from her first witty, personal email response that felt like we were already friends, I was in love. Her focus on getting a portrait of everyone at the wedding (because your guests are the best part!) and on naturally capturing happy moments really resonated with me.

On the day of, she managed the family dynamics and personalities seamlessly, didn't skip a beat when the schedule went out the window, made our couple pictures as non-awkward as possible, and was a blast to be around. She politely and expertly coordinated every group shot I asked for, and then blended into the background to capture the best candid moments from the most creative and organic angles.

And then there’s the actual pictures (which Yaritza edited and got back to us in just a few weeks). They are unbelievably, out-of-this-world good. You can feel the joy, the hugs, the sun, the smiles right through the screen when you look at her pictures. Yaritza did an amazing job capturing the natural beauty of our location, the happiness of the day, and the most special little moments that I didn’t even know happened. I just did a quick tally of 26 emails and texts from guests complimenting our photos + photographer. We love love love love love love the pictures!

Yaritza, you are extraordinarily talented and an absolute treasure. Thank you to infinity and beyond! We feel so lucky to have worked with you.

xo,
Leslie & Mike

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I don't have enough words to describe how helpful, kind and thoughtful Yaritza was as our wedding photographer. My husband and I remarked all night she was incredibly considerate and sweet, delicately rounding people up for group photos or quietly standing to the side capturing candids. Her photos are positively stunning - you can tell she takes such pride in her art. Beyond that, she went above and beyond helping find my lost groom and ensuring he met me in the right spot for our private first look together on the big day. There's so much magic that couldn't have developed without her guidance. I will always think of her and her grace and warmth when reflecting on that incredible and totally rad day. Working with her made me realize you need to be around a photographer on your wedding day who not only has skill but a lot of heart - she has a severe amount of both, and we can't recommend her highly enough!! Thank you, Yaritza!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was professional and wonderful to work with, she has a quiet and competent energy that will put you at ease the day of the wedding. I fell in love with her work when searching online, and the photos of our wedding did not disappoint! Highly recommended. Everyone is in love with our photos. We'll love the memories of this day for years to come.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

I don't give 5 stars lightly for anything, but Yaritza deserves all 5 (and more!). Besides her great eye for stunning candid shots which is what drew us to her in the first place, start to finish Yaritza was also a dream to work with as a vendor: always incredibly responsive, easy to be around and get along with, flexible but with a clear vision, professional but friendly, flexible, helpful, cool and collected, great taste (loved that she was as excited as we were for some of our quirky wedding details, like including the Jurassic Park theme), positive attitude without any cloyingness or fakeness (important in a sea of yes-men wedding vendors who can be annoyingly thrilled about every little thing), able to lead and direct effectively without being overbearing, offers comprehensive photo packages and easy credit card payments, quick in her delivery of resulting photos... I could go on and on.

She was really gracious and accommodating when it came time to take our engagement photos, which despite my husband and I being terrible at photos, came out amazingly thanks to her wonderful direction and framing. And she and her partner Michael were like amazing photo ninjas during the wedding day, taking shots I didn't even know about until we saw the end results, going the extra distance (standing in the rain without complaint!) and being generally sneaky and unobtrusive while capturing our day candidly as it happened, which is exactly what we had hoped for. I can't stop looking at the resulting 900 photos, in awe of how beautiful they turned out and how true she was to capturing the feeling of our wedding, and can't thank her enough for her effort and her vision.

Yaritza's the total package: an amazing photographer who is so easy to work with and just a really cool person in general. You'll initially be drawn in by her art, but you'll definitely want to hire (and also maybe be her friend?) for who she is and how she conducts business. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza recently photographed our wedding and I can't be happier with the results!
The photographs are beautiful and you can tell she really makes an effort to find moments happening everywhere all day. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married and looking for a photographer with an amazing eye.
Thank you!!!

Profile Picture User6807994, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very quick to respond. Flexible. Easy to work with. Great pictures. Quick turnaround. Would definitely recommend to others.

Profile Picture User6327036, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yaritza is the best. I was a little nervous having my wedding photographer fly in from 1000+ miles away, but it was easily one of the best decisions we made. We were even published in a print wedding magazine! Needless to say, the photos are amazing and I sound like a creep, but I totally still look at them every day. I get so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was from people who weren't there, which I think is really a compliment to Yaritza's ability to capture an event. Even more so when you consider she had never been to Austin before!

We felt completely at ease with her, including my husband who doesn't like being in front of the camera. I can't stress enough how much we appreciated her time and work, and what a pleasure she is to work with!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We've had the pleasure of knowing Yaritza from her years in the trenches taking photos at punk and hardcore shows so after that weddings are a cake walk. Yaritza was calm and relaxed during all of the bridal party shoots even when bridesmaids and groomsman were wandering all over the place! She took our suggestions and helped us visualize good spots to get lovely photos and rolled with the millions of family photos requested by our large families. Even if we didn't have prior knowledge of her work, Yaritza would be a top choice for our wedding photography because she is a talented professional that makes the process incredibly easy. Thanks Yaritza!

Profile Picture Paige, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza was absolutely wonderful to work with. Her work is beautiful, meticulous, and creative. She also has a unique lens and perspective with her photos that no one else seemed to have. Yaritza gave us a free engagement photo session in addition to our package, and she was great with encouraging my husband and I to feel natural in our pictures. On the day of, Yaritza and an assistant came to our wedding and both covered everyone well. They provided a ton of pictures to me afterward and Yaritza was quick with her turnaround time. It was so great having such an array of pictures- it felt like we were able to relive our wedding day all over again! Yaritza respected the different cultural components of our wedding by taking detailed pictures of all our cultural symbols. Her personality is relaxed, down-to-earth, and easy going. She was responsive and replied to all emails and contact in a timely manner. We would 100% go with Yaritza again because she has it all- the personality, the artistic creativity, and the professionalism you want from a photographer on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Karin, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza is A-MA-ZING! She was prompt and informative in answering all of her emails. Her wedding package prices were unbelievably reasonable and from the second we met her in person at our engagement photo shoot, I knew she was the perfect fit. On the day of our wedding, it poured. We had all these plans to take photos outside and my heart broke when I knew it wouldn't happen. But she came prepared for the weather and made a lot of suggestions for other photo ideas and our pictures came out great. We were even able to get a few shots outside with umbrellas, that came out wonderful. She managed to make a gray and dreary day seem bright and cheerful. I'm so glad we chose her to be our photographer, and I am sure you will be too!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/1/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza was a joy to have at our wedding. Her work is beautiful, creative and vibrant and has left us with many precious images from our day. She was great at listening and incorporating our requests, but she was also great at doing what she needed to do without any micro-managing. If I could do it over again, I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza was amazing; sweet, bubbly, confident, calm, cool, and collected on one of the most stressful days of my life. She responds to emails promptly - her price is incredible considering the quality of her work and I really could not find a photographer with a better package deal.
She was kind & non-intrusive to all of my guests, she did not bark orders at anyone, she was just an overall delight!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I highly recommend Yaritza Colon Photography! My wife and I had a very small (immediate family) same-sex outdoor wedding followed by brunch in downtown restaurant . Photography was one of our biggest expenses and something we were both picky about. I found Yaritza's website in a list of recommendations from a photographer friend. I fell in love with her photography and was thrilled when I realized she had special rates for very small weddings. I had my heart set on her as our photographer and would have been disappointed if she wasn't available. Lucky for us, she was!

Right from the first emails Yaritza was friendly and professional. She was great at responding to questions quickly. It was easy to pay the invoices online. The day of the wedding Yaritza arrived right on time -- actually, a bit early, so she was able to get a few shots of my hair/makeup appointment. She's friendly, cool, and a great calming presence! Yaritza was unobtrusive throughout the ceremony and brunch. My family thought she was fantastic. Our shy dog was part of the ceremony and Yaritza was patient and awesome with her. We received a beautiful flash drive of images very soon after the wedding. I usually hate photos of myself and had been insecure about being at my highest weight on the wedding day. Despite my own anxieties and insecurities I loved the photos. They were exactly what we'd hoped for. She did an incredible job of capturing the overall vibe of the day as well as some of the tiny details that made things special. Some of my favorites are the colorful shots of my wife and I together after the ceremony and some of the gorgeous grittier black and white documentary-ish photos at the reception brunch.

As our first wedding anniversary approaches I am still thrilled with our photos and so glad Yaritza was our photographer that day. I can't recommend Yaritza Colon Photography enough, especially if you're looking for a cool, laid-back, professional photographer for a small ceremony.

Profile Picture Christine, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I do not particularly enjoy having our photo taken, but for our wedding, we wanted photos that looked candid and natural, not posed, that would be pieces of art that we could proudly display in our home. I fell in love with Yaritza's style and she did not disappoint! Not only were the photos amazing, but she was fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. Our wedding was near my hometown in Providence, RI, but we organized and planned everything from overseas where we live in Australia. Working with Yaritza from afar was a breeze and she made us feel incredibly at ease leaving that aspect of the planning in her hands without a worry. She was very responsive and very accommodating with our schedule the week of the wedding when we arrived in town just a few days before. On top of that, the photos were gorgeous and really captured the day. If you're looking for amazing photos that are more than just your stock-standard wedding poses and a professional and easy going photographer, Yaritza is your gal!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I were looking for a photographer who could strike a nice balance between a journalistic and editorial look, capturing our families and guests beautifully while keeping it real. From the start, I loved the look of Yaritza's work and thought she would be perfect. Thankfully, she was available and was so easy to work with. She was great about communicating with us, getting a good read on us as a couple and what we were looking for, scheduling an engagement shoot, and finding a great second photographer, Masao, to join her, who was a perfect complement. Our engagement photo shoot was a great way to break the ice, and Yaritza made sure to put us at ease, make it fun, as well as experiment with lots of different techniques and perspectives. The day of the wedding, she and her 2nd photographer were great to work with- both unobtrusive, but also very creative, flexible and open to our ideas and requests. We got our photos about 4 weeks later via a link and dedicated webpage which we could share with our guests, and we were sent a thumbdrive with over 1,000 great shots. From start to finish, we have been so glad we were able to work with her, and LOVE our photos, from the classic shots, to the striking artful ones, to candid moments of friends and family.

Profile Picture Nahir, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are so thrilled we chose Yaritza to photograph our wedding! She captured our day so perfectly...not a detail went unnoticed; smiles, flowers, decorations that my mom spent hours on that I didn't get to see that day. Going through the pictures with my husband, we found ourselves reminiscing in "ooh's" and "aah's", happy tears and some giggles :-) Yaritza not only has a great talent, she is so easy to work with, fun to talk to, and always on her A game. She even surprised us with a second photographer!! Do yourself a favor and stop looking for your wedding photographer. Contact Yaritza and lock her in for your big day. You WILL NOT be disappointed...we promise :-)

Profile Picture Allison, 5/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I could not have asked for a better experience than the one we had with Yaritza. From out engagement photos to wedding photos, everything came out so beautifully. Yaritza has a great eye for composition and color, and also has a talent for catching the best candids. Every special moment that we were hoping to catch are now in frames in our home.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews