Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront Reviews

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 6
Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 7
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 11/11/2017

We had the most SPECTACULAR wedding reception at the Wyndham Grand! Brianna Coyle was our wedding coordinator, and she was simply amazing. She was extremely responsive and always willing to look into any requests that we made. I live out of state, and Brianna bent over backwards to accommodate my travel schedule while planning. Our wedding was in November, and guests STILL cannot stop raving - many said it was the best wedding they've EVER been to. Brianna and her team really went above and beyond to cater to our (and our guests') desires during our wedding. Our reception was tricky - we had too many guests to have a seated dinner in the Penthouse, but wanted those views! So we had to shuttle guests between Penthouse (cocktail hour), 6th floor Ballroom (dinner), and back up to Penthouse (first dance and rest of reception). Brianna and her staff made the process nearly painless. Throughout planning and the day of, I really felt like Brianna was personally invested in my wedding day. You won't get that everywhere! There are only a few very minor issues we had with our wedding at the Wyndham: (1) During dinner, our soup was served cold. To almost 200 people. This didn't go unnoticed, especially since we paid for both a soup and salad course. (2) The groom and I didn't get to eat any cake during dinner, and the venue didn't save us ANY. Neither the top of the cake *nor even a slice* was set aside for us to eat later. [Guests raved about the cake!] (3) Our florist gave hotel staff 2-3 centerpieces that they were instructed to give to us after the wedding. They kept them in the back of the hotel and did not notify us. Only because I texted my florist and asked if any were left did we find out. BOTTOM LINE: I would NOT hesitate ONE SECOND to host my wedding reception here again. P.S. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Presidential Suite. Myself, 8 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and ALL our hair/makeup staff used this to get ready. Perfect, gorgeous expansive space with STUNNING city views!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 14
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 15
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 16

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront's reply:

Hi Bridget! So glad hear how much you enjoyed your GRAND day with us! It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding! Our wedding team will be reaching out to you directly in regards to your concerns. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2018

2.4
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0

Beautiful Views, Not the Greatest Experience

In the end, our wedding turned out wonderful, but working with the Wyndham staff was a stressful process. The only good thing about having a wedding reception there is the beautiful view of Chicago from both the reception room and the terrace. Otherwise, there are other hotels in Chicago with more responsive staff, nicer guest rooms, nicer bridal suites, a groom's room (the Wyndham didn't even have one), and more competitive pricing. Should you decide to have your reception at the Wyndham, be sure to read the terms in the contract regarding the minimum and beware if their price quotes in the proposal. The pricing calculations they provided to us before we signed the contract was misleading and we were caught by surprise when the final invoices were sent. The city views from the reception room surely made up for the headaches we experienced in working with them, but in the end, we left with a less than ideal experience.

Sent on 10/20/2018