Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort Reviews

1 User photo

• Z

Zaida · Married on 06/23/2012

Mary Beth Gualtieri and Allyn Swalley:

Kudos to you both! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our wedding dreams come true! Our evening was magical, just like a fairy tale.

You are such an incredible team. We so appreciate your "can do" attitude from our initial planning stages through the actual wedding celebration. Your professionalism, enthusiasm, and dedication made it all possible. You had the expertise and patience to guide us through, at times, difficult choices to help us stay within our budget without sacrificing quality and elegance.

We are forever grateful to you both for your accessibility every step of the way. We had countless conversations with you and they were all positive exchanges of ideas. When the actual day arrived and the weather was creating lots of anxiety you both reassured all would proceed as planned. We believe God answered our prayers when the rain was delayed which allowed us to proceed with our wish to have the ceremony on the beach.

Our beach ceremony with the "starfish" arch at your location was breath taking and beautiful. The cocktail and reception rooms were exquisitely prepared, even beyond our expectations. The decorations (i.e. shells, sea glass, centerpieces, sandbox for the place cards), even the colorful turquoise napkins were perfect for our theme. By the way, the mahogany chairs were a great idea and added style and elegance. Additionally, please thank the entire friendly staff working our event including Annie, one of the servers, the bartender, and all others. Please don't forget to give a special thank you to Pasquale, the Executive Chef, who made sure the food was delicious.

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Just so you know, many of our guests have already called to tell us how wonderful and memorable our entire evening was on Saturday, June 23rd, 2012, our wedding day.

You will remain in our hearts for making it all possible.
    With hugs and love,
    Mr. Mike and Zaida Weaver

Sent on 06/26/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2012

I had my destination wedding at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort. We searched and searched the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area to find something that was elegant but also within our budget, finally we found the Wyndham! We could not have been happier with our selection. The staff was so professional and personable, helping me with anything and everything we needed. I met Mary Beth and Allyn the day before my wedding and they were so nice and professional. They explained their policy on when they have to make the determination to have the wedding on the beach or inside. Although it was a disappointment to have my beach wedding inside, it was the right decision that was made with input from both Allyn and my family. I was still able to take pictures on the beach before the downpour so that helped! The ballrooms at the Wyndham are newly renovated, with gorgeous modern chandeliers. Mary Beth and Allyn make a great team, coming from huge hotels they have the experience needed, but at the Wyndham it is an intimate location. They only do one wedding a day, and they make you feel like the star of the show. I can't say enough about the staff at the Wyndham! It's a great location, the beach is gorgeous, everything is new and renovated!

Sent on 06/17/2012

Liz · Married on 06/01/2012

Hello all you Beautiful Brides-To-Be,

Just wanted to add my 2 cents for what they are worth. Since all of our family and friends are so spread out we decided to have a destination wedding. After weeks of intensely searching I found the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort-GOD SENT!!! I choose them because our wedding was small and intimate and most of the resorts were completely unrealistic with their food and beverage minimums. MaryBeth Gualtieri was my first point of contact. She is so warm, detail oriented and genuinely cares. Because of her confidence I felt absolutely no need to stress. She had a timeline, list of vendors and tips to help me with the planning process. We corresponded via email and phone calls and she was always quick to respond.
    Upon arriving at the hotel she set up a meeting with her and the catering manager-Alan and their assistant Eric. These 3 individuals are nothing but professional. The day of the meeting Mary Beth greeted us with a hug and a big smile...incredibly warm! She introduced us to Alan and Eric both of which are amazing. The meeting was super easy, they knew exactly what they were doing.
    It was scheduled to be a beach wedding but mother nature at times does not cooperate. Both Alan and MaryBeth were amazing in redirecting the entire event indoors. They worked fanastically with all our vendors. The ceremony and reception areas looked absolutely beautiful. I used the hotel's centerpieces and they were so elegant. The chair covers and sashes added such a great look! Their wedding package is outstanding and the service is incredible. All of our family and friends were so impressed. Even the servers took the time to talk to us and were so incredibly accomodating. The food was amazing and all the guests agreed!
    Alan was so attentive the entire evening. I did not have to stress at all because he had it all covered. Just an amazing group of professionals to work with. We are so thankful to MaryBeth, Eric, Alan and all the servers, chefs for making our special day truly amazing!!! P.S. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful as well!

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 05/19/2012

I am a first time wed older bride. I wanted to feel like a princess and my fiance wanted a beach wedding. After looking at many venues and not finding that "special one", we happened to drive by the Wyndham and went in without an appointment. We walked out an hour later with a venue and a signed contract. Why? We met Mary Beth Gualtieri, event planner for the hotel. She listened, discussed what would best fit our budget, and without even knowing what we really wanted, instinctively guided us towards what would be my dream wedding. Mary Beth is real. I wasn't talking to a sales person but rather someone who wanted my dream to come true. No matter how many questions I had, she was always available to answer them by email or phone. She was never too busy. If she felt that an idea I had may not be the best, she would listen then explain why but always let it be my decision. She recommended vendors and I used most of them. They all provided the same high level of professionalism that she did. I also worked with the catering manager Allyn. What a team they made. My wedding took place on May 19, 2012. It rained buckets. We could not get married on the beach but the inside room was set up beautifully. The cocktail hour was supposed to be by the pool but they set it up inside and it was flawless. After waiting almost 60 years, yes I was disappointed with Mother Nature but Mary Beth and Allyn were in touch with me, assuring me that it would be perfect and they did not lie. Chef Jose created dishes that were amazing. We had a fish and chicken entree. I did not have one complaint. The food was incredible. My guests complimented the appetizers. They were hot, tasty and the presentation was great. The room was set up as I requested. Both Allyn and Mary Beth made sure that everything was flawless. Allyn was a gracious host as well as managing a very pleasant staff. The servers were wonderful. Having been in the hotel a few days, the banquet servers also worked in the hotel during the day. They knew our names, the names of my guests. They made them feel welcomed and special. Everyone had a wonderful time. Any requests we had were honored, highchairs, special meals for allergies etc. I wish I had one negative thing to say about the event, but I don't. We had a breakfast for our guests the next morning. The room was just as beautiful the next day. The breakfast food was delicious. I think you get the point.
    If you are looking for a venue with a breathtaking view of the ocean, an event planner (Mary Beth) who will devote themselves to your special day, a catering manager (Allyn) who will provide service beyond your expectations and servers (Ann and Lorraine to name a few) who will make your guests feel that it was worth every minute to come to your affair and food that is phenomenal (thank you Chef Jose) then please call Mary Beth and talk to her about your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Anne M. · Married on 05/18/2012

My husband, parents, guests and I were very happy with my ceremony and reception at the Wyndham Beach Deerfield Beach.
    I had never stayed at this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised. My husband and I liked it better than our honeymoon spot. The staff from the bell boy, to Kelly the concierge, to Mary Beth and Allyn were wonderful. My wedding went off without a hitch, and it was a wonderful experience. I planned it from afar and Mary Beth helped me with my vendors and planning (who needs a wedding planner when you have Mary Beth!) If you are shopping for a fun beach venue that is comfortable for your guests, while also offering them the sense of location, nightlife and vacation in South Florida at an affordable price. This is your place!

Anne Marie & Dan Restrepo

Sent on 05/27/2012

Kim · Married on 04/22/2012

I arranged a vow renewal ceremony for my in-laws for their 35th wedding anniversary from out of state. This day turned into such a magical and memorable day for our entire family! I highly recommend the Wyndham Deerfield Beach resort for any type of function. We had the renewals take place on the beach and it was absolutely gorgeous. Every staff member I worked with was fantastic! Mary Beth covered every detail with me all through emails and phone calls since I was out of state. She is such a professional and had the nicest most genuine personality who truly wanted to make our event spectacular and that she did. She became someone I could count on and knew the job was going to get done perfectly. Allyn was with me for the entire event making sure every detail and need was covered even watching over the beach for me to keep everything just right. I can not forget to mention our wonderful server Annie who had the best personality and service we could have asked for. The chefs made us the most delicious meal and the bartender was terrific. They even made us my mother-in-laws special dessert by request. There were no flaws on this day and it was truly perfect! Mary Beth and Allyn even followed up with us the day after the function. 5 stars across the board!!! This is a day our family will always cherish and will never forget! We were truly blessed to have found the Wyndham through a simple Google search and are we thankful!!!

Tanequa · Married on 03/10/2012

We had our wedding at the Wydham in Deerfield Beach in March, 2012. We booked the venue before the hotel was completely built as I felt in my heart it was going to be beautiful and it was. With the planning of any wedding you will have your ups, downs and last minute surprises so it helps to have a support team that is looking out for you every step of the way and that is exactly what you have at the Wyndam Beach Resort. The staff is excellent and we are very happy that we chose to have our reception at this hotel.Thank you to all who assisted us on our wedding day God Bless you all. Tanequa and James Brown

Sent on 06/05/2014

Meredith · Married on 11/11/2011

Handel from Eddie B was Great!

Sent on 06/02/2012

Marie · Married on 07/10/2010

The first time my Husband and I met Mary Beth we knew she was the right match for us to have our daughter's wedding at The Wyndam Deerfield Beach FL.
    We immediately told Tina she had to come down and meet this wonderful person.
    Mary Beth was the the BEST. She was like a family member and still is. From the first stages of planning till the last guest left Mary Beth made sure every detail was covered.
    The wedding on the beach was spectacular. She over saw each step from the first moment we arrived to the actual wedding and for days after. I think Mary Beth had alot to do with the beautiful weather also. She had quite a few people praying. The cocktail hour by the pool was beautiful. The entire staff had our guest saying how wonderful and attentive they all were. Each and everyone of the vendors that our daughter choose, and Mary Beth gave us a few to choose from were absolutely great. Especially DJ Ray who had everyone up and dancing the whole night. All of the vendors from the cake, the lighting, servers, bartenders, The hair and make up artist that came to Tina's room to get all the girls ready, photographer,flowers,chocolate fountain, the beautifullly decorated room, we could not have asked for more. We received so much more. We were treated like family from Mary Beth and Allan and the entire Wyndam family. It was a magical night for our daughter Tina and her husband Bob. We like to thank everyone again and again. We love you Mary Beth.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Michael · Married on 12/28/2013

As the clergy performing the wedding, I would say the entire staff was excellent to work with. Mary Beth was an outstanding professional who understands the importance of the event and does a superior job of keeping things "light." EVERY employee from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the events department, to the hotel restaurant/bar was courteous, willing to help, and schooled in good old fashion customer service. I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in having a memorable event they can be proud of. I was also father to the groom which made for an extraordinary event...Mary Beth and her crew were aware of this unique situation and I felt went the extra mile to insure I had everything I would need.

Sent on 01/17/2014

The wedding packages at Wyndham are very reasonable compared to other venues. They have one of the best locations with the beach right at your fingertips and their prices are unbeatable for what you get.
    The rooms and the ocean view are breath taking. We couldn’t go on a honeymoon so the 2 night stay at the Wyndham felt like we were in paradise.
    So we got the best of both worlds. Good prices and an awesome honeymoon

Chef Jose is a great chef. We had Chicken Francaise and New York Strip Steak for our guests and Jose made a separate Entree for me and my husband. I had the Salmon and my husband had the Churrasco Skirt Steak. YUMMY !!! (My husband is very picky with his food and he really enjoyed his Steak).
    All my guests were impressed with the food. They kept saying how fresh and warm the food was compared to other weddings they’ve attended where food is usually cold and disgusting.
    The hors d' oeuvres were of the chart too.

Annie and the rest of the team were also amazing. Annie made sure at the end of the night all of our gifts were delivered in our room and made sure I didn’t forget anything.
    Also, I wanted my sashes tied a certain way and Allyn took a video of it while I was tying the sash on the chair and made sure the whole team knew how to tie them on the day of my wedding. They did an awesome job.

It was a really long day for us since not only we had our Wedding we also had our daughters Christening on the same day.
    Mary Beth went above and beyond to satisfy us. Right after we had our 2 hour long church wedding and Christening, Mary Beth made sure we had hors d' oeuvres and champagne in our room before the pictures so we wouldn’t be hungry.

We had an amazing time and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
    Mary Beth and Allyn thank you for taking such good care of us.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Susan · Married on 06/08/2012

As the mother of a hard working bride, I got the task of finding a place to have my daughter's dream destination wedding which meant Beach wedding. Because of guests arriving from international destinations we had to choose a place within close proximity to Miami International and places Southwest Airlines goes. So I started looking at all the hotels thru Goggle Earth and started calling to find a reception venue which in Florida is no small task, especially since I have never been to any Florida beach. I called a ton of hotels, but once I spoke with Mary Beth Gualtieri I knew I had found the right place. I had a small budget pp and she was able to work with my numbers and get the price exactly where I felt comfortable. Very affordable!!! No reason to pay $80 pp when the Wyndham is doing the reception. We had appitizers, 4 hour open bar, 2 choices of entree's (Chicken Marsella and Steak Chimmichuri), champagne toast, dance floor for 32 people on a Friday night. AMAZING!!! Because they are NOT a big impersonal hotel, they served delicious fresh tasting food. The Bride and Groom are Foodies and they loved it! The hotel was also an affordable option for my guests at a wonderful beach front hotel that sat right on the Atlantic Ocean by the pier. I planned the entire wedding thru emails and phone calls. The whole Wyndham Staff was very professional, but very friendly and personable. Met MaryBeth for the first time the day before the wedding and felt so comfortable and relaxed because they had everything under control! You don't need to pay a wedding planner $3,000 when you have MaryBeth and Allan. They will supply you with their trusted vendors but you can hire other vendors if you want - I hired many that were not on their list. No problem. Bottom Line...If you are having a smallish destination wedding and you want a beautiful beach location, Deerfield Beach Wyndham is a fabulous choice! You won't be dissappointed!

Jeff · Married on 06/20/2014

We had a wedding on the beach in front of the Wyndham and then reception inside the ballroom. Allyn, the Catering Director, was excellent. He accomodated all of our needs and his wait staff was amazing. They were all so sweet and gave my partner and I hugs. I really felt that we were more than just customers for them. Allyn was excellent in working with us for the open bar changes and all meal changes. We mainly worked with Mary Beth who helped us from the beginning. From looking at a variety of places she helped us decide on the Wyndham. She was excellent and gave us lots of ideas. Overall we had very little stress in the planning with their help. Unlike most venues, the Wyndham was able to help us pick a package ala carte that worked best for us with food and alcohol.

Finally, we had many out of town guests that stayed at the hotel as well as ourselves for a few days and everything was great. The front desk staff is amazing and everyone is very friendly. I would definitely recommend the Wyndham and look forward to going back there for our 1st anniversary.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Robin · Married on 03/02/2013

hotel arranged large block of good priced rooms for our over 40 guests .bridal suite was roomy and accommodating. Has adjoining room for larger parties. We used the catering for a fabulous brunch on sunday. staff was helpful and responsive. Guests loved the location and convenience of not needing a car. Restaurant was friendly and food was good. Concierge service was warm and helpful for any issue. Beautiful settings for photos.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Erin · Married on 04/14/2012

To all furture brides-to-be, I highly recommend the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort for your reception venue. We held our wedding reception there on April 14, 2012 and everything was perfect! It was a pleasure working with Mary Beth from the beginning. She was attentive to our wants and needs and we believed in her because of her experience that she would help us make our wedding day perfect and it was! The day I met Allyn, all my worries were at rest. He gave me a sense of confidence that all the events for the day of the wedding would run smoothly, and he exceeded my expectations.
    Unfortunately it was too windy to hold our cocktail hour poolside, but the staff did an amazing job turning the pre-function area into our cocktail hour!
    In speaking with some of our family and friends, we have heard nothing but wonderful things about the food including all appetizers and entrees. The wait/bartending staff, including Annie, Bonnie, Simone, Margaret, Denise, John, and Murat, were all wonderful and accommodating, making sure that we had everything we needed at all times.
    I cannot thank everyone at the Wyndham enough for everything they did for us! I would definitely recommend your venue to others and will consider it for future events as well!

Jimmie · Married on 04/21/2012

The Wyndham Deerfield was a great location for our wedding and Mary Beth was the amazing! The Wyndham Staff were accomodating and all around flawless. The food served during the wedding (we had NY Strip and Mahi Mahi) was tasty and not your normal over cooked bland wedding food. Everything is made then and there so the food is not sitting under a hot light for any amount of time. It was definitely the BEST wedding food I've ever had...it was also a nice touch that the chef came out from behind the kitchen and personally served us our food!

The venue itself (reception area) is just standard/average so to spruce it up, we ordered "up lighting" from Eddie B & Co and we were very happy with the way that looked. It is great that the hotel is beachfront and the ocean view rooms are a real treat. If the weather cooperates, you will be luckier than us however I like that Mary Beth and the Wyndham had a back up plan all ready to go when it started raining.

The pricing is very reasonable for what you get and I highly recommend this Hotel and Mary Beth!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Mary Beth was very nice and loved her from the moment I met her. It rained right before our ceremony and she did everything to fulfill our wishes to have our wedding on the beach. The only thing was I spent a lot of money on our sand ceremony set and due to the rain our table was blown over and the top was lost to our vase. We have never received it. We also lost other items, but the topper was important to me, because I had our names engraved and now were left without a topper. Also, the sand was all wet and we didn't know it until after we poured the sand, but there was more sand put away under the table, which was dry. We also did not like the fact that two days after the wedding she came to find us on the beach to take payment again, because they made a mistake and did not charge for gratuity. This was our time to relax and I felt like it should have been taken care of prior to the wedding. With all that being said we loved the Wyndham hotel and enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very nice. Although, could be crowded with all the luggage and decorations we brought. We stayed a week and that was probably too long. Alan was also wonderful and I loved him also. He was always there when I needed something and the reception turned out great because of him. The food was exceptional at the reception and cafe. We ate downstairs every morning. Overall, we had a great trip. :))

Sent on 05/06/2014

Juan · Married on 05/23/2014

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

The venue was great, it was everything we wanted and more. Mary Beth was very helpful and was always willing to work with us and our budget.

Sent on 06/15/2014