77 Reviews for Wrights Mill Farm

Plated (1)
House Wine (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Chair Covers (1)

Amazing venue and amazing food. Worked so hard to make sure my day was amazing!

Profile Picture User3305442, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Curt and his staff at Wright's Mill made our day the most wonderful day it could possibly have been. From the ceremony, which was perfectly done, to how they took us around for photographs, to the immense amount of extremely good food, they made this night truly wonderful. Everything about Wright's Mill was wonderful. If I would have one suggestion for the staff at Wright's Mill it would be to make the beef skewers into an entree, because if I did not have prime rib waiting for me, I would have just taken a plate of those and finished them off.

If you have always dreamed of a wonderful outdoor wedding, do yourself a favor and go here. It is worth it.

Profile Picture Tim, 6/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wrights Mill Farm in the perfect place for a wedding! They are very organized and know exactly what they are doing! The ceremony space outside is beautiful and the reception space as well! I would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Robin , 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wright's made my wedding day beautiful! I got married outside at the waterfall, it was so scenic- looked like something right out of a story book. The entire venue was gorgeous. The property is full of luscious green grass and beautiful flowers. It's affordable and breath taking! The food was amazing, I felt as if I was eating at a five star restaurant! Wonderful place! The owner, Curt is one of the nicest guys I have ever met! Very professional! Wrights also did my cake, it was so tasty and beautiful!

Profile Picture User2678596, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great food, great place, great service. They are always there to help out with anything they can. Very friendly and easy to work with, and make planning easy.

Profile Picture Tom/Chrissy, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Curt and his staff at Wright's Mill Farm could not have been more attentive to our needs. Great attention was paid to every detail and every possible effort was made to ensure that the day was perfect!
We had several guests who are in both the Hospitality and the Food Service industries who found both the venue and the food to be among the best they have seen both personally and professionally. Several times during the evening we were approached by either Curt personally,or a member of his staff asking if there was anything that they could do, if everything was to our liking, and double checking that we were completely satisfied.
The food was absolutely delicious, and the menu options offered a nice variety and very affordable pricing options. Everything was served hot, fresh and again ,by staff who could not do enough to see that we were completely happy with everything.
The cake that we chose could have been an obstacle, and when we first discussed it we were expecting to have to settle for something more traditional because it was quite different and very detailed. We were pleasantly surprised when Curt said "We'll make it happen". We were more than happy with the final result, it was simply amazing! It was truly a work of "edible art" and was exactly as we had envisioned it!
We would definitly recommend Wright's Mill Farm for weddings,anniversary's or any type of function. In a day when service is a highly limited commodity, these folks have it down to an art form!

Profile Picture User2518545, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had a fantastic time--thanks or everything!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 6/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have been to Wrights Mill for several weddings and other events and I could not say more about this venue. The waterfall for an outdoor wedding is beautiful, counrty at its best! The food is always amazing, the staff very efficiant and the view makes the day perfect. I have been to a wedding inside and at the pavillian both perfect for any gathering.

Profile Picture User2553469, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Linda at Wrights Mill, was so easy to work with and helpful. When I needed to change my ceremony to there, it wasnt a problem. The day/evening went great and I felt at ease with Linda there to help. She kept everything flowing and gave helpful suggestions to me and my photographer. The food there was amazing, I didnt even do a taste test and everything was above and beyond our expectations. They are willing to work with you and there every step of the way, they do whatever they can to make your day special and go smoothly. I cant say enough good things about them, and would gladly recommend them to anyone. I still have people talking about how awesome our wedding was and here it is a year later.

Profile Picture Becky, 6/11/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married here in 2010. The staff were professional, kind, courteous, and easy to talk to. The food was outstanding and the staff made everything flow easily. They made our day effortless!

Profile Picture User7100405, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved every part of the wedding day. This venue is the perfect location for a fall wedding. It is for the bride looking for rustic elegance in the best of the seasons! Awesome view, unique venue, and awesome location for pictures

Profile Picture Meg, 10/17/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Such a wonderful place to get married! Staff was very helpfull and willing to adjust to my needs and wants. Food was fantastic! Beautiful place to have pictures done. If your looking for a country but elagant wedding venue, this is it!

Profile Picture Jeannifer, 4/26/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Wright's Mill is AWESOME!! We got married there on 6-21-2008, and we could not have asked for a better day! Linda and Curt were wonderful, and they made sure our day ran smoothly. Beautiful location, excellent food! They customized our brunch wedding and our guests loved it. We also had our rehearsal dinner there at the outdoor pavilion and it was great!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/21/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing People!!! They had a very rough year, but they’ve come together to make our day wonderful! All of the staff were top notch and helpful to the max on our day! I’d recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff and planners were absolutely phenomenal! Our day went so smoothly because of the expertise of the staff! We loved the uniqueness and personalization of the ceremony and reception sites. Our family and friends are still raving about how wonderful the food was! Our one and only critique was that a lot of our quests said that they did not receive some of the passed hors d'oeuvres as well as the cake. There was also a lot of food left over that was not offered to us or our quests to take home. (We chose the buffet dinner so all of our food was already paid for) Other than these minor details, our day was perfect and we couldn't of asked for a better venue! We just wished we took their advice on DJ services as well! They really do know what they are taking about!

Profile Picture User4127654, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

This is the absolute perfect place to get married! The people are just wonderful to work with. Although I initially started working with Linda, she became unavailable come the time for our wedding. Although it made us a little nervous everything turned out perfect! We also did our florist thru Wrights Mill. Although my bouquet wasn\'t exactly what I wanted it was still gorgeous, and our centerpieces (which I pretty much let her do what she thought worked for flowers) came out fantastic! Wouldn\'t change a thing!

Profile Picture Christen, 6/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Wright's Mill is AMAZING! They take care of everrything for you and are very flexible. I mostly dealt with Linda and she was wonderful. It was so nice to have the food, cake, ceremony, and reception all taken care of by one person.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/13/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Beautiful place to have your special day. We loved the locations and options that we had to chose from. When looking at other weddings I feel like the other couples had a more personal relationshipnwith the staff than we did. Also I do not feel like I had enough clarification on my contract which could have been my own fault as well. I would definitely recommend wrights mill farm 100% to anyone looking to get married or having a party or renewal ceremony, I want to get married just to do it all over again

Profile Picture Jenelle, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We wanted our wedding to feel informal and fun, but still wanted it to feel like a wedding - and definitely needed the venue coordinator to be both flexible and on-top-of-things since were were planning from out of state.

Linda, the coordinator, is "no-BS", and super-professional. She respected our budget, gave us tons of options, and never tried to up-sell us (in fact, quite the opposite - helped us decide when an additional cost was worth it, and when it was not!) She has a ton of experience, and always makes you feel like your event is very important to them, and that everything will work out in the end.

Venue is beautiful, especially for a fall wedding. We got married in October and used the waterfall area for our ceremony. Our photos were nothing short of amazing, with the leaves changing color. The venue is usually decorated with seasonal items, which worked for us given our autumn theme, and cut down on the cost of decorating every beam or pole in the lodge!

Staff is also great - kept our guests happy with lots of food and drink. In terms of flexibility: you have to use their chef, but the food is AMAZING. Lots of choices and flexibility within the menu. We did the buffet that was one step up from the lowest price. You can bring your own cake, but their package includes one, so we did that. Cake was totally passable, as we didn't have a huge opinion on the cake.

They have a local florist (third party), who is sweet and despite little direction from me, came up with the most beautiful and vibrant bouquets that looked fantastic in photos. We did our own centerpieces to cut down on the total flower costs.

If you look at their liquor/beer list, it is limited, but it's due to storage space - we asked them to get a few different beers and liquors, and they were more than happy to add them for us at no extra charge (because the prices were in the same range). Basically, any change we asked to make along the way, they were super-flexible with - we just needed to ask.

A few items to note - it's in a rural area. Closest major hotels are about 25 minute drive. We hired a shuttle bus for guests , although many still drove. For us, we loved feeling remote, like our wedding was the ONLY place to be that day! Also, Linda prefers in-person meetings for major check-ins, so we had to travel to the site from Boston 2-3 times over the year-long planning process. If you live too far away to meet in person here and there, it would work, but probably not as well. However, we did most minor decisions, guest list changes, etc. via email all along the way just fine.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/22/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Great job. The wedding coordinator, Linda, is excellent. She is so helpful and anything you ask. She makes sure the day goes perfectly.

Profile Picture Tanya, 8/6/11, 5 Reviews
4.7

Wright's Mill Farm and the staff that work their are wonderful! We had our wedding there on September 18th, 2016 and it was everything we imagined. It was rustic with the touch of class. The fact that they handled so much of the work was fabulous. They had the ceremony and reception site, the caterer, a DJ, the cake, and a reverend all available. All I had to worry about hiring was a florist and photographer. When we heard there had been a fire, we were nervous but that didn't seem to phase the staff. I can not say enough good things about Wright's Mill Farm. The food was excellent, the ceremony was exactly like we wanted, the music selection was popular with the guests, and the whole afternoon went so smoothly. When I would wake up in the middle of the night with crazy questions that only a bride will stress about, I would email Curt, from the venue, and he would get back to me typically within a few hours, if not sooner. I strongly recommend Wright's Mill Farm.

Profile Picture Kaylyn, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres

Wonderful place. Made my reception wonderful and perfect!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/28/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Food was excellent and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location! Thank you again for everything :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our overall experience with Wrights Mill Farm was great. Of course everyone notes the little things that go wrong during there wedding. We recently wed at Wrights Mill and had little to complain about other than some minor details. The location was beautiful and they decorated the outdoor pavilion for us. It was nice of them, but we weren't informed of this until the day before the wedding when we brought all our own decorations there to set up. Glad I spend so much money on decorations! We ended up setting up a few battery operated lanterns, but they never turned them on for us during the reception. When asked about them, we were told none of them worked. Mind you, we put brand new batteries in them the day before, and they were checked to make sure they worked as well. I'm not sure how that happened...
Another minor issue we had, was with how things were laid out for the reception. Our gift and candy bar table were switched, so people ate all the favors during the cocktail hour instead of when cake was being served as intended. And when they placed out the candy, they never removed the plastic wrap we placed over the jars to keep dust and dirt out during travels. It looked sloppy and I was really disappointed with it's presentation. I was also told that there was no food during the cocktail hour and that it went really quickly. It was more of a cocktail 15 minutes. Many of my guests did not have any food until dinner...
Linda knows what she is doing, but we found her to be very rude. On our wedding day she YELLED at us because we weren't moving fast enough during our pictures and directions were not clearly given to us. Many of our guests and family members also noted that she was not very friendly. She told one of my bridesmaids (who had to miss rehearsal) "I hope you know what you're doing" right before she was to walk down the isle. We felt that she was more stressed than we were and took it out on us and our guests. My dress arrived late to the ceremony, so when I finally got it on, she rudely told us to get in our cars, and literally took off in her jeep expecting us to follow her on the path we didn't know. Luckily the property is small enough that my bridesmaids were able to find us.
One last thing also happened. We had a picture frame for our guests to sign. After the wedding, we could not find the glass to it. So we contacted Linda, and she basically told us we brought it there broken, so her staff members threw it away. But...Curt would replace it for us. It was a nice gesture, but I couldn't believe the way she stated it to us like it was our fault. We know it wasn't broken because we transported it and brought it in to be stored for the night. Accidents happen, so it wasn't a big deal, just frustrating how it was handled. Luckily it was only $7 to replace, so we didn't bother asking for a reimbursement.
I hope this review doesn't turn you away from Wrights Mill. It truly was a beautiful place and we felt that they were very accommodating to our needs. They helped build a package for us and responded to emails promptly with any questions we had.

Profile Picture Erika, 5/28/11, 1 Review
4.3

An outstanding venue for the reception. Our ceremony was elsewhere, but when we toured we saw the available spaces. The lodge is spacious and very well maintained and decorated. The only item of concern we had was that the beer of choice (Samuel Adams) ran out about halfway through the reception; however, they were definitely able to provide other drinks for the remainder of the event.

Profile Picture James, 9/2/06, 5 Reviews