Wrights Mill Farm Reviews

Wrights Mill Farm 6
Wrights Mill Farm 7
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/11/2011

Linda at Wrights Mill, was so easy to work with and helpful. When I needed to change my ceremony to there, it wasnt a problem. The day/evening went great and I felt at ease with Linda there to help. She kept everything flowing and gave helpful suggestions to me and my photographer. The food there was amazing, I didnt even do a taste test and everything was above and beyond our expectations. They are willing to work with you and there every step of the way, they do whatever they can to make your day special and go smoothly. I cant say enough good things about them, and would gladly recommend them to anyone. I still have people talking about how awesome our wedding was and here it is a year later.

Sent on 06/12/2011

Amy · Married on 07/10/2010

We were married here in 2010. The staff were professional, kind, courteous, and easy to talk to. The food was outstanding and the staff made everything flow easily. They made our day effortless!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Meg · Married on 10/17/2009

I loved every part of the wedding day. This venue is the perfect location for a fall wedding. It is for the bride looking for rustic elegance in the best of the seasons! Awesome view, unique venue, and awesome location for pictures

Sent on 11/04/2009

Jeannifer · Married on 04/26/2009

Such a wonderful place to get married! Staff was very helpfull and willing to adjust to my needs and wants. Food was fantastic! Beautiful place to have pictures done. If your looking for a country but elagant wedding venue, this is it!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2008

Wright's Mill is AWESOME!! We got married there on 6-21-2008, and we could not have asked for a better day! Linda and Curt were wonderful, and they made sure our day ran smoothly. Beautiful location, excellent food! They customized our brunch wedding and our guests loved it. We also had our rehearsal dinner there at the outdoor pavilion and it was great!

Sent on 07/12/2008
  • Laura

Laura Scheuy · Married on 09/24/2005

Gorgeous place, great staff

The rustic atmosphere was just what we wanted when planning our wedding. Once we started making plans, the staff at Wright's Mill made it so easy! The day of our wedding, we had no cares, no worries as the staff took care of everything, from getting us to where we're supposed to be, to even putting a drink in our hands! :) The horses and wagons for both us and our guests were a beautiful touch. The grounds are gorgeous, the reception hall tastefully decorated. Really have nothing but great things to say about Wright's Mill! My ONLY disappointment was because of the dry weather, there was no water running through the falls at the ceremony sight, but Mother Nature is in control of that!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Wrights Mill Farm's reply:

Thank You. We fixed that water problem with a Dam so we never run out Glad you enjoyed the day. Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Cheryl · Married on 08/09/2003

Beautiful settng

I was married there Fifteen years ago. This is a beautiful country setting with all of the perks that go with an updcale venue without the high price.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2017

Amazing People!!! They had a very rough year, but they’ve come together to make our day wonderful! All of the staff were top notch and helpful to the max on our day! I’d recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/26/2017

The staff and planners were absolutely phenomenal! Our day went so smoothly because of the expertise of the staff! We loved the uniqueness and personalization of the ceremony and reception sites. Our family and friends are still raving about how wonderful the food was! Our one and only critique was that a lot of our quests said that they did not receive some of the passed hors d'oeuvres as well as the cake. There was also a lot of food left over that was not offered to us or our quests to take home. (We chose the buffet dinner so all of our food was already paid for) Other than these minor details, our day was perfect and we couldn't of asked for a better venue! We just wished we took their advice on DJ services as well! They really do know what they are taking about!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Christen · Married on 06/15/2012

This is the absolute perfect place to get married! The people are just wonderful to work with. Although I initially started working with Linda, she became unavailable come the time for our wedding. Although it made us a little nervous everything turned out perfect! We also did our florist thru Wrights Mill. Although my bouquet wasn\'t exactly what I wanted it was still gorgeous, and our centerpieces (which I pretty much let her do what she thought worked for flowers) came out fantastic! Wouldn\'t change a thing!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2008

Wright's Mill is AMAZING! They take care of everrything for you and are very flexible. I mostly dealt with Linda and she was wonderful. It was so nice to have the food, cake, ceremony, and reception all taken care of by one person.

Sent on 10/09/2008

Angela · Married on 07/28/2018

I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding this past weekend. The venue was beautiful and fit the theme of the wedding really well. The wedding cordinator bre was excellent and made the wedding go very smooth, she was ready for any weather type and made the bride and the bridal party feel very comfortable in a chaotic time. She was really good at her job. The food was amazing, I wanted seconds lol. At the end of the night the wedding staff danced with the crowd and put on a good show. Everything in my opinion ended up going really smooth and it was beautiful night, so thank you.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Jenelle · Married on 05/09/2015

Beautiful place to have your special day. We loved the locations and options that we had to chose from. When looking at other weddings I feel like the other couples had a more personal relationshipnwith the staff than we did. Also I do not feel like I had enough clarification on my contract which could have been my own fault as well. I would definitely recommend wrights mill farm 100% to anyone looking to get married or having a party or renewal ceremony, I want to get married just to do it all over again

Sent on 08/18/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/22/2011

We wanted our wedding to feel informal and fun, but still wanted it to feel like a wedding - and definitely needed the venue coordinator to be both flexible and on-top-of-things since were were planning from out of state.

Linda, the coordinator, is "no-BS", and super-professional. She respected our budget, gave us tons of options, and never tried to up-sell us (in fact, quite the opposite - helped us decide when an additional cost was worth it, and when it was not!) She has a ton of experience, and always makes you feel like your event is very important to them, and that everything will work out in the end.

Venue is beautiful, especially for a fall wedding. We got married in October and used the waterfall area for our ceremony. Our photos were nothing short of amazing, with the leaves changing color. The venue is usually decorated with seasonal items, which worked for us given our autumn theme, and cut down on the cost of decorating every beam or pole in the lodge!

Staff is also great - kept our guests happy with lots of food and drink. In terms of flexibility: you have to use their chef, but the food is AMAZING. Lots of choices and flexibility within the menu. We did the buffet that was one step up from the lowest price. You can bring your own cake, but their package includes one, so we did that. Cake was totally passable, as we didn't have a huge opinion on the cake.

They have a local florist (third party), who is sweet and despite little direction from me, came up with the most beautiful and vibrant bouquets that looked fantastic in photos. We did our own centerpieces to cut down on the total flower costs.

If you look at their liquor/beer list, it is limited, but it's due to storage space - we asked them to get a few different beers and liquors, and they were more than happy to add them for us at no extra charge (because the prices were in the same range). Basically, any change we asked to make along the way, they were super-flexible with - we just needed to ask.

A few items to note - it's in a rural area. Closest major hotels are about 25 minute drive. We hired a shuttle bus for guests , although many still drove. For us, we loved feeling remote, like our wedding was the ONLY place to be that day! Also, Linda prefers in-person meetings for major check-ins, so we had to travel to the site from Boston 2-3 times over the year-long planning process. If you live too far away to meet in person here and there, it would work, but probably not as well. However, we did most minor decisions, guest list changes, etc. via email all along the way just fine.

Sent on 11/13/2011

Tanya · Married on 08/06/2011

Great job. The wedding coordinator, Linda, is excellent. She is so helpful and anything you ask. She makes sure the day goes perfectly.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kaylyn · Married on 09/18/2016

Wright's Mill Farm and the staff that work their are wonderful! We had our wedding there on September 18th, 2016 and it was everything we imagined. It was rustic with the touch of class. The fact that they handled so much of the work was fabulous. They had the ceremony and reception site, the caterer, a DJ, the cake, and a reverend all available. All I had to worry about hiring was a florist and photographer. When we heard there had been a fire, we were nervous but that didn't seem to phase the staff. I can not say enough good things about Wright's Mill Farm. The food was excellent, the ceremony was exactly like we wanted, the music selection was popular with the guests, and the whole afternoon went so smoothly. When I would wake up in the middle of the night with crazy questions that only a bride will stress about, I would email Curt, from the venue, and he would get back to me typically within a few hours, if not sooner. I strongly recommend Wright's Mill Farm.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Meghan · Married on 06/28/2008

Wonderful place. Made my reception wonderful and perfect!

Sent on 01/14/2009

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2015

Food was excellent and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location! Thank you again for everything :)

Sent on 07/17/2015

Erika · Married on 05/28/2011

3.0

Our overall experience with Wrights Mill Farm was great. Of course everyone notes the little things that go wrong during there wedding. We recently wed at Wrights Mill and had little to complain about other than some minor details. The location was beautiful and they decorated the outdoor pavilion for us. It was nice of them, but we weren't informed of this until the day before the wedding when we brought all our own decorations there to set up. Glad I spend so much money on decorations! We ended up setting up a few battery operated lanterns, but they never turned them on for us during the reception. When asked about them, we were told none of them worked. Mind you, we put brand new batteries in them the day before, and they were checked to make sure they worked as well. I'm not sure how that happened...
    Another minor issue we had, was with how things were laid out for the reception. Our gift and candy bar table were switched, so people ate all the favors during the cocktail hour instead of when cake was being served as intended. And when they placed out the candy, they never removed the plastic wrap we placed over the jars to keep dust and dirt out during travels. It looked sloppy and I was really disappointed with it's presentation. I was also told that there was no food during the cocktail hour and that it went really quickly. It was more of a cocktail 15 minutes. Many of my guests did not have any food until dinner...
    Linda knows what she is doing, but we found her to be very rude. On our wedding day she YELLED at us because we weren't moving fast enough during our pictures and directions were not clearly given to us. Many of our guests and family members also noted that she was not very friendly. She told one of my bridesmaids (who had to miss rehearsal) "I hope you know what you're doing" right before she was to walk down the isle. We felt that she was more stressed than we were and took it out on us and our guests. My dress arrived late to the ceremony, so when I finally got it on, she rudely told us to get in our cars, and literally took off in her jeep expecting us to follow her on the path we didn't know. Luckily the property is small enough that my bridesmaids were able to find us.
    One last thing also happened. We had a picture frame for our guests to sign. After the wedding, we could not find the glass to it. So we contacted Linda, and she basically told us we brought it there broken, so her staff members threw it away. But...Curt would replace it for us. It was a nice gesture, but I couldn't believe the way she stated it to us like it was our fault. We know it wasn't broken because we transported it and brought it in to be stored for the night. Accidents happen, so it wasn't a big deal, just frustrating how it was handled. Luckily it was only $7 to replace, so we didn't bother asking for a reimbursement.
    I hope this review doesn't turn you away from Wrights Mill. It truly was a beautiful place and we felt that they were very accommodating to our needs. They helped build a package for us and responded to emails promptly with any questions we had.

Sent on 06/26/2011

James · Married on 09/02/2006

4.2
      3.5

An outstanding venue for the reception. Our ceremony was elsewhere, but when we toured we saw the available spaces. The lodge is spacious and very well maintained and decorated. The only item of concern we had was that the beer of choice (Samuel Adams) ran out about halfway through the reception; however, they were definitely able to provide other drinks for the remainder of the event.

Sent on 05/10/2008

Lauren Schumaker · Married on 09/16/2018

4.2

Our wedding vision brought to life

My husband and I knew we wanted to get married at Wrights Mill after walking their grounds. Their rustic, natural setting was a beautiful back drop to our perfect day. They have a few options for the ceremony location and even more stunning sites for photos.
    Both Curt (owner) and Bri (coordinator) were friendly and responsive via email. They worked with us to bring our vision to life. They were especially accommodating when it came to all of the extras we brought with us (yard games, barn doors). All of the food (which is prepared on site by Curt) was amazing, and their DJ/emcee were both super fun and entertaining!

Sent on 01/03/2019

melissa · Married on 06/17/2007

2.5

Curt and Amanda from Wright's Mill were amazing! They were always responsive and helpful to all of the wedding questions that arose.

Sent on 07/25/2007

Erica · Married on 05/24/2008

2.5

While the outside is beautiful and the inside is very nice, the service was frustrating. Each time we met with them, we met with a different person and had to re-do our paperwork and re explain who we were. It was very frustrating and nerve racking. Wehn we went to make our final payment, they had misplaced one of our checks and said we still owed money. Luckily, they found the copy of the check and everything was settled. Though the pre-work was frustrating everything went great the day of. The food was delicious, everyone was raving about it.

Sent on 06/23/2008

Wrights Mill Farm's reply:

Unfortunately we had to make a change in our sales team. As most know this does happen at times and we did bring back a lady that had been here for over 8 years and needed a break. Glad all went well and very sorry for the paperwork part of it as it was tough to change so quickly. Curt