Wrights Mill Farm Reviews

Wrights Mill Farm 6
Wrights Mill Farm 7

Tiffany · Married on 05/30/2015

Best venue and food

I could not have asked for anything more from our wedding day!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Beth · Married on 05/24/2015

Curt and the rest of the staff at Wright's Mill Farm were excellent! My husband and I could not have asked for more in a wedding venue. Wright's was basically a one stop shop when it came to wedding planning. Not only does Wrights have a beautiful outdoor ceremony site next to a waterfall, plus 3 options for reception sites, the tables/chairs ect., food, and wedding cake were all included in the packages, plus, we also used the DJ, limo company and Justice of the Peace affiliated with the venue. Although we were not required to use these vendors affiliated with the venue, we were so glad that we did because not only were they all fabulous but this made planning our wedding virtually stress free! On top of all that, after looking at multiple venues that didn't offer nearly as many services, Wright's was by far the most reasonably priced. Furthermore, my husband and I knew that we wanted an outdoor ceremony , but were concerned about backup plans incase it rained on the big day. To our surprise, Wright's was the only venue we looked at that had a nice backup indoor ceremony site that could be set up incase of rain. We honestly could not say enough great things about Wright's and are so happy that we chose them for our wedding day.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/17/2015

My husband and I were married at Wrights Mill Farm in May and it was truly amazing. The staff there is absolutely wonderful and I was truly impressed at how flawlessly our day went because of all their help. Bree and Mark are an absolute treasure, I never imagined it could have gone so smoothly. The grounds were beautifully done made for amazing photos. All of our guests said it was the perfect setting and we couldn't agree more. The food was amazing, our guests loved it! They were still begging for the scallops wrapped in bacon when it was time to go home! It took us quite awhile to find the right venue for us and we truly couldn't have chosen one that was more perfect for us. Not to mention the beautiful horses from Cedar Knoll. There is not a single thing I could say about Wrights, Bree, Mark, or Curt that isn't wonderful.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Joan · Married on 05/02/2015

I cannot say enough positive about this venue for our daughter's wedding. To start off we live in NC and the wedding was in CT. This was our 3rd daughter to get married and the first venue to include location, caterer, cake, DJ and wedding planner. Thanks to Curt and his team the whole process from choosing our package months before to wrapping up after the event was seamless.
    The setting, from the grounds historic buildings to the waterfall ceremony site to the rustic hall was perfectly suited to our bride and groom's tastes. And a great setting for the photography. Bri, our wedding planner, knew what to do every step of the way and she and Curt orchestrated the day to perfection. The DJ's Mark and Patrick from Upbeat DJ really brought the fun and Mark was an immense help in picking out music for the event. Patrick went around during dinner and spoke with every table taking requests for the evening. The dance floor was hopping all night.
    The wait staff was attentive, professional and a lot of fun. And we can't say enough about the amazing cuisine. Our guests raved about the food from the appetizers to the buffet to the cake (which was gluten free for the bride). We even heard that the chef came out and visited tables.
    Thank you to the Wrights Mill Farm team for creating amazing memories for our bride and groom.
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 05/18/2015

Aaron · Married on 03/14/2015

Curt is great and so is Wright's Mill. We couldn't have asked for better service, he makes things so easy and was always willing to work with us on the price.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/26/2014

Curt, Bri, and Cheryl,
    Jonathan & I couldn’t be happier with the way that things went on our wedding day (October 26, 2014) Everything was just the way the both of us could have imagined. Curt was very easy going and let us handle everything by email as we were a busy Navy family and also living 4+ hours away from the venue. But between the amazing setting at the waterfall ceremony site, to the way the reception was set up by the wonderful Bri, EVERY little detail was amazing. All of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful Wrights Mill Farm was for the ceremony and how delicious the food was during the Reception. We plan to recommend your venue to everyone! Thank you so much to you and your family for such a spectacular day!
    -The Cliffords-

Sent on 10/30/2014

Lori · Married on 10/24/2014

My son got married last night at your venue. Words cannot describe how happy we were with everything. The hall was beautifully decorated, the food was excellent,and the waitstaff was efficient and curtious. We come from a very large family and have had many weddings throughout the years, but by far, this wedding is definitely in the top 5! So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing the best wedding for my son and beautiful daughter-in-law!!!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2014

We would like to thank you for making our dreams come true with an amazing wedding.Every couple dreams of the perfect day spent with family and friends, great weather, and a wedding without incident. Our day began with our pictures at our bed and breakfast followed up with pictures on your beautiful property before our ceremony. Interestingly enough we quickly found out you are not only a wedding venue, but also amateur meteorologists. You informed us of inclement weather approaching, which could possibly put a damper on our day. However, the news did not stop you from trying to make our vision of an outdoor wedding ceremony come true. It was at that moment we saw just how dedicated you and your staff were in making our dreams come true and making the day come together as planned. Your staff ran to gather our flowers and other accessories from the other site to move them to the new location, you gathered our guests and ushered them to the new location in record time, and you drove the bride in you own personal car to the new location. It was just amazing to see everything come together in the short time we had. You made us feel as though you wanted our day to be as perfect as we imagined it to be. After narrowly missing the showers we went on to celebrate with our family and friends who raved about how great your food was and how unique and amazing everything was. We can't thank you enough for helping us to have the wedding of our dreams and for making us feel like the most important people in the world that day. You proved to us why you are number on in what you do. Our wedding day was amazing!

Rebecca & Adrian Iwanczuk

Sent on 10/23/2014

A friend of mine raved about a wedding she attended at Wrights Mill Farm, so I decided to check it out as I was in search for a venue myself. From the moment I drove up to the property, I knew I had found my venue. Not only was it beautiful and reasonably priced, but Curt and his daughter Bri were great! Any question I had, they answered for me. The planning process was so easy and I honestly can say that I could not have picked a more perfect venue. I would highly recommend Wrights Mill Farm to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Wright's Mill Farm is a rare find in CT. Curt and his staff are truly amazing people who work to make sure everything for your wedding is perfect. Planning a wedding long distance can seem like a hassle, but Curt made it so easy. He was such a pleasure to do business with. The scenery at Wright's Mill Farm is absolutely beautiful, which make for stunning wedding photos. The waterfall ceremony site can't be beat. We had so many compliments on that alone. The food is delicious and the cake was to die for! We opted for the horse drawn wagon for our guests and horse drawn carriage for the bride. I am so glad we did as it added an unforgettable touch. Having my wedding at Wright's Mill Farm was the best choice I made when planning my wedding. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 08/01/2014
  • User4619476 · 2+ years ago

This venue was amazing. The staff was great and accommodating. They moved our entire outside set up to their indoor venue the day of the wedding on account of horrendous weather. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. The food, we are still having guests tell us how wonderful it was. The cake was also great and beautiful. We will definitely recommend this venue to friends.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Anne · Married on 06/13/2014

My wedding at Wright's was fantastic. The staff is so accommodating. They really helped turn what could have been a very stressful day into one of the best days of my life.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding was amazing and this venue could not have been more perfect! Curt and his staff were incredible and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. We have several guests come up to us and tell us how incredible this venue is and it was the best they have ever seen. We got both the horse and wagon and the horse and carriage and it really made our day even more incredible. I cannot wait to see all of our pictures with the beautiful foliage and on the gorgeous grounds! I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Sent on 10/06/2013

the quality of service and food at this venue promote provides is completely outstanding and there is no way anyone could walk out of there disappointed the customer service that is provided and attention to detail given to each and every individual in that whole entire place is amazing I recommend this to anybody out there for any sports or event that you might want to

Sent on 12/27/2013

Janet · Married on 09/28/2013

A Northeastern Connecticut gem! Wright's Mill is the perfect setting for a beautiful New England wedding. Curt and his staff were an absolute pleasure to work with every step of the way as we planned our daughter's wedding. They met our every request with enthusiasm and professionalism. They not only have a wonderful menu selection, but coordinated the cake and flowers too! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the venue. Our daughter and son-in-law loved the beautiful ceremony site complete with waterfall, the spectacular photo opportunities, and the amazing reception hall. Wright's Mill is a superior venue and a great value.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Nicki · Married on 09/21/2013

We couldn’t have been happier with our experience with Wrights Mill Farm. We had our wedding (both the ceremony and reception) there. We live on California, so we were coordinating the whole event long distance, and they made it so easy. (I literally came once a year or so ahead of time when I was looking at venues to pick one, and then didn’t come back to the east coast until 2 days before the wedding.) I never could imagine that planning a wedding could be so stress free. They literally thought of everything, and the night went perfectly. For example, I brought some shoes to change into for the reception the day before the wedding, and asked if there was a place I could leave them. Brie told me she would have them under my table at the reception. Sure enough, when I arrived at the reception after the ceremony, there they were. Neatly placed at my seat. They thought of everything!

Not only did they make the planning easy, but everyone we interacted with was so sweet, friendly, and pleasant. It was a real delight. They were also incredibly accommodating to all our special requests, the food was delicious, and the decorations were more beautiful than I could have imagined. On top of everything, we were planning the wedding on a budget, and Wrights Mill made it easy for us to keep well within our budget. This place is an amazing value.

In sum, I think that this is a perfect place to have your wedding. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

Thank you so much to Curt at Wright's Mill Farm and his staff for making our day the most beautiful day! This was the first and only venue that we looked at and we were hooked from the beginning. The wedding site is gorgeous and very unique. I couldn't imagine getting married any other place than surrounded by beautiful trees and a waterfall. We used the Pavilion as our reception site and it was amazing. The staff at Wright's were more than accommodating. The food was delicious and warm when served. The staff even served our handicapped sister at her seat without even being asked to. Curt was very pleasant to work with, very laid back, and made my day stress free! We love Wright's Mill Farm!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Amazing venue and amazing food. Worked so hard to make sure my day was amazing!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Tim · Married on 06/02/2013

Curt and his staff at Wright's Mill made our day the most wonderful day it could possibly have been. From the ceremony, which was perfectly done, to how they took us around for photographs, to the immense amount of extremely good food, they made this night truly wonderful. Everything about Wright's Mill was wonderful. If I would have one suggestion for the staff at Wright's Mill it would be to make the beef skewers into an entree, because if I did not have prime rib waiting for me, I would have just taken a plate of those and finished them off.

If you have always dreamed of a wonderful outdoor wedding, do yourself a favor and go here. It is worth it.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Robin · Married on 04/20/2013

Wrights Mill Farm in the perfect place for a wedding! They are very organized and know exactly what they are doing! The ceremony space outside is beautiful and the reception space as well! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Wright's made my wedding day beautiful! I got married outside at the waterfall, it was so scenic- looked like something right out of a story book. The entire venue was gorgeous. The property is full of luscious green grass and beautiful flowers. It's affordable and breath taking! The food was amazing, I felt as if I was eating at a five star restaurant! Wonderful place! The owner, Curt is one of the nicest guys I have ever met! Very professional! Wrights also did my cake, it was so tasty and beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Tom/Chrissy · Married on 08/04/2012

Great food, great place, great service. They are always there to help out with anything they can. Very friendly and easy to work with, and make planning easy.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Curt and his staff at Wright's Mill Farm could not have been more attentive to our needs. Great attention was paid to every detail and every possible effort was made to ensure that the day was perfect!
    We had several guests who are in both the Hospitality and the Food Service industries who found both the venue and the food to be among the best they have seen both personally and professionally. Several times during the evening we were approached by either Curt personally,or a member of his staff asking if there was anything that they could do, if everything was to our liking, and double checking that we were completely satisfied.
    The food was absolutely delicious, and the menu options offered a nice variety and very affordable pricing options. Everything was served hot, fresh and again ,by staff who could not do enough to see that we were completely happy with everything.
    The cake that we chose could have been an obstacle, and when we first discussed it we were expecting to have to settle for something more traditional because it was quite different and very detailed. We were pleasantly surprised when Curt said "We'll make it happen". We were more than happy with the final result, it was simply amazing! It was truly a work of "edible art" and was exactly as we had envisioned it!
    We would definitly recommend Wright's Mill Farm for weddings,anniversary's or any type of function. In a day when service is a highly limited commodity, these folks have it down to an art form!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Kathryn · Married on 06/22/2012

We had a fantastic time--thanks or everything!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Steven · Married on 10/08/2011

I have been to Wrights Mill for several weddings and other events and I could not say more about this venue. The waterfall for an outdoor wedding is beautiful, counrty at its best! The food is always amazing, the staff very efficiant and the view makes the day perfect. I have been to a wedding inside and at the pavillian both perfect for any gathering.

Sent on 07/21/2012