Wrightberry's Reviews

20 | Oregon City, OR

20 Reviews for Wrightberry's

Christine · Married on 09/20/2012

What an amazing cake! Got our money's worth for sure. The taste of the cake was wonderful, and all the guests loved it. My dream cake for sure! Thanks so much!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/04/2012

We waited a little long to order our cake and Wrightberry's was right there to serve us! They were more than wiling to take our 300+ cupcake order and were so friendly throughout the whole process. Since our venue was so close they delivered for free! We were able to choose as many flavors as we wanted at no extra charge and it was all amazingly delicious! Even the leftovers were great!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Suzanne · Married on 08/29/2009

Our wedding cake was everything we expected and more. It was absolutely beautiful! Jan was helpful and everything went according to plan. Our guests loved the flavors. The cake was moist. It was a big wow factor. Anyone who has seen the pictures asks "Where did you get the cake?!"

Sent on 10/10/2009

Darcy · Married on 06/21/2009

I went to several places for wedding cake tasting and Wrightberry's was by far the most moist and delicious cake. I gave them my design and they did an excellent job making it just how i wanted it. Great service and I get a free aniversary cake! Can't beat that!

Sent on 08/07/2009

Kristin · Married on 01/12/2008

They were a little more expensive than the other places we tried, but the cake design and taste far outweighed the others. The cake was gorgeous, just what I wanted, and I enjoyed all of the unique flavors they could do.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Helene · Married on 09/09/2007

WHAT AN AMAZING CAKE!

We tasted cakes ALL over town and this was by far the best!

We paid 4.50 per slice for a custom made cake. We designed our own flavors (which were amazing) then the cake was covered in homemade frosting, then homemade fondant and THEN decorated in handcrafted gum paste dogwood flowers. INCREDIBLE!

Very dependable.

Sent on 10/17/2007

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2007

The cake they created for us was exactly what we wanted. It was a beautiful display of presents stacked made out of cake and fondant. The cake was stunning! The comments went on for days about how unique and awesome it was. I'd recommend this cake company any day!

Sent on 06/22/2008

Kass · Married on 01/01/2013

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and we were told that it was very tasty, although we didn’t get to eat much of it ourselves (and there was very little left over). Each layer was a different flavor, which we chose individually, and each flavor was superb when we did get to taste it during the planning session! The cake was delivered on time and in perfect condition, set up, and beautifully decorated with the flowers which were left by the florist for that purpose.

My only concern was that our original order got lost somehow and we had to bring our copy of it as a replacement, which made me a little nervous, but everything went as planned on the actual day.

Sent on 01/20/2013

Cassie · Married on 07/12/2014

So delicious! My cake was on time and exactly what I wanted. Only issue was finding the proper email. The cake was tilting a bit in the hot weather but they knew how to accommodate that and it stayed up and it was still beautiful. Thank you Wrightberry!!

Ps. Definitely recommend the salted caramel flavor.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Logan · Married on 08/23/2012

The cake was beautiful and looked just they way we planned! They were easy to work with and they delivered the cake and assembled it at the venue for us. The only bad thing is that they cake tasted little different then we remembered when we went in for the cake tasting. We found the cake to be a little too sweet. It was still delicious but my wife and a few others felt it was too sweet. We would still highly recommend this cake company, we feel they were a great value!!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Jen · Married on 03/20/2011

We had cupcake towers for our centerpieces and they came out beautiful and were absolutely delicious! Wrightberry's delivered them and set them up for us. They also did our wedding cake that we used in our cutting ceremony! It was delicious and so gorgeous. It was exactly what we wanted. They do amazing work!! We would absolutely recommend Wrightberry's to anyone!

Sent on 03/27/2011

Carly · Married on 09/08/2007

Our cake was spectacular! As of now, our cake is on their homepage (the pink & green 5-tier square cake!) The quality of Jan's work is outstanding. The price is higher than other cake places we looked at, but nothing compared to the taste and design, so ultimately, it was worth it. They use all natural ingredients and are so delicious! You need to have everything finalized about a month prior to your date so if you change your mind at the last I'm not sure how flexible they would be (this wasn't an issue for us.) We still receive comments about how beautiful our cake was. You should check out Wrightberry's, we don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sent on 06/24/2008

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

We had a 4-tier, round cake with ivory fondant and the cake was BEAUTIFUL. We had our florist decorate it with flowers. It was not only great-looking, but it was literally the best cake I've ever had. A WEDDING CAKE was the best cake I've ever tasted. I highly recommend Wrightberry's Cakes & Cupcakes. If I had to give some constructive feedback, I'd say they should be clear on the pre-wedding arrival information. We got 2 answers on the arrival time and when you're planning a large event, it's important to have the most accurate information you can. If your wedding is in Oregon City or Portland... look these people up!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Kierstin · Married on 08/04/2011

Most delicious wedding cake I've ever had. I also love that for our first anniversary they will make a small version of our favorite flavor from our wedding cake, so we didn't have to worry about saving one of the tiers or a piece to freeze. We'll get a fresh cake on our anniversary! The boysenberry cake and Boston cream cake are to die for.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2011

Oh my wow.....the cake was amazing. We only got the one bite of ours during the wedding but my sister saved it for us in the fridge while we were on our honeymoon. That cake was still delicious when we got back and I've been back to the bakery twice since the wedding for their cupcakes! The cake was so moist and flaverful.

Sent on 08/20/2011

Jennifer · Married on 01/31/2009

I would certainly recommend Wrightberry's! Our cake was a 5 tiered piece of art! I wanted to specifically have my cake match my centerpieces which were a iced branches and orchids to fit the winter romance theme we wanted. Wrightberry's surpassed my expectation. Jan is very skilled in what she does and if you choose her, your cake will look very unique.
    We had five different flavors including carrot cake, chocolate fudge, white with raspberry and chocolate with andes mint filling. Our 400+ person wedding was very impressed with our cake and everyone raved about it.
    In also had Jan create a small groom's cake for my husband who went to college at the University of Oregon and his family are all "Ducks". My husband's cake was a surprise to him and just seeing how happy he was to see the Ducks as a part of our day was very special.
    We are looking forward to our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/21/2009

Savanna · Married on 09/14/2014

4.2

What a good cake! But there was a point I couldn't reach her and it made me nervous but the cake was there and it was very good. They did go out of business but she will still honor everyone she has a contract with. Everyone needs to just relax she will make your cake :)

Sent on 09/16/2014

Cher · Married on 10/04/2008

The cake was very tasty and I had never seen such a great selection of flavors and shapes! I loved that you could choose how you wanted your cake to be designed and most of the art was included-unlike Bales and Lambs Thriftway that a square cake cost much much more than a round cake!

Sent on 10/28/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2006

3.2
      3.5
      1.0

I loved working with Wrightberry's. My husband and I went to ten different cake places and although Wrightberry's was on the higher end of our price range we went with them because they were a small family business and their cake tasted amazing! There were only two things I was a little disappointed by. On our wedding day the bow which draped all the way down our cake broke as they were transporting it to the sight. They asked my husband if I would mind and he said the right thing, "she can't do anything if she doesn't know before she sees it during the reception". I appreciated him saying that because I would have been upset but they did not offer to refund any of the money or to rectify the situation in any way. The other thing was that one of the main reasons we chose Wrightberry's was because they were amazing at working with sugar. She was going to make sugar figurines of my husband and me for the cake. A few weeks before the wedding she called and said she couldn't get them done because she was so busy. I politely explained that we had already paid for them and it was in the contract that they would be provided. She ended up getting them done and they were great!

Sent on 01/27/2008

Kristin · Married on 08/18/2007

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

Of all the wedding vendors that we went with, this was our one regret. My husband and I were initially very excited about cake tasting and were going to go with Beaverton Bakery because of previous recommendations and how tasty their cakes are. However, after meeting with them, we found out that they cannot do a "stacked" cake. In other words, one tier directly on top of another. They have to put wooden dowels in between each layer, thus creating a gap. We thought this looked funny and it seemed old fashioned, so we started looking (and tasting) elsewhere. We came upon Wrightberry's, which my husband now call's "Wrongberry's." She operates he business out of her home and when we initially met with her at our appointed time, she had other customer's, so we tried to be patient and went and killed about 15 minutes time and then came back. We told her what we wanted and she was then mostly accommodating. We told her about how we were hesitant to go with a fondant frosting because of how a lot of other cakes we had tasted with the fondant were not as good as with buttercream. She let us taste her fondant and it was very delicious, creamy with a marshmallow consistency. So we decided on the style of cake, the flavors, and yes, even the fondant. Before leaving, I also gave her a sample of the exact color ribbon we wanted for the bases of the layers.
    The day of the wedding comes and she shows up with her husband in tow, and of course our cake... Her husband carried the cake into the ballroom and had the cake up by his hair as he walked in with it. The ribbon was entirely the wrong color green (we had requested a lime shad of green, and of course gave her the sample, and the color ribbon she put on was a sage green). Which was not a huge deal because it looks silver in all the photos. However, when we tasted it, it was not so good. the fondant was thich and not all what we had tasted prior at the tasting. The cake itself was okay, but overall, it fell into the category of your typical "bad wedding cake." We didn't even bother calling her up before our one year anniversary to ask if she would make a replica becuase it was so bad. Definitely was not impressed and would not recommend. We should have sampled more, but when you come upon one that tastes great and seems like they will do the right job, why bother? Very disappointing.

Sent on 09/10/2008