World of Wisdom Ministry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Timothy
    Timothy S. Married on 08/21/2021

Really knows how to respond to the energy of a room

Really added to how special the day was for us. He was great and reading the room and keeping a good flow. Such a fantastic guy to have around we asked him to stick around for our taco dinner!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Tim and Katy, your wedding was so much fun, I can't remember that much laughter during a ceremony as what we experienced at yours. Thank you also for the taco invite, they are one of my favorites! I had so much fun meeting your families and friends. Wishing you many blessings throughout your life and lots of happy memories.
    Kathryn C. Married on 08/14/2021

Fantastic!

Derek is amazing! He helped create the perfect ceremony for us. He had a ton of variations and examples for the ceremony, letting us pick and pull from different ideas to create perfect moments, including examples of vows, unity ceremonies, blessings and so much more. Derek Dube is professional and passionate. We felt so loved by him and he helped to make the day so special. HIGHLY recommend.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you so much for the loving review Katie and Arnoldo. Your day was very special because you are the best partners for each other and that showed in the touching personal vows that you shared with each other. From when we first met, I could tell how your personalities complimented each other. You are a dynamite couple and I wish you only the best on this new chapter in your lives. Thanks for being friends on Facebook - I can watch all the exciting experiences you will be sharing.
  • Nathan
    Nathan I. Married on 07/10/2021

Small Wedding Master!

We had a wonderful wedding with Derek as our officiant in July of 2021. For reference it was a small backyard ceremony with about 15 guests besides the newlyweds. He prepared a great ceremony, gave us ample time for notes and flexibility, and even came up with a great tree planting ceremony. He is the best! Was very popular with the families at our small wedding and has a great speaking voice. Overall could not be happier with our choice of officiant. Thanks Derek!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Nathan and Sarah. It was so much fun working with you to create such a beautiful and intimate wedding ceremony. The back yard setting was spectacular! I can't wait to see the pictures. I enjoyed meeting your family and hearing so many great things about both of you. Much Happiness and Joy are sent your way as you write each new chapter of your lives together.
    Jordan S. Married on 06/26/2021

Wedding Officiant

Derek was an amazing officiant at my wedding! He was very personable, professional, and made everyone feel very prepared for the day. He was always available to answer questions and I loved that my husband and I got to add so much character to the ceremony.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Jordan and Brody, it was so much fun working with both of you to create such an exquisite ceremony for your 'big day'. I simply loved the personal touches that you added and the two readings you chose were very appropriate (not to mention, two of my favorites). My wish for you is to enjoy a long life together filled with Joy, Peace and Love!
  • KIM
    Kim E. Married on 06/12/2021

Highly Recommend

Derek was so easy to work with and let us customize the ceremony to what we wanted. Professional, responsive, friendly - highly recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Kim and Jon, what a beautiful, intimate and charming wedding you had at the Botanical Gardens. I really enjoyed meeting your family and closest friends. This wedding ceremony sent the two of you off on a fantastic journey that will culminate in much fun, happy memories and a lifetime of love. Congratulations!
    Heidi K. Married on 06/05/2021

Created the ceremony around our wishes

Derek Dube was an excellent officiant. He provided suggestions and ultimately went with exactly what my fiancé and I wanted. He shared with us the exact script he would read during the ceremony and he stayed in regular contact from the time we hired him. Five stars.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Namaste Heidi and Yogi, creating a ceremony with you and combining your two different faiths was such a joy for me. The personal touches that you added were an intimate and perfect way to express your love for each other. I look forward to all the wonderful stories and adventures that the two of you will share throughout your lives.
    Paige C. Married on 05/22/2021

Couldn’t Have Asked For Better!

I could explain in detail the headaches caused and hoops to go through that 2020 caused myself and my husband trying to get married…but at the end of the day and two weddings later (2020 and 2021): Derek was truly great to have as an officiant through both! He guided us through our vows and answered any questions we had. He was so flexible with what we did or didn’t want as part of our big day. Even the day of (2021), THIRTY MINUTES before the ceremony, he allowed me to change the location of the ceremony! (No questions asked, took charge of the group, and just rolled with it!) Having an officiant like Derek really took a weight off my shoulders as a bride on her big day. 100/10 would recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

WOW! What a sensational ride it was - but truly a glorious and memorable one also. Having to reschedule your ceremony that many times due to the covid situation I'm sure was stressful for you, but in the end - it was just PERFECT - we did it together. I am grateful that I was able to be there for you through all of the changes and adjustments. Paige and Joe, you are a wonderful couple and are meant for each other. I want to send you my best, my support and all the blessings you deserve.
    Elizabeth S. Married on 05/08/2021

Excellent ceremony, could not have done it without Rev. Dube!

Thank you so much Rev. Dube!! We could not have had such a beautiful ceremony without you.
    We highly recommend having Rev. Dube as your officiant. He provided us with all of the essential information and more, answered all of our questions, provided feedback and suggestions, went out of his way to meet in person with us, and walked us through each and every part of the ceremony. Although we hadn't known each other for long, he truly made us feel like family. Thank you!!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Lisa and Max, thanks for the kind words and your input into the type of ceremony you dreamed of. You were both a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed meeting your families and friends at your intimate, awesome reception. The food, the atmosphere, the dancing, your guests and of course both of you all made for a magical day and a memorable celebration. Congratulations on this new chapter in your lives!
  • Nicole
    Nicole G. Married on 11/07/2020

Derek is Wonderful

Derek was absolutely unbelievable to work with from the beginning through our wedding day, and even after. Right from the beginning, Derek made a huge effort to get to know us, and to craft our wedding ceremony around the things that were most important to us. He was incredibly professional, and he performed our ceremony in a way that displayed its beauty and thoughtfulness perfectly. We could not recommend Derek more!

The Nickels

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Nikki and Greg, thank you so much for the wonderful assessment. It certainly was an honor to Officiate your wedding ceremony and celebrate this new chapter in your lives. I had a terrific time co-creating such a beautiful ceremony with you. Getting to know you over these past several months has been a joy that I will cherish for many years to come.

I wish you both only the very best that life has to offer and I am excited for all the fun and meaningful adventures ahead of you.

Most Gratefully,

Derek.
  • Amanda
    Amanda N. Married on 10/31/2020

Derek was wonderful!

Derek was absolutely wonderful to work with! He provided all the necessary materials for us to create our perfect ceremony and was patient when I took forever to get back to him. The rehearsal wouldn't have went as smoothly as it did if Derek wasn't there to help. I got many compliments on how friendly and professional Derek was from many family members. I highly recommend him to any future couples!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Good morning Amanda and Sean, thank for your kind words. I thought the two of you were absolutely wonderful to work with as well. Your rehearsal was so much fun - we laughed and joked all night - and the wedding ceremony turned out perfect! I wish you both all the best that life has to offer as you enter this new chapter in your lives and continue to support each other along the way. I look forward to all the new and exciting experiences you share with each other as the years go by.
    Amanda C. Married on 10/03/2020

Little rain couldn't stop us!

We were very happy with our choice to go with Derek/World of Ministry for our officiant for our 2020 wedding. It was quite a year planning and he was patience with us and our last minute planning. He provided some great examples of ceremonies and it allowed us to build our own to what we wanted. He was very professional in planning and presentation and we were pleased how it all turned out (even with some last minute rain on our ceremony day). Thank you for your help Derek and it was a pleasure to have you be part of our special day!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Josh and Amanda, I had so much fun with you customizing your wedding ceremony. You're right, a little bit of rain did not stop a most beautiful and magnificent day to celebrate your love for each other. I am so glad to have met both of you and call you my friends. I am looking forward to all the wonderful experiences that will enhance your lives for many years to come.
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 09/26/2020

Powerful and professional wedding officiant

We were extremely happy with our choice to go with Derek Dube as our wedding officiant. He was helpful and friendly throughout the preparation process, arrived on time, looking sharp, for the ceremony, and provided many helpful last-minute tips and suggestions for the ceremony logistics based on his experience. The ceremony itself was beautiful and seamless. We definitely made the right decision by choosing Derek/World of Wisdom.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Rachel and Alex, what can I say? Your ceremony was simply beautiful and I enjoyed my time working with both of you to co-create the perfect wedding day for you and your guests. Speaking with some of your family members and close friends really gave me a great understanding of how much they love and support you and the love and respect that you have for each other. Thank you for allowing me to share in your celebration.
  • Carla
    Carla Married on 09/12/2020

We couldn’t have done it without you!!

Derek, thank you for being part of our special day. Your patience, professionalism, & caring attitude is what we needed. The ceremony was perfect. We could not have done it without your guidance. You made the day so special. The ceremony shined on God as our Guest Of Honor. Thank You!!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Carla and Adam, it was my pleasure to be of service to you as your Wedding Officiant on your 'big day'! I reaaly enjoyed meeting you and working on your ceremony that Ithought was simply perfect even though we had so mnay details change throughout the process. Carla, your dress was gorgeous and you made such a beautiful bride. Adam, you are a fine and caring person and I know the two of you will enjoy many, mnay years of happiness and fantastic experiences for years to come. Many blessings you both of you and your families.
  • Sophie
    Sophie Married on 08/22/2020

Derek helped us create the most perfect micro wedding!

Derek was a pleasure to work with! He was professional and provided us with plenty of resources to help us create a ceremony unique to us, while also keeping the traditional elements of a wedding ceremony that we valued. He was flexible with all the changes that the pandemic forced on us and respectful of our health and safety throughout the event. We had the most perfect micro wedding! If you are looking for a minister, look no further!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Sophie and Andy, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. I enjoyed cocreating a beautiful and very intimate ceremony with you. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during the process and what we had to deal with regarding covid 19 was extremely helpful and appreciated. Your love for each other really shone bright that day and will last you a lifetimefilled with mutual respect, happiness and fun memories.
  • Mike
    Mike R. Married on 08/15/2020

The Perfect Wedding Day

Working with Derek was everything you would hope for when planning your wedding. He was kind, responsive, knowledgable, flexible, and extremely personable. Aside from all that, he's simply a great guy that you want to have at your wedding. Derek stayed for dinner and our guests could not stop talking about how kind he was throughout the night and what a positive addition to our wedding he was. More specifically, he sat with my family and took genuine interest learning more about our story. Derek was the officiant for not only our wedding, but also for my brother in law. I would not recommend anyone other than Derek to help guide you in your wedding planning process and provide genuine input with your interests in the forefront of his mind. Book him now. you will not regret it!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Mike and Kayla, the pleasure was all mine. I had o much fun working with both of you to create the perfect, intimate wedding ceremony. I had a great time meeting and talking with your families and friends, they all love you soooo much. It was great to see everyone again since I married Kayla's brother at the same venue just a couple of months prior. By the way, the venue, River Park, is simply beautiful and I will reccomend it to couple's in the future. I look forward to many, many years of your friendship and I am excited to see all the neat adventures your path brings your way. Much Love and Blessings.
    Amanda N. Married on 08/01/2020

Exceeded Expectations

Derek is a true professional. He guided us through our ceremony to truly make it our own, with thoughtful tips along the way. He went above and beyond to ensure everyone was comfortable and well taken care of the day of the wedding.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Amanda and Christian, thank you so much for everything. I appreciate all the effort that you put forth in co-creating such a beautiful ceremony. The tree planting ritual and inviting your children to participate was awesome and cherished. I am sure they will remember this for the rest of their lives. I wish you and your family all the best as you continue writing the wonderful adventures of your life experiences together. Peace, Joy and love to all of you.
    Stephanie Married on 06/26/2020

Wonderful!

Derek was wonderful to work with! We were a "COVID couple" so we didn't have the typical big wedding that we planned; however Derek made sure our small, intimate family wedding ceremony was perfect.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Stephanie and Joe, as I sit here and contemplate your wedding service, I have a big smile on my face. I so enjoyed meeting you and assisting in making your 'big day' such an intimate and heartfelt celebration of marriage! I wish you both all the best of Joy, Peace, Happiness and Love that your union so deserves. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey.
  • Chris
    Chris H. Married on 06/20/2020

The Perfect Experience

Derek Dube was an incredible help to us. With constant changes due to the COVID19 situation Derek was patient, kind and flexible during our whole experience. We were able to create and recreate our ceremony to meet our needs and it turned our completely perfect. We strongly recommend Derek and the World of Wisdom Ministry.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Alyssa and Chris, I know we had many changes to overcome in the final few weeks before your beautiful and intimate wedding ceremony. In the end though, it turned out phenomenal! Even with the venue changes and the out of state planning, we DID IT!!! I thought the ceremony was just perfect. I enjoyed meeting your closest friends and family and I am excitedly looking forward to the big celebration in April of 2021.
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla Married on 06/12/2020

Outstanding Officiant

We were honored to have Derek be the officiant at our wedding. We ended up booking Derek last minute since we lost our original officiant due to covid-19. He was super flexible and attentive with all emails and phone communication through the whole process. He was able to accommodate everything we wanted to include in our wedding ceremony. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and we are very happy that he could be a part of our big day. Thank you for coming to our rescue and giving us such an amazing wedding ceremony that we will never forget.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Priscilla and Vincent - oh wow- what a pleasure it was for me to not only meet the two of you but to be of service to you. I am so glad that I had your date available. We did not have much time, but what a beautiful service we co-created for you and your guests to enjoy. It was a perfect day and one that I will certainly remember for a very long time. I am glad that we are connected on face-book so I can follow all the great experiences that are in store for you as you write the new chapters of your life story. Many blessings to both of you.
  • Valerie
    Valerie N. Married on 05/24/2020

Derek was Great!!!

Derek was awesome to work with! He was very attentive and professional throughout our entire time working together. Derek was well prepared and gave a great deal of insight regarding our big day from the initial meeting to the days following our wedding. We were able to make the ceremony exactly what we wanted and Derek was available all the time to give ideas from his years of experience. If you are looking for someone who has a great deal of insight and will take an active, caring role in your big day, Derek is the officiant for you!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Valerie and Lance, thank you so much for your kind words. I am very honored to have met both of you. Your wedding ceremony was intimate, beautiful and heartfelt. I am glad we became friends and I look forward to all the great adventures that you will experience in your journey together. I had a great time at your reception meeting your families and friends. Will be watching on FB for all the updates in your life. Blessings to you for a life filled with Joy, Happiness, Love and Adventure.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 04/25/2020

Phenomenal Service

Derek was a wonderful officiant who helped us customize our ceremony to perfectly match our day. He made our celebration all the more better.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Rebecca and Phil, what a pleasure it was to meet both of you and create a perfect Renewal Wedding Celebration! I had a lot of fun at your reception dinner. I sat with some great guests who had nothing but wonderful things to say about you and how you are the perfect match for each other. Enjoy your life story together.
  • Margaret
    Margaret K. Married on 01/27/2020

Excellent Experience!

Derek officiated our wedding and we were so happy with his work. He is a kind and accommodating person who will make your day absolutely special and amazing. He is responsive, efficient, and organized. I would highly recommend his services!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Margaret and Jack, your wedding was SO MUCH FUN! You are both wonderful people that I am very happy to have met and to be a part of your big day was an Honor. Thank you very much for your friendship - I look forward to all the wonderful experiences you will share for many, many years to come as you travel this new path together. Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
  • REBECCA
    Rebecca B. Married on 01/11/2020

Could not be happier!

Derek was absolutely fantastic to work with. He helped us create a unique ceremony that truly embodied our relationship. We truly enjoyed the whole process. I would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Becky and Brian, thank you so much for the wonderful assessment. It was a bunch of fun working with you to create such a beautiful and meaningful ceremony. I am glad you chose the hand ceremony - it was simply perfect for the two of you. I can't wait to see your photos - especially the ones outside in the snow. I look forward to hearing all the good experiences that will be coming your way in the future.
    Ana Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing outdoor ceremony!

Derek was so easy to work with. He provided us with numerous reading options, optional ceremonies, and vows to select from. We were able to tailor our ceremony to fit our personalities. He was very responsive and patient with us. We truly enjoyed working with Derek! Thank you!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Ana and Tony, I had so much fun with both of you over the past several months co-creating your personal and intimate wedding ceremony. The lake in the background will make for some spectacular pictures that you can enjoy for many years to come. I am so glad that you were able to include Joseph as your ring bearer, he was a very cute addition.