Woodlands Reviews

18 Reviews for Woodlands

• Michelle

Michelle Williams · Getting married on 07/07/2022

#1 venue!

I cannot say enough good things to recommend Woodlands!!! It is the perfect setting - just 30 minutes outside of Denver, secluded and surrounded by beautiful trees and scenery! As a bride, planning and hosting a wedding during COVID times was incredibly stressful, but Janelle and Stephen (venue owners) could not have been more patient and helpful throughout the process. Their thorough communication was always prompt and much appreciated during such unknown times. During the wedding planning process, we had multiple issues with our caterer and scheduling. Janelle and Stephen went out of their way to help us solve the issues, and they went above and beyond to make sure that our day went off without a hitch! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any couple in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 08/06/2020
  • Carrie

Carrie Mcnealy · Getting married on 12/07/2020

Beautiful Day at The Woodlands

Location and the gorgeous views were what got us to seriously consider The Woodlands for our daughter's 7/12/2020 wedding, but we booked this venue because it really is the total package. This beautiful, modern barn has dedicated spaces for the bride and groom to get ready, as well as a built in bar that made beverage service so easy!
    The owners were great to work with (especially during these crazy COVID times) and they worked hard to make our daughter and son-in-law's day very special.

Sent on 07/23/2020

Anna Hostetter · Married on 06/26/2020

The best venue in CO!

Woodlands is an absolute dream, I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. The owners are lovely and will help you with anything and any questions that you have. We received so many wonderful compliments about the venue and I am so happy that we made the decision to book with Woodlands.

Sent on 06/29/2020
  • Emily

Emily Starr · Married on 02/21/2020

Best Woodland Wedding Experience

We are so thankful for the beautiful experience we had working with Janelle and Stephen at their Woodland venue! A week prior to our wedding, there were complications with our original venue. Having to change venues came with a lot of emotions, especially anxiety. After talking and meeting with, Janelle and Stephen, I felt so relieved and knew that the change happened for a reason... It was truly meant to be. They are such a sweet couple and their venue is gorgeous! Our wedding day was perfect and they played a huge role in that. In need of a venue? CHOOSE WOODLANDS!

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Anahita

Anahita and Nick · Married on 02/16/2020

Absolutely Perfect

The absolute perfect venue. Going into wedding planning we knew we wanted to do an outdoor ceremony in winter in the mountains. Not an easy order to fill, but Janelle and Stephen never even questioned what we wanted. From the second we turned off HWY 285 we knew it was the perfect place (and we booked well before the barn had even been built!). The scenery is absolutely perfect and the most Colorado you can get with the evergreen trees and mountains in the background. I cannot rave about the physical venue enough - absolutely stunning.

Then there was Janelle and Stephen, who made us fall in love with the place even more. They were so welcoming and caring throughout the process, letting us come to the venue throughout the whole construction process and coming just to check things out and plan decorations. You can tell how much they love what they're doing as they are always willing to give advice and help out. It was so special to have them there day of as well to help tie up any loose ends.

Everything about this place is perfect, and we cannot recommend it enough!

Sent on 03/24/2020

Leah Walker · Married on 10/26/2019

Best Venue by a long shot!

The Woodlands was an absolute dream venue for my husband and I to begin our marriage! Stephen and Janelle are amazing-responsive, thoughtful, honest, helpful, and personal. They made our dream wedding possible in every way, and honestly, better than we could have imagined! The setting is beautiful, the barn is immaculate, and they are so helpful in adding little details that truly make the day "yours" and perfect! We cannot say enough-this is absolutely the place to get married!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Amanda&Fumba

Amanda & Fumba Chibaka · Married on 10/13/2019

Would book Woodlands again in a heartbeat!

Couldn't ask for more gracious owners or a more beautiful space to get married! We would do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Janelle & Stephen, for building such a gorgeous building and being wonderful people to work alongside! We feel lucky to have stumbled across Woodlands in a hunt for a wedding venue.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey Barrios · Married on 10/08/2019

Best Venue in Colorado

I never truly dreamed of what my wedding would be when I was a little girl. But now I know.... even my dreams couldn’t have imagined how wonderful it would be. The Woodlands is absolutely magical! Nothing is more special than sharing your day with a family (Janelle, Stephen and baby Owen) who cares about every single wedding- it really makes a huge difference. It was such an amazing experience and the absolute best night of our lives. It’s close to civilization, but feels completely remote. It’s classic, yet charming... unique, yet warm!! Simply put... the best venue in the state! Thank you Statham’s!!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Becky

Becky Barry · Married on 08/23/2019

The BEST Venue + BEST Owners

Woodlands is truly a special venue! As many have written before me - this venue has it all. My husband and I stumbled upon the location online (at the time, only a patch of dirt) and decided to take the risk and book our wedding there after seeing the amazing views and meeting Janelle and Stephen - and we are SO glad we did!

This venue is in a great location as it is so accessible to downtown Denver but still has the beautiful mountain vibes without the higher elevation and far distances of other venues.

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the beautiful views, and one of my friends told me she asked her husband if they could re-do their wedding at Woodlands. It truly is a gorgeous location.

Stephen and Janelle were incredibly accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. They are fun, energetic, super responsive and even found me a (highly recommended) day-of-coordinator when ours' fell through only a month before the wedding. We love the energy they bring to their location, and they do so much to make you feel special, loved, and supported on your big day!!

I wish we could have our wedding all over again, and 10/10 times I'd choose Woodlands to host!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Brigitte

Brigitte Seiler · Married on 08/16/2019

Best of both worlds

You won’t find a better venue in the Denver-metro area. We wanted a compromise between the mountains and Denver and this is it! We are SO lucky we stumbled upon the Woodlands last fall while it was still just a pile of dirt and a vision. We took a leap of faith trusting Janelle and Stephen would deliver and it exceeded all expectations. The outdoor ceremony spot is breathtaking, quintessential Colorado and the indoor space is so clean, modern and totally versatile. Our guests were blown away, taking pictures all night long. We’re so happy we chose the Woodlands, and relieved we beat the rush as I’m sure the wait list is years out by now! The only downfall is the early curfew- 10 PM due to sound ordinances in Morrison. It was a bummer to end that early, when our dance party was just getting started. But even with this drawback we wouldn’t change a thing! Best day ever!!!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 08/11/2019

Just perfect!

We got married at Woodlands in August 2019 and it was honestly better than we could have ever imagined! This is the most beautiful venue and made our wedding day perfect! I got countless complements about how beautiful the venue was and I know that having our wedding at Woodlands made our special day the dream day it was! The outdoor space for the ceremony has a breathtaking backdrop and the indoor part for the reception is so beautiful and the perfect space for an amazing party. Janelle and Stephen have gone above and beyond to make the venue so special and they are both so kind and accommodating. I could not recommend this gorgeous venue more and I am just thankful we got to have our wedding at Woodlands!

Sent on 04/17/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 08/09/2019

Best venue EVER!

If we were to plan another wedding, we would 100% plan around Woodlands availability. Working with Stephen and Janelle was the best and easiest part of planning our entire wedding. They were helpful, attentive, and extremely supportive throughout the entire process. When we found the venue, it was a pile of dirt with the most beautiful view. Because of that view and Stephen and Janelle's open and honest communication with their plans for the space, we didn't waste any time booking them and not once did we have any worry about how beautiful the barn would be. Our guests are still talking about how stunning the entire venue is! The white barn is a perfect backdrop to literally anything you have in mind and you can't beat the view from the open barn doors out into the forest of trees. We LOVE the Woodlands and would 100% recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Nicki

Nicki Fagan · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Venue with Wonderful Owners!

Everything about this Venue is perfection. Janelle and Stephen were extremely responsive, understanding, and flexible. The natural beauty of the area, met with the gorgeous barn and wood details made this the perfect spot for us. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Kira

Kira Hogan · Married on 05/27/2019

Become a part of the Woodlands family!

This venue is the full package. Family owned, beautiful location, flexible, budget-friendly (we booked it when it was still in the building stages which is why our price is different than what they list now, but seriously for the service and property that they provide it's unbeatable!), adaptable to different wedding looks, easy to work with, and most importantly FULL OF HEART. My husband and I found this venue when it was still just a pile of dirt. Let me tell you, we didn't pick this place because of the pile of dirt and construction tractors, we picked it because of Janelle and Stephen. They are the epitome of wholesome people who have put their heart and soul into this place. Through the whole process of planning this wedding and watching this barn go up, they were nothing but supportive, patient, flexible, and so approachable. We truly felt like we were a part of their family the whole way. If you are looking to have a wedding venue that feels like a slice of home instead of just another event rental, Woodlands is absolutely the place to get married. As for the property, they thought of everything. The bride and groom's suites were all decked out and pampered. The barn is a dream: white wash walls, huge space, beautiful furniture. The ceremony spot is something straight out of Pinterest. The heated patio was perfect for a cocktail hour, with enough space for our 180 guests. They even provided two bagboard games on their lighted lawn! Everything from the drive up to the barn, to the tucked away forestry of the area is magical. This place and its owners will always hold a special place in our hearts, as they made our most special day so heartfelt, easy, and memorable. I cannot thank Woodlands enough. They even left us with our own personal wedding gift, I mean seriously these people are wholesome and truly want to use the wonderful space they have created to give people a beautiful and serene wedding day. We obviously have nothing bad to say about this place, so go ahead and become apart of the Woodlands family.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Courtney · Married on 05/26/2019

Janelle and Stephen are Amazing!

From first meetings to opening the doors to walk down the aisle they were there every step of the way and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience or a better venue.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jaz · Married on 05/10/2019

Built With Love!

I was very picky when looking for a venue because I needed a place that was flexible/allowed outside catering, was within my price point, provided tables and chairs (their chairs are very on-trend), and had a mountain view close enough to the city for my out-of-town guests to be able to attend. I also wanted an updated space - it seems like there are plenty of barn-type venues to choose from, but none were as modern and elegant as the Woodlands.
    My now husband and I viewed the space when it was a plot of dirt with pink stakes in the ground. After seeing the breathtaking view and meeting the outstandingly organized (and reassuring) owners, Stephen and Janelle, we drove home in silence, watching the rolling green hills and beautiful alpine rocks pass us by. It was the easiest decision of the entire wedding planning process.
    Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, Janelle and Stephen were extremely quick with correspondences, helpful with questions, and kept us updated as the venue was built. With all of the stressors and moving targets of planning, our being-built venue was the very least of my worries - and that's all thanks to the owners! The day before our May 10th wedding, it snowed buckets and I was afraid we wouldn't get the outside ceremony we'd hoped for. Janelle spent hours shoveling snow off the ceremony grass once the snow stopped, and the grass was green by the next day. I can't thank her enough!
    The bridal room is beautiful, well-lit, and extremely comfortable. The groomsmen suite has a pool table - need I say more? The space inside the venue is open, allowing for creative arrangement of tables, food, etc. I even got to have a VW Bug photo booth rolled in, and it fit the space perfectly. The barn doors are perfect for a bride who wants a big, breathtaking reveal as she walks down the aisle, and the mountain backdrop is just stunning.
    Overall. I would pick the Woodlands again and again. I had such a great time, and was so thankful to have found Janelle and Stephen. They really have put their hearts into this venue, and it shows. Our guests were all blown away by the space and had a wonderful time. My husband and I felt truly cared for throughout the process and the day of, which is way more than I thought I would find when searching for a venue!
    Thank you for everything!

*to note, our venue cost was discounted due to the venue not being finished when we signed the contract. Another thoughtful bonus from the awesome owners!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • AliJenn491

Ali Jennings · Married on 02/11/2019

Stunning venue, amazing people!

Janelle and Stephen were amazing venues owners from the start. We booked Woodlands when it was still under construction and they were some communicative with progress updates the entire time. They post AMAZING Instagram content so you can really feel like you are at the venue even when you are not. They have a steller list of preferred vendors that made wedding planning a breeze even though we live out of state. The venue had everything we needed - amazing indoor and outdoor space, lawn games, twinkly lights, unique wood features, etc. The heated patio is a great feature for cocktail hour, especially in the fall when it is still pretty to be outdoors but a bit chilly.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Jenny

Jenny Loobeek · Married on 09/21/2018

Our Dream Venue!!

I can honestly say there is no better Venue than Woodlands Colorado. I would give them 100 stars if I could! We were one of the lucky couples that found this amazing venue in the early construction phase, and after standing on the back-ceremony area and meeting Janelle and Stephen, we KNEW immediately that this was the place we'd want to get married. They were kind, honest, and refreshingly upfront about their plans for the barn and their property. All I can say is WOW did they deliver!! I can’t say enough about the views…they are breathtaking! They even inspired the song I walked down the aisle to. Woodlands is a family-owned and operated venue and the work, time, and love the owners have put into the venue shines through in so many beautiful ways. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the beautiful views and the overall feel of the venue. It was big enough to hold all of our guests and then some! but felt intimate, warm, and inviting. We haven't gotten our official photos from our photographer yet, but we've seen a few sneak peeks and the white barn and the sunset that evening was the perfect backdrop to capture our special day, It was more than we could’ve ever hoped for or imagined. After weddings, people often say they would change a few things, but for me, I'd get married at Woodlands all over again and chose it as our venue EVERY time! We love Woodlands and Stephen and Janelle, and I know you will too!!

Sent on 10/21/2019