Woman's Club of Tallahassee Reviews

24 | Tallahassee, FL

24 Reviews for Woman's Club of Tallahassee

Charlene · Married on 05/27/2017

The Wedding ceremony was at our Blessed Sacrament Church .
    The venue for the wedding reception was so elegant and with practical affordable pricing. The building's exterior gorgeous yard with the Oak trees and landscape is so beautiful . The interior with its chandliers, wood flooring was an elegant and perfect for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. The music sound was great. What beautiful backdrops for the wedding photographs.
    Melanie was so understanding and helpful for the booking. She even shared photos of examples of how to decorate. Ken was so kind,helpful and was at the reception to be of assistance.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/09/2016

It made a beautiful backdrop to our wedding. It was perfect for an outdoor wedding under the trees, and made our reception a convenient stroll indoors. The acoustics inside were perfect for music. It was gorgeous, and we couldn't have asked for a better venue for our big day!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Catherine · Married on 02/20/2016

When I first began searching for a wedding venue I knew exactly what I was looking for. After many venue appointments I found Woman's Club. As soon as I saw the lawn and the clubhouse, then hearing the prices and what was included, I was sold. Melanie and Ken were wonderful to work with. They answered all my crazy bridal questions, and Ken was on point the entire wedding day so that no one had to worry about anything. I loved the venue, and had so many people compliment me on my venue choice.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Woman's Club of Tallahassee's reply:

Thank you Catherine for the kind remarks. We do try to please and we appreciate your response. I am glad everything turned out as you expected and your special day was just as you wanted it to be. Beautiful!!!

We had our daughter's wedding reception at the Woman's Club in December. The clubhouse and setting is lovely and it worked very well for dinner and dancing. Melanie was very easy to work with and very understanding of our situation with the military. Ken, who was on-site the day of the reception, was great too. I would highly recommend this venue for any event, particularly now that you can choose your own caterer.

Sent on 01/03/2015
  • User4319260 · 2+ years ago

The Woman's Club, was perfect for my Sunday afternoon wedding. They were always available for me to meet with, very responsive with emails, and helped make my day perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Julia · Married on 06/07/2014

The Woman's Club of Tallahassee was a beautiful location to have our wedding reception. The surrounding area is equally as gorgeous and perfect for bride and groom pictures after the ceremony.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/14/2011

Our contact person, Melanie, was great and always responded promptly to my emails. We held the ceremony outside on the front lawn with the reception to follow indoors. We received lots of compliments on how beautiful the venue was. It's such a great location choice for a classic southern wedding. The expense is well worth it.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Ellen · Married on 05/08/2010

The room is beautiful, the people are courteous. It is a very good deal - the linens and dinnerware are included in the price. They are booked early - we looked almost a year in advance for a spring wedding and got a date two months later than we first wanted. You have to use the caterer that is employed by the Woman's Club, but they chose a delicious caterer. We loved the location because we held the ceremony in the park and walked to midtown bars after the reception to continue the party!

Sent on 05/27/2010
  • cclements

claire · Married on 03/27/2010

This was the perfect place to host our reception!
    We chose the Women’s club for several reasons ~ close location, the style and local charm provided, and the nostalgia (all locals attended at least one dance or prom there). A very Special Thanks to Karen with Klassic Katering!!
    Everyone was great to work with.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Lindsey · Married on 04/18/2009

Absolutely beautiful site. Its located in the oldest neighborhood in Tallahassee and has a lot of charm and lush landscaping. Great for outdoor pictures.

Sent on 04/28/2009
  • Mrs. NewBeginnings

Mary-Imani · Married on 05/05/2013

The venue was beautiful and everyone loved it. The rental coordinator worked with me consistently to answer all my questions and make sure everything was arranged as I wanted, even down to my day of changes. It was perfect!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Bec2009 · Married on 04/25/2009

Beautiful site, especially at night.
    Only issue was an almost double booking, but it was quickly corrected.

Sent on 05/19/2009

J · Married on 12/03/2011

We booked the Woman's Club for both our ceremony and reception, and loved the big windows and beautiful oak trees surrounding the venue, as well as the Los Robles park a block away for pre-wedding photos. It was perfect for our guest list of under 70 - not too big and not too small, and the venue had just been nicely decorated for the holidays shortly before our wedding. Melanie and Linda were very responsive and easy to work with, and let me come by several times to do walk-throughs and to map everything out for the big day. The rate was reasonable and included tables, chairs, china, flatware and glassware. The dressing room was a little small and you can't use sparklers on the property (understandable, though), but otherwise it's a lovely venue and we enjoyed getting married there!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Megan · Married on 04/16/2011

The Woman's Club was a beautiful place to have a reception. It has an "Old Tallahassee" feel that touches each person who attends. They are contracted with Klassic Katering so it does make things easier when planning an event. The only suggestions I have would be to invest in floor length table clothes and to have all tables, chairs, table clothes be included in the final price.

Sent on 04/30/2011

Molly · Married on 03/13/2010

The Woman's Club is really beautiful with large windows that let in lots of light. They provide a lot - linens, tables, flatware, drinkware, chairs and barware - for a very reasonable price. The only problem I had was trying to get the exact quantity of the above items they had.

Sent on 03/30/2010

Holly · Married on 06/21/2009

The Woman's Club is the only place in Tallahassee I could imagine having my wedding at. It's big, open and airy with hardwood flowers and gorgeous windows. I also loved that you get all of the chairs, tables, china, glassware, silver, and most linens included with the rental fee. If you book on a Sunday you get all of that for the unbelievable price of $750! The wait staff was great, and they really helped keep the event rolling. The only complaint we had is some miscommunication with date confirmation before our deposit was paid, causing us to lose our original date, but in the end it was resolved with us moving our wedding reception date to Sunday, which is cheaper anyway! So no hard feelings from that incident. The Woman's Club was a beautiful backdrop for our summer wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2009

3.5

My husband and I chose this location for two reasons. First reason was the price! We had a very low budget wedding ($2,000 max) and it was hard to find venues for less than $1,000. We found this location and it cost us $850. The second reason was a bonus. This location is absolutely beautiful!! Wood floors, chandeliers, and tall glass windows that let in wonderful lighting.
    What was great about this organization was they set up all the tables for us before we came in to set up the centerpieces and decorations. They were very helpful.
    There are quite a few restrictions (like no sparklers, open flames, sand, etc.) but it didn't bother us too much.
    Reaching them took a little bit, but that was because it's run by several individuals and their personal numbers, but they were very kind and patient with all our questions.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2006

3.5

The Women's Club was a beautiful, classically North FL venue for our reception. The hardwood floors and wall of windows made decorating easy. The staff are pretty accomodating, although they cancelled one appointment, but these things happen. My only complaint is it did get a little warm in there after a lot of booty shakin' so if you have a midsummer wedding, you may want to ask them to bump the ac a little lower. Ultimately - great job!

Sent on 05/09/2008
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/02/2010

4.2
      3.0

The Woman's Club is beautiful and they include tables, chairs, linens, etc. in their reasonable rental rate. My one problem was that you must use their caterer, and they were right in the middle of changing caterers when I booked them. As a result, I got lost in the shuffle, whiched caused some problems. They also had several rules/restrictions that I thought were a bit extreme and unfair, but I felt it was worth putting up with in order to use the facility. The site is beautiful and my reception was lovely because of it.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Kristin · Married on 03/21/2009

The woman's club was the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. We had just over 80 guests attending and the lawn area in front of the club was the perfect setting. We had a late afternoon wedding (4 pm) and the sun was a little blinding at times. If you plan to do the ceremony on the front lawn you may want to check the time the sun sets the day of your wedding to make sure that you and the rest of your gusest will not have to deal with the sun blocking out your view of what is going on! The inside of the club is spacious with tons of room for tables, a buffet, dance floor, etc. The outside patio is also great if you need to take a breather or if you have guests attending who smoke. My only suggestion would be to create some sort of room for the bridal party to "hide" in before the start of the ceremony. We ened up in the ladies restroom, which has a small sitting area but anyone who needed to use the bathroom was able to see me prior to me walking down the aisle.

Sent on 04/03/2009

Brandi · Married on 02/17/2007

3.0

Great place to do a reception, however, you do have to use their caterer so there is not as much flexibility.

Sent on 10/19/2008

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2011

3.8
      3.0

We had our reception at the Women's Club. It is a beautiful setting and you can't beat the price. However, nearing the end there was a lack of professionalism. They threatened to cancel my reception because payment was late and were extremely rude about it. They also would not meet with me to let me see inside the venue and the contact person for the event at their club was the caterer. Which I found a little strange. And the caterer is the only caterer you can use. You must use this specific caterer. All in all, the reception was beautiful though and the linens, tables and chairs are included in the price.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Mallory · Married on 06/04/2011

3.8
      3.0

I held my reception at the Woman's Club. It was beautiful. The sun sets behind huge old oak trees through tall palladium windows, and it is just magical. I received a lot of compliments from my guests. The price for renting the venue is PHENOMENAL! It is about half the price of some of the other places I checked: Bradley's Pond, Southwood House, Goodwood, FSU Alumni Center, etc. The price of renting the Woman's Club also includes tables, chairs, linens, flatware, plates, and glasses which is a STEAL! None of the other venues I checked included all of that, so it would have been an additional cost. At the Woman's Club you get an indoor, climate controlled environment that has the feel of being outdoors because of the huge palladium windows!

The one and only HUGE DOWNFALL of the Woman's Club is that you have to use Klassic Katering, and they are terrible. Karen, the owner and head chef of KK, is the Woman's Center point of contact for events at the Center, which I thought was very strange. I had several problems with the caterer, but no course of action or assistance in resolving the issues from the Woman's Club. Karen berated me, ran up the cost of my food, refused to set my tables the was I requested, and ultimately served food that was bland, dry, and almost TWICE THE PRICE of what I told her I could afford on my budget. If you want to read more about my experience with Klassic Katering, I wrote a review for them too. I highly encourage you to read it if you are considering the Woman's Club of Klassic Katering for your event.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Woman's Club of Tallahassee's reply:

The Woman's Club no longer has a Caterer. You may bring in your own Caterer for your event. The Woman's Club provides only table and chairs these days
    but it is still a wonderful venue for a special event.

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2015

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

My husband and I chose the Woman's Club mainly because of price and availability. It was super reasonable for a full day rental, especially for Sunday's. We had a short engagement (4.5 months) and needed a venue quickly, so that was another reason why we chose the a Sunday at the Woman's Club since Sunday availability was much higher than Saturday. The Club is beautiful on the inside with wood floors, high ceilings and windows, a pretty fireplace and outside there's a pretty garden area and majestic oak trees. The look was exactly what I wanted and required little decoration, which is a plus when you're on a tight budget. You also can use your own caterer and there's a full kitchen at your disposal, which is really nice. My only issue with the Woman's Club is that the two ladies who coordinate weddings and other events were not very responsive to me. I played phone tag with them many times as well as not receiving timely, useful replies to my emails (I generally emailed multiple times about the same thing and would only receive responses to half of my questions/concerns). I felt that I was not cared for well as a bride and with having a short engagement, I needed to arrange things quickly and efficiently and they were a big part of helping me to achieve that. The Woman's Club really should hire someone full time just for weddings; I know it's a non-profit and that may not be in the budget but it's a lot to ask volunteers to coordinate people's weddings. I also wish there was a way to improve the parking situation, but being that it is located in a residential area, I know that's also something they don't have much control over. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Woman's Club as a beautiful, reasonably priced wedding venue with just a few things that could use improvement.

Sent on 09/26/2016